Requiem v4.0.2 for SSE (incl. AE) Conversion Guide for Mod Organizer

Can't find the Requiem - Interesting NPCs patch.  I looked in all the files.  The only one available for Requiem LE was NRM Patches from 2015.  This was patched for Requiem 1.9.3.  So quite old, but better than nothing.  I guess I'll convert it myself if it is not on here.

Hi There

I really need some help please?

I downloaded REquiem 3.4 for SSE

I've followed all the instructions.

But I get this error? Requiem.esp is active and at the bottom of my load order

image.thumb.png.69aa7103297855ce9da3217b04d112c7.png

image.thumb.png.98b841e26a747695eb03f396844db90c.png

Its possible I made it load plugins.txt instead of loadorder.txt

How can I fix this? Please?

3 hours ago, JusticeZ said:

Hi There

I really need some help please?

I downloaded REquiem 3.4 for SSE

I've followed all the instructions.

But I get this error? Requiem.esp is active and at the bottom of my load order

Its possible I made it load plugins.txt instead of loadorder.txt

How can I fix this? Please?

missing Requiem.esp is usually cuz you selected Plugins not Loadorder, reset your overwrite directory and try again

13 hours ago, saltshade said:

"When the Reqtificator asks for "Skyrim.ini", direct it to your My Documents\My Games\ SSE folder"

Why the default folder and not the one for our MO2 profile?

honestly if you have profile specific ini's then yes, but i assume most people don't use that, the "guide" doesn't cover every conceivable setup, if YOU want to use the one in MO2 profile then go ahead

although it's possible that by selecting the one in MyDocuments will use the profile specific one anyway, since the file is loaded from there i presume, but who knows, it's not what most people will need and the default is good enough

9 hours ago, Climbatiz said:

honestly if you have profile specific ini's then yes, but i assume most people don't use that, the "guide" doesn't cover every conceivable setup, if YOU want to use the one in MO2 profile then go ahead

although it's possible that by selecting the one in MyDocuments will use the profile specific one anyway, since the file is loaded from there i presume, but who knows, it's not what most people will need and the default is good enough

Oh, I just went with what MO gave me. Didn't know you could change that.

Hello!

Sorry if this was already answered before, but from what I've gathered solutions that other proposed do not appear to work for me.

I have downloaded Requiem 3.4 and trying to run it with "Vortex" for SSE, but upon "Requification" this error appears: 

"The Reqtificator failed to determine the language of your Skyrim installation from your Skyrim.ini. Before you can continue, you must figure out why the language could not be read from the Skyrim.ini."

My Skyrim is in English, .ini itself is not set to "read only" and there are no spaces in the lines "sLanguage=English"

I'm not that familiar with modding nor am I too familiar with "Vortex" (Which i am using for modding Skyrim SE), so any help would be greatly appreciated.

16 hours ago, Stormtrooper546 said:

Hello!

Sorry if this was already answered before, but from what I've gathered solutions that other proposed do not appear to work for me.

I have downloaded Requiem 3.4 and trying to run it with "Vortex" for SSE, but upon "Requification" this error appears: 

"The Reqtificator failed to determine the language of your Skyrim installation from your Skyrim.ini. Before you can continue, you must figure out why the language could not be read from the Skyrim.ini."

My Skyrim is in English, .ini itself is not set to "read only" and there are no spaces in the lines "sLanguage=English"

I'm not that familiar with modding nor am I too familiar with "Vortex" (Which i am using for modding Skyrim SE), so any help would be greatly appreciated.

i heard that for Vortex you need to make dirs in MyDocuments and Appdata called Skyrim containing the files from the SSE folders, otherwise no support is provided for any mod manager for Requiem other than MO2, you should switch to that as it is much better than Vortex anyways

alternatively you can use the Legacy Reqtificator in 3.3+ and it should work normally for Vortex (just read the older setup with java installed)

1 hour ago, Climbatiz said:

i heard that for Vortex you need to make dirs in MyDocuments and Appdata called Skyrim containing the files from the SSE folders, otherwise no support is provided for any mod manager for Requiem other than MO2, you should switch to that as it is much better than Vortex anyways

alternatively you can use the Legacy Reqtificator in 3.3+ and it should work normally for Vortex (just read the older setup with java installed)

Oh,  thank you so much for the reply and suggestions! Will try all of that

5 hours ago, Climbatiz said:

Hm, after trying out all of the suggested options i seem to stumble upon a problem with the archives? 
Basically the Rectification that should be located in "SkyProc patches" isn't there, but instead is in the "Data" folder itself. I have tried moving files around but all that results in the same error that says that i need to use the file that isn't in the right folder. 
Same story with 3.3 and 3.4 archives

Halp xP

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, first off thanks for making this guide and giving us all the resources to get Requiem in SE! After watching Belmont Boy playing it I wanted to play so bad, and my hopes wouldve been dashed without this guide!

Anyway, Im most of the way through the process and have solved a lot of obstacles myself but I now have a Reqtificator error that I cant make any sense of. Here is the text from the error:

"The patch generation failed because there is an invalid form reference in your mods!

FormId not found: AD3A7FRequiem.esp
expected types: NPC_, LVLN

This kind of error is not supposed to happen with released plugins. In case you modified plugins yourself, please revert them to their original state and run the patcher again."

I have no idea what this means or what the problem even is.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me and please tell me if I need to post my load order or other context information about my problem.

