XEO - Archived Posts

Sadly I don't know the folder format of the top of my head and listing it out would be a huge wall of text. Don't despair however. If you go grab FOMM (fallout mod manager) from the nexus it comes with a built in bsa viewer and extractor. In this case you can view the file\folder format and make your changes accordingly. FOMM will also allow single file or multi-file extraction if you ever need that.

While I do use XeoSP++' date=' I don't use the 4096 textures so I really can't help you much more beyond the basics. Hopefully someone who may use them will jump in and give you some tips\tricks if they exist.

As to the neck seam and the heads - you need to also find\download\install the HGEC 4096 head textures if you want the heads to match. They should be over at the nexus. See if that solves your problem.

On your load order the bottom files need to be:

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

XeoSP++.esp

[/quote']

I changed my load order, thanks for that.

Before you posted your reply I downloaded BSA Commander to have a look at the folder structure. I created an omod based on what I found using the 4096 textures, however when I tried it out, it crashed when loading my save game. I don't think I can be bothered figuring it out, too much effort for too little reward. Standard textures will have to do, unless someone has an easier work around.

Using Ozmo's 4096 textures couldn't be any easier. Just takes a little setting up is all. But before getting into that read the following from the Nexus page: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20022

== 4096x4096 version for high spec machine ==

The video card of VRAM of 512MB or more is necessary to use this.

This is very true and if you don't meet the minimum VRAM don't bother with this, very good chance you'll not enjoy playing the game. I'd also recommend 1GB of VRAM or higher if you ever plan on having a lot of MODs.

If you meet the minimum RAM re-post and I'll walk you through setting up the 4096x4096 textures.

GTX580, I'll be fine :)

Sadly I don't know the folder format of the top of my head and listing it out would be a huge wall of text. Don't despair however. If you go grab FOMM (fallout mod manager) from the nexus it comes with a built in bsa viewer and extractor. In this case you can view the file\folder format and make your changes accordingly. FOMM will also allow single file or multi-file extraction if you ever need that.

While I do use XeoSP++' date=' I don't use the 4096 textures so I really can't help you much more beyond the basics. Hopefully someone who may use them will jump in and give you some tips\tricks if they exist.

As to the neck seam and the heads - you need to also find\download\install the HGEC 4096 head textures if you want the heads to match. They should be over at the nexus. See if that solves your problem.

XeoSP++.esp

[/quote']

Before you posted your reply I downloaded BSA Commander to have a look at the folder structure. I created an omod based on what I found using the 4096 textures, however when I tried it out, it crashed when loading my save game. I don't think I can be bothered figuring it out, too much effort for too little reward. Standard textures will have to do, unless someone has an easier work around.

Using Ozmo's 4096 textures couldn't be any easier. Just takes a little setting up is all. But before getting into that read the following from the Nexus page: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20022'>http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20022

This is very true and if you don't meet the minimum VRAM don't bother with this, very good chance you'll not enjoy playing the game. I'd also recommend 1GB of VRAM or higher if you ever plan on having a lot of MODs.

If you meet the minimum RAM re-post and I'll walk you through setting up the 4096x4096 textures.

From the download page: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20022

=== How to ===

1. Please rename the file name and download body texture files. ("v1_2_part" is renamed to "v1_2.part", and "-20022" is deleted.)

4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part1-20022.rar ->> 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.part1.rar

4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part2-20022.rar ->> 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.part2.rar

Do as it says above, plus download ALL of the 4096x4096 race packages AND the face textures.

2. Review the included HowTo.jpg graphic for visual instructions. You're basically going to unpack each additional race package and then copy & paste the textures from them to the main default package, Textures folder. In the default package you unzipped look for a folder titled, "Textures". When done you should see individual folders for each race; Dark Elf, Dark Seducer, etc. (Some have tattooed versions also)

3. Review the Install Tool.jpg graphic for visual instructions. Navigate back to the main default package folder. Dble mouse click on InstallTool.exe.

4. In the pop-up select which feature you want, click the Next button and repeat, then select Apply. Body textures have been added to your Oblivion install.

5. Repeat the same steps for the face textures.

If you get into trouble use the included readme files.

Notes: The BP2ch-Ed_Human_package body texture is not available via Nexus, and you only need it if using BP, so when installing the face textures you leave the one for Human un-ticked.

XeoSP++.esp

[/quote']

Using Ozmo's 4096 textures couldn't be any easier. Just takes a little setting up is all. But before getting into that read the following from the Nexus page: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20022'>http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20022

=== How to ===

1. Please rename the file name and download body texture files. ("v1_2_part" is renamed to "v1_2.part", and "-20022" is deleted.)

4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part1-20022.rar ->> 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.part1.rar

4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part2-20022.rar ->> 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.part2.rar

Do as it says above, plus download ALL of the 4096x4096 race packages AND the face textures.

2. Review the included HowTo.jpg graphic for visual instructions. You're basically going to unpack each additional race package and then copy & paste the textures from them to the main default package, Textures folder. In the default package you unzipped look for a folder titled, "Textures". When done you should see individual folders for each race; Dark Elf, Dark Seducer, etc. (Some have tattooed versions also)

3. Review the Install Tool.jpg graphic for visual instructions. Navigate back to the main default package folder. Dble mouse click on InstallTool.exe.

