SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

14 hours ago, IntoRubber said:

My SKSE seems to have stopped working. Each time I use it, I get the little dialog as shown here. No matter what I do, I always get that dialog. Not sure what changed, since this always worked before.

image.png.e2c73a0f76c8592c3e63fc5eb729b176.png

This is not a support thread, you are not supposed to ask for help here. You should create a topic in the tech support section.
Anyway, what you describe usually happens to ppl who forget to run the game at least once after (re)installing it, via the launcher without SKSE - if this answer didn't help, do not reply to me here, but make a topic in the tech support section as mentioned above.

Does anyone know what the Changelog is for the new XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - XPMSSE version 4.81 updated on August 17th 2022??.

NVM- The changelog is posted today, wasn't yesterday. Dunno what NiBillboardNode 'CamSpin' does.

• Version 4.81

• (2022-08-17)
      - Added NiBillboardNode 'CamSpin'
Edited by Vortec
On 8/18/2022 at 9:06 AM, Vortec said:

Does anyone know what the Changelog is for the new XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - XPMSSE version 4.81 updated on August 17th 2022??.

NVM- The changelog is posted today, wasn't yesterday. Dunno what NiBillboardNode 'CamSpin' does.

• Version 4.81

• (2022-08-17)
      - Added NiBillboardNode 'CamSpin'

Lo and behold, why it's a dumb idea to lock the comments for your mod...

From what bashing my head into the DuckDuckGo search, it's a new Skeleton node dedicated to determining the camera spin (idle cam, probably)

I would ask on the mod page but they locked it and have yet to elaborate on what this actually changes.

Edited by VeraDra
.., -> ...
On 8/28/2022 at 6:20 AM, tasairis said:

Sorry about the lack of updates this month. Life sucks. Going to start sucking less now, kinda. Will have an update in a week.

no worries take all the time u need i bet everyone will understand and merci for all the love and time u put into the monthly updates ?

On 8/27/2022 at 10:20 PM, tasairis said:

Sorry about the lack of updates this month. Life sucks. Going to start sucking less now, kinda. Will have an update in a week.

You owe us nothing.

We owe you much.

Take all the time, stop entirely, appreciate all you have done.

ok so i'm trying to do a conversion of my vr save to an sse save and i think i'e done everything right but i clearly haven't i'm having a n issue where it says creature framework is downgraded things will be broken ( i haven't changed that framework at all) and i'm getting an issue where it says that it's initializing and to wait up to two minutes but i've waited an hour and it's still says it's initializing

Going back to regular updates now so they'll be smaller but more frequent.

Looking into revamping the list again. Idea is to list all Skyrim mods, LE and SE, and with notes for both sides of that. That means including "SE-only" mods and noting compatibility with Skyrim LE, which I don't do now*. It would probably mean completely changing how the list is presented too, like maybe little popups for notes instead of inline text, although that would mean significantly increasing the post size.

On that last note, I'm going to (re)consider hosting the bulk of the list off-site and instead summarizing information in that first post instead. It would allow me a longer term goal of setting up more automation such that I could have the list updating parts of itself and give me more time to focus on the nuanced investigative stuff. Would also mean I could do fancier things without being limited** by the forum. Don't know yet.

* Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

** Technically I'm not limited by the forum but by my willingness to abuse my Contributor powers.

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Sep 6 #7316)

I'm using ASLAL vesion 4.1.4 from Nexus for Skyrim SE

I don't know if AE uses a different version but Arthmoor mentions in a sticky post that more up to date version are not available on Nexus

Quote from Nexus :-

"14 November 2021, 1:10AM

This mod has updates, but due to ongoing Nexus policy decisions, no further updates to this mod will be uploaded here.

You will need to obtain the updates from one of the listed mirror sites. Especially if you're running into problems trying to use the mod with the Skyrim 1.6 updates."
7 minutes ago, Fredfish said:

I'm using ASLAL vesion 4.1.4 from Nexus for Skyrim SE

I don't know if AE uses a different version but Arthmoor mentions in a sticky post that more up to date version are not available on Nexus

Quote from Nexus :-

"14 November 2021, 1:10AM

This mod has updates, but due to ongoing Nexus policy decisions, no further updates to this mod will be uploaded here.

You will need to obtain the updates from one of the listed mirror sites. Especially if you're running into problems trying to use the mod with the Skyrim 1.6 updates."

I'm on AE. I tested it with 1.4, 1.7 and 2 and I'm running out of ideas now... 

3 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

I'm setting up Skyrim on a clean new OS(Win 10). I have problems with Alternate Start. It is not starting. No mods in the loadorder except FNIS, Unofficial patches, SkyUI. Everything is clean. What is the actzal Version and can someone share it?

I've been using the version from nexus (4.1.4) on AE and it works fine for me. I doubt using a newer version will help - problem is likely to be something else. I think this is the latest version though: https://www.moddb.com/mods/alternate-start-live-another-life/downloads/alternate-start-live-another-life

2 hours ago, Yinkle said:

I've been using the version from nexus (4.1.4) on AE and it works fine for me. I doubt using a newer version will help - problem is likely to be something else. I think this is the latest version though: https://www.moddb.com/mods/alternate-start-live-another-life/downloads/alternate-start-live-another-life

It is somehow solved... Now I have to setup another Skyrim for modding an another computer...

i'm having a n issue where it says creature framework is downgraded things will be broken ( i haven't changed that framework at all) and i'm getting an issue where it says that it's initializing and to wait up to two minutes but i've waited an hour and it's still says it's initializing

7 hours ago, Kohvalii said:

i'm having a n issue where it says creature framework is downgraded things will be broken ( i haven't changed that framework at all) and i'm getting an issue where it says that it's initializing and to wait up to two minutes but i've waited an hour and it's still says it's initializing

Something is likely overwriting CF (or More Nasty Creatures which contains CF)

If you're using MO2 or some other mod manager it should be easy to check.

You have installed the right version for your Skyrim? If I remember there are different versions for Oldrim and SE

Edited by Fredfish

Note that OsmelMC released an updated version of SLAL. Check the mod page and the first few posts of the support thread for more information, but basically it has a few improvements, and you should be safe to install that over SLAL SE without needing a new game.

Edited by tasairis
hdt test skirts is a no, not a yes
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Sep 11 #7326)