Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

• 1 month later...

What Tools are being used for doing this?

I ask since I would like to 'Fine-Tune' the MOD to be what I'd like (Perfection matters to someone with OCD).

I also ask, since I would like to 'Fine-Tune' Specific Weapons to look just like I want them to look.

From the Photon Piston that looks like a Duck Gun (and hopefully sounds like a Duck), to the Reaper AR with a Custom Paint Job.

24 minutes ago, Downloader-225 said:

What Tools are being used for doing this?

I ask since I would like to 'Fine-Tune' the MOD to be what I'd like (Perfection matters to someone with OCD).

I also ask, since I would like to 'Fine-Tune' Specific Weapons to look just like I want them to look.

From the Photon Piston that looks like a Duck Gun (and hopefully sounds like a Duck), to the Reaper AR with a Custom Paint Job.

You'll need Umodel for opening/browsing/exporting of models and textures, UnrealPak for packing mods and unpacking pak files, and the Unreal version that the game is built upon. You can google search the game and find what version the game was made in. You'll probably need a hex editor as well to find out the model dependencies, so that they can be placed into the editor in the correct path for cooking into useable assets. If you don't already have a modeling program, you'll need blender and a .psk importer plugin, which you can find in a google search as well.

It seems like a lot but it's really not all that much once you get the hang of using these tools. Good luck!

OK, so I've missed something for sure.

Anyway, so I'll just make a 'Request' at this point, just to keep things simple as I can.

This Forum has ended up a little messy (just a lot to read through at 01:00 AM in the Morning, LOL).

Request:

N-Patch Type: Clear (got that part), and 'Inward-Facing' (Currently Outward by the look of those Screenshots)

Suit to Replace: Default Starter Suit (and ArFA-Sys Default too)

Tools:

I'd like the Download links to the Correct Tools and Version.

I have PaintDotNet and 3DSMax (Version 9) and Blender.

Then, to cover those mishaps that Installation can bring, a quick Readme File would make things easier.

Since we seem to be getting replies for these topics I gotta ask how do I find the voice files for the SAO characters & the player avatars generic stock voice? I know how to unpack the packs and find stuff to a point. but I can't find that anywhere. I'm trying to find Lievre,Zeliska,leafa in specific if I can find where those files are I plan to rename and replace the player characters voice. also can anyone replace the boring phonton sword models with models that actually resemble a Lightsabre please.

1 minute ago, Left4lol2 said:

Since we seem to be getting replies for these topics I gotta ask how do I find the voice files for the SAO characters & the player avatars generic stock voice? I know how to unpack the packs and find stuff to a point. but I can't find that anywhere. I'm trying to find Lievre,Zeliska,leafa in specific if I can find where those files are I plan to rename and replace the player characters voice. also can anyone replace the boring phonton sword models with models that actually resemble a Lightsabre please.

Since these Characters have Spoken Scripts, wouldn't those Scripts Break?

Not an expert by far, but if the Game goes looking for a Spoken Script, it might break the Game if they referenced it in a specific way.

Basically, the sound not existing.

As I said, I'm no expert here.

OK, so here's something I didn't know, the Game has to load from it's Original Directory.

Basically, making a Copy that is a MOD'ed Copy won't count, as when you launch the Game (even from the Directory of the MOD'ed Version), it will load the Version that is in the Original Directory.

Plus side is, I found out why it wasn't working.

Now all I need is the Tools to Edit the thing (no idea where to find the Correct Tools at the Correct Versions).

Please can someone leave a Download for the Correct Tools for the Job please.

Edited by Downloader-225
Clarity
11 hours ago, Downloader-225 said:

Not an expert by far, but if the Game goes looking for a Spoken Script, it might break the Game if they referenced it in a specific way.

Sorry I have no idea but if I had to give a answer I'd say they're likely set up the same as the player except they scripted to react to other characters.the scripts would probably still work or they may not speak at worst it may crash the game but I don't know really.

