Predators The Lost Tribes - Tweaks (UNP/SOS) + UUNP Bodyslide

LOL, beggars can't be choosers, so will gladly wait for your good works and wonders.  September is a great time of year for new things.

It's all good anyway, as the player predator works just fine as is.  Any other work on full SOS would mainly be for the predator NPCs to be better fit (and of course, getting them all in synch makes the most sense), so there is absolutely no rush to make it happen.  Thanks for explaining what to expect if I had stumbled down that path of substituting mesh files into the body mesh directory under the mods.  Sounds like a huge mess just waiting to happen.

Thanks again for your work on these mods, it really is a blast to play, and so far has been headache-free while having nothing but fun.

Best regards and have a great summer,

Raine

On 2/24/2018 at 6:02 AM, Blaze69 said:

... As Gurofiend24 said, there are some followers included in the original mod already. You can find most of them in the trophy room (the lower level of the cylindrical room with the floating glowing orbs) of the Derelict Ship. Not sure if there is any other out in the world, though.

There's one in the last room of the destroyed temple, far west of Solitude (Tichinde).  He's behind the big door in the water room, the one which doesn't open or respond with "the door is barred".  Have to solve the door puzzle to get to him though (jumping is involved).  Lots of good loot in that last small area too.  Follower is a badaz predator warrior, excellent with blades.  Has basic orc dialogue and gives us standing with the orcs (nice bonus feature), and marks our maps with the big orc stronghold.  {be prepared to fight if going in there.  Heavy hostiles alert}.  There is another one in a cage in the courtyard of Northwatch Keep, being held prisoner by the Thalmor (Argor Long Claw - archer).  The mod seems to put tons of extra Thalmor in that keep, so will require a full on raid to free the archer.  Tichinde + Taranis (my pred) + Divine Light (AoE heals from the Forgotten Magic Redone mod) got it done, and what a nice surprise to find that archer after a long, hard fight.  Tichinde talked smack to the Thalmor for the whole fight.  So cool that, lol.

My question though, is anybody else having issues with iAFT and adding predator followers?  Having sex with one seems to cause a CTD.  Have tried messing around with load order, and such, to no avail.  Can still sex the wild predators with no issues though (now running UUNP-7BB(special) so the huntresses are hotties, in only a way a predator mother could love, lol), it's only predator followers who cause issues (run lots of SSX rules/events, so the followers get pulled into the random sex events and Boom! Boom! Out go the lights following final orgasm.  The sex acts themselves are fine, it's the finish that's the problem (have 'separate orgasms' and 'after orgasm affects' both set ON in Sexlab).  Also run the Predator Sounds and Shouts mod, but have tried both with and without that mod, and predator followers still cause CTDs at the conclusion of sex acts they participate in  {it's in that pause right before they redress where it explodes.  Don't hear the inventory "click" signaling redress has happened}.

Have no problem ditching followers permanently as I've never cared for the Skyrim follower system at all.  One monumental PITA after another, from my past experiences.  Besides, Taranis has no time for followers, he's too busy getting busy and having fun to invest the next 12 hours figuring out the funky follower systems in regards to predators, lol. 

9 hours ago, HardRaine said:

[...]

I can't think of any reason for that to happen. All Yautja NPCs use the vanilla follower system (and that's why they all use vanilla voices instead of the "predator clicking" ones), so they should work fine with any follower system mod that is meant to work with any vanilla follower out of the box. Which is... pretty much all of them, I think.

No idea on the SL issue either.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

I can't think of any reason for that to happen. All Yautja NPCs use the vanilla follower system (and that's why they all use vanilla voices instead of the "predator clicking" ones), so they should work fine with any follower system mod that is meant to work with any vanilla follower out of the box. Which is... pretty much all of them, I think.

No idea on the SL issue either.

Roland says this on his main Nexus mod page for P:TLT -

Followers NPCs - Yautja followers are a little buggy. Be warned. It's easy for Mod conflicts to occur with these guys.They can't walk into the Derelict ship or Destroyed Xeno Temple. (still working on that bug) When you exit these spaces - they'll be gone until you fast travel - they'll be back and by your side. Be warned. They can get really buggy if you're running a 3rd party mod that heavily modifies vanilla Skyrim follower/NPC behavior. They might not want to dismiss. So you'll have to experiment with them if you're not sure to see how it handles for you. I wasn't doing to do this follower stuff - but fans requested it so I relented and put it out for better or for worse.

