I made a drawing

theposhmudcrab

• 1 month later...

I have considered to turn this thread into a place where i will post everything i create, that means not just drawings, other art works will go in here as well. I have been working on two writing projects one is an original story the other is a fan-fiction. The original story will feature its own art work. The fan-fiction will have text and screenshots(taken in-game) that will go together, so far the fan-fiction looks like it is going to be finished first.

• 3 weeks later...

Every now and then I remember that I spent a Nigerian prince's fortune on a wacom tablet and I should probably do somethin' with it. So I dig it out, get rid of the dust and moths and try recapture the talents I had in my youth. Inevitably I fail miserably at this so I git frustrated, stuff it back in the attic and wind up wi' a folder full o' unfinished junk xD

Make's me envious o' you folks that still got it.

Syff.jpgUntitled-2.png

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could draw. The only art form I'm any good at is writing and even that requires dozens of edits, revisions, and clean-ups before I feel comfortable releasing it. Not here, largely because I stuff based in the (pre-4th edition) Shadowrun RPG world. And the ol' muse hasn't been with me lately.

5 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Not here, largely because I stuff based in the (pre-4th edition) Shadowrun RPG world. And the ol' muse hasn't been with me lately.

I should like Shadowrun, I should really really like shadowrun. I WANT to like shadowrun. it's got that right mix of bladerunner meets tolkien that should be rig't up my alley.

But it's contant use of made up swear words boggled my mind no end. "My chummer fragging fraged that drekking drokhead tusker, it was wiz!!" ...Yeaaaa, again in english pls? It was the sort of rpg where I had to look at the glossary every ten minutes just to see what the fuck that orc was just saying rather than because I need to know what dice I need to roll to plug my decker's brain into Nightrider and finally make sweet love to Kit >:D.

Still, yer should post it somewhere, I'd gi' it a read :tongue:

1 hour ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

Still, yer should post it somewhere, I'd gi' it a read :tongue:

That I should...if I ever write something I feel comfortable posting. Given my tastes, and this site, it would be something more in the erotic range.

Oh, and I happen to like the slang. That was one of the major reasons I hated SR4; they got rid of the slang. It wasn't a replacement for real cursing, either. If characters used the real words in novels, for example, it just meant that much more. And don't take the video games (except the Sega Genesis version) as being too terribly accurate. I could go into the logic flaws that even the newer games on Steam have, but that would take too much time and it's off-topic here.

7 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I wish I could draw. The only art form I'm any good at is writing and even that requires dozens of edits, revisions, and clean-ups before I feel comfortable releasing it. Not here, largely because I stuff based in the (pre-4th edition) Shadowrun RPG world. And the ol' muse hasn't been with me lately.

Never too late to learn like anything worthwhile it takes alot of time and effort and you're not always going to be in the mood but have to push yourself to do it anyway I assume its the same for any artform.

18 minutes ago, Risamei said:

Never too late to learn like anything worthwhile it takes alot of time and effort and you're not always going to be in the mood but have to push yourself to do it anyway I assume its the same for any artform.

Let me put is this way. I can't draw stick figures with a ruler. Plus drawing is a skill I struggled with throughout my school years, including those damned mandatory "art" credits for high school graduation. I don't have an eye for things like proportion, scale, shape, size...basically everything that a visual artist needs. :classic_tongue:

Nor am I that interested in drawing. I'll stick to painting pictures with words, thank you.

28 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Let me put is this way. I can't draw stick figures with a ruler. Plus drawing is a skill I struggled with throughout my school years, including those damned mandatory "art" credits for high school graduation. I don't have an eye for things like proportion, scale, shape, size...basically everything that a visual artist needs. :classic_tongue:

Nor am I that interested in drawing. I'll stick to painting pictures with words, thank you.

Its easy to say you dont' have what it takes as a means to make it acceptable for you to give up, but you train two skills while developing as an artist your eye and your hand which can both be trained with time some people just naturally can get there faster than others but with time and practice almost anyone can get there. But if you're not interested that fine ^^ I completely understand that, and being a writer is a great creative outlet its always good to be in a postion where you're able to create i think its good for the soul :smiley:

Whut Risamei said, my hands are..errhms, "Wobbley", from a decade or so o' some serious alcohol abuse, takes a glass o' rum just to calm them into drawing a smooth line. But bugger it, if'n I can learn it any bugger can.

Whilst Imma at it, found more old bollocks from the vaults. Old stuff from back when Warcraft was still a thing and Blizzard hadn't sold it's soul. Unfinished naturally, because leaving stuff half done was my trademark as an artist xD.

pNdpGWf.jpg

And the inked version I ne'er finished either, though inks an' colours were never a thing I was any bloody good at anyways. :3

QuJTWRY.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2018 at 7:06 PM, The First Lady of Hats said:

I should like Shadowrun, I should really really like shadowrun. I WANT to like shadowrun. it's got that right mix of bladerunner meets tolkien that should be rig't up my alley.

But it's contant use of made up swear words boggled my mind no end. "My chummer fragging fraged that drekking drokhead tusker, it was wiz!!"

Delayed response, but...I know the slang and that sentence made no sense to me until I read it a few times. Even then it sounds stilted. Translated loosely, "My friend fucked that shithead ork, it was cool!!"

The slang, properly used, is pretty easy to understand. Unfortunately a lot of video games and writers don't use it properly or provide any frame of reference. Plus the real words are sometimes used as well when emphasis is needed, which can be further confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

These are things I made with Source filmmmaker and photoshop sometime ago, straight from my DeviantArt profile. I don't have much time to sit down and do drawings, because I come home later and more tired than usual. So I am just going to share older things I made.

Spoiler

1f7_by_avptm-dbniaey.thumb.png.f7aba45b57271a24a3b9d1a79d361134.png1497blavb_by_avptm-dc8mlg2.thumb.png.c98b1c896bddd786a61754adfbc4dbe1.pnglost_in_a_forest_by_avptm-dcc1z5r.thumb.jpg.d2f64f826e3034f9f1a50606c976422c.jpgmax_and_chloe_by_avptm-dc3juw5.thumb.png.fc22c6881b677cbeaaa9376bc0fbddb1.pnguntitled_9_by_avptm-dc3g0zm.thumb.png.5d044387ed19a9006684a8a3c987ccc0.pnguntitled_10_by_avptm-dc8te1i.thumb.png.cb1affdaa3daaddd947a5165967229e0.pngvortex_club_by_avptm-dc5dqzn.thumb.png.cda703855f5a2ca419c76e42a45af7be.pnguntitled_8_by_avptm-dbnglv5.png.e49f7aa01b35cb3c3211435604000efc.png

Archived