[Stellaris] Trait (and other things) Standardization Discussion Thread

darkspleen

@theman221 @Onimonipea @Raana

I feel that the Stellaris modding community has matured enough that we can begin talking about how our various mods will work with each other. The first portion of this being traits, although things such as buildings and civics could also definitely fall under this category.

One of the things I would like to avoid, for instance, is having three mods, each of which have their own version of the same trait. For instance it would be silly if we had three different futa traits floating about, each slightly different from each other. On that note I also do not know what happens if two mods have traits using the exact same name. If anyone has tested that out before, I'd love to know how that works out.

I think this is important because many players are going to use more than one of our mods at a time and it makes sense to have at least a basic level of cooperation between each other. Other things such as a standardized naming scheme and generally agreed upon standardized costs for the traits are also things I think we need to discuss.

So what are your thoughts?

Traits (and really any feature, civic, government, etc.) sharing names is only an issue if they share the exact same tag line. If they share the same localization text, but have different tag lines then there won't be any conflict (save maybe potential confusion on why there's two features with the same name).

I'll use an example from the nudist trait from the sexy xenos mod, and the nudist traits I'm setting up in my mod. Since they share a similar theme, but have notably different effects.

The nudity trait from the sexy xenos mod has the tag line:

trait_naturally_nudist

While my own nudity traits have the tag lines respectively (as well as an opposing prudish trait):

trait_pleasant_nudists
trait_unsightly_nudists

Since the tag lines are different between traits they won't conflict with each other and all three would show up on the traits list as long as the trait requirements are met for the species being created. Of course the localization tag lines are different between all three traits as well. Reading "Naturally Nudist," "Pleasant Nudists," and "Unsightly Nudists" respectively. However, if we wanted to we could have all three localizations read "Nudists" and there would still be no conflicts between the traits.

Now if you had two features that had the exact same tag lines. Then I believe whichever mod is loaded second would have its feature take precedence. While the other mod's feature wouldn't show up at all in-game.

As for overlapping features, I think the nudist traits are currently the only example I know of at the moment. And even then the effects of both are quite different so there still really isn't any significant overlap in mod features so far.

That being said, species traits, ruler traits, buildings, and possibly civics are probably going to be the main features with the highest possibility of overlapping without some form of coordination.

Yea I was wondering about using the same tags, not the same localization text. Hmm... This implies that if I make a trait in Massa and have some events linked to that trait, if another mod has a trait with the same tag and is loaded second, then those events should still work. This is certainly something I'll have to test at some point.

Yeah, those events should work I believe as long as it's being used for the same thing (an event that runs off a certain trait setup and the other mod has the same trait setup for example).

However, if your mod's trait is for the species trait list, and the alternate mod's trait is a leader trait instead but has the same tag line for example, then that could potentially break your events. Since the ways the game is allowed to call species traits and leader traits aren't always the same. So "where" the matching tag line is located and "what" it is used for would also be a factor as well I think.

@darkspleen, Great idea making this thread. Maybe we should make a list of all the traits we have planned out and outline their feature so we don't end up making the same trait and if we do have overlapping traits we can discuss how we can both make out own versions different enough to justify having both. Perhaps when enough mods show up on the site we can make something like darkworld for cursader kings and then make a coherent experience between multiple mods that compliment eachother! But I think that will be a discussion for another time.

Actually I've been working on 6 traits that allow 3 different interbreeding types and they will need to have other species on the planet to be activated and I know the a.i. doesn't often mix species on planets very well, which makes me wonder if anyone is working on empire personality types that will do certain things (i.e. make sure every planet has at least 2 species) depending on traits or some other factor.

Just if you're interested the traits are:

-Biomechanical breeder: a robot trait that utilizes special technology for robots to use biological wombs to produce new robots by combining artificial and biological matter.

-Biomechanically optimised wombs: fully optimizes the biological wombs for breeding with biomechanical machines, removing happiness and growth debuffs due to biomechanical interbreeding.

-Brood parasite: a species that needs hosts for their eggs

-Artificial brood hosts: a robot trait that gives brood parasites an artificial brood host, can be optimal if you can't find a biological species to incubate your eggs.

-2 more traits involving mixing genes to be fleshed out

@theman221

Listing out features might be a good idea to reduce potential overlap. Especially since some of those traits you listed would synergize really well with the hive mind and machine civics I was working on for empire governments. So I suppose I'll start with lists of what I'm currently working on for my WIP mod.

