Tyq'ra the Xivilai Follower

Tyq'ra the Xivilai Follower

View File

I decided to release the open beta (and quite functional) version of Tyq’ra the Xivilai follower.

I am still looking for a modder who can add a short quest to this mod in order to give Tyq’ra a background story (I have a scenario ready), but also to make things more interesting for the player – to give the player who meets the Xivilai a “Witcher style” choice between a lesser and a greater evil.

If someone is interested, please, send me a message.

Important:

Anyway I am going to continue to work on this mod in order to add more unique features. Most probably further updates will require to uninstall this version and make a clean save. So it is unrecommended to merge this beta version into any compilation of follower mods.

Description:

For now it is a simple follower mod based on the preset of one my characters.

She is a Xivilai warrior with custom weapon and outfit. Tyq’ra lost her usual Xivilai outfit when she was banned from her daedric realm for disobedience. So he had to find something suitable in Skyrim.

Her combat style is that of the Xivilai warriors. She conjures a clannfear, casts destruction (fire and lightning) spells with the left hand and wields a two-handed sword in the right hand. She has the Xivilai resistances and weaknesses.

Tyq’ra can be found west of Riverwood (not far from the settlement).

Updates:

1) Ok. First small update. Tyq’ra now is custom Xivilai race. More details in the Version history section. Hopefully the custom race feature will let me attach custom animations for Tyq’ra’s one-handed sword attacks (I would like to give Tyq’ra Witcher style combat animations).

A clean save (without TyqraXivilaiFollower mod installed) is required for the update to work properly. 

2) Second update. Unique combat and idle animations. More details in the Version history.

Just install the new version manually over the old one replace all the old files with the new ones

I want some feedback: bugs, suggestions etc. 

Just an example of Tyq'ra's combat animations

Tyq'ra's combat animations.mp4

Higher resolution here: 

https://youtu.be/Q9JKcUsV3Y0

WHO HAS ISSUES WITH TYQ'RA'S UNIQUE ANIMATIONS...

I have found the problem. I contacted GomaPudding who created AddAnimationTool. He says that to make animations work. A person who installs such a mod should intstall and execute his AddAnimationTool with my .lis file. I have not seen this condition when I decded to add custom animations. Sorry :frown:

However AddAnimationTool is very simple to use and very light weight. The main thing is to set your Skyrim data path in the  [Config 01] section of the Config file

Then drop this .lis file in ANIMLIST folder.

Tyqraxiv.lis

Close ALL other open folders and execute AddAnimData as administrator.

If you do not want to bother with all that then just install the previous version and keep it.

3) Third update

Added HDT to Tyq'ra's leather skirts, and navel piercing,

Removed the bug that caused navel piercing disappear.

Two versions are available: with normal animations and with custom animations

Requirements:

HDT Physics Extentions

General information on the Xivilai:

Spoiler

The Xivilai are powerful, highly intelligent daedra who serve Molag Bal or Mehrunes Dagon. They look like tall, muscular warriors with gray or blue-purple skin, with red markings across arms and legs. They have glowing eyes, long ears and mane-like hair with big horns on their forehead. The Xivilai walk around bare shirted; the only protection they have is a slightly armored kilt and a plated necklace. They are similar in many points to the dremora, but do not have a caste system or ranks. The lack of a caste system fits perfectly with their hatred of subordination and tendency for disobedience. They are not to be trusted and often betray mortals who are foolish enough to make deals with the Xivilai. However they have their own code of honor and principles.

The Xivilai are physically the strongest of the daedra, being able to wield two-handed weapons in one hand. They can also cast spells: Heat Blast (Fire Damage 70 pts on Target), Lightning Surge (Shock Damage 80 pts on Target), Lightning Grasp (Shock Damage 45 pts on Touch), Summon Clannfear (for 45 sec), Dispel Other (Dispel 30 pts on Target), Guard (Shield 30 pts for 30 sec on self). A Xivilai will almost always summon a clannfear immediately at the start of a battle.

The Xivilai have the following resistances and weaknesses: 33% resist fire, 20% weakness to shock, 33% Spell Absorption, Stunted Magicka: they rely upon spell absorption to regenerate magicka.

Credits:

A lot of assets from other mods have been used in order to give Tyq’ra her unique look. Some assets were modified to better suite a Xivilai female warrior (mash ups and retextures). I have asked the authors of all the assets I used for their permissions. However I still have not had replies from several people. So I would like to release the mod without their permissions. If anyone of these modders does not want their assets to be used in this mod, please, let me know. I will remove them from the mod as soon as I can.