For predator followers to get a wild hair just because of geographic location, says something is wonky in general with their construction.

The Weird Gets Weirder

Spoiler

Pretty sure, in my case though, it's just some weird combination of mods I'm using causing this.  It gets even worse when I use the "you're dismissed, but wait here" iAFT option.  Then, if they get pulled in on an event, the CTD happens before any acts actually start.   I captured one of the Sin7 bosses up in the glaciers, and brought her back to the Whiterun Beastess Cave, dismissed the 2 followers (as above), and played with her for awhile before killing her (stripped her armor while in the tied up position, opening up several SSX rules related to nakedness).  Anytime, the 2 waiting followers tried to jump her naked bones, and sex her (under SSX rules), BOOM! And before getting remotely close to starting a sex act on her.  The different negative behaviors dependent on current follower state points the finger right at predator follower construction (given the fuzzy logic on reactions based on follower state.  A hard conflict seemingly would blow at the same point each time).  Playing nice means figuring out how not to cause the wild hair to surface through mod content/order, I believe.

Cause and Effect

Spoiler

For what it's worth, every since I recruited Tchinde in the Destroyed Temple, I've come across several other glitches, all of which were cured through load order adjustments, except this one (which weren't happening before the recruitment).  Something about followers in general, in my load order, is causing irregularities.  Currently running everything (except known exceptions) under the LOOT sorted order, which helped with new issues surfacing around any of the Vision skills (Heat and Predator Vision both lost effectiveness at night after recruiting the 1st follower.  Going back to the pure LOOT sort order stopped those issues, but had to make known adjustments for other unrelated mods).  Heartbreaker stopped working for a bit too, but sorted that out by putting it after Defeat (contradicts Violens load order which must go before Defeat.  HB by same author as VL, using same mechanics.  So, it's on my watchlist now) and Hunterborn in the load order (each add options on the Activation key ("E") from sneak, and HB gets overwritten if Hunterborn goes after HB.  All fairness, that one was LOOT voodoo.  Once stable, a bashed patch will reconcile things like that).

Will run some tests for a couple of hours with the 2 followers stashed in one of the Beastess Caves, and see what happens before starting the tear down, build back up process to identify the offending mod combination.  Gut feeling says this is a weird mod combo fault, which is triggering the wild hair built into predator followers.  Have run iAFT over 12 MO profiles and never seen anything remotely close to this CTD issue, and most of my profiles are advanced builds, with several script heavy mods in each.  A bashed patch will help with this, but I want at least a stable build before going down that route (given the time consumption for rebuilding patches due to modifying the build looking for stability).

If I find a positive solution, should I report on it here for any others experiencing similar issues?

28 minutes ago, HardRaine said:

Roland says this on his main Nexus mod page for P:TLT -

Followers NPCs - Yautja followers are a little buggy. Be warned. It's easy for Mod conflicts to occur with these guys.They can't walk into the Derelict ship or Destroyed Xeno Temple. (still working on that bug) When you exit these spaces - they'll be gone until you fast travel - they'll be back and by your side. Be warned. They can get really buggy if you're running a 3rd party mod that heavily modifies vanilla Skyrim follower/NPC behavior. They might not want to dismiss. So you'll have to experiment with them if you're not sure to see how it handles for you. I wasn't doing to do this follower stuff - but fans requested it so I relented and put it out for better or for worse.

For predator followers to get a wild hair just because of geographic location, says something is wonky in general with their construction.

To be honest, Roland made some questionable edits when setting up the mod and the NPCs. Most notably redirecting/editing standard vanilla dialogues to work on the Yautja NPCs and including duplicate records to replace the missing vanilla lines. Also plenty of dirty and deleted vanilla records. That's bad. Like, really bad.

In his defense, though, most of it was due to the CK being a broken piece of crap (that can break a plugin even if you save it after loading with no edits at all) and lack of deep knowledge on how Skyrim mods should be created, so it wasn't really his fault. Still, now that those errors are known, it would be a good idea to clean the plugin once and for all so any further versions of the mod don't need to be fixed by someone else (aka me); but seems like Roland hasn't thought about it, so woe is me.

About the locations issues,I'm pretty sure those happen with any NPC period (even vanilla followers) and are due to NavMesh/pathing bugs in the first place. For example placing the Derelict Ship entrance very close to deep water and without proper navmeshes on the bridge that leads to it, which IIRC was one of the things that prevented NPCs from getting to the door (and thus going through the cell transition).