Thanks again, Im new at this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, great guide but I have one hangup. I'm on the part about changing values in the CreationKit.ini and neither of the lines in the guide I am supposed to change are present in the file. Please advise. This guide is the only reason I want to play SkyrimVR because I love Requiem, it basically IS Skyrim to me. Thanks ahead of time for your response.

On 5/27/2020 at 11:13 AM, Climbatiz said:

missing Requiem.esp is usually cuz you selected Plugins not Loadorder, reset your overwrite directory and try again

I'm havig the same issue, but I've never had the option to select loadorder or plugins.txt

::edit I should add that my overwrite is empty.

A bit of advice to anyone who is about to make the same mistake I did: do NOT clean Requiem Records Fix.esp. I'm not sure why, but SSEEdit identifies literally 97% of the plugin as "identical to master" and wipes it out. This results in doors being randomly inaccessible and NPCs unable to be interacted with.

Hi there, im trying to play REQUIEM with a few essential mods, but at the beginning of the game, at the entrance to the town, the game hangs out without passing the entrance doors. Im sure it happens due to an incompatibility from the mod list.

First of all, I installed REQUIEM 3.4 with MO2 as the install instructions at first page. Then, I installed other mods, and at final I run Reqtificator for generate the "requiem for the indifferent". Ultimately, run LOOT.

bYTthQs.png

Any help please? should i remove the others mods for get it to work properly?

CHEERS!

So, a new version of Requiem dropped. This is the first time this happened since I started using it, so how long does it usually take before all the patches are updated and converted to SSE? Or will they not be? The Moonpath patch hasn't been updated since 3.0.2.

Hey everyone, curious if anyone has tried using Requiem in VR. There's some reddit threads out there but they're all pretty old. There's been updates to Requiem and a lot of work done on SSE conversion since then. The process seems to involve a lot of copying files back and forth between SSE and VR. I'm going to give this a shot but I was just wondering if anyone here has any insight before I start. Also I'll update on whatever degree of success I have if anyone's interested.

For those people who want to install Requiem 4.0.1 with Vortex, the following worked for me:

1. Follow all instructions down to the part where you're ready to run the Reqtificator.bat.

2. Copy and paste the 'Documents/My Games/Skyrim Special Edition' folder as 'Skyrim' in the same place.

3. Go to your hidden AppData/Local folder inside your Windows user directory (C:/Windows/users/XXXX/). Copy the SSE folder as Skyrim here as well.

4. Open the 'Skyrim' folder you just made in AppData/Local and delete plugins.txt. Rename loadorder.txt as plugins.txt.

5. Open the new plugins.txt. Remove any entries that correspond to un-loaded plugins. You may need to also remove any .esl plugins if it chokes on those later.

6. Run Reqtificator.bat. If necessary, show it to the appropriate files in the dummy 'Skyrim' directories you made when prompted.

Hope this is helpful. Vortex has worked well for me overall, but this was somewhat of an annoying process to figure out.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, strexze said:

does anyone have requiem better vampire patch ?? whelp *nvm its ez to port*

I haven't got the foggiest idea how mods or their patches are made, so if anyone's had got an Idiotproof guide or a premade patch for 3.4 and Better Vampire, i'd be really happy.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:48 PM, Climbatiz said:

no, %localappdata%" goes to your AppData/Local directory, not My Documents, copy the %localappdata% text and paste it into your explorer window, it´ll take you to that folder

also you are obviously not suppost to delete any directory with the name "Skyrim Special Edition", only delete (backup) folders called "Skyrim"

Why don't you just say user/appdata/local? That's the directory you're referring to. I agree that it's easier to find with %localappdata% but it's a confusing term to use since everyone here isn't a windows geek.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, mirnooko said:

I'm having a problem with this message:

image.png.2cc2342bc543b76274b19d2e4a7980d1.png

My mod list is quite extensive but I can't find MergedKeywordConfig.log file anywhere. Where is it supposted to be?

I also cannot find the MergedKeywordConfig.log anywhere, but that's to be expected with an unofficial conversion, especially of this scale. I am grateful for it nonetheless.

However, I could swear I know what is causing at least this one error for you. I bet you have Fozar's "Requiem - Dragonborn Patch" and are trying this with the already converted 4.0.1 version. It's not gonna work (current version of that mod is for 3.4.x Requiem) unless there's an easy fix to the .conf file in "SkyProc Patchers\Requiem\Data" folder (that 9B933D is apparently a form id from the old version of Requiem for physical spell damage, I don't even know if the new 4.x Requiem has the same system, if so, I don't even know if redirecting it to the new form id would be the only thing needed). You'll simply have to wait for the modder to update it. Or do it yourself if you have the knowledge, of course. Or go for the older 3.4.x version of Requiem.

For the moment, if you want to stick with 4.x, give up the Dragonborn DLC. From my understanding, it should be possible to add Fozar's patch mid-game, under certain circumstances.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:11 AM, saltshade said:

Why don't you just say user/appdata/local? That's the directory you're referring to. I agree that it's easier to find with %localappdata% but it's a confusing term to use since everyone here isn't a windows geek.

okok, just trying to teach people something, if ppl are too lazy to figure out the nice trick of going to %localappdata% instead of manually, anyways, i fixed the instructions

On 7/14/2020 at 5:43 AM, saltshade said:

Will you update the patches to Requiem 4.x, and do some of them still work? I was mainly interested in R-MAR.

i don't maintain the patches myself, try asking on Requiem Discord, or lilmoefow's link he is pretty uptodate releasing patches