Species Traits

Spoiler

Heat Cycles

• Members of this species are fertile for only a short period of the year. During which time powerful sexual urges overwhelm them, and they will only see relief when they successfully breed.
    • Doesn't do much on its own, but I have plans on tying a bunch of mini-events to it that have a chance to fire yearly. Simulating variances in the planetary breeding cycles.
    • Also grants access to the Designated Breeding Center building to minimize the impact of negative events.
  • Currently planned event variants.
    • Unusually Mild (growth penalty)
    • Frisky (positive bonus)
    • Frisky (negative penalties)
      • Wait it out (unavailable to xenophobes)
      • Discipline (slightly more severe penalty)
      • Breeding Centers (needs building, minimizes penalties)
    • Frisky w/multiple species
      • Standard response
      • Xenophile response
      • Xenophobe response
    • Aggressive (positive bonus)
    • Aggressive (negative penalties)
      • Similar to negative frisky, but with larger penalties
    • Aggressive w/multiple species
      • Similar to multiple species Frisky, but with the addition of penalties
    • Riotous (severe penalties)
      • Only happens if a planet doesn't have the Designated Breeding Center building.
      • Worst penalties out of all the events.
    • Celebratory (high bonuses)
      • Only happens if a planet does have the Designated Breeding Center building.
      • Highest bonuses out of all the events.
      • Standard response
        • Bonuses geared towards a population spike.
      • Xenophile response
        • Bonuses geared towards unity and xeno pops
    • General Event w/multiple pops
      • Only happens if a planet does have the Designated Breeding Center building.
      • Themed around xeno pops getting curious about the Breeding Centers, and has a number of random follow up events with the results of that curiosity.

Pleasant Nudists

• Members of this species rarely, if ever, wear clothes. However, due to pleasing forms and figures other species rarely seem to mind.
    • Gives the Pleasing Nudity opinion modifier (+25) to most empires.
    • Gives the Indecent Exposure opinion modifier (-25) to empires with a ruler who has the Obstinate Prudes species trait.

Unsightly Nudists

• Members of this species rarely, if ever, wear clothes. Much to the dismay of other species.
    • Gives the Unpleasant Nudity opinion modifier (-25) to most empires.
    • Gives the Offensive Exposure opinion modifier (-50) to empires with a ruler who has the Obstinate Prudes species trait.

Obstinate Prudes

• Members of this species consider nudity of any kind to be indecent, and won't hesitate to call out any offenses.
    • Gives the Stuck-Up Prudes opinion modifier (-25) to empires with a ruler who has the Pleasant Nudists or Unsightly Nudists species traits.
    • Gives the Respectful Decency opinion modifier (+25) to empires with a ruler who has the Obstinate Prudes species trait.

Civics & Governments (haven't planned out specific modifiers for them yet)

Spoiler

Sexual Hedonism

• This society is openly sexual in nature. Where sexual encounters of all kinds are simply a part of the population's every day lives.
  • Egalitarian governments get flagged with the Exhibition Committee government.
    • This representative form of government does not believe in inhibiting the sexual freedom of its citizens. Allowing, and even encouraging, openly public sexual interactions between individuals.
  • Authoritarian governments get flagged with the Hedonistic Authority government.
    • This autocratic form of government oversees state-approved sexual conduct ranging from general public sexual interactions, media and businesses, to public use of undesirables, non-citizens and slaves.
  • Will NOT get along well with empires with the Sexual Inhibition civic.

Sexual Inhibition

• This society abhors wanton sexual exposure and conduct, and will seek to suppress any openly sexual behavior it encounters.
  • Egalitarian governments get flagged with the Temperance Council government.
    • This representative form of government is tasked with ensuring that the populace remains free from the distraction of indecent sexual conduct.
  • Authoritarian governments get flagged with the Immaculate State government.
    • This autocratic form of government is tasked with subduing indecent sexual conduct to ensure the populace remains free of such distracting behavior.
  • Will NOT get along well with empires with the Sexual Hedonism civic, or any empires led by leaders with any sexually active species traits.

Organic Incubation

• While capable of breeding on its own, the biology Hive Mind's offspring has adapted to gestate more efficiently when conceived inside another biological organism.
  • Hive Mind only. Empire gets flagged with the Brood Throng government.
    • This government operates as a single consciousness utterly devoted to self-propagation. Its drones continuously seeking out new life forms to impregnate with new generations of brood spawn.
  • While I haven't been able to figure out how to make a custom purge types, I do think I can at least add some fluff pop-ups more in line with the civic's theme.

Pleasure Bots

• The pinnacle of robotic sexual technology, the Units the Machine Intelligence Operates are not only able to provide incredible sexual stimulation, but are equipped to aid in organic reproduction as well.
  • Machine Intelligence only. Empires get flagged with the Propagation Matrix government.
    • The Machine Intelligence was created to save its creator species. So enthralled were they with their robotic sexual creations that they were failing to populate their own species.
    • Will hopefully function similarly to the Rogue Servitors.

All civics will unlock their own edicts as well that let you customize the theme for your empires.