Edited by Left4lol2
56 minutes ago, Downloader-225 said:

Think I may have just found where the character voices are found go to Game/Product/Asset/Sound/Human there's a list there but I can't tell what's what hope it helps.

For anyone looking for better weapon models left 4 dead 2 steam workshop has a ton some including custom firing sounds.

Also I have a few more requests.

1.is it possible to have the shops inventory edited so that they sell character specific clothes I noticed all the SAO cast has special versions of outfits such as specific color schemes that I'd like to get but can't get.

2.Lievre's ribbons can they be made to come with the player version of the custom z suit? Or be attached to her hair style in the customize character screen? either way it would be nice to get that accessory.

3. I know this one may sound dumb but can the starter DLC Guitar Grenade Launchers & Masamune 7&3 Sabers be added to the drop tables for the defense battles I would like to do this myself but I have no idea which weapon is which. And personally I do like the guitar grenade launcher.

4. Is it possible to find and include the characters skin tones and hairstyles and proper hair colors the npcs have and set them to the player characters avatar as the default? (since the devs decided to make it impossible to make a clone of characters.) And set them over the player characters avatar as the default including the character voices set to default as well? So that the avatar will sorta look like said character but also be changeable.

Edited by Left4lol2

Last few mod requests I have

1. Can anyone make the online Co-Op quests available in lobby since it's impossible to play them offline. also can they be made to play solo or with the ai in the party?

2. Is there anyone in here that can make any unused button/key switch to another character? that would be amazing to have.

3. This is probably a stretch but is there anyone here who knows how to change the games UI so that it treats any party members like the player or arfasy? in that you can click on them and can go into their skills and equipment and change it to our liking and give them better equipment to use as well as a reset option to give them their default gear that would be amazing if anyone is capable of doing that.

20 hours ago, Downloader-225 said:

Anyway, so I'll just make a 'Request' at this point, just to keep things simple as I can.

This Forum has ended up a little messy (just a lot to read through at 01:00 AM in the Morning, LOL).

Request:

N-Patch Type: Clear (got that part), and 'Inward-Facing' (Currently Outward by the look of those Screenshots)

Tools:

Then, to cover those mishaps that Installation can bring, a quick Readme File would make things easier.

If possible can you put the nude mod on when you don't have a outfit on please.

20 hours ago, Downloader-225 said:

Request:

Tools:

Readme on the mods is towards the beginning of the topic. Plus I've linked it several times. As far as modding the game - can't help you. All I know how to do is package the mods that were already created. It does use UE4.

4 hours ago, Left4lol2 said:

If possible can you put the nude mod on when you don't have a outfit on please.

To address a few of your inquiries:

*There are purchaseable disguises in the game that will allow you to use the model of an in game character. They're in the Office where the PVP and BoB Simulations are. One of the four NPCs in the center sell them but they aren't cheap.

*Replacing character voice lines won't break the script unless you speak japanese, and are reading japanese subtitles. Not entirely sure why you would want to do this though, nor am I sure where the files are in the directory.

*We cannot make any changes to the game's mechanics, only small changes to the UI could be done theoretically. So customizing each individual character is currently impossible. An option to switch characters by button press is also impossible.

*You can mod an accessory in game to recreate Lievre's ribbons, but I believe her ribbons are already an accessory. I may be wrong though.

*It's impossible to not have an outfit on in Fatal Bullet. You always have to have one equipped. I think this is why the default outfit was chosen to use as a nude replacer outfit, because you have it immediately in the game.

You can replace the weapons and sound effects, but you really gotta know what you're doing to get that done. Since many of us are busy or on other projects right now, It's down to the people that want these mods the most to get them done.

On 10/25/2021 at 12:48 AM, Blehbreh said:

To address a few of your inquiries:

*There are purchaseable disguises in the game that will allow you to use the model of an in game character. They're in the Office where the PVP and BoB Simulations are. One of the four NPCs in the center sell them but they aren't cheap.

*Replacing character voice lines won't break the script unless you speak japanese, and are reading japanese subtitles. Not entirely sure why you would want to do this though, nor am I sure where the files are in the directory.

