Requiem v4.0.2 for SSE (incl. AE) Conversion Guide for Mod Organizer

I just want to give a shout out to @Climbatiz and @Raziara for this thread, all their help, and posting their load orders.  Special thanks to Raziara who went above and beyond to help me out with this and get me back to playing the game.

I'm going to post my load order here, so anyone who comes along later can have a few different LOs to look at (Climbatiz's and Raziara's are a few posts above this one).  I really hope this in some way helps out someone, to see what mods (including several converted LE mods which are not available for SE) can run along side the converted Requiem for a great immersive experience!!!

(I would like to do more to repay the community, but I hope this helps someone in some small way)

Now I'm off to play Requiem with the character I have been thinking about for a few years now (seriously) -- Valen Dreth.  That's right, he escaped the Imperial City dungeon and the Champion of Cyrodiils' assassination attempt (or was that just a dream?...).  Valen Dreth has been living quietly in Skyrim for the past 200 years, but now, as death approaches; is desperately seeking someway to extend his life ..........

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
RequiemNamesFix.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
Apachii_DivineEleganceStore.esm
SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
WhiterunHoldForest.esp
WM Flora Fixes.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp
S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
SkyUI_SE.esp
SkyHUD.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
TES Music - Oblivion and Morrrowind Soundtrack.esp
TerrainLodRedone.esp
Veydosebrom - Grasses and Groundcover.esp
MajesticMountains.esp
Real Roads.esp
CC'sEnhancedOreVeinsSSE-HearthfirePatch.esp
DustEffectsSSE.esp
Realistic Haircolors.esp
CL BarrelsCratesChests.esp
Potions.esp
EnneadSeptims.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
HothFollower.esp
BottlesOfSkyrim.esp
InigoPerkPointGiver.esp
ogSplendorDragons.esp
Apophysis_DPM_SE.esp
Skysan_Icicle.esp
Obsidian Weathers.esp
Settlements Expanded SE.esp
Height Adjusted Races with True Giants.esp
BirdsOfSkyrim_SSE.esp
Man Those Borders!.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Diversity - An NPC Overhaul.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
The Ruins.esp
Point The Way.esp
SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp
BirdsAndFlocks_SSE.esp
Oblivion Gates Remade.esp
Tel Mithryn.esp
Raven Rock.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Dawnstar.esp
MajesticMountains_Moss.esp
Overstead.esp
Skaal Village.esp
Randomized Word Walls.esp
Shor's Stone.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
TKAA.esp
Skyshards.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
Ivarstead.esp
frozenintime.esp
Kynesgrove.esp
Karthwasten.esp
Northern Marsh Bridges SE.esp
Rorikstead.esp
Dragon Bridge.esp
Settlements Expanded SE - Lanterns of Skyrim Patch.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
OldHroldanRuins.esp
Oblivion Gates in Cities.esp
Settlements Expanded SE TKAA Patch.esp
Cutting Room Floor TKAA Patch.esp
FireBurns.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
UNP Vanilla Outfits.esp
CommonClothes.esp
Shiva's Vanilla Clothing Replacer.esp
Apachii_DivineEleganceStore_Patch.esp
Elemental_Staffs.esp
MasterArchmagesRobes.esp
ForgottenCity.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
DragonRemains_SSE.esp
LessDragons25.esp
UnreadBooksGlow.esp
No NPC Greetings.esp
Realistic-Voice.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
Oblivion Gates Remade - Map Markers.esp
Whistle.esp
TESGLoadingScreens.esp
Race Scale Remover.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
Audio Overhaul Skyrim.esp
Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp
Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Obsidian Weathers Patch.esp
Audio Overhaul Skyrim - Torches Ignite Oil Patch.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
more idle markers.esp
Darkwater Crossing.esp
Whistling Mine.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
TCIY_BCS Patch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives - BCS Patch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Alternate Start LAL TKAA Patch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp
Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.esp
RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp
XPMSSE.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
Audio Overhaul Skyrim - RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp
Requiem.esp
Requiem - Legendary Bugsmasher Edition.esp
KFR-Kryptopyr'sFixesReqtified.esp
COR-CraftingOverhaulReqtified.esp
Requiem - WM Flora Fixes.esp
Requiem - Restored Saving Messages.esp
RelightingSkyrim_SSE.esp
ELE_SSE.esp
Requiem - CACO.esp
Requiem - Cutting Room Floor.esp
Requiem - Hoth.esp
Requiem - Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp
Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp
Requiem - Improved Closefaced Helmets.esp
Requiem for the Indifferent.esp

comatosedragon, are you sure the mods you have "BottlesOfSkyrim.esp" and "Elemental_Staffs.esp" are actually being used in the final load order (Requiem for the Indifferent) ? i would recommend going through all your load order and making a new merged patch in SSEEdit which loads either right before or after Indifferent, i personally do the same which i've gone through every single thing that adds new content to make sure it's actually added and not overwritten by another mod

i'm currently gonna try out a new mod build with Requiem 2.0 + AZ Tweaks + Scarcity, i know AZTweaks hasn't been updated to 2.0 but i'll go through every record in SSEdit to change what needs to be changed, i really do like AZ Tweaks and can't wait for it to be updated officially to Requiem 2.0

1 hour ago, Climbatiz said:

comatosedragon, are you sure the mods you have "BottlesOfSkyrim.esp" and "Elemental_Staffs.esp" are actually being used in the final load order (Requiem for the Indifferent) ? i would recommend going through all your load order and making a new merged patch in SSEEdit which loads either right before or after Indifferent, i personally do the same which i've gone through every single thing that adds new content to make sure it's actually added and not overwritten by another mod

i'm currently gonna try out a new mod build with Requiem 2.0 + AZ Tweaks + Scarcity, i know AZTweaks hasn't been updated to 2.0 but i'll go through every record in SSEdit to change what needs to be changed, i really do like AZ Tweaks and can't wait for it to be updated officially to Requiem 2.0

Some of the bottles models and textures are being overwritten by Requiem (only like 3 or 4 if I remember correctly), I did catch that, but I have not looked at Elemental staffs yet.  I plan on making a TES5 merge after a few more hours of testing.  I actually forwarded the few changes from bottles directly to requiem, (bad modding practice; I know) But I'll be making a proper merge here soon.   Right now I'm on a mission to squash black face bug.  I'm trying the instructions from here:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10522/?tab=description

Ctrl+f4 method.  I probably shouldn't have added common clothes and apachiis clothing replacers .........  Half of skyrim is dark ...... lol

well... that took awile to troubleshoot, shortly after starting my AZ Tweaks game i CTD'd when coming near Whiterun, with so many mods it took awile to figure out which one was causing it, once i did i was curious as to what in it was the bug and now i've figured everything out hehe, in case any of you are using and/or upgrade to latest vesion (8.2) for "Qaxe's Questorium for SSE" then there is a bug with the Textures > FaceGenData in the mod, reverting back to 8.0 files fixes it ... just took about 6hrs to figure that out lol

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I'm trying to run the reqitifacator but it ends up getting stuck around 135/350 mods I have installs (not all esps, most merged.  following http://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE but then I ripped out Ordinator and dependencies).  Basically its stuck on VIGILANT -NPC for the import.  No idea why.  I've used smaller mod loads with no issues before...so is it memory? Mod? 

A few more hours of testing Requiem have led me to these odd script hiccups (if anyone can confirm or deny, that would be great):

Blessings : Shrine blessings seem to last real time, not game time :  that is to say a blessing that lasts 24 hours still has 19 hours left on it, after passing 3-4 days in game.

Lock-picking: I seem to be randomly awarded gems for lock-picking (seems like the mining script is firing on success, thus resulting in a chance at gems)

Neither is game breaking (well, the second one may become game-breaking after a while), I am just curious if others have noticed these behaviors or not.

22 hours ago, jamstraz said:

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I'm trying to run the reqitifacator but it ends up getting stuck around 135/350 mods I have installs (not all esps, most merged.  following http://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE but then I ripped out Ordinator and dependencies).  Basically its stuck on VIGILANT -NPC for the import.  No idea why.  I've used smaller mod loads with no issues before...so is it memory? Mod? 

Ok, I figured out my java was 32 bit...needed 64 but now it's complaining I have too many plugins despite merging.  Any way to disable that message and force it to go through so I don't have to disable plugins?

On 5/6/2018 at 7:30 AM, comatosedragon said:

A few more hours of testing Requiem have led me to these odd script hiccups (if anyone can confirm or deny, that would be great):

Blessings : Shrine blessings seem to last real time, not game time :  that is to say a blessing that lasts 24 hours still has 19 hours left on it, after passing 3-4 days in game.

Lock-picking: I seem to be randomly awarded gems for lock-picking (seems like the mining script is firing on success, thus resulting in a chance at gems)

Neither is game breaking (well, the second one may become game-breaking after a while), I am just curious if others have noticed these behaviors or not.

The blessings duration is intended and has nothing to do with scripts. Duration for spell effects are always in real time, unless it's applied with a script instead of a magic effect (in which case, it won't show up in active effects.) The gems from lockpicking is not intended, and I haven't had it happen in my game. 

On 5/6/2018 at 1:18 PM, jamstraz said:

Ok, I figured out my java was 32 bit...needed 64 but now it's complaining I have too many plugins despite merging.  Any way to disable that message and force it to go through so I don't have to disable plugins?

Do you still have over 255 plugins after merging? Check if the mod index of your last plugin is FF. As far as I know, there isn't a way to disable that message. You might just have to trim down your load order. 

btw i doubt you guys are experiencing this but i can't seem to use latest SKSE and Skyrim SSE version with my current load order, it's probably some Oldrim file or whatever messing it up, i just wonder if you guys had any problems using latest versions of those? i currently am just running older SKSE and Skyrim exe while i'm too lazy to troubleshoot the error

7 hours ago, Climbatiz said:

btw i doubt you guys are experiencing this but i can't seem to use latest SKSE and Skyrim SSE version with my current load order, it's probably some Oldrim file or whatever messing it up, i just wonder if you guys had any problems using latest versions of those? i currently am just running older SKSE and Skyrim exe while i'm too lazy to troubleshoot the error

I am using the latest version of the exe, as well as the latest version of SKSE.  [1.5.39 & 2.07]

10 hours ago, Raziara said:

The blessings duration is intended and has nothing to do with scripts.

I did not realize these blessings lasted so long.  I am up to 6 days (game time) and still have the blessing from the start of the game.  That's kind of cool to know it works like that, actually.  Thanks!

(An errant script from Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade was causing the gem on lock-picking issue.)

LittleDragon, basicly same steps as the Requiem v2.0 guide, that guide works for all oldrim mods, so do the CK part and i don't really know if Esmifying is nessicary (as i actually usually skip both steps, but i know Raziara says to do it, it's probaby safer bug wise but i'm willing to take the risk hehe

20 minutes ago, Climbatiz said:

LittleDragon, basicly same steps as the Requiem v2.0 guide, that guide works for all oldrim mods, so do the CK part and i don't really know if Esmifying is nessicary (as i actually usually skip both steps, but i know Raziara says to do it, it's probaby safer bug wise but i'm willing to take the risk hehe

Did everything in accordance with the guide, but the dragonborn content just isn't there. I talk to the ship captain and he doesn't have any dialogue; like a generic nameless NPC he just says "Yes?". I placed the .esp below Requiem and above ELFX at the bottom of the load order. Requiem content works fine mind you, didn't need to test it very much as I died to a couple mudcrabs.. which can only happen in Requiem. Lol.

So it appears that Requiem 2.0 "blocks" DB content, is there any way to unblock it?

i haven't tried taking the ship to Solstheim from Skyrim, once cuz of Frostfall i froze to death and woke up in Ravenrock, then with The People Of Skyrim mod there's a dungeon gateway between Skyrim and Solstheim (although in a newer update that dungeon is locked with the key being on Ravenrock (although can always unlock it with console commands plus with console commands you can just teleport to ravenrock with the "coc" command (Ravenrock is "DLC2RavenRock01")) and then i know the ship back to Skyrim is accessible on the Solstheim end

or you could look through Fozar's mod in SSEEdit and see if the Indifferent mod is changing anything about that (i'll post this post now but i'm gonna look at this mod cuz i want it in my load order), will edit this post or post after you if i find the fix

*edit* : one thing to note is to delete the Perk entry "REQ_MechanicsPerk_Combat_ArrowProtection", as that perk information is old to the new Arrow system in Requiem v2.0, also there's a few errors in the file so use "Check Errors" in SSEEdit and remove those entries (can skip weapon Critical Data errors)

anyways, the block from Skyrim to Solstheim is not in Fozar's esp file, must either then be in Requiem's esp or a script, might check it again ingame to look for more info

*edit 2* okie dokie, so to be able to take the boat from Windhelm to Solstheim you need to edit Requiem.esp entry "Global \ 0402ADD5 <DLC2RRGjalundInit>" and change the FLTV value to 0, now the dialogue to use the boat will appear again

16 hours ago, Climbatiz said:

i haven't tried taking the ship to Solstheim from Skyrim, once cuz of Frostfall i froze to death and woke up in Ravenrock, then with The People Of Skyrim mod there's a dungeon gateway between Skyrim and Solstheim (although in a newer update that dungeon is locked with the key being on Ravenrock (although can always unlock it with console commands plus with console commands you can just teleport to ravenrock with the "coc" command (Ravenrock is "DLC2RavenRock01")) and then i know the ship back to Skyrim is accessible on the Solstheim end

or you could look through Fozar's mod in SSEEdit and see if the Indifferent mod is changing anything about that (i'll post this post now but i'm gonna look at this mod cuz i want it in my load order), will edit this post or post after you if i find the fix

*edit* : one thing to note is to delete the Perk entry "REQ_MechanicsPerk_Combat_ArrowProtection", as that perk information is old to the new Arrow system in Requiem v2.0, also there's a few errors in the file so use "Check Errors" in SSEEdit and remove those entries (can skip weapon Critical Data errors)

anyways, the block from Skyrim to Solstheim is not in Fozar's esp file, must either then be in Requiem's esp or a script, might check it again ingame to look for more info

*edit 2* okie dokie, so to be able to take the boat from Windhelm to Solstheim you need to edit Requiem.esp entry "Global \ 0402ADD5 <DLC2RRGjalundInit>" and change the FLTV value to 0, now the dialogue to use the boat will appear again

Would you mind uploading the modified file? or at least giving a step-by-step for how to change it? I'm a bit of a tard when it comes to the CK.

20 hours ago, Climbatiz said:

This still does not allow the Cultists to spawn.  I'm not sure where to find that.  But to be honest, I have not looked too hard yet.......

On 5/3/2018 at 1:16 PM, Raziara said:

... ?????

Weeeellll... I tried running LaL and just Requiem on my own installation, and it worked fine. I'm sending you a link to download my personally converted Requiem, including a "vanilla" requiem for the indifferent with the same load order as the one you posted last. That's my last option. If this doesn't work, I honestly don't know what else to do. 

Also, you should ESPify your unofficial patch back. Not that I really believe that has anything to do with this. 

I run both Interesting NPCs and Legacy of the dragonborn as well. 

When you run the reqtificator, make sure the box that say "make all mods masters" is ticked. It greatly speeds up the process. Otherwise, it sounds like your patcher is having issues with memory. I noticed it also runs faster or slower depending on how good your computer is (I upgraded my computer at once point), but the details of what exactly that effects aren't something I'm familiar with. 

Try it again and see if it resolves itself. You could also try adding the -REQMYMEMORY argument to the binary. Also, if you're using 32-bit Java, upgrade to 64-bit. 

Running java 64 bit fixed it, thanks.  Never realized I had 32 bit java as th ebinary.

Just an FYI:  I kept crashing with Requiem whenever I cm into an area with requiem guards.  Hiding the meshes facegen folder fixed it.  So I deleted the requiem.esp and skyrim.esm facegen folders from Requiem. loaded in creation kit, had it generate new facegen files (only created skyrim.esm folder) and no more crashes.  Worth a try.

Reqtificator is on the step 'Exporting Requiem for the Indifferent.esp' and is stuck at 0%. Any ideas on how to resolve it?

edit: I realized after running Fozar's through CK it dropped Requiem.esp as a master. I'm running it mostly out of the box now having only changed its USLEEP dependency to USSEP and Requiem for the Indifferent generated properly. Does anyone use Fozar's Dragonborn Patch? Will I have problems not having it converted to form 44?

5 hours ago, deliriouspanda said:

Reqtificator is on the step 'Exporting Requiem for the Indifferent.esp' and is stuck at 0%. Any ideas on how to resolve it?

edit: I realized after running Fozar's through CK it dropped Requiem.esp as a master. I'm running it mostly out of the box now having only changed its USLEEP dependency to USSEP and Requiem for the Indifferent generated properly. Does anyone use Fozar's Dragonborn Patch? Will I have problems not having it converted to form 44?

Couldn't scroll up a bit?

On 5/8/2018 at 10:48 AM, Peter1962 said:

Just an FYI:  I kept crashing with Requiem whenever I cm into an area with requiem guards.  Hiding the meshes facegen folder fixed it.  So I deleted the requiem.esp and skyrim.esm facegen folders from Requiem. loaded in creation kit, had it generate new facegen files (only created skyrim.esm folder) and no more crashes.  Worth a try.

Weird. The regenerated facegen data must not have written over the old ones. I'll add a step in the guide to delete the old data as a failsafe.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:59 AM, deliriouspanda said:

First problem: Have you tried running it again? Do you have 64-bit java? You're probably running into memory issues. The reqtificator was always kind of finnicky about this, even in Oldrim. 

Second problem: You need to ESMify Requiem.esp before you run Fozar's through the CK. Grab a new Oldrim esp to convert, trash the one without a master. 

Everything running great for around 40 hours now.... except:

I just got drunk for the first time.  I was over encumbered, so I drank 3 bottles of wine I had in my inventory to reduce weight.  I then slept for 24 straight hours to remove the drunk and hangover effects.  Problem is, everything is fine in first person -- but if I switch to third person, it's like I am still drunk -- screen swaying and my character is stumbling, and in fact unable to move at all.  Has anyone else experienced this, or know a fix for it?

(I tried waiting another 24 hours while in 3rd person, and the problem persists.  Yes, I am 100% sure I am not still being affected by alcohol.  Like I say, 1st person works fine)

i almost never drink alcohol because i use RND, btw if you are using Requiem 2.0 doesn't sleeping 24 hrs straight make you get that anticheat thingy they added where your Heal and Magicka Regen goes to 0% because you slept too long? (that feature wasn't working for me before cuz i think cuz of AZ Tweaks (which i know isn't fully supported in 2.0), but i took that out of my load order for my new build and now if i sleep too long my regen gets a hit)

comatosedragon, perhaps google for something about "image space modifiers", it should be about something like that, also found this oldrim mod about this >>> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88976

btw, Minor Arcana has been updated to Requiem 2.0 >>> https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90983

I didn't notice my heal or regen rates going down, but this is an animation problem, not an imagespace one.  My third person character is simply stuck in an inebriated state (I can see fine, all those visual effects have long wore off), unless I have a weapon drawn in first person, and switch to third person, it is fine.  But if I have no weapon and switch to third, my character is staggering and swaying as if still drunk, and unable to move at all.  I am about 3 days later in game time now, and the effect persists.  I don't really play in third person, but sometimes I like to just look at my character.  I'll continue searching for a fix for this.  For now, I'm going to move XPMSSE below Requiem and see if that has any effect.

3 hours ago, Climbatiz said:

comatosedragon, perhaps google for something about "image space modifiers", it should be about something like that

**EDIT** Console command  >>> player.playeridle idledrunkstop  fixed it