Tips for the Installation with NMM

forword

I open this Topic, to help people with the installation progress using Nexus Mod Managar.

Since nearby every major mod for FNV relies on NMM these days and FOMM is heavy outdated.

I also presume you guys are familar with the NMM UI so ^^ no pictures for you.

This is aimed to give you just some additional hints for NMM, since NMM has occasionally problems with

scripted mod installatons.

READ and GET first (obviously)

Read the installation tutorials by BRUCE and Ritualclarity first!!!

go here and here

Heavy outdated too, but they cover the basics you need.

additional advice

do not test with sexoutsexlite, for myself it was broken, the text option appeared normal, but as soon as the animations was about to

start FNV crashed. Aim for the "big" installation imidiatly.

************************************************************************************************************

install tips for NMM

1. Keep in mind that NMM copies manually downloaded Mods, so save all Sexout related mods in a seperate folder.

[pathexample]

X:\Modding\FNV\Mods\Sexout <<< download folder of the sexoutmods

X:\Modding\FNV\Mods <<< "working" folder of NMM

working folder means that one you set in the settings for NMM where NMM stores the dl form nexus if you download via NMM

2. add Sexout Mods manually

hit the green + icon on the left side, select your sexout dl folder, NMM makes then a copy of the mod to the working folder

"simulating" the dl from nexus so to say

3. install SexoutNG Core, SexoutNG Data; Bodys

right click on SexoutNG Core install the mods as you usually do

right click in SexoutNG Data, when you get asked by NMM to upgrade the detected Sexout NG Core mod, say NO!!!

and let NMM install SexoutNG Data normal

right click on the bodys to install it (if you choose your own body meshed then choose it in the option when you get asked)

otherwise install breezes fixes and bodys (for testing for example)

Here it is important that you say NO!!! to the upgrade question NMM will pop up, otherwise NMM has the strange

behavior to uninstall SEXOUT NG Core and install SEXOUT NG Data instead, but we need BOTH to make Sexout working

thats it Sexout Framework is now in place and kicking, all you need is adding the needed/ desired Mods ;)

(see step 4 ^^)

4. install Sexout Common Resources

if you followed Ritualclaritys tutorial you have your SCR FOMOd on place (see folder example for Sexout above), add manually then

right click to install, let it overwrite what ever it wants to overwrite (shouldn t happen with a "virgin" FNV folder andagain a Sexout installed)

except for soma animations they are already integrated in SexoutNG

5. install SexoutSex 1.6

again add mod manually, right click on it and install

done

6. install smallertalk

same procedure, add manually, rightclick to install, done

************************************************************************************************************

Thats it, all done, if nothing went wrong during the process Sexout and 1 basic mod is in place and should work

to test just start a new game or load a clean save in Goodsprings and talk to an NPC

the Sexout smaller talk choices should be there, take one and the animations should start

Keep in mind that it SEEMS to work, but i just started with sexout mods so i barely see that it is in place and some animations work.

i can t tell if NMM messes up the installation any further so animations might be missing and so on. For me the basic stuff is in place and

working without any crashes, exclamations marks or missing bodys and so on.

PS: i hope that helps out a bit, with the install NMM process

• 2 years later...

This was a tremendous help, I followed it up to the SCR part and successfully installed with a mod that doesn’t require SCR. And as for the SCR part, the installation process really confuses me. Am I supposed to be extracting all three SCR files (2018...,2019... and data) to a “SCR Resources” folder, and then removing all the files remaining that aren’t meshes, sound or textures folders? And then I would be moving everything that tryout extracts that is under the tryout extraction’s data folder to the SCR Resource folder, leaving it still with just the three previously mentioned folders only? If so do I do the same for the tryout sunny smiles companion? But regardless, after that I’m required to get FOMM to turn it into a FOMOD package and not be able to simply add the files manually without this process? I thought this was what the ritualclarity tutorial was explaining, but I doubt I got that right as there would be no esp or esms, for the base SCR or tryout. 

19 hours ago, Flammenwerfer said:

This was a tremendous help, I followed it up to the SCR part and successfully installed with a mod that doesn’t require SCR. And as for the SCR part, the installation process really confuses me. Am I supposed to be extracting all three SCR files (2018...,2019... and data) to a “SCR Resources” folder, and then removing all the files remaining that aren’t meshes, sound or textures folders? And then I would be moving everything that tryout extracts that is under the tryout extraction’s data folder to the SCR Resource folder, leaving it still with just the three previously mentioned folders only? If so do I do the same for the tryout sunny smiles companion? But regardless, after that I’m required to get FOMM to turn it into a FOMOD package and not be able to simply add the files manually without this process? I thought this was what the ritualclarity tutorial was explaining, but I doubt I got that right as there would be no esp or esms, for the base SCR or tryout. 

Rutual Clarity made a tutorial. He also made a PDF on the download page that might explain it further.

The SCR files themselves are installed normally, but it requires a dozen other mods, that need to be merged together with the esps/esms etc. See his PDF on how to do it.

Archived