SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

7 minutes ago, OsmelMC said:

1. Nop, in the Framework is just natural. The SLSO Mod besides be automatic too, also allow you manually increase the enjoyment pressing a key.

W. Yes i keep my SLU+ compatible with the last version available of the SLSO by the date I do my release.

That's because in this case the compatibility means that I include on my Scripts all the changes done on the SexLab Scripts by the SLSO, as optional in case the SLSO be detected.

Is mostly because my SLU+ don't allow be overwritten by any other Mod so I have to include all the changes done by the rest of the mod author's inside my Scripts.

thank you

27 minutes ago, Hatoc123 said:

While in my latest reinstall of the game I moved most mods to completly mo2 there are still alot of mods that have been installed by installing them straight into data so if I was to do what you suggest I wouldnt even be able toload into my game anymore since my mod loadout would be completly broken. As for sayign that its loading the wrong papurus doesnt make sense to me since the earier save does that cleaning no problem and no crashes and if I just regulary exit the game during the latest save just not touching the clean button then I get no crashes and no logs with errors in them. You say that skse/skyse plugins will still be installed I dont understand how since the files related to it will be completly deleted.

Overall I'm tired confused and really dont know why after that hour of playtime the clean button turned into a crash button after it finishes cleaning and is about to pop up with the text box saying its done.

I do have most of my core mods installed through mo2 itself but small mods and small little fixes that just change a mesh or two and things like that I have installed directly into the data folder since I see no point in installing them through mo2 since they arnt that big. anyway let me know what you thing I'm going to sleep now since its 1.20am and hope that the prospect of having to reinstall more than 200 mods is just a bad bad dream.

Then you need to finish moving your mods into MO2. You are just making a mess and creating problems by doing it halfway like that. There's no way to properly troubleshoot a mess that is half installed into the game folder and half using a mod manager.

Going back to sexlab beta 8 with the way you have your mods currently will probably work, because then you'll be using the old version installed in your data folder. but you cannot upgrade until you clean up data and install your mods properly through the mod manager.  Switching from manually installed mods / NMM to a proper mod manager like vortex or mo2 is not a simple process and not one you can do halfway. You'll need to put the effort into finish your transition before anyone can help you further.

Edit: The reason why I am saying you need to finish the transition is because you're at the point where you need to start disabling mods to track down why you can't load the papyrus dll correctly. The way to do that is to disable mods. But mods installed to the data folder cannot be disabled, and all those loose files installed to data will get loaded regardless. Loose files makes it almost impossible to track down where a problem is coming from, which is why they need to be eliminated. Eliminating them means getting a clean data folder (no loose files to worry about) and installing your mods through MO2 so they can be disabled to rule out unexpected conflicts.

Edited by zarantha

How to Troubleshoot Mod Issues

1. Render game unplayable due to failure to read/heed available documentation (viz: Which PapyrusUtil should be used with SLF Beta 9, posted numerous times in main thread)
  2. Ask for help
  3. Receive the same exact suggestion numerous times from multiple people
  4. Argue with those trying to help you, expostulating on why they couldn't possibly be right and/or how inconvenient following their advice would be
  5. Post logs detailing the same error numerous times, each time confirming that the helpers are correct
  6. Continue arguing, crashing and burning
  7. LOOP

"You can lead a horse to water, but..." :classic_wacko:?

I honestly wasn’t intending to argure I just was and if I’m not going to lie still am rather confused you say that I didn’t read the documentation I did I always read the instructions when installing mods in order to try and prevent problems from happening. I am in all honesty Just plain confused I did not mean to annoy anyone or argue with anyone in fact I thought I was just having a conversation rather than a argument this has all be caused by my confusion about why 1 save works and the other 1 hour later doesn’t and I sincerely apologise.

I will follow zaranthas advice of deleting data and reinstalling that In fact I’ll probably reinstall everything just in case I just have an absolute awful feeling that something else is causing the problem but hey I’m not an expert.

I hope that I have not made people think less of me after this I was just trying to make sense of something that in all honesty I don’t completely understand I’m not too smart I admit that.

Thanks for your time everyone and I hope that this problem will be fixed after this week of reinstalling everything.

Im sorry for trying to understand something I dont understand 

Hatoc

1 hour ago, Nymra said:

cool!
thx alot and looking forward to it.