I would like to thanks all the people who contributed directly or indirectly to the creation of this mod:

T3alrose – for the Xivilai race mod;

Kalilies – for the famous KS hairdos;

Gomaperopero – for the Tsuntsun armor;

bla08 for the Sexy Tsuns armor mashup;

ReflexShooter – for the UNP UNPB UNPB-BBP CBBEv3 Conversion of the Tsun Female Armor;

Skeuomorph – for the CBBE HDT Piercing Sets (permission asked, no reply yet);

Plooshy – for the claws (nails) that are from Neve mod;

zemaria – for the Greaves and legwraps;

FavoredSoul – for the Ultimate assortment;

jrc0011 – for the JRC’s Witcher style sword pack;

Zadil – for the Devious Devices (Assets);

Wast1980 – for the SevenBase Bombshell body that so perfectly suits a female Xivilai, imho;

myuhinny – for his help, inexhaustible patience and a rare ability to give thorough answers;

realclone – for very realistic physics of Tyq’ra’s earrings;

GomaPudding - for his fantastic Add Animation Data tool;

cyh0405 - for the Witcher style combat animations mod

dint999 - for very realistic physics of Tyq’ra’s leather skirts and for removing the bug that caused Tyq'ra's navel piercing disappear;

Artsick – for support, alfa testing, help and especially for the wonderful dynamic glow that she has managed to attach to the dragon eye on Tyq’ra’s ring and to the crystals on Tyq’ra’s earrings, navel piercing and pommel of the sword;

Ezzar – for support, alfa testing and advice.

If I have forgotten to mention someone, please, let me know.

Version history:

beta 09r01 – Added HDT to Tyq'ra's leather skirts, and navel piercing,

Removed the bug that caused navel piercing disappear.

beta 09p03 – Tyq’ra now has unique combat and idle animations. She has now "Witcher combat style" and uses her sword properly - as a bustard (hand-and-a-half) sword.

You do not need to run FNIS, just put all the files into your Data folder.

beta 09p01 – Tyq’ra is now custom Xivilai race (non-playable); removed Resist Cold enchantment from the Plated Necklace, now it grants the wearer Immunity to Paralysis; cleaned the .esp.

You will need a clean save to update the mod.

beta 09n08 – open beta initial release

Permission:

There is little in this mod that was made by me except for the head preset. The head mesh is free to use for anyone. For the rest a permission of the authors who own the assets should be asked for.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/16/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

10 hours ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

I really like how she looks! :smiley:

The only issue I'm having is the constant magic effect / swirl thingy that's infront of her 

Reveal hidden contents

20180216214537_1.thumb.jpg.c421fbfb093da7d17986206ec96c757b.jpg

Is there a way to disable this? :classic_wacko:

It is not the mod. It is in your Skyrim. You probably have an old version of the game... Ezzar had the same problem. Ask him if he managed to solve it 

On 17/02/2018 at 5:29 AM, Sursed said:

Thanks :smile:  There are no earrings on your screenshot... Do they work correctly in your game?

Good question. I'll check it out later. If they are HDT, they must have detached from her ear when I swapped some items in her inventory. Always happens with me. :classic_biggrin:

Update: they are working fine.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:28 PM, Sursed said:

It is not the mod. It is in your Skyrim. You probably have an old version of the game... Ezzar had the same problem. Ask him if he managed to solve it 

The last time I tested her out (which was v9h03, I think) I ended up with the same aura problem which I forgot to mention. It only happened once but I was thinking it might be due to one of the leftover Xivilai abilities in the esp somehow. I can try and look into it some more but I might not get back to you for a bit.

3 hours ago, Artsick said:

The last time I tested her out (which was v9h03, I think) I ended up with the same aura problem which I forgot to mention. It only happened once but I was thinking it might be due to one of the leftover Xivilai abilities in the esp somehow. I can try and look into it some more but I might not get back to you for a bit.

That would be great, but before you do so, please, install the latest version.

On 16.02.2018 at 9:47 PM, SpaceHamst3r said:

I really like how she looks! :smiley:

The only issue I'm having is the constant magic effect / swirl thingy that's infront of her 

Reveal hidden contents

20180216214537_1.thumb.jpg.c421fbfb093da7d17986206ec96c757b.jpg

Is there a way to disable this? :classic_wacko:

Do you have this effect al the time or only when Tyq'ra is hit with a spell?

• 2 weeks later...

Just tested her for the first time with 0.9r01, and she definitely has a really unique look.  Thanks for sharing, she is a sexy addition to the followers in my game, definitely looking forward to any possible backstory quest content.