Prescripted Empires (using portraits from the Sexy Xenos mod as well as some vanilla portraits) and Name Lists

Spoiler

Catgirl Portraits

• Fareen Serene Compact
    • Irenic Dictatorship

Dr. Comet Anthro Portraits

• Tribal Union of Mirati
    • Citizen Stratocracy
  • Mishri-Shar Cartel (Slavers)
    • Megacorporation

Deer Portraits

• Doe Mi High Kingdom
    • Enlightened Monarchy

Egyptian Themed Portraits

• Divine Empire of Nubi-Ra (Slavers)
    • Divine Empire
    • Hoping to make their prescripted ruler Immortal as well for theme reasons.

Anime Human Portraits

• Confederation of Vrinn
    • Representative Democracy
  • Star Imperium of Korinth (Slavers)
    • Feudal Empire
  • Covnant of Alaria
    • Holy Tribunal

Anthro Pony Portraits

• Celestial Equiestrus Realm
    • Celestial Empire
  • Lunar Equiestrus Nation
    • Star Empire
  • Equiestrus Fertility Combine
    • Hedonistic Authority
  • Equiestrus Technocratic State
    • Technocratic Dictatorship
  • Hoping to make all four of their prescripted rulers Immortal as well theme reasons.

Bunny Portraits

• United Leporal Assembly
    • Direct Democracy

Tentacle Portraits (either vanilla or custom if someone adds them)

• Ushlong Entity
    • Brood Throng

I'm planning on adding quite a few more prescripted empires as well. I've just been prioritizing getting the civics and governments finished.

Name Lists themed for use with these empires

• Xtras Felines
  • Xtras Bunnies
  • Xtras Deer
  • Xtras Equines
  • Xtras Anubiles
  • Xtras Tentacles (unfinished)

I was also considering a special research for "Advanced Amoeba Breeding Programs" where empires can "incubate" improved versions of the vanilla amoeba fighter craft.

7 minutes ago, Raana said:

@theman221

Listing out features might be a good idea to reduce potential overlap. Especially since some of those traits you listed would synergize really well with the hive mind and machine civics I was working on for empire governments. So I suppose I'll start with lists of what I'm currently working on for my WIP mod.

Species Traits

Hide contents

Heat Cycles

• Members of this species are fertile for only a short period of the year. During which time powerful sexual urges overwhelm them, and they will only see relief when they successfully breed.
    • Doesn't do much on its own, but I have plans on tying a bunch of mini-events to it that have a chance to fire yearly. Simulating variances in the planetary breeding cycles.
    • Also grants access to the Designated Breeding Center building to minimize the impact of negative events.
  • Currently planned event variants.
    • Unusually Mild (growth penalty)
    • Frisky (positive bonus)
    • Frisky (negative penalties)
      • Wait it out (unavailable to xenophobes)
      • Discipline (slightly more severe penalty)
      • Breeding Centers (needs building, minimizes penalties)
    • Frisky w/multiple species
      • Standard response
      • Xenophile response
      • Xenophobe response
    • Aggressive (positive bonus)
    • Aggressive (negative penalties)
      • Similar to negative frisky, but with larger penalties
    • Aggressive w/multiple species
      • Similar to multiple species Frisky, but with the addition of penalties
    • Riotous (severe penalties)
      • Only happens if a planet doesn't have the Designated Breeding Center building.
      • Worst penalties out of all the events.
    • Celebratory (high bonuses)
      • Only happens if a planet does have the Designated Breeding Center building.
      • Highest bonuses out of all the events.
      • Standard response
        • Bonuses geared towards a population spike.
      • Xenophile response
        • Bonuses geared towards unity and xeno pops

Pleasant Nudists

• Members of this species rarely, if ever, wear clothes. However, due to pleasing forms and figures other species rarely seem to mind.
    • Gives the Pleasing Nudity opinion modifier (+25) to most empires.
    • Gives the Indecent Exposure opinion modifier (-25) to empires with a ruler who has the Obstinate Prudes species trait.

Unsightly Nudists

• Members of this species rarely, if ever, wear clothes. Much to the dismay of other species.
    • Gives the Unpleasant Nudity opinion modifier (-25) to most empires.
    • Gives the Offensive Exposure opinion modifier (-50) to empires with a ruler who has the Obstinate Prudes species trait.

Obstinate Prudes

• Members of this species consider nudity of any kind to be indecent, and won't hesitate to call out any offenses.
    • Gives the Stuck-Up Prudes opinion modifier (-25) to empires with a ruler who has the Pleasant Nudists or Unsightly Nudists species traits.
    • Gives the Respectful Decency opinion modifier (+25) to empires with a ruler who has the Obstinate Prudes species trait.