Detail Question: by adjusting the actors stats, does that mean for example that I can control initial enjoyment at the beginning of a scene via script already?

Yes but isn't practical because you have to do a lot of adjustments on the actor Stats like the "Lewd" or "Purity" and even then you just get control over the fast the enjoyment increase or decrease. Also depends of the Animation tags.

Adjust the Actors Stats is only recommend for long term effects. For example the "Mias Lair" Mod have a quest to break and make sex addict some NPC'S, that mod have his own system aside for that but in theory if was used the SexLab Actor Stats instead for that, the behavior of the victim on t sex scene cud be looked more realistic will the BETA 9 and even more realistic with future versions. Because right now the SexLab is not taking in consideration the Actor Pain for the moaning sounds but the next version will check if the actor is in pain or pleasure before set the Voice and Expression.

50 minutes ago, antibody said:

I know I could go back to a previous version of SKSE

There is nothing wrong with latest SKSE vs anything, SLFb9 included as far as I can tell - on contrary.

Regarding papyrus, it's been already mentioned numerous times in this thread at least - use version of papyrus that came with SLFb9 and make sure that actually that version is used runtime.

Edited by PippinTom
typo

Ashal, could you please be ever so kind and point me in the direction of a cogent and authoritative installation guide for SexLab 1.63 and the attendant files?

The reason I am asking is because I have been playing Skyrim LE for years and SexLab 1.62, along with Beeing Female and Spouses Enhanced, made my gameplay truly enjoyable. SexLab 1.62 worked flawlessly right out of the box and it was completely painless to install and configure. Steam recently made Skyrim SE available for $14.99 and I thought what the heck, no more bashed patches and a more stable game, so I plunked down the cash and took the plunge.

The only challenge is SexLab. I have found no less than three "detailed" sets of instructions on how to get it to work and none of them agree with each other. One author even went so far as to claim that using a Mod Manager is a waste of time. Everything else I have installed is working amazingly well and I would just like to include one of my favorite LE mods in my SE build. I have already downloaded SexLab 1.63, SexLab animation Loader, and several animation packs. Following the three different sets of directions has been an exercise in futility.

I'm an old guy who recently retired from the IT management field, so I'm not a complete noob but the plethora of contradictory information is just giving me a headache.

If you don't want to reply to this thread you can use the email in my LoversLab profile.

Thank you  in advance. SL is a great mod and I miss it terribly.

DJ in the USA

20 hours ago, Hatoc123 said:

I honestly wasn’t intending to argure I just was and if I’m not going to lie still am rather confused you say that I didn’t read the documentation I did I always read the instructions when installing mods in order to try and prevent problems from happening. I am in all honesty Just plain confused I did not mean to annoy anyone or argue with anyone in fact I thought I was just having a conversation rather than a argument this has all be caused by my confusion about why 1 save works and the other 1 hour later doesn’t and I sincerely apologise.

I will follow zaranthas advice of deleting data and reinstalling that In fact I’ll probably reinstall everything just in case I just have an absolute awful feeling that something else is causing the problem but hey I’m not an expert.

I hope that I have not made people think less of me after this I was just trying to make sense of something that in all honesty I don’t completely understand I’m not too smart I admit that.

Thanks for your time everyone and I hope that this problem will be fixed after this week of reinstalling everything.

Im sorry for trying to understand something I dont understand 

Hatoc

Tried typing pcb in a blank cell in the console? Then save and exit. It worked for me.

4 minutes ago, Dimom76 said:

Tried typing pcb in a blank cell in the console? Then save and exit. It worked for me.

Welp I'm currently in the process of reinstalling everything right now so I wont be able to do that unless I restore the backup which will take awhile thanks for the suggestion though

10 hours ago, hack_n_slash said:

Ashal, could you please be ever so kind and point me in the direction of a cogent and authoritative installation guide for SexLab 1.63 and the attendant files?

The reason I am asking is because I have been playing Skyrim LE for years and SexLab 1.62, along with Beeing Female and Spouses Enhanced, made my gameplay truly enjoyable. SexLab 1.62 worked flawlessly right out of the box and it was completely painless to install and configure. Steam recently made Skyrim SE available for $14.99 and I thought what the heck, no more bashed patches and a more stable game, so I plunked down the cash and took the plunge.

