SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

13 hours ago, Guineaux said:

well, I managed to convert it, but the hdt physics doesn't work ... and even with a crystal ball I can’t understand how to convert to smp !!! but the problem there is not the ball but it's me ...

?

There used to be a guide to convert meshes to HDT-SMP, but the thread disappeared a long time ago.

If you're using CBPC too then you might be better off rebuilding it on a physics body in BodySlide, which would require setting that up first if the mod didn't come with the necessary files already.

13 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

I didn't actually 'fix' textures, they were just missing partly from the archive so ran the source through CAO.

It sounded like there were problems with the included textures, though. Was that a separate problem?

hi is there SE version for queen miraak?  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70364 some mods i get require queen miraak SE version but their source page down alr. :(

Although not the same here is a female version of Miraak:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6835

Miraak:  Dragonborn Follower:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19829

Also here is a compatibility patch for the 2 mods I posted above:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19947

It sounded like there were problems with the included textures, though. Was that a separate problem?

Installation procedure for the LE version is: 'grab meshes and textures from both source mods so that the authors get downloads on nexus'

For SE @Aequus put up a version with converted meshes but no source textures to force people to download from nexus again didn't realizing that SE needs textures converted too.

I only checked the nifs in the SE archive to see where they point. One source mod points to vanilla path textures and works as is but the other one needed his own. I couldn't find a SE version for that Source on nexus so I ran the missing textures through CAO myself. And made sure to put them in a compression format least likely to cause issues because I spent a couple days converting various estrus texture replacers learning the hard way that most of them crash anyway and only a few work out only with bc1 compression.

Although not the same here is a female version of Miraak:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6835

Miraak:  Dragonborn Follower:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19829

Also here is a compatibility patch for the 2 mods I posted above:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19947

thanks for  help but i need port version :) since my mod require the LE mod ported but their source page down alr

@tasairis Is shameless self-advertisement allowed? :D

For two reasons: one, the conversion of ScocLB, which already is mentioned in the list, is a full conversion including the base files, not only the textures.

And two: I've created my first own mod not too long ago, which is available for both, LE and SE (SE link): https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/14694-devious-mimic-clothing-se/

It would be awesome, if it would get listed eventually, too ?

this needs clarifying as its confusing.  which dll? ther is no HH.dlll and such
image.png.06b32c8d3d1cbf93ccd52c66b2ba559a.png

I'll rearrange that, but it means to get only the HH DLL from the HDT-HH mod (it also has files for the full framework) and to get the rest of the HDT framework from the HDT-SMP mod instead.

Hmm. Seems quoting is a bit buggy.

For two reasons: one, the conversion of ScocLB, which already is mentioned in the list, is a full conversion including the base files, not only the textures.

"Conversion"? I'm linking to an LE page. Is there an SE version somewhere?

And two: I've created my first own mod not too long ago, which is available for both, LE and SE (SE link): https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/14694-devious-mimic-clothing-se/

I actually did see that pop up, but I tend not to (read: inconsistently) include new mods in the list. Especially if the LE and SE versions link to each other.

I might reconsider that. It's a bit of a pain to try to figure out some particular rule around that. Maybe it would be easier if the criteria was simply "has an LE download"... I mean, that's one obvious way the list would be used, right? Someone on LE checks their list of mods against this list to see what's available and what isn't. This thread probably comes before the personal voyage of discovery for ported mods, not towards the end when someone hits a dead-end.

Installation procedure for the LE version is: 'grab meshes and textures from both source mods so that the authors get downloads on nexus'

For SE @Aequus put up a version with converted meshes but no source textures to force people to download from nexus again didn't realizing that SE needs textures converted too.

I only checked the nifs in the SE archive to see where they point. One source mod points to vanilla path textures and works as is but the other one needed his own. I couldn't find a SE version for that Source on nexus so I ran the missing textures through CAO myself. And made sure to put them in a compression format least likely to cause issues because I spent a couple days converting various estrus texture replacers learning the hard way that most of them crash anyway and only a few work out only with bc1 compression.

*sigh* That nexus policy keeps giving me headaches... Not SE user myself and I didn't knew all the details, so thanks. It sounds like I need to make a standalone SLAL package for SE after all. Hope the original creator from nexus won't get mad.

Edit: unploaded a standalone version of SE pack. Please let me know if BC7 compressed textures are working good or not.

I actually did see that pop up, but I tend not to (read: inconsistently) include new mods in the list. Especially if the LE and SE versions link to each other.

I might reconsider that. It's a bit of a pain to try to figure out some particular rule around that. Maybe it would be easier if the criteria was simply "has an LE download"... I mean, that's one obvious way the list would be used, right? Someone on LE checks their list of mods against this list to see what's available and what isn't. This thread probably comes before the personal voyage of discovery for ported mods, not towards the end when someone hits a dead-end.

maybe have something in place where, if any new mods like this, having someone confirm that it is working, would help you and help that mod make the list faster ?

6 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

maybe have something in place where, if any new mods like this, having someone confirm that it is working, would help you and help that mod make the list faster ?

Actually I used to do that, but for many of the less popular mods I would never get confirmation. Lots of them are still like that.

What happens most of the time now is that someone points out a mod and also mentions whether it works, or I see an LE page updated/SE download created and so I already have the answer. Otherwise I will try to quickly check what's in a mod and then presumptively list it as convertable (simple mod) or unknown (not simple).

