SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

So it's funny you all mention stuff needing JContainers because I just rewrote how I handle mod dependencies, and it gives me the ability to go into more detail than just SKSE or Address Library. Like I can flag SLAL and MNC as needing JContainers and have those show as red (until JContainers updates). Still tweaking the looks of it, like it's not fair to say SLAL/CF are necessarily broken, but at least the idea is happening.

Edited by tasairis
CF not MNC
41 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Well, Skyrim has been updated, too....

We are at 1.6.323 now....

typical...

EDIT: *snort* Reading the responses of the update on Steam is quite entertaining,

Anyway, for people thinking of updating AE: DON'T!! Apparently the update will cause black screens and instant crashes.

Edited by Vachnic
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Nov 20 #6648) - New SE patch, SKSE is pending, but SexLab 1.64 released

Little entertainment to bridge the gap 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/eventcomments/3199240042207656000?snr=2_9_100000_&ctp=9

Need to explain what I think.

Every serious software company, developer or what you might call it have at leat 2 versions available.

Latest release WIP for the early birds and volunteers.

Latest stable version.

If one does not follow this, in my eyes he/she does just the same thing as this famous company, force the users to upgrade.

Edited by Tlam99
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Nov 20 #6648) - New SE patch, SKSE is updated, SexLab 1.64 released

That brings us back to where we were yesterday: SKSE and Address Library are good, which leaves most mods with having to (a) update to using SKSE 2.1 and/or (b) switch back to using Address Library, which some had moved away from in order to get a working version out sooner.

2 hours ago, dovahnurse said:

I literally just got back into playing form, and then they update it again. Ah lord when will the gift of Anniversary Edition stop giving?

Soon™*

*Soon™: Copyright pending 2004-2021 Todd Howard is Trolling You. All rights reserved. "Soon™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Todd Howard is Trolling You and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Todd Howard is Trolling You does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Todd Howard is Trolling You will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Just noticed this on the comment section of PrivateProfileRedirector:

I am assuming that since this mod requires SSE Engine Fixes which in turn requires Address Library for SKSE Plugins that it will not work with the new Skyrim AE Update.

Answers from Karandra (mod creator):

It will, you only need "Part 2" file from Engine Fixes which doesn't require SKSE and/or Address Library and works for AE just fine.

It's because PPR doesn't hook any game-specific data, only the WinAPI functions the game uses. It can use SKSE, if it's present and the version is compatible, to catch some in-game events to save files more frequently or for other non essential things. That's it.

So... PPR *should* already be compatible. I can't test it, since when I loaded Steam earlier, it updated to AE (while having it set up to "only when I launch...) and I can't be arsed to revert right now. So if anyone is using PPR and it works with the latest AE, let us know?

55 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

So... PPR *should* already be compatible. I can't test it, since when I loaded Steam earlier, it updated to AE (while having it set up to "only when I launch...) and I can't be arsed to revert right now. So if anyone is using PPR and it works with the latest AE, let us know?

Oh, damn! I hadn't even heard of this mod until now.

It seems to launch no problem. I don't know that it launched the game any faster though than before though.

The game definitely launched quicker. It works just fine.

Edited by dovahnurse
totally worked.