XEO - Archived Posts

There is an alternate link for the bsa file at MediaFire on post 675 of this thread.

Yes' date=' XeoSP++ properly installed is designed to be compatible with MBP, MBP++ and x117. :)

[/quote']

Gregathit, plz tell me what am I doing wrong. I downloaded the xeo++ bsa archive from post# 635 AND 675; I keep getting errors when trying to extract the files using 7zip. Here are some pics:

Ok, make sure you are using the latest version of 7zip and only select the first file and extract it. This will automatically extract the other two.

Make sure you are not accidentally using WinRAR to extract things or it will totally mess up! :P

Ok' date=' make sure you are using the latest version of 7zip and only select the first file and extract it. This will automatically extract the other two.

Make sure you are not accidentally using WinRAR to extract things or it will totally mess up! :P

[/quote']

Aha! :idea: Turns out i was using a super old version (v4.2) and I think it was an x86 version (I switch from winxp and win7 from time to time). Forgot to install the x64 version on my win7 partition.

Just to confirm. After extraction i get one big bsa file (1.5 gb) is this the real mccoy? :-)

Man, it has been a while since I last posted on here. I decided after finally starting to see some results in the mods to retire Oblivion and switch over to skyrim. I am sure that I'll have questions on that forum, but I wanted to say thanks to those who offered up advise and help to me earlier. Thanks you all!

Thanks alot for all the tips Greg :D I got bored of skyrim and decided to re-install oblivion. Can't really live without MBP and XEO in oblivion. Now to figure out how the hell to get my OBGEv3 to work as intended (no effects showing up in game /sigh).

i know the Xeosp and XeoSP++ tutorial were written months ago' date=' but someone should really update those megaupload links since, you know, they got FBI'ed the shit out of them...

[/quote']

Or you could just click on the updated/alternate links spoiler right under the instructions one.....

4)In OBMM set archive invalidation to BSA alteration, check everything like on the picture below, click on "Remove BSA Edits" and on "Update Now"

[image: archiveinvalidation.jpg]

^Image is broken, can anyone please explain in detail what I'm supposed to do on this step?

4)In OBMM set archive invalidation to BSA alteration' date=' check everything like on the picture below, click on "Remove BSA Edits" and on "Update Now"

[image: archiveinvalidation.jpg']

^Image is broken, can anyone please explain in detail what I'm supposed to do on this step?

Picture restored. Pop back to page one and click on the spoiler and you should see it. ;)

I screwed up at step 4, what I did was extracted the .bsa's content and put them into the data folder. When I figured out what .bsa were, and how to access archive invalidation( i actually googled for a while to find out what it is and how to access it, but nothing came up) I put the BSA into the data folder and then set archive invalidation to bsa alteration, and then I deleted the .bsa as its content was already inside the data folder in raw form. Does it have to be in .bsa form to work properly and for the bsa alteration thing to work? After that I continued with the rest of the steps. Is this gonna work?

Edit: Started new game, Vanilla skin seems changed during character creation, the Emperor's look changed, so it's working i think, but this could just be due to an earlier replacement (XEOSP 1.0) Is there a way to check that everything worked out even though I don't have the .bsa in the data folder and extracted mesh and texture from it and just put it into the data folder instead? Though I did do the BSA alteration step, for that step I put the .bsa into the data folder, once that step was done I removed the .bsa from data folder and deleted it.

I hope it works out in the end, I followed through with the rest of the steps, installing the optionals and then updated it, and put the .esp into data and enabled it through Bash.

Oh no....never extract bsa's!! What you have done is just completely mess up any compatibility with MBP or any other beauty mod.

No bsa redirection won't work at all now.

The bsa was designed to just drop into the data folder and leave it. The ensures maximum compatibility with other mods.

I suppose you can leave it but I don't think it will work very well now. I guess it doesn't hurt to try it but if things go wonky on you then at least you will know why.

Sorry :(

How do I know if things are going good or bad?

Oh yeah greg, so if I didn't use the .bsa but extracted its content instead, BSA redirection won't work, but the mod will still function right? The whole .bsa thing and bsa redirection is just so that it's compatible with MBP/other mods? So if it isn't compatible then that's how it went wrong. What I'm trying to say is, the horribly messed up way I installed it, I DEFINITELY installed the mod right? Just that I screwed up with one of the part that was designed to make it compatible with MBP or other mods, so the end result is, I got it installed and it works, but it won't be compatible, and that incompatibility will lead to something bad, and that's what I should look out for to know if everything works or not, if something crazy came up because it was incompatible?

Correct, it will no longer be compatible with other mods. It will still work...but the textures and meshes may overwrite other mods items causing them to look bad. Try playing the game and if you encounter a bunch of NPC's that have messed up skin/eyes/hair and such then you will know why.

Long story short it "will" still work. It just isn't going to play as well with other mods.

I've been curious for awhile about the differences between xeosp and xeosp++. However i'm wondering more if the sp 1.0 npcs added for xeo are still there. I know Xeo herself is still in xeosp++, but are the rest?

For example take in skingrad there should be a;

Korinta Gertz (long white hair)

Lokita (robed dark elf usually walking on one of the bridges)

Jessie Cordwainer (redheaded imperial)

There are a bunch more per city, and some like Gertrude Eisenbrech (at game start should be in anvil while her sibling hangs around Leyawiin) will usually find you before you find them.

Yes they are still in XeoSP++. Gertrude Eisenbrech follows me around all the time :)

The major difference is SP++ concentrates the majority of the meshes/textures into a bsa file rather than loose files. This makes SP++ compatible with MBP and many other race mods as it no longer overwrites their files. There were some bug fixes and such but the main difference is the bsa format.

Hope that helps,

Greg

Thank you for the links and the installation guide.

I make all that you say, and the character have the XEO anime style and it's beautiful but i have a problem.

All the guards are naked, they don't have their armor, it's really strange.

I have DMRA BBB and it works so the naked people are beautiful ;) but i prefer the guards with armor.

Someone know what we need to do ?

And i have an other problem when i create my character, i can't change hair for new race like goddess race. What i must do to repair that ?

I've installed XEOSP++ but it doesn't seem to affect the orcs in IC. Is it supposed to be like that?

1. Make sure you have archive invalidated.

2. Make sure XeoSP++.esp is the last mod in your load order (yes even below the lovers files).

3. There are a couple of npc's that are not changed but they should be few and far in between!