XEO - Archived Posts

Thanks Greg. However i seem to have run into a small problem.

I take you still use the original xeo++ esp? I ask since starting a new game with xeo++ from the xeo++engv2 mediafire link, while wondering around leyawiin checking for differences between this and the original. I found Praevil (redhaired woodelf, teaches armorer) missing from one of the stores, considering she has to walk to it each day i first waited a few hours, but eventually left and decided to check on the usual xeo leyawiin added npcs.

Fron-mar and Weeba-Wa, two children added to weebam-ra's household.

Susette Plotius, child added to that household

Elwinar, a vampire hanging around

Orumna, a male argonian adventurer in full ebony usually wondering around the streets outside the chapel

a few leyawiin militia who wonder from inside the town and outside patrolling (yeah had to check all the ones MMM+frans itself adds to see if they were there or not)

and of course, Beatrice Eisenbrech. Who unlike her anvil counterpart doesn't feel like finding you anywhere like in the middle of a mountainside in valenwood being attacked by angry woodelves.

Pretty much none of them are in my game currently. Checking tes4edit for a comparison between xeosp and xeo++(v2). It seems someone decided to completely remove every single xeo added npc except Xeo herself. Yes all their entries, and AI packages are absent from the updated esp. Deciding i have a corrupted xeo++ i downloaded it again, and remade the comparison between esps to the same conclusion.

I guess i'll have to re-read the entire thread to see if there is still a link to the pre-v2 xeo++ esp.

Thanks Greg. However i seem to have run into a small problem.

I take you still use the original xeo++ esp? I ask since starting a new game with xeo++ from the xeo++engv2 mediafire link' date=' while wondering around leyawiin checking for differences between this and the original. I found Praevil (redhaired woodelf, teaches armorer) missing from one of the stores, considering she has to walk to it each day i first waited a few hours, but eventually left and decided to check on the usual xeo leyawiin added npcs.

Fron-mar and Weeba-Wa, two children added to weebam-ra's household.

Susette Plotius, child added to that household

Elwinar, a vampire hanging around

Orumna, a male argonian adventurer in full ebony usually wondering around the streets outside the chapel

a few leyawiin militia who wonder from inside the town and outside patrolling (yeah had to check all the ones MMM+frans itself adds to see if they were there or not)

and of course, Beatrice Eisenbrech. Who unlike her anvil counterpart doesn't feel like finding you anywhere like in the middle of a mountainside in valenwood being attacked by angry woodelves.

Pretty much none of them are in my game currently. Checking tes4edit for a comparison between xeosp and xeo++(v2). It seems someone decided to completely remove every single xeo added npc except Xeo herself. Yes all their entries, and AI packages are absent from the updated esp. Deciding i have a corrupted xeo++ i downloaded it again, and remade the comparison between esps to the same conclusion.

I guess i'll have to re-read the entire thread to see if there is still a link to the pre-v2 xeo++ esp.

[/quote']

Well the one I use in my game is a v2 but now that you mention it there were several versions of v2. I will attach the one I use in my game. This version is the vwalk compatible version.

thank you very much greg.

Actually now that i have been reading about some xeo changes. it seems all those npcs are xeoifed versions from what was originally a german language mod called moDem's city life. Which in itself has so many versions, and translated altered incarnations at this point it makes my head spin. Some of these are on the "nexus", but i doubt they include the xeo changes, and the latest seemed to actually remove npcs who were deemed outside each city as unworthy of the mod. (seriously what? they were there as part of the original) And a comical patch made to remove Gertrude for the sanity of some players. I guess the original gertrude wasn't cute with a twin drill hairstyle.

Reading more at one point the author of xeo made his own version, and later fused it into xeo. the nexus v22 version supposedly adds 150+ npcs, but i rather have the xeo versions than a mod removing npcs simply because they started at a town gate. Also i noticed talk of s version that changes the children npcs using x117 using some name like moDem's City Life for x117Race++, but that is probably on 4shared, and 4shared doesn't seem to like me very much. This also has the question of which version of the mod the x117 one is based on itself.

I've installed XEOSP++ but it doesn't seem to affect the orcs in IC. Is it supposed to be like that?

