Requiem v4.0.2 for SSE (incl. AE) Conversion Guide for Mod Organizer

Howdy!  Thanks for this thread - I think I have Requiem 4.0.1 up and running on SSE using the "Requiem v4.0.1 for SSE (FULL SETUP) (FOMOD) (thanks to lilmoefow)" link and MO2. I had no install errors during install when using the OP's instructions and this link.

However, while in game, I'm see a message telling me to open my inventory or magic screen to install Requiem, and opening these screens (i and p keys, or via TAB) does nothing for me. I've seen dialogs pop up in Youtube videos and I'm def not seeing those. And the reminder to open these screens to install keeps popping up every minute or so :(

What am I missing? How can I install Requiem in game?

On 7/18/2020 at 10:53 AM, zerotron said:

i am not expert but in my case making sure that in mod organizer, in both windows requiem was the bottom of the list helped in case.image.png.557d46a645f59bd2f22e8f91321cc7cb.png

On 7/18/2020 at 9:53 AM, zerotron said:

Howdy!  Thanks for this thread - I think I have Requiem 4.0.1 up and running on SSE using the "Requiem v4.0.1 for SSE (FULL SETUP) (FOMOD) (thanks to lilmoefow)" link and MO2. I had no install errors during install when using the OP's instructions and this link.

However, while in game, I'm see a message telling me to open my inventory or magic screen to install Requiem, and opening these screens (i and p keys, or via TAB) does nothing for me. I've seen dialogs pop up in Youtube videos and I'm def not seeing those. And the reminder to open these screens to install keeps popping up every minute or so :(

When you open those tabs it indeed starts requiem. It is a bug on your game I think. I used the same dropbox and it worked.

I did find a minor problem, requiem requires me 3 mods that are for skyrim legacy. Is this normal? I ignored those but I didnt play legacy with requiem in a long time and I dont know how it affects or if i need to do anything different. I did install the crash fixes from the post from lilmoefow.

I found an amazing solution for the 254+ plugin issue. Since loadorder.txt won't register inactive plugins disabling won't work, but you can still block mods from the reqtificator like in LE. Once you get the reqtificator running, there will be a file in overwrite\SkyProc Patchers\Requiem\Files called BlockList.txt. Just add all plugins not containing NPCs or items to that file and it will do the magic for you, and you'll never have to worry about it again unless you install a lot of mods. Took me only a few seconds to finish running the reqtificator.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:12 PM, saltshade said:

Regarding the warning about crash fixes and similar mods, is it enough to install crash fixes from SSE Nexus and disable the warnings? Have anyone encountered a lot of bugs with Requiem?

I have 56 hours in SE Requiem 4.0.1, a very minimalist load order (The unofficial patch for SE, Cutting Room Floor, SMIM are the only big ones + give or take 5 small UI/QoL mods), using both "SSE Engine Fixes" (requires "Address Library for SKSE Plugins" mod) and "Bug Fixes SSE" (requires ".NET Script Framework" mod) and it's running great.

The warning screen at every load is not updated at all for SE (therefore it can't even detect the alternatives), luckily I found someone (I don't remember your name, sorry; you rock, though!) somewhere (probably here or on nexus) recommending these 2 bug fixes mods together. Looked through configs/inis for both, left everything at default.

Encountered about 5 CTDs on entering/exiting locations after long sessions. Restarting the game/pc was the only thing ever needed.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:10 PM, thugpin said:

I have 56 hours in SE Requiem 4.0.1, a very minimalist load order (The unofficial patch for SE, Cutting Room Floor, SMIM are the only big ones + give or take 5 small UI/QoL mods), using both "SSE Engine Fixes" (requires "Address Library for SKSE Plugins" mod) and "Bug Fixes SSE" (requires ".NET Script Framework" mod) and it's running great.

The warning screen at every load is not updated at all for SE (therefore it can't even detect the alternatives), luckily I found someone (I don't remember your name, sorry; you rock, though!) somewhere (probably here or on nexus) recommending these 2 bug fixes mods together. Looked through configs/inis for both, left everything at default.

Encountered about 5 CTDs on entering/exiting locations after long sessions. Restarting the game/pc was the only thing ever needed.

goto Requiem MCM Debug menu and you can disable the warning message

On 8/7/2020 at 1:10 AM, thugpin said:

With SSE Engine Fixes installed: • Couldn't load EngineFixes.dll ((Part 1) Engine Fixes). A dependency DLL could not be found (code 126). Note that I have Address Library and it works for other mods I have.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, mirnooko said:

I'm having a problem with this message:

image.png.2cc2342bc543b76274b19d2e4a7980d1.png

My mod list is quite extensive but I can't find MergedKeywordConfig.log file anywhere. Where is it supposted to be?