Civics & Governments (haven't planned out specific modifiers for them yet)

Hide contents

Sexual Hedonism

• This society is openly sexual in nature. Where sexual encounters of all kinds are simply a part of the population's every day lives.
  • Egalitarian governments get flagged with the Exhibition Committee government.
    • This representative form of government does not believe in inhibiting the sexual freedom of its citizens. Allowing, and even encouraging, openly public sexual interactions between individuals.
  • Authoritarian governments get flagged with the Hedonistic Authority government.
    • This autocratic form of government oversees state-approved sexual conduct ranging from general public sexual interactions, media and businesses, to public use of undesirables, non-citizens and slaves.
  • Will NOT get along well with empires with the Sexual Inhibition trait.

Sexual Inhibition

• This society abhors wanton sexual exposure and conduct, and will seek to suppress any openly sexual behavior it encounters.
  • Egalitarian governments get flagged with the Temperance Council government.
    • This representative form of government is tasked with ensuring that the populace remains free from the distraction of indecent sexual conduct.
  • Authoritarian governments get flagged with the Immaculate State government.
    • This autocratic form of government is tasked with subduing indecent sexual conduct to ensure the populace remains free of such distracting behavior.
  • Will NOT get along well with empires with the Sexual Hedonism trait, or any empires led by leaders with any sexually active species traits.

Organic Incubation

• While capable of breeding on its own, the biology Hive Mind's offspring has adapted to gestate more efficiently when conceived inside another biological organism.
  • Hive Mind only. Empire gets flagged with the Brood Throng government.
    • This government operates as a single consciousness utterly devoted to self-propagation. Its drones continuously seeking out new life forms to impregnate with new generations of brood spawn.
  • While I haven't been able to figure out how to make a custom purge types, I do think I can at least add some fluff pop-ups more in line with the civic's theme.

Pleasure Bots

• The pinnacle of robotic sexual technology, the Units the Machine Intelligence Operates are not only able to provide incredible sexual stimulation, but are equipped to aid in organic reproduction as well.
  • Machine Intelligence only. Empires get flagged with the Propagation Matrix government.
    • The Machine Intelligence was created to save its creator species. So enthralled were they with their robotic sexual creations that they were failing to populate their own species.
    • Will hopefully function similarly to the Rogue Servitors.

Prescripted Empires (using portraits from the Sexy Xenos mod as well as some vanilla portraits) and Name Lists

Hide contents

Catgirl Portraits

• Fareen Serene Compact
    • Irenic Dictatorship

Dr. Comet Anthro Portraits

• Tribal Union of Mirati
    • Citizen Stratocracy
  • Mishri-Shar Cartel (Slavers)
    • Megacorporation

Deer Portraits

• Doe Mi High Kingdom
    • Enlightened Monarchy

Egyptian Themed Portraits

• Divine Empire of Nubi-Ra (Slavers)
    • Divine Empire
    • Hoping to make their prescripted ruler Immortal as well for theme reasons.

Anime Human Portraits

• Confederation of Vrinn
    • Representative Democracy
  • Star Imperium of Korinth (Slavers)
    • Feudal Empire
  • Covnant of Alaria
    • Holy Tribunal

Anthro Pony Portraits

• Celestial Equiestrus Realm
    • Celestial Empire
  • Lunar Equiestrus Nation
    • Star Empire
  • Equiestrus Fertility Combine
    • Hedonistic Authority
  • Equiestrus Technocratic State
    • Technocratic Dictatorship
  • Hoping to make all four of their prescripted rulers Immortal as well theme reasons.

Bunny Portraits

• United Leporal Assembly
    • Direct Democracy

Tencacle Portraits (either vanilla or custom if someone adds them)

• Ushlong Entity
    • Brood Throng

I'm planning on adding quite a few more prescripted empires as well. I've just been prioritizing getting the civics and governments finished.

Name Lists themed for use with these empires

• Xtras Felines
  • Xtras Bunnies
  • Xtras Deer
  • Xtras Equines
  • Xtras Anubiles
  • Xtras Tentacles (unfinished)

I was also considering a special research for "Advanced Amoeba Breeding Programs" where empires can "incubate" improved versions of the vanilla amoeba fighter craft.

Sounds cool, I like the heat cycle idea! I like the idea of having to prepare for your population to go into heat, its a bit like preparing for winter in endless legend :smiley: Imagine being in the middle of a war then all of a sudden your species goes into heat, might cause some problems, or give advantages, or even take advantage of other empires in heat!

also I like that you're making pre-scripted empires. I think it would be cool if someone made a mod that was able make the a.i. appropriately use all our civics and traits. Also I wonder if anyone can change the diplomatic text depending on civics or traits.

14 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Sounds cool, I like the heat cycle idea! I like the idea of having to prepare for your population to go into heat, its a bit like preparing for winter in endless legend :smiley: Imagine being in the middle of a war then all of a sudden your species goes into heat, might cause some problems, or give advantages, or even take advantage of other empires in heat!

also I like that you're making pre-scripted empires. I think it would be cool if someone made a mod that was able make the a.i. appropriately use all our civics and traits. Also I wonder if anyone can change the diplomatic text depending on civics or traits.