1. Make sure you have archive invalidated.

2. Make sure XeoSP++.esp is the last mod in your load order (yes even below the lovers files).

3. There are a couple of npc's that are not changed but they should be few and far in between!

I'm using wrye bash so I always have archive invalidation I think. If not, what method should I use in OBMM? People say a lot of different things about this.

I think XEO changes the beast races too much, especially argonians that looks more like dragonmen. Are there any other good more lore friendly npc mods out there that doesn't change the beast races too much? I've tried "change some cyrodiil people" and TNR but I would like something better that affects more npcs.

With a fresh Oblivion installation, I've followed all of the instructions in the OP and the "install beautiful people" guide it links to. My mod list looks like this in OBMM, after BOSS did its thing:

(MBP) 2ched 180 fix

(MBP) Modular Beautiful people 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4

HGEC 1.12

MBP 2ched++ 0.98a

Robert Male Body Replacer

x117race

XEOSP

XEOSP++ V2

XEPSP++ V2 Update

Besides the unofficial oblivion patch, no other mods are installed. Everything seems to work great except for the eyes; vanilla races have no eyes at all! And the NPCs that do have eyes seem to have eyes that don't match, ie. they're all bright blue or have slits.

I've followed the only instructions I could find to fix this (delete ini, reinstall MBP) to no avail. This seems like it should be more prevalent, seeing as I followed the instructions on a fresh install?

With a fresh Oblivion installation' date=' I've followed all of the instructions in the OP and the "install beautiful people" guide it links to. My mod list looks like this in OBMM, after BOSS did its thing:

(MBP) 2ched 180 fix

(MBP) Modular Beautiful people 2ch-Edition (Full) 1.4

HGEC 1.12

MBP 2ched++ 0.98a

Robert Male Body Replacer

x117race

XEOSP

XEOSP++ V2

XEPSP++ V2 Update

Besides the unofficial oblivion patch, no other mods are installed. Everything seems to work great except for the eyes; vanilla races have no eyes at all! And the NPCs that do have eyes seem to have eyes that don't match, ie. they're all bright blue or have slits.

I've followed the only instructions I could find to fix this (delete ini, reinstall MBP) to no avail. This seems like it should be more prevalent, seeing as I followed the instructions on a fresh install?

[/quote']

Show me your load order.

Well, I manually moved it around after posting and got it to mostly work. A couple of the custom races don't have eyes still but that's okay. The NPCs still have some odd eye choices though, but it's hard to tell if that's intentional or not.

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Knights.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

UOP Vampire fix

Oblivion Citadel Door fix

MaleBodyReplacerv4

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMas

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves

Beautiful PeopleV22 - MaleReplaceV4

xeosp++

Did you delete the two folders that you were supposed to?

And that can't possibly be your full load order if you installed all of the MBP and x117 mods.

You are aware of how to get your load order via OBMM, right? Just hit the import/export button, then view load order, then copy it and paste it here.

Well' date=' I manually moved it around after posting and got it to mostly work. A couple of the custom races don't have eyes still but that's okay. The NPCs still have some odd eye choices though, but it's hard to tell if that's intentional or not.

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Knights.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch

UOP Vampire fix

Oblivion Citadel Door fix

MaleBodyReplacerv4

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMas

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves

Beautiful PeopleV22 - MaleReplaceV4

xeosp++

[/quote']

If you did the above, I recommend disabling some of the BP mods and try if it works better without them. The more mods you have the more chance that something will go wrong. So try to load with only the mods you need and add more later if it works. That way you can see what mod is messing up your eyes. You also have to do the BSA alteration thing like it says in the instructions.

@Gregahit

Thanks for your help before. Going with the MPB replacer now. :)

@dinferno: You should not have any eye problems between MBP and XeoSP++ if you have installed everything correctly. That is the whole reason XeoSP++ was made was to be compatible with MBP.

One thing you may need to look at is Beautiful PeopleV22 - MaleReplaceV4 and whatever came with it (meshes/textures) - this could be what is throwing the fly in the ointment. It is not a part of MBP 1.4a or MBP++ and thus is not compatible with XeoSP++.

Edit: And we still need to see your actual load order to troubleshoot further.