28 minutes ago, HardRaine said:

If I find a positive solution, should I report on it here for any others experiencing similar issues?

Yes, that should help.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, PavorNocturn said:

Is there a chance this mod will get redone for Skyrim SE with CBBE?

Not by me.

Note that I have no interest in continuing development for this mod, so this is provided as-is and no further support will be provided outside of basic troubleshooting. If anyone else wants to edit or use the assets in here, feel free to do so provided you give credit and have the required permissions from the corresponding mod authors.

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody interested, and as per my notice in the mod description, an update for the latest version of Predators (V115A) is currently in the works, but I can't give any specific ETA so far. It will be done when it's done.

What I can say so far is that I will probably be adding RaceCompatibility support for vampirism/lycanthropy, as Roland added (currently unused) vampire variants of the races in the update, so I can use those as a base. Likewise, there are a handful of things I want to test out for future mods (like creating a custom crime faction for a new tribe/settlement/population) that I may use this file as a test for, so if those work out there may be some further additions/expansions to the mod (mainly the Derelict Ship and its friendly Yautja tribe so far). But nothing for sure yet.

22 minutes ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

This is nothing for me to play in Skyrim but I wanted to note how amazingly good your predator model looks. It has the same wicked look like in the original Predator. Amazing truly.

Thank you for the nice words!

Though I have to say most of the praise should go to Roland (the author of the original mod). He created the awesome skins and assets in the first place, all I can really take credit for is the female torso textures (which are a blend of Roland's original ones with Fair Skin and my own touches added in) and the genital textures for both genders. Everything else is pretty much as Roland created it, with only minor edits at most.

Okay, update is out.

All the info on changes and additions is in the description, so make sure to check it out if you are interested. Do note that I only did minor testing this time around, so while everything seems to be working as intended, I may have missed some bugs/errors/missing files. If you come across any such issues, make sure to let me know.

PS: I've had some success in creating UUNP slidersets for the female armors and in streamlining the process of doing so (many items share the same base meshes and are simply retextures/removed pieces). So, while by no means guaranteed to happen, there's a slight chance I may release a file that adds UUNP Bodyslide support for the female armors in the mod. More on it as it happens.

3 minutes ago, IGotBored said:

+1 for the uunp, no pressure though 

Most of the work is done already, all that's left is converting the "vest" and "half vest" chest pieces and setting up the slidersets for them. The amount of actual armor sets is lower than it seems, and many of them are simply retextures of other ones (all Duranium/Dark sets are the same meshes as the normal ones but with darker textures on the armor plates, for example), so that speeds things up.

Shouldn't take me long to get the missing ones done and post the whole set, but no promises.

UUNP Bodyslide support is out. As always, make sure to read the description to see what's new.

I should mention that I had to edit the main Tweaks plugin to fix some bugs that came up while creating the UUNP sets, so you need to install the main file first and then overwrite with the contents of the UUNP Bodyslide download.

5 hours ago, Tex said:

I don't suppose you intend to add HDT support to the clothing? Would love to see them scale with the body.

Nope, sorry. Too much work, the way meshes are set up would probably cause clipping with very minimal scaling (or even with no scaling at all, depending on which HDT preset you use), and I don't like seeing metal plates bouncing around like jello anyway.

4 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Nope, sorry. Too much work, the way meshes are set up would probably cause clipping with very minimal scaling (or even with no scaling at all, depending on which HDT preset you use), and I don't like seeing metal plates bouncing around like jello anyway.

Understandable, perhaps I will learn how to do it, and try my own luck, thanks for response. ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

Would someone please patch this for V115D? If using the new Predators mod at Nexus and this, the new biomasks are invisible.

Does V115D actually include new items? I thought all it did was fix some bugs here and there, like the debug Xenos left in Whiterun (which I missed as well in my "patched" version of V115A).

In any case, I don't think I'll be updating this myself anytime soon. Shouldn't be too hard to fix it yourself, though; just open the plugin in xEdit, find all the new mask ArmorAddons, and add "DefaultRace" to the compatible races list of the AAs.

Do these biomasks look familiar or no? 

Ahab, Chopper, Commando, Cyborg, Falconeer, Proto Xeno, Queen and Serpent.

Edit: If anybody else is curious, see Items->ArmorAddon->YautjaBioMask[name] edit and [Ctrl]+click defaultrace in the CK for each.

2nd edit: And that nerfed my start menu :classic_blink: Looks like I'm sticking with unchecking Tweaks.esp