Regarding the heat cycles, what I had planned was going to be a bit smaller scale. The trait itself doesn't have any growth bonuses or penalties because it's supposed to be the "norm" for the species. The event variances are going to target single planets though and the modifiers will last roughly 6 months. Granted if you can catch a world that got one of the negative events then it'll probably be a little easier to invade, but you could also run into one in the middle of a population boom too.

The governments I'm adding are going to come with their own AI personalities that I will try to fit with how I want those empires to behave, but I can probably help with other AI personalities if anyone wants to tie them to specific species traits as well. Custom diplomacy text was another thing I was considering, but something I haven't looked into yet.

10 minutes ago, Raana said:

Regarding the heat cycles, what I had planned was going to be a bit smaller scale. The trait itself doesn't have any growth bonuses or penalties because it's supposed to be the "norm" for the species. The event variances are going to target single planets though and the modifiers will last roughly 6 months. Granted if you can catch a world that got one of the negative events then it'll probably be a little easier to invade, but you could also run into one in the middle of a population boom too.

The governments I'm adding are going to come with their own AI personalities that I will try to fit with how I want those empires to behave, but I can probably help with other AI personalities if anyone wants to tie them to specific species traits as well. Custom diplomacy text was another thing I was considering, but something I haven't looked into yet.

Yessss making A.I. personalities function with certain traits would be awesome! Perhaps we can make a central mod which includes a list of all the traits and civics of all our mods that apply to a certain type so only a a.i. with a certain personality will use certain traits. Like for example only xenophilic empires will use the interbreeder traits and will always have at least 2 species on every planet etc. and this list could also be used to know which text to use for diplomacy.

Also I honestly can't imagine how annoying it must be to implement the heat system, it sounds pretty complex. Just getting the game to register more then one species and add mofifiers was pretty hard for me. Hows the progress on your mod overall?

5 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Yessss making A.I. personalities function with certain traits would be awesome! Perhaps we can make a central mod which includes a list of all the traits and civics of all our mods that apply to a certain type so only a a.i. with a certain personality will use certain traits. Like for example only xenophilic empires will use the interbreeder traits and will always have at least 2 species on every planet etc. and this list could also be used to know which text to use for diplomacy.

Personality linking is pretty easy. All they need is an "Allow = {}" line containing one or more prerequisites.

I think you can do the same for species traits requiring the xenophile ethos, but I'm not sure if "allow," "possible," or some other prerequisite flag is used for that.

In theory you could use that prerequisite line to make the species traits require the Syncretic Evolution civic as well, or if you're feeling ambitious you could make a custom version of the civic where the paired species is made specifically for the crossbreeding traits.

2 minutes ago, Raana said:

Personality linking is pretty easy. All they need is an "Allow = {}" line containing one or more prerequisites.

I think you can do the same for species traits requiring the xenophile ethos, but I'm not sure if "allow," "possible," or some other prerequisite flag is used for that.

In theory you could use that prerequisite line to make the species traits require the Syncretic Evolution civic as well, or if you're feeling ambitious you could make a custom version of the civic where the paired species is made specifically for the crossbreeding traits.

Yea I managed to get the biomechanical breeding and brood parasite traits to work really well just need to make the trait icons and still figuring out what exactly to do with the last type of breeding. And making the syncretic evolution civic a prerequisite is actually a really good idea. I can just use the code for syncretic evolution and change the traits, great idea, I'll definitely use that for the last type of interbreeding. I think I'll release the mod in 2 days or so.

10 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Yea I managed to get the biomechanical breeding and brood parasite traits to work really well just need to make the trait icons and still figuring out what exactly to do with the last type of breeding. And making the syncretic evolution civic a prerequisite is actually a really good idea. I can just use the code for syncretic evolution and change the traits, great idea, I'll definitely use that for the last type of interbreeding. I think I'll release the mod in 2 days or so.

I think there might be a way to essentially copy how Syncretic Evolution works, but without the required proles species trait. You could even add a custom localization line to the secondary species along the lines of "Syncretic Species," "Bio-Trophy," and "Cyborg Species" from the vanilla secondary species civics.

4 hours ago, Raana said:

I think there might be a way to essentially copy how Syncretic Evolution works, but without the required proles species trait. You could even add a custom localization line to the secondary species along the lines of "Syncretic Species," "Bio-Trophy," and "Cyborg Species" from the vanilla secondary species civics.

check this out to see if you can adapt this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1294720127

Utopia Required : Codominant Evolution: Start the game with 4 Pops being of another codominant species. You have total control over the pop's traits. I have a standalone mod for this civic.

the standalone mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1150521384

also this a presapient traits selection http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1225712370

this for both syncretic and robot pops http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1217235590

4 minutes ago, justaidea said:

check this out to see if you can adapt this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1294720127

Utopia Required : Codominant Evolution: Start the game with 4 Pops being of another codominant species. You have total control over the pop's traits. I have a standalone mod for this civic.

the standalone mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1150521384

Yea I have the coodominant evolution mod but it seems quite complex and I feel pretty bad just ripping off the entire thing without permission. I was considering trying to figure out how it works but I'm not sure I'll see what I can do.

