Papyrus sttings...

Bullfye

I have been fighting to reach the perfect papyrus setup in skyrim but so far I got some improvements and other step backs...

This is my system info...

Operating System:    Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
DirectX version:    12.0
GPU processor:        GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Driver version:        388.59
CUDA Cores:        768
Core clock:        1366 MHz
Memory data rate:    7008 MHz
Memory interface:    128-bit
Memory bandwidth:    112.13 GB/s
Total available graphics memory:    12246 MB
Dedicated video memory:    4096 MB GDDR5
Bus:            PCI Express x16 Gen3

Untitled.jpg.7bd9390bb692b503e26d4a5cec485620.jpg

If someone can help me with this settings that I have right now please do so...

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=800.0
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=800.0
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=2457600
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Thanks

This is my Papyrus settings.

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS = 1.6

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS = 1.6

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS = 2000.0

iMinMemoryPageSize = 128

iMaxMemoryPageSize = 512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes = 76800

bEnableLogging = 1

bEnableTrace = 1

bLoadDebugInformation = 1

bEnableProfiling = 1

Have currently logging on, that is not some you need to have on if you dont want to trace mod errors.

Dont have in memory what all settings do, but you should not change them all to any higher then I have.

Bullfye, your Papyrus settings look very wrong to me. Based on numerous sources that I've read, your Update and ExtraTaskletBudgetMS settings in particular are bound to cause a lot of trouble but also the very large memory assignment. I would recommend rolling back to the default settings (or you can just delete all the lines in Papyrus from the ini, except the last four if you want to keep logging enabled) and then possibly start afresh or just keep using the defaults.

Main info resource: Creation Kit Wiki -- with very clear warnings about modifying these parameters:

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=INI_Settings_(Papyrus)

Here's a another good overview of the ini settings:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings

And here's a detailed technical explanation from a third party:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2gwvwl/guide_papyrus_ini_settings_and_why_you_shouldnt/

Hope this helps.

9 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Bullfye, your Papyrus settings look very wrong to me. Based on numerous sources that I've read, your Update and ExtraTaskletBudgetMS settings in particular are bound to cause a lot of trouble but also the very large memory assignment. I would recommend rolling back to the default settings (or you can just delete all the lines in Papyrus from the ini, except the last four if you want to keep logging enabled) and then possibly start afresh or just keep using the defaults.

Main info resource: Creation Kit Wiki -- with very clear warnings about modifying these parameters:

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=INI_Settings_(Papyrus)

Here's a another good overview of the ini settings:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings

And here's a detailed technical explanation from a third party:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2gwvwl/guide_papyrus_ini_settings_and_why_you_shouldnt/

Hope this helps.

I have been on all those sources you have posted..Maybe a thousand times..lol

With the Default Papyrus settings I get random CTD in whiterun with this I have I get no CTD at all...

So the question is if this, If this settings are bad  (The ones I have) why they are making my game more stable and the other supposed ones (the Default) cause me Random CTD and script latency...?

Everyone says they are bad my settings but why ?..., that is what I want to know, you say wrong but why ?..., cause I understand that the default ones are the advised to use but as I am , resuming a Ignorant in this Ini assembling  I never understood why ...

I am about to try this settings...

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

According to sources this are OK and the correct to use settings...We will see then !

On 11.12.2017 at 2:04 PM, Bullfye said:

I have been fighting to reach the perfect papyrus setup in skyrim but so far I got some improvements and other step backs...

This is my system info...

Operating System:    Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
DirectX version:    12.0
GPU processor:        GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Driver version:        388.59
CUDA Cores:        768
Core clock:        1366 MHz
Memory data rate:    7008 MHz
Memory interface:    128-bit
Memory bandwidth:    112.13 GB/s
Total available graphics memory:    12246 MB
Dedicated video memory:    4096 MB GDDR5
Bus:            PCI Express x16 Gen3

Untitled.jpg.7bd9390bb692b503e26d4a5cec485620.jpg

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=800.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Thanks

Kill it with fire. Then once more with frost and once with lightning. Serioulsy, those values are so far out of bound that the engine most likely just said "screw you, i'm using default." Otherwise you wouldn't be able to play.

fUpdateBudgetMS=800.0

for both of these, default is 1.2. You may increase one or the other, possibly even both but very slightly. 2.0 at max, not 20, not 200 or 2000. It is the minimum and maximum time scripts get to execute. Per script. Including vanilla game scripts. Which means, if it would actually use those values, even a vanilla game runs... not sure, maybe 10-50 scripts per second, depends on running quests etc. and even to compute the daily routine of a single NPC almost taking one second... that wouldn't even be a slideshow anymore, rather a calender.