The only challenge is SexLab. I have found no less than three "detailed" sets of instructions on how to get it to work and none of them agree with each other. One author even went so far as to claim that using a Mod Manager is a waste of time. Everything else I have installed is working amazingly well and I would just like to include one of my favorite LE mods in my SE build. I have already downloaded SexLab 1.63, SexLab animation Loader, and several animation packs. Following the three different sets of directions has been an exercise in futility.

I'm an old guy who recently retired from the IT management field, so I'm not a complete noob but the plethora of contradictory information is just giving me a headache.

If you don't want to reply to this thread you can use the email in my LoversLab profile.

Thank you  in advance. SL is a great mod and I miss it terribly.

DJ in the USA

The nuanced instructions really rely upon which mod manager cult you decide to join.  Mod Organizer 2 (MO2) or Vortex.

Nexus Mod Manager isn't recommended any longer and Wrye Bash is just a bit too raw with FOMOD handling to recommend to anyone not really familiar with how things work.  Wrye Bash shouldn't be totally overlooked, however, as it is a powerful tool to manage your load order.  It facilitates drag and drop of mod load order, which Vortex decided was too difficult to implement or that users didn't know what they really wanted, so they made the choice for us.

Edit:  I was so wrong...the Vortex method is much more complex.  It adds in an artificial mod inter-dependency system to control load order.  Nice if you need that kind of linkage.  I find WB's method to be much simpler, and how I prefer to operate.  Just raw order.  You can make additional location changes to the same mods without the added complexity of removing/altering the artificial linkages Vortex uses to control things.  It is especially important to avoid adding these rules to Vortex, if you prefer to use WB in this way, as Vortex will actively fight WB for control of your load order as long as those rules are in place (and when sorting or having autosort enabled).

If you have any OCD leanings, you're probably going to end up using MO2.  I'm significantly less OCD than many, and have been modding Bethesda games long enough (since Oblivion) that I think I know what I'm doing (right or wrong), so I use Vortex with a bit of Wrye Bash when I feel like I need the extra control.

Welcome to LL.

Edited by 4nk8r
2 hours ago, Dimom76 said:

Greetings, everyone! I'm not really clear on how the cache works... Let's say I used SLATE to update the tags. In Sexlab cleared the cache. How and when will the cache reappear in the game?

At the moments you start a SexLab scene the mod authors usually ask for Animations with a specific combination of tags and many times the amount of Animations is lesser than 125 so you always with get the same Animations, so in this case the CACHE will  save you a lot of time because instead of search again those Animations will give you the group of Animations already knows. The CACHE can hold 30 groupys of Animations that will be those most recently used.

Resuming: the SexLab Animation CACHE avoid a lot of unnecessary work of the Papyrus Scripts. The CACHE work very well and very efficient but is not perfect and even when all the internal process of the SexLab Framework keep the CACHE updated. Still when some external mod like the tags of the registered Animations, the CACHE don't notice the changes and don't get updated on those cases and the "Clean Animations CACHE" option become required.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Anyway, here's the gist of my problem:

There is a very long delay (more than 10 minutes) at the beginning and end of the animation. Moreover, this situation occurs only in exteriors. Interiors have a delay of 20 seconds or less. I've been battling this problem all day today, but no result so far. You may have encountered something like this before... I'll send the latest reports if you find the time, please take a look.

Logs.7z

P.S. This problem is observed in Sexlab build 1.63b9 (and in github version, reports from github version). The latest version of SLU and SLSO.  And of course many more mods. If needed I will give a clearer picture of my build.

Edited by Dimom76
6 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

[Wrye Bash] facilitates drag and drop of mod load order, which Vortex decided was too difficult to implement or that users didn't know what they really wanted, so they made the choice for us.

So wise. So forcefully contemptuous. So condescending. And so completely WRONG!

Plugin Drag-n-Drop works perfectly well in Vortex- I have used it myself on a couple of occasions (it's a testament to LOOT that I've only needed to manually adjust my LO a couple of times despite running 420 mods in my last playthrough.) Where are you getting your information, such that you imagine there is some difficulty dragging and dropping plugins in Vortex?