Getting this as well. Disabling the Dragonborn patch doesn't fix it. Also can't find any other mods installed with references to Requiem (I've a short list of mods).

On 7/31/2020 at 10:43 PM, saltshade said:

there will be a file in overwrite\SkyProc Patchers\Requiem\Files called BlockList.txt. Just add all plugins not containing NPCs or items to that file and it will do the magic for you, and you'll never have to worry about it again unless you install a lot of mods. Took me only a few seconds to finish running the reqtificator.

That file doesn't exist for me. Was hoping it'd help me fix the issue above.

EDIT: Fixed it by removing the inactive dragonborn patch esp from the load order :V

20 hours ago, Climbatiz said:

goto Requiem MCM Debug menu and you can disable the warning message

Yes, I have already done that, should have mentioned it. I was only sharing my experience for @saltshade, confirming that these bug fixes should be enough.

13 hours ago, saltshade said:

With SSE Engine Fixes installed: • Couldn't load EngineFixes.dll ((Part 1) Engine Fixes). A dependency DLL could not be found (code 126). Note that I have Address Library and it works for other mods I have.

Check the installation instructions on the mod page, I remember copying Part 1 directly myself (and Part 2 *must* be copied manually). Maybe also see if you have the right version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 (it's under "Requirements - Off-site" on the mod page), not having redists can cause such errors (that dependency DLL error does hint at this). Apart from that just double check if every file is copied, can't think of anything else.

8 hours ago, RoyBread said:

That file doesn't exist for me. Was hoping it'd help me fix the issue above.

EDIT: Fixed it by removing the inactive dragonborn patch esp from the load order :V

The blocklist file gets created the first time Reqtificator runs *successfully*. It also has a mandatory "==MOD BLOCKS==" on the 1st line of the file. This caught me off guard trying to just make it myself. If you have it now, you can just put 1 mod per line and it gets ignored, which of course has the same effect.

Anything that is in the loadorder file gets read by Reqtificator, unless it's also on the blocklist, so just disabling a mod in your mod manager might not work, the part that matters is if it's there in the loadorder or not. ;) 

2 hours ago, thugpin said:

Check the installation instructions on the mod page, I remember copying Part 1 directly myself (and Part 2 *must* be copied manually). Maybe also see if you have the right version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 (it's under "Requirements - Off-site" on the mod page), not having redists can cause such errors (that dependency DLL error does hint at this). Apart from that just double check if every file is copied, can't think of anything else.

I had missed the info about part 2, and it worked after I installed it, but only after disabling Crash Fixes. It seems you can't run both at the same time. Maybe they do the same thing *shrugs*. At least I have some kind of crash fix installed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Faithful32 said:

tra.PNG.1b271ab5801c58cc2768ce65bea107f4.PNG

This issue is unique with sexlab based mods only for some reason, not sure what to do about it

Nvm, I'm a retard, found the problem; I deleted Skyrim folder in my Local appdata- but it came back later, so I had to delete it again. Oh well, problem solved!

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody offer some assistance here.  Just installed a new mod list with Requiem.  When running the Reqtificator, i keep getting errors. 

The Reqtificator has been unable to import the mod Expressive Facegen Morphs.esp, which seems to be corrupt. Please remove this mod from your load order or try to figure out what is wrong with this plugin.

Alternatively you can also skip importing this mod by putting it into the SkyProc Patchers\\Requiem\\Files\\Blocklist.txt if no other mod in your load order depends on it. Please note that this means that the content will not be patched, so it might be unbalanced.

I've created the Files folder and added the mod to the blocklist.txt and it just keep repeating the same error.  i've disabled the mod and it happened again with Amorous Adventures, added that to blocklist still didn't work.  There are a couple other mods too with same results.  Just can't get the blocklist to actually work for some reason.

I'm no expert on Requiem (I'm trying to install it myself and came here for research!), however I can say you shouldn't need to create a Files folder.  If you are using MO2, you should find a SkyProc Patchers folder in your Overwrite folder.  Drill down this folder and you should find the Blocklist.txt file you need.