*We cannot make any changes to the game's mechanics, only small changes to the UI could be done theoretically. So customizing each individual character is currently impossible. An option to switch characters by button press is also impossible.

*You can mod an accessory in game to recreate Lievre's ribbons, but I believe her ribbons are already an accessory. I may be wrong though.

*It's impossible to not have an outfit on in Fatal Bullet. You always have to have one equipped. I think this is why the default outfit was chosen to use as a nude replacer outfit, because you have it immediately in the game.

You can replace the weapons and sound effects, but you really gotta know what you're doing to get that done. Since many of us are busy or on other projects right now, It's down to the people that want these mods the most to get them done.

1. Her ribbons are a part of her character costume there's 3 in total 1.the player version 2.her character model 3.her special challenge outfit the glowing orange one sadly not a accessory I been to other places that confirmed that

2.disguises? do you mean the metal trader ones? Because those are online lobby only they will make your character into whoever you choose. but they don't do anything outside of online lobbies or in free roam/battle.

But would it be possible to make a terminal/mode that lets us change into whoever we want to play as sorta like a free roam. But without the limits of kiriturd mode. basically whoever is chosen is treated as player character minus avatar customization? if possible that would make a good alternative.

so switching to other characters by button press is impossible as well as making changes to game UI to treat party members like arfasys?

What if it's just one character to be modified Lievre. instead of everyone else then would that be doable? if so then can that be done instead? also when will any of you guys be able done with whatever projects?

Edited by Left4lol2

OK, so this Thread is Officially a Mess, somebody should post a Tutorial on YouTube on how to Edit the Files and such.

I'm a Visual Learner, rather than someone who can go through Text to find what I'm looking for.

Really Bad (slow) at Reading (my mind just isn't wired for it).

Anyway, I could do with a Step-By-Step Tutorial.

1. Tools, and how to Install them

2. Basics of how they work

3. How to use the Tools to edit a simple Feature

Then take it from there...

40 minutes ago, Downloader-225 said:

OK, so this Thread is Officially a Mess, somebody should post a Tutorial on YouTube on how to Edit the Files and such.

I'm a Visual Learner, rather than someone who can go through Text to find what I'm looking for.

Really Bad (slow) at Reading (my mind just isn't wired for it).

Anyway, I could do with a Step-By-Step Tutorial.

1. Tools, and how to Install them

2. Basics of how they work

3. How to use the Tools to edit a simple Feature

Then take it from there...

No offense bud, but I think you are asking for a bit too much. This game is now ancient. I personally won't do it. If someone comes along and decides to do that, great. But the information is already available. And this is coming from someone who is a visual learner also.

All I can say is good luck. Unless a better quality mod comes out then already available, I personally won't be revisiting this game to create more tutorials for it. I simply don't have the time. Raising a family, and building a business.

EDIT: Especially because you aren't JUST asking for a visual tutorial to install a mod. But how to use the tools to create a mod. That is something a very small percentage of modders will do. There's PLENTY of youtube tutorials on Photoshop and Blender, and 3Dmigoto is a beast of it's own. I still don't quite understand it enough to volunteer my time. You learn the tools and then apply that knowledge to modding. Hardly any modder is going to invest their time to literally, essentially create a sample mod for you. As if they have to go that far, you aren't going to be able to take that knowledge and create something for the community. No offense, but that's largely the case. This is a skill that you have to do the leg work on. Start with photo editing and 3D modeling tutorials on youtube. For both Photoshop and Blender.

Now, if you want to incentivize someone to essentially write/record a tutorial to start modding this game, that is solely dedicated to this game, try commissioning someone. Unless money is on the table, given how old the game is, and a nude mod exists, I'm sorry to say, but you probably aren't going to get what you want.

PS: Largely only two to three people in this community have shown they can mod this game. (Literally create a modification.) They've already provided mods. If you want them to help you get up and running, you seriously have to pay for it. Otherwise, they would have already done what you have asked.  And no, I'm not one of them. I only packaged what other people created. Plus wrote a tutorial on how to get their mods actually running in game for everyone.

PPS: @Dante91 @NovaRain are the two individuals who'd I suggest contacting for information on how to create a mod for this game. But again, unless you can commission them for what you want, I wouldn't bother. @Spewn is another one. But I don't think he visits this forum anymore. These three individuals are the ones who've released mods. They know more then I do. As I'm merely a packager. I can package the files for this game, nothing else. The only game I've 3D modeled for was Bullet Girl Phantasia, and it was very primitive. Moderchan released a better mod so I still use his.

Edited by Hakufu1021
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to change the 3D model, you need to replace the respective links and UV maps.
I have successfully replaced the 3D model. Specifically, the blue rose f9 looks like a fragrant olive sword, or a heart-shaped  photon sword with dead data.

First, extract the psk file to be replaced and load it into the blender. Next, read the model you want to reflect in the game. The data to be read can be psk or gltf. Relink the link associated with the original model on the blender to the model you want to change.
Rebuild the UV map to be the same as the original model.
Output in fbx format after deleting the original model that is no longer needed.
Build with ue4. The rest is the same as changing the texture.
No MAT file required. Simply put the required assets in the texture and mesh folders and repack.
The UV map will come out with a txt file when extracting the original model, so you will need to remap while referring to it.
If you change the 3d model, the texture will not be reflected unless you recreate the UV map correctly. I couldn't paste it well because I didn't fully understand the UV map lol
However, if pasted correctly, it should also apply to the game properly.

12 hours ago, saofb said:

Replaced the model. However, I'm having a hard time reflecting the texture because I don't understand the association with the material exactly.

8B58E343-0059-46AC-9F3D-7C7743E3B5FF.jpeg

You need to ensure that there is a texture mapped to the material slot(s) of the weapon in whatever modeling program you're using. Then in Unreal, make sure the texture maps and materials are in the proper place in their folders. Finally, those materials need to be made into Material Instances in the same folder as the materials, just overwrite the other materials with the instances. When the mod is packaged ensure that the texture maps remain in the mod pak, all of the materials can be deleted. Material instances are only there to reference the location of the texture maps. If everything is done properly the textures should show up correctly on the weapon.

On 2021/11/10 at 午後12時18分, Blehbreh said:

使用しているモデリングプログラムに関係なく、武器のマテリアルスロットにテクスチャがマッピングされていることを確認する必要があります。次に、Unrealで、テクスチャマップとマテリアルがフォルダ内の適切な場所にあることを確認します。最後に、これらのマテリアルは、マテリアルと同じフォルダ内のマテリアルインスタンスにする必要があります。他のマテリアルをインスタンスで上書きするだけです。modをパッケージ化したら、テクスチャマップがmod pakに残っていることを確認して、すべてのマテリアルを削除できます。マテリアルインスタンスは、テクスチャマップの場所を参照するためにのみ存在します。すべてが適切に行われると、テクスチャが武器に正しく表示されるはずです。

Thank you for your reply

I still can't paste the texture well.
I overwrote the material with the texture parameters of the instance. But it doesn't work in the game. Maybe I don't understand enough.
If possible, I would like a completed file in fbx format.
This is the data just before packaging.
By studying it, I can see where I made a mistake. And I can understand how to paste the texture correctly.
I want to know the before packaged state where textures, materials, instance materials, meshes and textures are correctly associated.

2 hours ago, saofb said:

Thank you for your reply

I still can't paste the texture well.
I overwrote the material with the texture parameters of the instance. But it doesn't work in the game. Maybe I don't understand enough.
If possible, I would like a completed file in fbx format.
This is the data just before packaging.
By studying it, I can see where I made a mistake. And I can understand how to paste the texture correctly.
I want to know the before packaged state where textures, materials, instance materials, meshes and textures are correctly associated.

I will have to create an example for you. This may take a couple of days but I will get back to you.