1. Find the 'Plugin A' that you want to move to a spot after another 'Plugin B' (filter by name, mod name, or sort by Load Order to make it a one-second task to find a plugin)
  2. Click the Dependency icon at the far right of Plugin A's row
  3. Note the tooltip telling you exactly how to drag-n-drop the plugin manually Vortex Manual Drag-n-Drop Plugin.png
  4. Drag Plugin A down to Plugin B
  5. Drop it. From that moment until the end of time, Plugin A will load after Plugin B

I don't know how it could be any easier or more straightforward or intuitive! How would you have designed it such that people who had apparently not read the Vortex Wiki or used Vortex would not pluck disinformation out of thin air and claim the function did not exist? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Vyxenne
Because it's expected of her at this point
2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

So wise. So forcefully contemptuous. So condescending. And so completely WRONG!

Plugin Drag-n-Drop works perfectly well in Vortex- I have used it myself on a couple of occasions (it's a testament to LOOT that I've only needed to manually adjust my LO a couple of times despite running 420 mods in my last playthrough.) Where are you getting your information, such that you imagine there is some difficulty dragging and dropping plugins in Vortex?

1. Find the 'Plugin A' that you want to move to a spot after another 'Plugin B' (filter by name, mod name, or sort by Load Order to make it a one-second task to find a plugin)
  2. Click the Dependency icon at the far right of Plugin A's row
  3. Note the tooltip telling you exactly how to drag-n-drop the plugin manually Vortex Manual Drag-n-Drop Plugin.png
  4. Drag Plugin A down to Plugin B
  5. Drop it. From that moment until the end of time, Plugin A will load after Plugin B

I don't know how it could be any easier or more straightforward or intuitive! How would you have designed it such that people who had apparently not read the Vortex Wiki or used Vortex would not pluck disinformation out of thin air and claim the function did not exist? :classic_biggrin:

Consider me schooled, with egg on my face and shade dripping off me like gravy.  WTF, lady.  Didn't think we had that kind of friction going on to merit this much public battery, but whatever.

Anyway, not quite the same as the WB method, more mod A depends on mod B linkage vs raw this here and that there that WB does (like card shuffling), but I agree it functionally amounts to the same thing.

Fixing something that works usually breaks what worked before. This version of SL is completely fucked, literally nothing works anymore. The animation editor is completely broken, it refuses to play animations or starts animating with random NPCs around because SL simply doesn't add the PC to the thread, sometimes it thinks actors are still animating when they're clearly not, I have to clear cache 5000+ times in a row and stop all current animations 500+ times in a row for it unfuck itself, registering animations takes half a day because it's clearing cache every 0.00000000000000000000001 seconds or something, the new refresh expressions thing does literally nothing, something randomly interferes with adjusting animations so it takes 2 whole minutes to move an actor by 2 inches, animation profiles refuse to apply, I mean, what the fuck, man?
This isn't beta state, this is pre-pre-pre beta.

On top of that, it corrupts your save so I can't even revert to a "functioning" version of SL unless going back to a save without the fucked version install or starting a new game.

3 hours ago, makesnodifference said:

Fixing something that works usually breaks what worked before. This version of SL is completely fucked, literally nothing works anymore. The animation editor is completely broken, it refuses to play animations or starts animating with random NPCs around because SL simply doesn't add the PC to the thread, sometimes it thinks actors are still animating when they're clearly not, I have to clear cache 5000+ times in a row and stop all current animations 500+ times in a row for it unfuck itself, registering animations takes half a day because it's clearing cache every 0.00000000000000000000001 seconds or something, the new refresh expressions thing does literally nothing, something randomly interferes with adjusting animations so it takes 2 whole minutes to move an actor by 2 inches, animation profiles refuse to apply, I mean, what the fuck, man?
This isn't beta state, this is pre-pre-pre beta.

On top of that, it corrupts your save so I can't even revert to a "functioning" version of SL unless going back to a save without the fucked version install or starting a new game.

The papyrusutil.dll is different in Beta 9.  That could be causing an issue during an upgrade.  Beta 9 is probably a new-game only kind of update, or at least requires a "clean save" method.

1. Uninstall SL in game via the MCM
  2. save your game and exit
  3. uninstall the mod via your mod manager
  4. load the game again without SL installed and load the save you just made in step 2
  5. save your game and exit
  6. install new SLB9 via your mod manager
  7. start the game and load the clean save you made in step 5.
  8. go into 3rd person and go thru the Sexlab install again like you do in a new game.