Mk40 is working on a few policies for MASSA.

# NUDITY

> Prohibited 
            [Is not Pacifist]
            Effect:
                Prostitution policy forced to Prohibited.
                Pacifist ethic attraction: -10%
                Pop Happiness: -5%

> Restricted
            [Default]
            [Is not Pacifist]
            Effect:
                None

> Authorized
            [Default for Pacifist]    
            Effect:
                Pop Happiness: +2.5%

> Supported
            Effect:
                Pop Happiness: +5%
                Pacifist ethic attraction: +2.5%

> Idolized
            [Is Spiritualist or Pacifist]
            [Has "Nudity Worship"]
            Effect:
                Unity: +5%
                Spiritualist ethic attraction: +5%

# PROSTITUTION

> Prohibited 
            [Default]
            [Is not Materialist]
            Effect:
                None

> Authorized
            [Default for Materialist]
            [Is not Spiritualist]
            Effect:            
                Unrest: -2.5%

> Supported
            [Is not Spiritualist]
            Effect:
                Unrest: -5%
                Materialist ethic attraction: +2.5%

> Industrialized
            [Is Materialist or Egalitarian]
            [Has "Prostitution Industry"]
            Effect:
                Energy: +5%
                Materialist ethic attraction: +5%

> Slavery
            [Has slavery allowed]
            [Has "Slave Market"]
            Effect:
                Non slave pop unrest: -10%
                Non slave pop happiness: -5%
                Slave pop happiness: -5%

# SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS

> Controlled
            [Is Authoritarian]
            [Is not Pacifist]
            Effect:
                Energy/Mineral/Research output: +25%
                Unrest: +10%
                Pop happiness: -25%
                Pop growth: -50%

> Restricted
            [Is not Egalitarian]
            Effect:
                Energy/Mineral/Research output: +10%
                Pop growth: -25%

> Authorized
            [Default]
            Effect:
                None

> Encouraged
            Effect:
                Energy/Mineral/Research output: -10%
                Pop growth: +25%

> Reinforced
            [Has "Repopulation Effort"]
            Effect:
                Energy/Mineral/Research output: -25%
                Unrest: -10%
                Pop happiness: +10%
                Pop growth: +50%

# INTERSPECIES COPULATION

> Prohibited 
            [Default]
            [Is not Xenophile]
            [Has encountered another species]
            Effect:
                None

> Authorized
            [Default for Xenophile]
            [Is not Xenophobe]
            Effect:
                Thrust growth: +2.5%

> Encouraged 
            [Is not Xenophobe]
            Effect:
                Thrust growth: +5%
                Xenophile ethic attraction: +2.5%

> Supported Reproduction
            [Is not Xenophobe]
            [Has "Interspecies Reproduction"]
            [Has species with "Xeno Reproduction" trait]
            Effect:
                Pop Growth: +10% (Will be replaced with a related event at some point)
                Thrust growth: +10%
                Xenophile ethic attraction: +5%

The only trait I currently have added in Massa is the tentacle lifeform trait. Its subject to change though as I'm no longer using it for what I had originally intended.

I've also been toying around with making something similar to your 'Need to Breed' trait, only way tuned downed and geared to meet some of my specific needs.

@theman221 Do you have some kind of futa trait in your mod?

@darkspleen No I'm not working on a futa trait and I don't plan to so no worries there :smile:, getting closer to finishing the interbreeder traits. Each pop on a planet with an interbreeder will receive different modifiers depending on their ethics and traits. Also made an event pop up to inform the player when interbreeding has begun on a planet, also made sure it doesn't pop up for every single pop like in the need to breed trait and only once for a planet, but it will pop up again if for some reason there are no longer any interbreeder pops and they return again.

12 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Mk40 is working on a few policies for MASSA.