This is ok, longer loading screens won't hurt.

Just delete this to make it use default again. In my experience this might prevent some few CTDs, but in exchange it breaks your saves beyond repair. Instead of crashing it's causing stack dumps. A quick and honest crash is always better than several broken scripts which will let you "play" but just stop working and causing all kinds of weird problems. Including CTDs in the long run.

1+ on what others did say.

As it was said by others, the game will not use wrong settings, so it will use default settings.

There are zillions of pages that gives suggestion about Papyrus settings, all say different.

Use the official pages.

There are also some other settings that you can put in your ini files that also will help depending of what CPU/GPU you have.

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Kill it with fire. Then once more with frost and once with lightning. Serioulsy, those values are so far out of bound that the engine most likely just said "screw you, i'm using default." Otherwise you wouldn't be able to play.

fUpdateBudgetMS=800.0

for both of these, default is 1.2. You may increase one or the other, possibly even both but very slightly. 2.0 at max, not 20, not 200 or 2000. It is the minimum and maximum time scripts get to execute. Per script. Including vanilla game scripts. Which means, if it would actually use those values, even a vanilla game runs... not sure, maybe 10-50 scripts per second, depends on running quests etc. and even to compute the daily routine of a single NPC almost taking one second... that wouldn't even be a slideshow anymore, rather a calender.

This is ok, longer loading screens won't hurt.

Just delete this to make it use default again. In my experience this might prevent some few CTDs, but in exchange it breaks your saves beyond repair. Instead of crashing it's causing stack dumps. A quick and honest crash is always better than several broken scripts which will let you "play" but just stop working and causing all kinds of weird problems. Including CTDs in the long run.

yes I have lowered down and am using this described here...

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/89677-papyrus-sttings/?do=findComment&comment=2081854

• 10 months later...
On 12/12/2017 at 6:29 PM, Bullfye said:
Spoiler

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Old thread but just confirming that these settings have kept my heavily modded game stable. The defaults that everyone has been recommending resulted in multiple failed script errors and CTDs after only a few minutes of play no matter where on the map I was.  Thanks Bullfye

This article gives a good argument why you should be very cautious about fudging those numbers

Although I disagree that you should avoid changing the numbers.  I do agree that having them set higher than 2.0 is a mistake.

Ahhh that was included in El duderino's link.  I really should read through the links more carefully ><

This settings

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

For me are more then tested and work without any issues....Stable game finally , since I have posted this messages above tried this and voila !

8 hours ago, Bullfye said:

For me are more then tested and work without any issues....Stable game finally , since I have posted this messages above tried this and voila !

"fUpdateBudgetMS" (and by extension, "fExtraTaskletBudgetMS")

When increasing fUpdateBudgetMS, you're allowing scripts to consume larger portions of this cycle if they need to, potentially lowering your framerate by a proportional amount in exchange for scripts potentially being executed more quickly (fewer need to be delayed during non-ideal scenarios). This may not have any immediate impact on framerate, because under typical scenarios, you just don't have enough scripts running on any given frame cycle to use up much more than the default value of 1.2 ms.

"iMinMemoryPageSize", "iMaxMemoryPageSize" and "iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes"

iMinMemoryPageSize, iMaxMemoryPageSize and iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes refer to the amount of memory being used not by the Skyrim engine, but by the scripting layer. Moreover, they refer specifically to the amount of memory being used by the stack.

Changing these values may be beneficial, because the allocator in the game engine appears to have a latent bug that causes it to occasionally freeze up when attempting to allocate additional memory. However, you should still err on the side of caution when changing these values, make conservative changes, and absolutely defer to the opinion of an expert on these. I would recommend you leave these values at SKSE's default (which is already higher than Skyrim's default). Setting these values too high may cause issues on their own, and may even prevent the game from running.