@NightWolf: Hey, no problem. Hope that you like it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

there is a fix for some of the eyes here

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/32661/?tab=2&navtag=/ajax/modimages/?user=0|:|id=32661

it worked for me, seems that most xeo packages are actually missing some textures, but mixing with mbp can be pain in ass, id advise learning how to use tes4edit to make a simple "merge patch" works like bash but u can be more precise with it, bash dont always get it right imho, i usually make merge patch to fix the things that bash misses. there are few well writtern picture guides on how to use tes4edit and also fo3edit , they work exactly the same just made for diff games, takes about 20 mins to learn how to make merge patch with guide, and im a duffer :P

Guest Kate the Bionic Uterus

there is a fix for some of the eyes here

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/32661/?tab=2&navtag=/ajax/modimages/?user=0|:|id=32661

it worked for me' date=' seems that most xeo packages are actually missing some textures, but mixing with mbp can be pain in ass, id advise learning how to use tes4edit to make a simple "merge patch" works like bash but u can be more precise with it, bash dont always get it right imho, i usually make merge patch to fix the things that bash misses. there are few well writtern picture guides on how to use tes4edit and also fo3edit , they work exactly the same just made for diff games, takes about 20 mins to learn how to make merge patch with guide, and im a duffer :P

[/quote']

Can you supply a link for these guides or upload them here?

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded all 3 archives from mediafire' date=' they are all broken, how do I open them?

[/quote']

They are not broken, you are just using the wrong program to extract them. See 7zip link below.

download hjsplit' date=' then use that to merge them into one archive, then you can open it as normal.

[/quote']

You "can" do this or you can just download and install 7zip and open the first archive and choose extract and it will extract all three.

7zip link: http://www.7-zip.org/

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick question or two...

I already have a MBP setup, will I need to reinstall all of that post following the XEO setup on the OP?

For MBP I'm using this one: 种族-MBP1.4aFull&MBP++0.94a&x117++0.78allin1傻瓜包, but I unpacked it. Didn't much care for how the last time I set it up via OMOD it overwrote all of my (IMO) better textures.

Looks like XEO changes textures too, among other things...

The end goal here is to be able to try out some of Yuravica's FLY stuff, including his/her char saves.

"IF" you install, XeoSP 1.0 and then XeoSP++ (and delete folders and follow the other instructions in the OP) absolutely "nothing" should be overwritten.

As to MBP, I too am using the exact same version as you, which I updated by installing MBP++ version 98a directly on top of it (saying yes to all overwrites) and it worked like a charm. I had to update from 94a to 98a for ++ to play bravil underground.

"IF" you install' date=' XeoSP 1.0 and then XeoSP++ (and delete folders and follow the other instructions in the OP) absolutely "nothing" should be overwritten.

As to MBP, I too am using the exact same version as you, which I updated by installing MBP++ version 98a directly on top of it (saying yes to all overwrites) and it worked like a charm. I had to update from 94a to 98a for ++ to play bravil underground.

[/quote']

Thanks! I think I'll run the same MBP upgrade as you before doing the XEO stuff since I do want to revisit Bravil Underg' some day.

Okay, so after getting it all installed and mostly working, save for a few eye issues, I made note of a few other things via EGG Translator.

1. I'm using the xeosp++.esp (xeosp++v2 update alternate) for VWalk support, but note c) below was in the other update version as well.

a) There are some untranslated dialogues of type GREETING. Don't think it's Japanese as my first attempt at translating it produced gibberish.

B) There are Quest references to a Valeria Caresse, which after some searching is a separate companion MOD.

c) Under TES4 - Description it states "1.This file needs xeosp and please install xeosp first"

Screen Captures via EGG

Varenne, did you "not" install XeoSP v1.0 first, then delete some stuff, then install XeoSP++, then the updates to XeoSP++? I thought that was pretty clearly spelled out in the instructions in the OP. If it wasn't clear then tell me what confused you and I will try to fix it.

Valeria and Xeo are two ready made companions that are "built into" XeoSP++. You will find both of them via their quest markers (hint: they are camped out just northeast of Bruma along the exterior of the city wall).

As to the untranslated text - it "should" be just extra junk that isn't used in game. If there is untranslated text\dialogue showing up in game, let me know and I will try to get it translated.