4. In the pop-up select which feature you want, click the Next button and repeat, then select Apply. Body textures have been added to your Oblivion install.

Notes: The BP2ch-Ed_Human_package body texture is not available via Nexus, and you only need it if using BP, so when installing the face textures you leave the one for Human un-ticked.

I believe you are referring to a normal install of Ozmo's textures - I have no trouble doing that - my problem is installing the textures with XEO.

As Greg said, XEO uses a different file path for the textures than the default. The install tool included in Ozmo's package only installs textures to the default location. What I tried doing before was setting up an omod that manually placed the required textures to the relevant XEO file path. Something didn't work though, my game kept crashing etc, so I gave up.

I changed my load order' date=' thanks for that.

[/quote']

=== How to ===

I believe you are referring to a normal install of Ozmo's textures - I have no trouble doing that - my problem is installing the textures with XEO.

As Greg said, XEO uses a different file path for the textures than the default. The install tool included in Ozmo's package only installs textures to the default location. What I tried doing before was setting up an omod that manually placed the required textures to the relevant XEO file path. Something didn't work though, my game kept crashing etc, so I gave up.

Ah, yeah that's different. I don't know off-hand what file locations Xeo uses for its textures. It could be Xeo is using different file names for textures too...

I'm assuming, based on the install guide on page 1, that xeosp++.bsa is being used. So yeah, reviewing the BSA in BSA Commander (you can use OBMM to do this too), Xeo does use different texture names and folder structure. It would be a bit of work to get that to work right. All of the Ozmo texture files would have to be renamed to match the Xeo file names, redated and repacked into the BSA. That I think would be the easiest, without having to edit the esp file in CS. Still a lot of work though...

Not sure if you could just add folders/textures manually to your data folder, after renaming them to what Xeo uses, then via OBMM use BSA redirection. You could test it with say just one texture and check it in game. If it works that could lead you in the direction of creating an omod file that works.

I currently don't have Xeo installed (conflicts with other MODs I'm testing) so no way for me to test it.

As Varenne suggests you can indeed override the Xeo textures by creating a set of loose folders and files that matches the folder structure\name and file name as what is found in the Xeo bsa file (you can either extract them or you can view them via FOMM - FOMM is much more powerful and has more features than BSA commander). Don't forget to archive invalidate via bsa redirection to make sure oblivion sees those loose folders\files.

Guys I found this yesterday http://freakshare.com/files/7chynk7y/XEOSP---High-Rez-.omod.html .supposed to be XEOSP OMOD.Can someone confirm if its working' date='and if the same rules as installing MBP 1st.then XEO etc apply with this?

[/quote']

It is 125MB bigger than the XeoSP v1.0 link I have in the OP, so I seriously doubt that it is the same. While 125MB may not sound like "that" much of a difference, it really is when you realize that compression is involved. That could be 250-750MB after extraction depending on the compression ratio.

• 3 weeks later...

i seem to run into some trouble here' date=' after i done all the step in the OP the game run smoothly but all Npc look the same, the only diffirence is some of my mod say that they have been overidden and may not function properly, please help me guy.

[/quote']

Create a thread here about your issue.

http://www.loverslab.com/Forum-Technical-Support--53

Make sure to read this post first and follow what it says.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6133

im hoping for an answer but.

call me stupid but after downloading all three parts to XEOSP++ what do i do? they all show up as 001 002 and 003 files.

https://www.google.com/search?q=join+.001+file&aq=f&oq=join+.001+file&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l3j62l2.4095&sugexp=chrome' date='mod=16&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

[/quote']

While this may be the case with other files please don't do it for this one. Just download and use 7zip - www.7zip.org - to extract these. You just open the 001 file and it will extract from the 002 and 003.

Joining the files "could" break them.

I updated the OP to show 7zip as a required file to extract all .7z files.

I updated the OP to show 7zip as a required file to extract all .7z files.

I would also add something along the lines of...

After downloading and installing 7z, under Tools | Options... System Tab - Associate 7-Zip with: either press the Select all button or at the very least make sure the following are selected: 001, 7z, rar and zip. This way multi-part files (001, 002, 003, etc.) will now be auto-recognized by 7z.

I have yet to run into a situation that is adversely affected by simply selecting all of them. Absolute worse case is sometimes 7z will read/open files types that you would rather another program be reading/opening; iso for example.

I show it as still up. You might need to access it from a proxy if your connection is blocked.

For a good part of yesterday I was unable to access anything on loverslab.com' date=' and at one point I rec'd the following avast! Antivirus warning:

This first occurred when I tried opening mataelfo's first post via the link I rec'd via email.

I know Firefox just got updated, could be a cause of this. Also read a bit on that avast! issue as a potential false positive for a trojan. It may also have been an issue on the web host server for LL.

No one was able to use FireFox to access LoversLab yesterday. Not sure what Ashal did to fix things but it is fixed now. I also use Avast and while I got a blank page' date=' I did not get any trojan warnings.

[/quote']

Yup, and thanks I just found that announcement thread.

The avast! warnings only happened a couple of times out of numerous attempts to access LL.

Having read through some of what I found on the false positive for the trojan, I've concluded a change to FF to be the issue and how FF is recognizing a certain line of Javascript. I believe this was done to address a known vulnerability related to the real form of that trojan and/or trojan family. The information that has led me to this conclusion was/is scattered across many many internet pages.