One note: I did have to edit all of the .xml files included to stop her from disappearing due to HDT stretching.  I simple edited all the maxlinearvelocity and maxangularvelocity lines to = 255.  After doing that I was actually able to find her, before I did I had to move her to my character to find her due to the HDT spazzing out and causing the game to stop rendering her.  Her HDT items still look fine to me with those variables (HDT stretching seems to happen when the game causes an HDT item to move faster than "max" speed, setting the max speed to the maximum of 255 stops that from happening in most cases).

On 07.03.2018 at 2:40 AM, Reesewow said:

Just tested her for the first time with 0.9r01, and she definitely has a really unique look.  Thanks for sharing, she is a sexy addition to the followers in my game, definitely looking forward to any possible backstory quest content.

One note: I did have to edit all of the .xml files included to stop her from disappearing due to HDT stretching.  I simple edited all the maxlinearvelocity and maxangularvelocity lines to = 255.  After doing that I was actually able to find her, before I did I had to move her to my character to find her due to the HDT spazzing out and causing the game to stop rendering her.  Her HDT items still look fine to me with those variables (HDT stretching seems to happen when the game causes an HDT item to move faster than "max" speed, setting the max speed to the maximum of 255 stops that from happening in most cases).

Sorry for tha late reply. I have not seen the comment... I am glad you like her :smile:

As for the .xml files, it is an interesting solution! Could you share the modified files please?

28 minutes ago, Sursed said:

Sorry for tha late reply. I have not seen the comment... I am glad you like her :smile:

As for the .xml files, it is an interesting solution! Could you share the modified files please?

Don't have access to them atm, but it is easy to make the change manually.  Pasting the old comment I saved from a user regarding fixing HDT stretching problems and how to help avoid them, this is the only change I made to the xmls:

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255. The stretching appears to happen when the mesh movement moves faster than the max velocity integer. If you have hdt cape, You can easily reproduce stretching simply by using Whirlwind Sprint shout. Once you change all above parameters, the stretch no longer happens.

I did this for Clothes and Cloaks. I have not had any problems with stretching or invisibility on NPC or Followers. I do not use any changes to HAVOK ini. Of course your computer setup may come in to play, so results may very. Just thought I would share, because i used to have the same problems. I'm currently using HDT Clothes and Robes for all NPC's, HDT Cloaks(Myself and Sofia), HDT Underwear (Myself and Sofia), Custom version of HDT Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Changeable Hair Ribbons for Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Weapon Sling for XPMSE(Myself), and custom Hats/Hoods with HDT Hair (Myself), and of coures HDT Bodies (CBBE HDT including Sofia) all with no problem. Good luck, hopes this helps you to.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

Don't have access to them atm, but it is easy to make the change manually.  Pasting the old comment I saved from a user regarding fixing HDT stretching problems and how to help avoid them, this is the only change I made to the xmls:

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255. The stretching appears to happen when the mesh movement moves faster than the max velocity integer. If you have hdt cape, You can easily reproduce stretching simply by using Whirlwind Sprint shout. Once you change all above parameters, the stretch no longer happens.

I did this for Clothes and Cloaks. I have not had any problems with stretching or invisibility on NPC or Followers. I do not use any changes to HAVOK ini. Of course your computer setup may come in to play, so results may very. Just thought I would share, because i used to have the same problems. I'm currently using HDT Clothes and Robes for all NPC's, HDT Cloaks(Myself and Sofia), HDT Underwear (Myself and Sofia), Custom version of HDT Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Changeable Hair Ribbons for Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Weapon Sling for XPMSE(Myself), and custom Hats/Hoods with HDT Hair (Myself), and of coures HDT Bodies (CBBE HDT including Sofia) all with no problem. Good luck, hopes this helps you to.

Thanks for the tips. I will try it :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like the way she looks and I want to use her in my SSE. Could I convert her the way I do other followers or would that be impossible with the HDT? I'm not sure if it's just her clothes or body itself that is HDT

8 hours ago, megat said:

I really like the way she looks and I want to use her in my SSE. Could I convert her the way I do other followers or would that be impossible with the HDT? I'm not sure if it's just her clothes or body itself that is HDT

As I said in the permission section of the description there is little in the mod that belongs to me. I have used many assets from different mods created by talented modders. As for the assets that are mine, I have no objections for the port to SSE.

Her jewelry, clothes and body are HDT. I do not have SSE and have never tried to port them to SSE...

You never know if it is possible if you do not try :smile: