Requiem v4.0.2 for SSE (incl. AE) Conversion Guide for Mod Organizer

Did anyone notice an updated patch for the Fozar Dragonborn patch was placed on the Requiem Discord? I'm having a bit of trouble converting it to work with SSE. I went through and changed its USLEEP requirement to USSEP, ESMified all its masters, but I can't get it to load in CK to re-save it. The Loading Files bar reaches all the way to the end and then CK hard crashes. Any ideas why?

Guest mxvsh
12 hours ago, dark16sider said:

Can I play this with immersive weapons or do I need a patch or  should convert the patch ? For some reason I can't enter http://www.everplanet.tk/SkyrimSSE/ link can someone upload them.

You need a patch for it. Download the Requiem Patch Central 2.0 from here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61621/?.

Follow steps 2-4 in the guide on page 2 of this thread to convert the patch you want. Just remember that you need to use WryeBash to Esmify any masters of the plugin/patch you want to convert because the Creation Kit will not keep plugins as masters unless they are esms or flagged as master files.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:26 PM, mxvsh said:

Would this method work to fix weapon critical data for 2.0.2?

Climbatiz' server is down, so I can't access the script to check. If anyone has a copy, I could take a look.

On 7/22/2018 at 2:09 AM, cobme said:

Are there any major incompatibilities for Requiem? Any overhauls I should steer clear of, or SL mods\plugins?

I don't think there's anything major. Most just some damage rebalances necessary so your character doesn't die when they aren't supposed to. 

It will make your game very script-heavy, though. Might cause some problems. I don't personally use SL with Requiem, but I know there's some pre-existing information on these forums somewhere.

On 7/22/2018 at 11:59 AM, Noromyx said:

Did anyone notice an updated patch for the Fozar Dragonborn patch was placed on the Requiem Discord? I'm having a bit of trouble converting it to work with SSE. I went through and changed its USLEEP requirement to USSEP, ESMified all its masters, but I can't get it to load in CK to re-save it. The Loading Files bar reaches all the way to the end and then CK hard crashes. Any ideas why?

It crashes for me as well. It might be because its master (the original Fozar's) has a lot of null references, or it might be the way it was constructed. You could try using it without converting it if you really want it.

When I try to open Requiem - Legendary Bugsmasher edition in SSEEdit It says "An error has occured while loading the modules. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error" In the logs it just says  Background Loader: Fatal: The system cannot find the file specified>

Help please someone I really want to play this!

6 hours ago, Raziara said:

It crashes for me as well. It might be because its master (the original Fozar's) has a lot of null references, or it might be the way it was constructed. You could try using it without converting it if you really want it.

I wish. It crashes the game immediately after the Bethesda logo.

...What if I removed it as a master? I haven't futzed around with mod masters much but I imagine whatever Fozar2 changes would still overwrite the original Fozar, yes? Time to experiment.

Edit: Nope. Even after removing the original Fozar as a master the CK still crashes.

Guest mxvsh
18 hours ago, roninbydesign said:

does anyone have a link for the "Requiem v2.0.2 Setup already FULLY converted for SSE"I just discovered requiem and would looooove to get this going but the host website for these is down ? 

Mediafire link in the first post.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:18 PM, LizardSlurper said:

When I try to open Requiem - Legendary Bugsmasher edition in SSEEdit It says "An error has occured while loading the modules. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error" In the logs it just says  Background Loader: Fatal: The system cannot find the file specified>

Help please someone I really want to play this!

It sounds like you don't have one of its masters. Do you have Requiem.esp and Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp active in your load order? Double check that your unofficial patch has been renamed correctly.

Usually the error messages have more information, though. 

Guest mxvsh

Does anyone know why DNAM values (health, skills etc.) and AI Aggro values of certain NPC's differ from the original Requiem 2.0.2 ESP? Is CreationKit conversion messing with NPC data?

Examples of what I'm talking about: https://imgur.com/a/NPX4DuN

just writing to say my server (everplanet.tk) is back up, so leech away ;}

2 hours ago, mxvsh said:

Does anyone know why DNAM values (health, skills etc.) and AI Aggro values of certain NPC's differ from the original Requiem 2.0.2 ESP? Is CreationKit conversion messing with NPC data?

hmm... so this is Requiem.esp (original unconverted oldrim esp) vs RequiemComp.esp (converted to sse esp) ? ... did you convert the esp yourself or download from already converted? will look into it later

9 hours ago, mxvsh said:

hmm... so this is Requiem.esp (original unconverted oldrim esp) vs RequiemComp.esp (converted to sse esp) ? ... did you convert the esp yourself or download from already converted? will look into it later

On 7/29/2018 at 10:39 AM, killer666rus said:

This has been posted before, but does anyone have a completely done requiem SSE install? Vanilla or with other mods I don't care, it would be incredibly appreciated!

look at the first post to download full converted Requiemv2, you still need to read the V2 guide though so you don't get into any problems

Guest mxvsh
1 hour ago, Climbatiz said:

Requiem.esp is the converted SSE version while CompRequiem.esp is the original Oldrim version. I probably should have named it OrigRequiem.esp or something lol. Anyway, that converted ESP I'm using is from the mediafire download link you had up while your server was down. Also I'm not sure to what extent the data differs between the two ESP's because I only really skimmed through the NPC data while I was fixing errors in the converted ESP. There could be more discrepancies in other records.

4 hours ago, mxvsh said:

Requiem.esp is the converted SSE version while CompRequiem.esp is the original Oldrim version. I probably should have named it OrigRequiem.esp or something lol. Anyway, that converted ESP I'm using is from the mediafire download link you had up while your server was down. Also I'm not sure to what extent the data differs between the two ESP's because I only really skimmed through the NPC data while I was fixing errors in the converted ESP. There could be more discrepancies in other records.

okay, i checked it out, seems during the CK process the values for some NPC's gets changed, to fix this i used QuickChange xEdit script and restored the values for DNAM from the original Requiem esp, i've updated the full RequiemV2 file and for those that want here is the file as a single download "Requiem.esp"

btw, i got informed that the Legendary Bugsmasher file i provided in the Fully Converted RequiemV2 file was still form 43, i fixed it now, and it's all form 44, new people can dl the large pack otherwise if you already got the pack then you can dl the file HERE

Guest mxvsh
11 hours ago, Climbatiz said:

okay, i checked it out, seems during the CK process the values for some NPC's gets changed, to fix this i used QuickChange xEdit script and restored the values for DNAM from the original Requiem esp, i've updated the full RequiemV2 file and for those that want here is the file as a single download "Requiem.esp"

btw, i got informed that the Legendary Bugsmasher file i provided in the Fully Converted RequiemV2 file was still form 43, i fixed it now, and it's all form 44, new people can dl the large pack otherwise if you already got the pack then you can dl the file HERE

Great to hear, thanks for the fix! Did you happen to notice if there was any more incorrect data in other records? If not, I'll be happy to take a closer look to confirm that the correct data is being carried over after conversion.

21 hours ago, mxvsh said:

Great to hear, thanks for the fix! Did you happen to notice if there was any more incorrect data in other records? If not, I'll be happy to take a closer look to confirm that the correct data is being carried over after conversion.

Hey, yeah it seems a similar issue happens when the bugmasher is converted. I pretty much do the trick you did with xedit now for any mod I convert.

Guest mxvsh

I went and combed through the ESP's last night and lo and behold there was still a fair amount of wrong data added or changed in various records. The bulk of it was in base records for NPC's and it was a pain in the ass to go through but I think I got everything.

When converting to Form44, the CreationKit likes to change the FormID of base records unique to the respective ESP, so a record with the FormID 06023EBE becomes 05023EBE after conversion (for some reason it reduces the second digit in the FormID by one). This makes it difficult to check these records for any incorrect values because they don't show up side-by-side in the right pane of xEdit. Even automating with scripts is difficult because you can't see which data is wrong without checking manually first. 

(Disregard this, I'm a noob. I just figured out that when you use the "Compare to" function in xEdit, base records will show normally with correct FormID side-by-side. This would have made my life a lot easier if I had known that last night lol.)

It's not just Requiem ESP's either, any Oldrim ESP potentially has borked data after conversion. Based on what I've seen so far, the most issues arise with ESP's that have NPC data. So if you've been playing Minor Arcana Reborn converted with CreationKit like me, the NPC data for the ESP was completely fucked lol. 

I've included a bunch of the ESP's that I fixed in this post. I also made some edits directly to my Minor Arcana ESP a while ago to include Better Quest Objectives & Book Covers Skyrim changes. It wasn't a lot so you can check the records under Book and Quest in xEdit to change it back if you want.

Anyway, the issue going forward is going to be updates. Every time there is an update to Requiem, conversion with the CreationKit is going to be necessary and it's going to break a bunch of data again that will need to be checked manually and then fixed. Hopefully we can figure out a way to make it a little easier with scripts or something.

Make sure to run the Reqtificator after adding the ESP to your load order.

EDIT: Updated Requiem.esp & Requiem_Minor_Arcana.esp with more fixes. Pretty sure I got everything this time.

Requiem.esp [2.0.2]

Requiem - Legendary Bugsmasher Edition.esp [2.0.2]

Requiem - Cutting Room Floor SE.esp

Requiem - Inigo.esp 

Requiem_Minor_Arcana.esp [2.69]

mxvsh, can you list the records you copied (i assume with QuickChange) from the original files (Requiem.esp, Bugsmasher, Arcana), just list all the records (like NPC>DNAM records), so that i (or any1 else) can create a xEdit script that can be run that copies all info from original esps to converted ones, like a general script that works for any mod

btw i'm no expert when it comes to making xEdit scripts but i'll try

also, for those not logged into LL, can new dl Requiem.esp, Bugsmasher.esp and Full Requiem v2 here