Hey guys, if anyone can help me get the Reqtificator working that would be awesome. I followed the instructions for adding the Reqtificator to MO2 exactly, however when attempting to patch I get the following error "thrown Exception: java.lang.Exception: This patcher requires the following mods, please add them to your load order:
Requiem.esp" Which is really weird because I see it in the load order. Is this a common issue? I can't seem to find any FAQ's or updated instructions that account for this error. Does it still work on the latest SSE? 

EDIT: also not being prompted for location of Skyrim.ini or Plugins.txt.

39 minutes ago, shmalls said:

Hey guys, if anyone can help me get the Reqtificator working that would be awesome. I followed the instructions for adding the Reqtificator to MO2 exactly, however when attempting to patch I get the following error "thrown Exception: java.lang.Exception: This patcher requires the following mods, please add them to your load order:
Requiem.esp" Which is really weird because I see it in the load order. Is this a common issue? I can't seem to find any FAQ's or updated instructions that account for this error. Does it still work on the latest SSE? 

Okay just resolved my issue through luckily finding the location of some files that were not identified in the guide on page 1. First of all, the guide on page 1 says it's the instructions for MO2 but that's just straight up wrong, which is why I was so confused. If you follow the instructions on that page for MO2 you will receive the same error that I did. The instructions for MO2 are below:

These instructions assume you have completed the installation of requiem and have created the Reqtificator executable within MO2

1. First things first, run the Reqtificator to be sure that it fails on you. It should fail on the patching step, where it will say "This patcher requires the following mods, please add them to your load order: Requiem.esp" If your error does not say that, this won't help you.

2. Hit windows+E to open the file explorer

3. Go to%localappdata%/ModOrganizer, double click on the Skyrim instance you created, click overwrite, SkyProc Patchers, Requiem, Files.

4. The files directory has the locations of the PluginsListLocation.txt and the SkyrimINIlocation.txt. You will need to update both of these files.

5. Hit windows+E to open a second file explorer. We are going to go to the location where these files are located.

3. In the new file explorer, go to %localappdata%/ModOrganizer, double click on the Skyrim instance you created, click profiles, enter your profile (mine was default)

4. Right click skyrim.ini, click properties. Change to the details tab, select Folder Path and hit CTRL+C to copy it to your clipboard.

5. Now, back in your previous file explorer, open the file SkyrimINIlocation.txt in notepad or whatever text editor you have. Delete whatever is currently there and paste in the path that you copied. The path does not include skyrim.ini, so add that to the end. It should look something like this:

C:\Users\bobby\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Instance1\profiles\Default\skyrim.ini

6. Now we need to edit PluginsListLocation.txt. Open that file, remove everything inside and paste in the same path as before. This time you will be adding loadorder.txt at the end of the path. It should look like this:

C:\Users\bobby\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Instance1\profiles\Default\loadorder.txt

7. Configuration complete. You should be able to run the patcher now. 

After figuring this out using nothing other than browsing through the mod organizer folders, I really think the reqtificator.bat could be improved to make this process a bit easier. Perhaps you could add in the option of passing in the skyrim.ini and loadorder.ini as arguments into the batch file? One of the things that really bugged me was I had no clue where it was finding an ini file, I had to go around deleting all the ini files I could find until I found where the reqtificator was storing the locations. Just a thought. Hope the above helps someone out there.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:07 PM, shmalls said:

i know you solved your issue your own way, but that error is due to you selecting Plugins.txt not Loadorder.txt, if you are not being prompted for Skyrim.ini (it means you have Skyrim LE mydocuments folder), and for Plugins.txt means you have Skyrim LE Appdata folder (which will give a USLEEP missing error)

can find all error messages here>>>

Just installed and have everything up and running.  Seems to be working fine.  Just a quick question in the MCM menu i have 4 tabs (combat, Skills & Perks, Atmosphere and Compatibility & debug).  There are only like 4-6 options in each tab.  I remember there were a lot of options and changes you could adjust in previous versions.  Is there something missing?  Something not working correctly?

4 minutes ago, tbcollins said:

Just installed and have everything up and running.  Seems to be working fine.  Just a quick question in the MCM menu i have 4 tabs (combat, Skills & Perks, Atmosphere and Compatibility & debug).  There are only like 4-6 options in each tab.  I remember there were a lot of options and changes you could adjust in previous versions.  Is there something missing?  Something not working correctly?

everything is fine, Requiem team just removed some options in the MCM menu, maybe in next release which is official for SE they will add back features