Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

• 1 month later...

Oh hey, nice, a nude mod at last. Not an amazing looking one but hey, its something.

I figured I'd try my hand at replacing the nude texture with one that has a slightly nicer looking nipple but I'm woefully incompetent at doing EU4 stuff, I can unpack the stuff fine, but then hit a snag with actually repacking it back into a .pak file. The quickbms just errors out no matter what I seem to try.

Maybe someone else in here is better at this stuff than me, so here's the (untested ingame because obviously) edited texture

T_AF_SKIN_000_000_D.tga

Looks like I got it to work. This was a PAIN IN THE ASS to do and I didn't even create the texture. Just packaged it.  Seems the nipples are very light. Was that intentional @Spewn If not, and you decide to create another texture. Make it a few shades darker. As I'm entirely inexperienced with UE4. So I literally just opened up a blank project, imported the texture, built it. Then unpacked the .pak file to get the completed assets. After that, I took those 3 files, and overwrote the original mod. (Again, I probably created a few additional unneeded steps. But hey, I'm an absolute noob at this. It still created a usable file by the end so I'm happy.)

I'm extremely oversimplying it as this package took me a good 14 hours to get working in game. It was a pain in the ass. But at least now I know how to do it. So if you aren't satisfied, shoot another texture and I'll get it sorted.

Pictures :

Capture.JPG

SAOFBNude.rar

(Sorry forgot credit) Thanks goes to @Spewn for the texture. All I did was create the package.  Want anymore textures packaged into another mod, let me know. I got the process down so it's easy from here.

Here's another picture close up with better perspective showing the nipple portion off.

PS: If anyone wants a tutorial on how to at least create your own mod packages. Let me know. No clue how you'll do this with other costumes. But at least you'll be able to create your own version of the nude mod if you have the skills. (The chinese modders did the leg work. It's just if you want a different texture for your own personal preference N look.)

Capture.JPG

Oh hey, kick ass, nice work figuring it out ?
It's not going to be perfect, like, the nipple protrusion is noticable pretty small, which is going to make lining up the texture to it pretty hard (especially due to the lack of a uvmap to work with) but I'm pretty content with how that ended up looking.

(As an aside, I feel like the devs have taken a bit of an odd approach to scaling the breast size up. They kind of start to sag, but only on the front part, which gives a weird unnatural look. I actually scaled my character's chest down a bit since installing the nude mod because of it.)

Here's a package with a bunch of texture variations. The nipple textures are all taken from artificial academy 2.

I made a 50-50 gamble on the texture placement in relation to the mesh protrusion, I hope I gambled well, if not, I'll reupload a corrected version. A tutorial on the repaking progress would probably be pretty useful. Else I'm just going to end up uploading a bunch of 'blind untested test versions' here :P

NippleTextures.rar

7 hours ago, Spewn said:

Oh hey, kick ass, nice work figuring it out ?
It's not going to be perfect, like, the nipple protrusion is noticable pretty small, which is going to make lining up the texture to it pretty hard (especially due to the lack of a uvmap to work with) but I'm pretty content with how that ended up looking.

(As an aside, I feel like the devs have taken a bit of an odd approach to scaling the breast size up. They kind of start to sag, but only on the front part, which gives a weird unnatural look. I actually scaled my character's chest down a bit since installing the nude mod because of it.)

Here's a package with a bunch of texture variations. The nipple textures are all taken from artificial academy 2.

I made a 50-50 gamble on the texture placement in relation to the mesh protrusion, I hope I gambled well, if not, I'll reupload a corrected version. A tutorial on the repaking progress would probably be pretty useful. Else I'm just going to end up uploading a bunch of 'blind untested test versions' here :P

NippleTextures.rar 493.86 kB · 2 downloads

I downloaded your texture package. Thank you. I'll create a full tutorial with pictures tomorrow. (Plus include the tools I used.) To prep for it - You absolutely need Unreal Engine 4 build 4.16.3 (The one that the game was built using. ) As I haven't found another way to bake the texture.

I would do it tonight, but I'm in chill mode and have work tomorrow. Plus I don't want to rush this tutorial as trust me, your first time through it's a pain in the ass. So being able to explain it step by step, with pictures, and have it be coherent will prevent me having to re-explain it to any noob wanting to use it. So I'd rather, write the tutorial from a perspective that you have absolutely no idea how to do this like I did, and your options are read the tutorial and get it, or spend countless hours piecing it together with google. (Which is what I did.)