Has anyone gotten Version 1.3 of RRC's Marie Rose working in SE? I've use CAO (just blows up), SSENO (both with and without "Head Parts Only" checked), and replaced the RACE record reference to the extraneous custom skeleton with the path to the default (XPMSSE) skeleton, but it still crashes on cell entry. Converting the head mesh only with SSENO produces a working head, but with lines coming out when the mouth animates.

The Naver bypass is available in post 

19 hours ago, ChaosTheorist said:

Has anyone gotten Version 1.3 of RRC's Marie Rose working in SE? I've use CAO (just blows up), SSENO (both with and without "Head Parts Only" checked), and replaced the RACE record reference to the extraneous custom skeleton with the path to the default (XPMSSE) skeleton, but it still crashes on cell entry. Converting the head mesh only with SSENO produces a working head, but with lines coming out when the mouth animates.

The Naver bypass is available in post 

This looks like it needs more than just a simple conversion once I translated the page. The hair looks like it is HDT PE. You'd need to remove the HDT string in the nif at least, and/or change the hair around to a different static or SMP hair. CAO  and NifOptimizer can't convert from HDT PE to HDT SMP - that is still very much a manual process.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:55 PM, zarantha said:

This looks like it needs more than just a simple conversion once I translated the page. The hair looks like it is HDT PE. You'd need to remove the HDT string in the nif at least, and/or change the hair around to a different static or SMP hair. CAO  and NifOptimizer can't convert from HDT PE to HDT SMP - that is still very much a manual process.

Well, the wig shown would like to be HDT-PE, but there are no XMLs in the mod. Which is fine, because Yundao has the Marie Rose long-twin-ponytail SMP hair for SE. Since it's a wig in her inventory, it wouldn't (I think) cause the game to crash even if it were 'live' HDT-PE. Her facegen hair is stock KS Hairdo's 'Fingertips', as shown briefly in the first video between 0:19 and 0:29.

Plus, as stated, running the facegen NIF through SSENO produces a working-but-with-artifacts head. Though that also isn't necessary, because the 1.0.2 version of the mod uses the same head (the files are bit-identical), and it works fine in SE.

So, the problem is something other than the head, but I haven't figured out what.

Neither the pink jogging-suit outfit shown in the image and the second video nor the...less constricting...one shown in the first video are in the mod. I'd guess that the Korean text on the page might point to their origin, but I don't read Korean and, since the body of the page is scripted, the text isn't really there to copy into Google Translate. How did you manage to translate the page?

20 hours ago, ChaosTheorist said:

Well, the wig shown would like to be HDT-PE, but there are no XMLs in the mod. Which is fine, because Yundao has the Marie Rose long-twin-ponytail SMP hair for SE. Since it's a wig in her inventory, it wouldn't (I think) cause the game to crash even if it were 'live' HDT-PE. Her facegen hair is stock KS Hairdo's 'Fingertips', as shown briefly in the first video between 0:19 and 0:29.

Plus, as stated, running the facegen NIF through SSENO produces a working-but-with-artifacts head. Though that also isn't necessary, because the 1.0.2 version of the mod uses the same head (the files are bit-identical), and it works fine in SE.

So, the problem is something other than the head, but I haven't figured out what.

Neither the pink jogging-suit outfit shown in the image and the second video nor the...less constricting...one shown in the first video are in the mod. I'd guess that the Korean text on the page might point to their origin, but I don't read Korean and, since the body of the page is scripted, the text isn't really there to copy into Google Translate. How did you manage to translate the page?

I've seen HDT PE meshes cause CTDs even when there is no usable SMP xml (the DD prisoner chains are famous for it), so I do think it is the hair. Just because it can't use SMP doesn't mean it's not doing something else illegal in SE. If the hair mentioned there is a wig, and the wig is not equipped, it shouldn't be a problem though. The way it read to me was that it was an actual hair, not a wig. You could verify what hair is in use in the CK or xedit, it can be different from what's in the nif - i'd expect blackface in that case, but with the artifacts that might be hard to tell.

And if you're getting artifacts with the head after optimization, there's still an issue with it and I wouldn't call that working. You might take a look at the facegen texture sizes and make sure they're evenly divisible, that can also cause issues.

I looked at the page in google chrome, which automatically translated it.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:27 PM, zarantha said:

I've seen HDT PE meshes cause CTDs even when there is no usable SMP xml (the DD prisoner chains are famous for it), so I do think it is the hair. Just because it can't use SMP doesn't mean it's not doing something else illegal in SE. If the hair mentioned there is a wig, and the wig is not equipped, it shouldn't be a problem though. The way it read to me was that it was an actual hair, not a wig. You could verify what hair is in use in the CK or xedit, it can be different from what's in the nif - i'd expect blackface in that case, but with the artifacts that might be hard to tell.

Thanks. As I said,

Since it's a wig in her inventory, it wouldn't (I think) cause the game to crash even if it were 'live' HDT-PE. Her facegen hair is stock KS Hairdo's 'Fingertips'

So I'm pretty sure it isn't the hair.

To verify, I removed the wig from her 'Items'. Then, for completely-unnecessary maximum overkill, deleted the ARMO record from the ESP. And the ARMA record. And deleted 'MarieHair.nif' from the mod. Still crashes at cell entry. So, yeah, I'm very sure the problem isn't the hair.

The hair also isn't what causes CAO to blow up. With the hair deleted (and the body meshes replaced by their UNP SSE equivalents), CAO still disappears shortly after starting to 'Run'.

Still working on it....