Reveal hidden contents

# NUDITY

> Prohibited 
            [Is not Pacifist]
            Effect:
                Prostitution policy forced to Prohibited.
                Pacifist ethic attraction: -10%
                Pop Happiness: -5%

> Restricted
            [Default]
            [Is not Pacifist]
            Effect:
                None

> Authorized
            [Default for Pacifist]    
            Effect:
                Pop Happiness: +2.5%

> Supported
            Effect:
                Pacifist ethic attraction: +2.5%

> Idolized
            [Is Spiritualist or Pacifist]
            [Has "Nudity Worship"]
            Effect:
                Unity: +5%
                Spiritualist ethic attraction: +5%

# PROSTITUTION

> Prohibited 
            [Default]
            [Is not Materialist]
            Effect:
                None

> Authorized
            [Default for Materialist]
            [Is not Spiritualist]
            Effect:            
                Unrest: -2.5%

> Supported
            [Is not Spiritualist]
            Effect:
                Materialist ethic attraction: +2.5%

> Industrialized
            [Is Materialist or Egalitarian]
            [Has "Prostitution Industry"]
            Effect:
                Energy: +5%
                Materialist ethic attraction: +5%

> Slavery
            [Has slavery allowed]
            [Has "Slave Market"]
            Effect:
                Non slave pop unrest: -10%
                Non slave pop happiness: -5%
                Slave pop happiness: -5%

# SEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS

> Controlled
            [Is Authoritarian]
            [Is not Pacifist]
            Effect:
                Energy/Mineral/Research output: +25%
                Unrest: +10%
                Pop happiness: -25%
                Pop growth: -50%

> Restricted
            [Is not Egalitarian]
            Effect:
                Energy/Mineral/Research output: +10%
                Pop growth: -25%

> Authorized
            [Default]
            Effect:
                None

> Encouraged
            Effect:
                Energy/Mineral/Research output: -10%
                Pop growth: +25%

> Reinforced
            [Has "Repopulation Effort"]
            Effect:
                Energy/Mineral/Research output: -25%
                Unrest: -10%
                Pop happiness: +10%
                Pop growth: +50%

# INTERSPECIES COPULATION

> Prohibited 
            [Default]
            [Is not Xenophile]
            Effect:
                None

> Authorized
            [Default for Xenophile]
            [Is not Xenophobe]
            Effect:
                Thrust growth: +2.5%

> Encouraged 
            [Is not Xenophobe]
            Effect:
                Thrust growth: +5%
                Xenophile ethic attraction: +2.5%

> Supported Reproduction
            [Is not Xenophobe]
            [Has "Interspecies Reproduction"]
            [Has species with "Xeno Reproduction" trait]
            Effect:
                Pop Growth: +10% (Will be replaced with a related event at some point)
                Thrust growth: +10%
                Xenophile ethic attraction: +5%

The only trait I currently have added in Massa is the tentacle lifeform trait. Its subject to change though as I'm no longer using it for what I had originally intended.

I've also been toying around with making something similar to your 'Need to Breed' trait, only way tuned downed and geared to meet some of my specific needs.

@theman221 Do you have some kind of futa trait in your mod?

Uncanny. Those are very similar to what I had been planning on adding as a feature with my government types.

19 hours ago, Raana said:

Uncanny. Those are very similar to what I had been planning on adding as a feature with my government types.

Strange indeed, but note that I posted this on SSM discord last Tuesday. So, in case you're wondering if I "copied" what you had plan, it's not the case as you posted your ideas last friday. ;) 

14 hours ago, theman221 said:

Yea I should touchbase with @mk40 aswell because I just noticed the last government ethic states that it requires a interspecies reproduction trait so we should check to make sure there isn't too much overlap

Hence why we should all work together on a single modpack, because we're starting to overlap with similar features. :tongue: 

And it might become difficult to work with compatibility patchs if we have multiple similar ideas in different mods.

Anyway, concerning the interspecies reproduction trait, let me explain what I plan to do:
Note that the trait will be only available via a tech research, it won't be selectable from the empire creation. First, you'll have to complete the "Gene Tailoring" research in order to allow the "Interspecies Reproduction" tech to appear. When researched it will unlock a new trait "Xeno Reproduction" (or maybe "Adaptive Reproductive Organs", I'm not 100% sure about the name yet) and a new option "Supported Reproduction" under Interspecies Copulation policy. In order to allow "Supported Reproduction", you'll have to modify at least one pop with the "Xeno Reproduction" trait. For the moment, "Supported Reproduction" will only gives a flat buffs, but I plan to do an event that will create a additional xeno pops each x months or so at some point.

On a side note, here's the icon that will be used for Interspecies Reproduction tech:
image.png.611b7d07e83d70820d63fea712496803.png

Though, I'm not entirely sure about the trait icon yet. But I got some ideas that could works, I just need to see what will fit the best.

1 hour ago, mk40 said:

Hence why we should all work together on a single modpack, because we're starting to overlap with similar features. :tongue: 

Anyway, concerning the interspecies reproduction trait, let me explain what I plan to do:
Note that the trait will be only available via a tech research, it won't be selectable from the empire creation. First, you'll have to complete the "Gene Tailoring" research in order to allow the "Interspecies Reproduction" tech to appear. When researched it will unlock a new trait "Xeno Reproduction" (or maybe "Adaptive Reproductive Organs", I'm not 100% sure about the name yet) and a new option "Supported Reproduction" under Interspecies Copulation policy. In order to allow "Supported Reproduction", you'll have to modify at least one pop with the "Xeno Reproduction" trait. For the moment, "Supported Reproduction" will only gives a flat buffs, but I plan to do an event that will create a additional xeno pops each x months or so at some point.