Nothing is corrupting existing saves unless you're going out of your way to overwrite them in some way.  The corruption you think you see is most likely a side effect of changes in your load order that are being detected when you load an existing save.

I haven't studied the Vortex wiki enough to say for certain, and I have zero knowledge of what MO2 shows you, but it doesn't appear at 1st blush that Vortex gives you a good view into plugin load order/index association when looking at your save games via the Vortex UI.  I'm sure Vyxenne will leap out of the shadows to burn me down again if I'm incorrect, and I'm really too lazy and arrogant to go look in the wiki and see myself.

In the mean time, should I happen to be correct about Vortex's view on saves, and if MO2 doesn't have a save viewer that shows you this in a useful way, Wrye Bash will show you a 1:1 load order/mod index number relationship, with color coding references to highlight any misaligned or missing plugins in a given savegame.  You can use whatever tools work best for you to fix any discrepancies in your load order that you find.

If you're a Vortex user and aren't using the artificial mod inter-dependency method it utilizes for controlling your load order, you can move plugins around via the Wrye Bash UI to restore the load order to beter match the savegame.  You can also create empty plugins via the Wrye Bash UI to use as spacers for the now missing SexLab plugins you removed so your load order doesn't radically shift around as a result.  If you are using Vortex's method, you'll want to work within that framework to correct any load order alignment.  Trying to use Wrye Bash in combination with Vortex's method will result in the 2 programs fighting for control of the load order end result.  Best to avoid that if you can.

If you're an MO2 user, hopefully one of the many experts on it will chime in at this point to tell you how to do similar within that framework.  If not, Wrye Bash should still provide a useful aid for viewing the plugin order Skyrim is expecting when it loads that savgegame and you'll be able to use that to fix things in some other way.

Edited by 4nk8r
fixing typos, but not my runons
18 hours ago, Dimom76 said:

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Anyway, here's the gist of my problem:

There is a very long delay (more than 10 minutes) at the beginning and end of the animation. Moreover, this situation occurs only in exteriors. Interiors have a delay of 20 seconds or less. I've been battling this problem all day today, but no result so far. You may have encountered something like this before... I'll send the latest reports if you find the time, please take a look.

Logs.7z 58.02 kB · 0 downloads

P.S. This problem is observed in Sexlab build 1.63b9 (and in github version, reports from github version). The latest version of SLU and SLSO.  And of course many more mods. If needed I will give a clearer picture of my build.

Anyway, I found the cause of the brakes at the beginning and end of the animation... Disabled Grass Control v8, and everything worked fine. But then the question arises.... Even if I have a grass cache destroyed, what does Sexlab have to do with it?

7 minutes ago, Dimom76 said:

Anyway, I found the cause of the brakes at the beginning and end of the animation... Disabled Grass Control v8, and everything worked fine. But then the question arises.... Even if I have a grass cache destroyed, what does Sexlab have to do with it?

I tried out Grass Control for a bit.  While Sexlab was jockying around the camera during PC/NPC placement/alignement, Grass Control kept rerendering the grass for some reason.    Likely we both need to do the "precache" suggestion for performance reasons.  Take a look at the Description section of the mod for more info on the config file changes needed for that.

I have a cache. I meant that even if something changed in load order (while I was looking for error) grass should be taken from cache though with placement errors. But why does it reload at the beginning and end of the animation? I tried going back to GC v.6.0 - everything works (Sexlab) fine, but most likely need to re-cache grass.

Edited by Dimom76
23 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Didn't think we had that kind of friction going on to merit this much public battery

We don't/didn't. Upon re-reading my post it seems that I was unduly harsh in tone if not in content, and I ask that you please accept my sincere apology for abusing you that way.

9 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

I'm sure Vyxenne will leap out of the shadows to burn me down again if I'm incorrect

Lol. I have no idea about Vortex's Savegames functions- I have read the Wiki but never had occasion to use (or need) any savegame dissection functionality. And besides, after embarrassing myself yesterday, I don't think I'll be leaping out of any shadows or burning anybody down real soon. :classic_blush:

Edited by Vyxenne
Because she didn't plan ahead

Having an odd issue. probably my fault through some misstep along my way. Whenever install Sexlab (using NMM btw) my LOOT stops working and the mod itself wont work either. on the self debug i ran the console said something about failing to add an actor. Any ideas? is this a known issue I probably caused?