Fuck it, I went ahead and created the tutorial. Let me know if there are any errors. I stepped through this as I wrote it. So I detailed each and every step. But if there's one missing or it isn't readily apparent how to move on. Let me know. And I will correct the tutorial immediately!

Hopefully everyone can use .RTF files. If not, search google. I'm assuming you are on Windows 10. So it should be as easy as clicking on the file.

Anyways, below are two files. Tutorial.rtf and Tools.rar.

Again, everything should be included as I literally wrote this tutorial operating out of the Tools folder. Step by step. If I encountered any issues, I fixed them before I wrote the step where I encountered the issue. So the tutorial should be free flowing from start to finish!  But if I accidentally missed a step. Let me know and I'll correct it. (I'm no expert at writing tutorials.)

Tools.rar

Tutorial.rtf

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spewn said:

Apologies for the late reply to this. It has been on my mind all this time but I was kinda busy.

Excellent tutorial Hakufu, couldn't have figured this stuff out without it :thumbsup:

Here's 4 slight nipple variations, all .pak'd up and ready for easy drag and drop installation into the ~mods folder

Nude mod variations.rar 6.52 MB · 5 downloads

No worries, glad you could get it working! Also thanks for the mods! Wish I knew how to mod the costumes. But honestly, if just a simple nude mod is such a pain in the ass, I can only imagine doing model edits. I have nowhere near enough free time.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, NovaRain said:

Hi guys,
I've some CGs art finished, someone are from VA - they was faster than me (but I think it's OK).

So please, if someone could convert it to unreal engine .assert file, it will good enhancement of the mod. ;)

UmodelExport - Copy.rar 8.95 MB · 38 downloads

Hide contents

sao5_100.png.f34e76ebd19d50254a5adadb6909951c.png

P.S. if me work is good, I'll continue editing ....

Thanks for this! I'll see what I can do Sunday. (Kind of dealing with a shit load at work.) But unless someone beats me to it, I'll try my hand at doing it Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NovaRain said:

Hi guys,

is there any way to inject unreal engine .uexp textures without installing unreal engine? I was used small tool for inject .dds textures to .uasset files, but it doesn't work for .uexp.

Thanks

As far as I know (and I could be entirely wrong.) no there isn't. Just like Uasset. You have to install the Unreal engine and bake them. Sorry I haven't packed the files yet. Ran into a SHIT load of IRL problems. I'll be off work Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll do it then.

EDIT: If you could provide a save file where the files you  edited, are actually visible on screen. (At least one of them.) I'd greatly appreciate it. That way I can make sure the packed files work. As I've never done this before. (I'm not entirely sure if just packing them after creating the usable UE file will work.) Which means I'll probably have to use the existing nude mod method to add those files into it. So the packed mod will become a nude mod + cutscene mod.

So being able to test I'm doing this properly and it works, would greatly help me. As again, I was brand new to packing usable files with the nude mod. Same goes for this. So a save file where I can test to make sure the modded files are actually loading, would be greatly appreciated.

On 11/4/2019 at 4:33 AM, Hakufu1021 said:

As far as I know (and I could be entirely wrong.) no there isn't. Just like Uasset. You have to install the Unreal engine and bake them. Sorry I haven't packed the files yet. Ran into a SHIT load of IRL problems. I'll be off work Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll do it then.

EDIT: If you could provide a save file where the files you  edited, are actually visible on screen. (At least one of them.) I'd greatly appreciate it. That way I can make sure the packed files work. As I've never done this before. (I'm not entirely sure if just packing them after creating the usable UE file will work.) Which means I'll probably have to use the existing nude mod method to add those files into it. So the packed mod will become a nude mod + cutscene mod.

So being able to test I'm doing this properly and it works, would greatly help me. As again, I was brand new to packing usable files with the nude mod. Same goes for this. So a save file where I can test to make sure the modded files are actually loading, would be greatly appreciated.

OK,
first - I've problem installing unreal engine to the computer where I working. - So basically I need someone who can compress files to .aexp. Compiling to the .pak file I can do.

second - of course I'll share my save file - but without the right files - there will be useless. 

So the packed mod will become a nude mod + cutscene mod.

that's was my first idea ;)

I'll provide .dds export of the textures.

DDS.rar

Thanks.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:17 AM, NovaRain said:

OK,
first - I've problem installing unreal engine to the computer where I working. - So basically I need someone who can compress files to .aexp. Compiling to the .pak file I can do.

second - of course I'll share my save file - but without the right files - there will be useless. 

that's was my first idea ;)

I'll provide .dds export of the textures.

DDS.rar 2.6 MB · 6 downloads

Thanks.

Ok, I got everything into one pak. I'm not sure if this works as I don't have a save file to use to test the events. But, the nude mod still works, so I assume, the game events do. Let me know how it went as I kept another copy of the baked files. So I can package that up for testing as well.

They do not make modding this game easy. That's for sure.

EDIT: Also I don't know what you meant by .aexp. The original game event files with the same names of the files you provided, use Uasset. So I baked them as such. Considering a quick google search did not yield anything on .aexp. I found this out by using UnrealPak to extract the entire 0.pak of the game. (Took like 20 minutes on it's own.) So the ENTIRE folder structure between the two mods should be preserved. (Nude mod and game event mod.) Considering that was my goal. The folder structure would be identical, so hopefully, if the images baked correctly, they should render ingame.

Nude Plus Cutscene mod.rar

5 hours ago, Hakufu1021 said:

Ok, I got everything into one pak. I'm not sure if this works as I don't have a save file to use to test the events. But, the nude mod still works, so I assume, the game events do. Let me know how it went as I kept another copy of the baked files. So I can package that up for testing as well.

They do not make modding this game easy. That's for sure.

EDIT: Also I don't know what you meant by .aexp. The original game event files with the same names of the files you provided, use Uasset. So I baked them as such. Considering a quick google search did not yield anything on .aexp. I found this out by using UnrealPak to extract the entire 0.pak of the game. (Took like 20 minutes on it's own.) So the ENTIRE folder structure between the two mods should be preserved. (Nude mod and game event mod.) Considering that was my goal. The folder structure would be identical, so hopefully, if the images baked correctly, they should render ingame.

Nude Plus Cutscene mod.rar 1.28 MB · 6 downloads

Thanks, I'll test it now.

On .aexp - that was my mistake/fast tipping. the right file format is .uexp.

17 minutes ago, NovaRain said:

Thanks, I'll test it now.

On .aexp - that was my mistake/fast tipping. the right file format is .uexp.

seems corrupt data archive...

I found problem with textures after extract, which You convert:

so this is your structure:

Spoiler

712637991_filestructure1.png.77baab072189aeaf15e9ae3c5dd0b19c.png

and this is original:

Spoiler

106141489_filestructure2.png.2d92d690e2745d3fe0b4810324224d2b.png

this is what I mean with .uexp file format & asked to creating files without unreal engine SDK - only via scripts, like from .dds to .uasset.

10 hours ago, NovaRain said:

seems corrupt data archive...

I found problem with textures after extract, which You convert:

so this is your structure:

Hide contents

712637991_filestructure1.png.77baab072189aeaf15e9ae3c5dd0b19c.png

and this is original:

Hide contents

106141489_filestructure2.png.2d92d690e2745d3fe0b4810324224d2b.png

this is what I mean with .uexp file format & asked to creating files without unreal engine SDK - only via scripts, like from .dds to .uasset.

I have the .uexp as well. But the original game files did not have those in the SAOFB-WindowsNoEditor_0.pak folder, What tool are you using to extract them? As I guarantee the files are different sizes then the first screenshot you posted? Likewise, which pak file are you extracting when you changed the origional files?  0, 1, 2, or 3?

Are these working ingame? If not like I said, I can package them with the .uexp. The .uexp is created during the baking process.

EDIT: Unless these aren't working ingame I highly suspect you are using an extracting tool which is corrupting the files. As I can't remember the file size of the files, but I guarantee they weren't 1kb. As evidence by another set of files here :

EDIT2: For clarification, the structure I used was out of SAOFB-WindowsNoEditor_0.pak and it did not have the .uexp. So I'm guessing where I messed up, is maybe you used a different pak file. As UE4 does create both the uasset AND uexp when you cook the files. I merely removed them. Because the pak file that I used to base the mod around, did not have them. My first pak file last night also created the uassets below with the sizes I show below (the example I linked is KRTBG_005.uasset.  So I have no idea what went wrong. As it actually created two sets of the same files. One with the file structure you provided and another with just the Uasset that had the higher file size. So no idea what happened as it did confuse me hence why I kept both sets of files. So I don't know If it was on my end, or you are replacing the files from a different pak file. Plus as I said in another post below, I was a bit tipsy. Either way, I redid the files.

Final Note : I did have to slightly edit my PAK.BMS to extract the game files. As it was saying they were from a different PAK version. Which was yet another weird step I wasn't used to doing. So that could be yet another point where the files might have been messed up. Either way, the files in my followup post are literally just me converting them from DDS to TGA (You have to for Unreal to read them) and then putting them in Unreal Engine and cooking them as is. So these should be PERFECTLY working files.

Capture.JPG

I'm going to include the uexp files as well this time.  These are fresh files, considering I was tipsy last night. So I redid the files. For right now, I'll just leave the files. Not packaged. Tonight when I get home, I'll make another .pak file. But I would greatly appreciate a save file with these files. Meaning a save file right before one game event is triggered. If that's possible. Or if it exists, a way to view those events. (Can't remember if this game has an event viewer.) So I can determine if they are working.

EDIT: Let me know if these work. The only alterations I made to the files was converting them from DDS to TGA in Ifranview. As Unreal Engine 4, at least the method I learned, will not accept DDS. Hopefully that doesn't cause problems. As I'm trying to cook these as cleanly as possible to prevent any potential for failure. That way, we can narrow down any issues in the process if they don't work!

Capture.JPG

Content.rar

1 hour ago, Hakufu1021 said:

I'm going to include the uexp files as well this time.  These are fresh files, considering I was tipsy last night. So I redid the files. For right now, I'll just leave the files. Not packaged. Tonight when I get home, I'll make another .pak file. But I would greatly appreciate a save file with these files. Meaning a save file right before one game event is triggered. If that's possible. Or if it exists, a way to view those events. (Can't remember if this game has an event viewer.) So I can determine if they are working.

EDIT: Let me know if these work. The only alterations I made to the files was converting them from DDS to TGA in Ifranview. As Unreal Engine 4, at least the method I learned, will not accept DDS. Hopefully that doesn't cause problems. As I'm trying to cook these as cleanly as possible to prevent any potential for failure. That way, we can narrow down any issues in the process if they don't work!

Capture.JPG

Content.rar 3.08 MB · 0 downloads

OK, let my try.... and works very well.. THANKS!

Here is stand-alone repack - it can by used with original nude mod variant, which was done by @Spewn

~mod.rar

On extracting I used tool by Gildor - Umodel

1 hour ago, Hakufu1021 said:

EDIT: Let me know if these work. The only alterations I made to the files was converting them from DDS to TGA in Ifranview. As Unreal Engine 4, at least the method I learned, will not accept DDS. Hopefully that doesn't cause problems. As I'm trying to cook these as cleanly as possible to prevent any potential for failure. That way, we can narrow down any issues in the process if they don't work

I was sure UE can used .DDS textures... hmm, But originally my first post contain original .TGA files, later they was converted. ;)

1 hour ago, NovaRain said:

I was sure UE can used .DDS textures... hmm, But originally my first post contain original .TGA files, later they was converted. ;)

It probably can. I'm an absolute noob with UE. But the method I figured out to create these mods, won't allow DDS. (Using the import feature on the content browser.)

Also, so it does work? Sweet! Glad I could help!

4 hours ago, tigers said:

Can both mods be added into one pack?

One pak file? Or one downloadable rar file with the  mods? I'll solve the second question. First question, honestly there's no need. Pick a nude mod (I'd suggest @Spewn's Nude mod variations. As that has different nipple colors, etc. ) in this topic, and use the pak file from @NovaRain That's kind of the point. you can choose your own nude mod plus have these game events.

The rar archive below has both a nude mod and the game event mod. Just drag and drop into the ~mods folder. (Create it)

NudeAndCutsceneMod.rar