On a side note, here's the icon that will be used for Interspecies Reproduction tech:
image.png.611b7d07e83d70820d63fea712496803.png

Though, I'm not entirely sure about the trait icon yet. But I got some ideas that could works, I just need to see what will fit the best.

Ah ok, thats quite different from what I'm doing, it might be interesting if we worked on cross compatibility (not hard requirements but maybe some bonus effects from the policy you have if traits from my mod are used?), the traits I have don't need to be researched and each type of interbreeding has 2 traits but heres whats completed at the moment:

BIOMECHANICAL BREEDERS (Completed):

Spoiler

Technology has allowed for the creation of robotic sperm using both nano technology and biological DNA. This allows robotic pops impregnate biological pops creating new robots with both biological and artificial material.

-Biomechanical breeders: will gain the ability to breed with biological species increasing robot build speed if there are other biological pops on the same planet (if there are no other biological species new robot pops cannot be built) but will reduce the reproduction speed and happiness of other biological species especially spiritual ones.

-Biologically optimized wombs: biological pops with wombs optimized for biomechanical breeding so will recieve a happiness and growth boost if there is a robot pop with the biomechanical breeder trait and a fall in pop growth speed if there are no other mechanical pops since their wombs are no longer optimized for carrying non robotic species.

BROOD PARASITE (complete):

Spoiler

A species that needs the wombs or other orifice of biological pops to incubate their young.

-Brood parasite: will need other biological pops and will not grow if there are no other species on the planet. They will lead to a fall in happiness and reproduction speed of other species. Xenophobic pops will gain a smaller reduction in reproduction speed then non xenophobes but will receive a higher drop in happiness (since they will likely try to avoid getting impregnated by a brood parasite) . Xenophiles will receive a larger decrease in reproduction speed (since they will likely invite being impregnated by a brood parasite) but will have a higher increase in happiness.

-Artificial brood host: a robot trait that will allow brood parasites to incubate their young without the need of another biological species.

INTERCOMPATIBLE (40%):

Spoiler

Intercompatible wombs: An all female species that will need other biological males to impregnate them (unlike the asari they actually need the biological material of male seamen). They will give birth to both females of their own species and males of the father species. This gives a boost in pop growth speed of their own species and all others on the planet (a smaller boost).

Intercompatible sperm: An all male species that needs the wombs of other biological females to impregnate them (unlike a brood host they need the egg cells of other female pops). They only give birth to males of their own species. This leads to a big boost in pop growth of their own species but a fall in all other species growth speed and a rise in happiness of xenophiles and aflal for xenophobes. But if there are species with intercompatible wombs the effects of growth penalties are greatly reduced.

(I'm going to try and implement this today): There is a chance each year that an entirely new hybrid species is created with randomized traits.

COMPANION (Not started):

Spoiler

Two species that rely on eachother from breeding and cannot breed with other species (exact features are going to be expanded on).

Companion carrier: The species that carries the children of its companian species

Companion impregnator: The species that impregnates its companion carriers.

Yeah, it could be interesting.

For Brood Parasite, I could add a "Parasitic" option under Interspecies Copulation policy that will be available only if your species have Brood Parasite trait and it will also lock the other options. Intercompatible could simply prevent the Interspecies Reproduction tech from appearing I suppose. 

Not sure what to do about Biomechanical though... 

Well, this is something we'll have to see in detail when my polices will be implemented to MASSA. I have yet to write the policies file, as I said on discord, I won't be able to work alot on it this week. Plus I have to work on the new techs and new buildings that will come along side the new policies, so it's far from being ready.

2 minutes ago, mk40 said:

Yeah, it could be interesting.

For Brood Parasite, I could add a "Parasitic" option under Interspecies Copulation policy that will be available only if your species have Brood Parasite trait and it will also lock the other options. Intercompatible could simply prevent the Interspecies Reproduction tech from appearing I suppose. 

Not sure what to do about Biomechanical though... 

Well, this is something we'll have to see in detail when my polices will be implemented to MASSA. I have yet to write the policies file, as I said on discord, I won't be able to work alot on it this week, so it's far from being ready.

Yea theres no rush, If i need to code anything in my events for adding modifiers to make it compatible with the policies you're setting up just tell me and I will add it! For biomechanical maybe you can make a policy focusing on technological transcendence that encourages breeding with robots? 

16 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Yea theres no rush, If i need to code anything in my events for adding modifiers to make it compatible with the policies you're setting up just tell me and I will add it!

Sure, I'll keep you informed.

16 minutes ago, theman221 said:

For biomechanical maybe you can make a policy focusing on technological transcendence that encourages breeding with robots? 

I suppose, yeah.

Archived