"bEnableLogging", "bEnableTrace", "bLoadDebugInformation", "bEnableProfiling" and "uTraceStatusOfQuest"

These settings are safe to enable, but are meant for debugging purposes. They are there for use by mod authors, not by the end users. Keeping these settings enabled will have an impact on performance.

saying someone to use whatever settings you pick.... bullshit

1 hour ago, yatol said:

saying someone to use whatever settings you pick.... bullshit

Apart from the rude way you posted that is in fact more of your problem then mine ....

I never told no one to use the settings I pick...you are saying it , with what intention I have no idea...but if it is to look great ...you're welcome to go on that path of glory...

If you give the trouble to read my posts I was trying to find the normal settings cause I had changed them and were giving me problems...so once I have found the good settings for me I posted them and helped someone at least with those settings....But I know that in this places some people just come here to rant on everyone's posts and you are one of those... 

...If its my interpretation that is wrong please forgive this words if not they look like totally applied and pin point you perfectly !

Salutes

Bullfye

1 hour ago, Bullfye said:

If you give the trouble to read my posts I was trying to find the normal settings

is it that hard to type skyrim ini settings in google?

Defaults

The following block shows the defaults for all the various settings. If you end up messing something up you can always copy this block back into your ini file (or delete the block entirely):

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0 ;Xenon and PS3 use 2000.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
bEnableProfiling=0

skyrim.exe is supposed to load what there is in skyrim.exe unless there's custom settings in the .ini, so putting back the normal settings... for what purpose?

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

that setting give 1.2ms of cpu to run the script

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2

that setting add 1.2 ms to run the script if fUpdateBudgetMS isn't enought

you were using fUpdateBudgetMS=800?

that mean you were giving 800ms of cpu to each script?

that's a 8 second freeze if there's 10 scripts to run

doubt you had it, didn't even saw a fps difference when i tried 999999

my bet is that skyrim.exe ignore whatever you put for papyrus in the .ini, because bethesda think the players are too stupid to be allowed to use custom settings

or skyrim.exe ignore the custom setting if it's above x or under y

and the ones that are messing with that are just wasting their time

you were using fUpdateBudgetMS=800?

that mean you were giving 800ms of cpu to each script?

that's a 8 second freeze if there's 10 scripts to run

doubt you had it, didn't even saw a fps difference when i tried 999999

my bet is that skyrim.exe ignore whatever you put for papyrus in the .ini, because bethesda think the players are too stupid to be allowed to use custom settings

or skyrim.exe ignore the custom setting if it's above x or under y

and the ones that are messing with that are just wasting their time

Has I told you before you don't read the posts..you read one part and reply to that , What was my last post???

Read it and you have the reply!

Wrong !

I am using fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2 that is even lower then the default....

The rest you can recap here in my previous post....

Maybe I have one part different from the default but it works for me so far !

iMinMemoryPageSize=256

And cause it works for me I have posted so that others could try it ...if it fixes issues with some people game why not trying it ???

I shared my settings long ago based on various sources and official Papyrus settings and forums so if it was wrong settings I am playing the game with them for 2 years and finished all Quests and main quests including DLCs Installed new quests like Bruma, Gray Coal , A. Adventures etc...and the only CTD I got I can count from my left hand fingers 3 maybe 4 CTD in total and were related to the usual CTD bug from the Dragon spawning attacks....so you can say that settings are this and that but for my they gave me game stability !

Regards ! 

19 minutes ago, Bullfye said:

Wrong !

I am using fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2 that is even lower then the default....

default is 1.2 ......

14 hours ago, Bullfye said:

This settings

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

On 12/11/2017 at 2:04 PM, Bullfye said:

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=800.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

Thanks

1 hour ago, yatol said:

default is 1.2 ......

brother have you seen the date on this post ???

as for 1.2 if its default what then its wrong with my post if it works for me....

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
iMinMemoryPageSize=256
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

You do not want to use it OK...I didn't also one thing is the truth it works for me...so I have posted ...Such a big deal cause some one posts his settings...you do not agree fine...some others may want to try it and others even if you again read above Thanked me for the setting and that helped their game....so what is the thing here...you want me to say and use what you want just cause its posted somewhere that I probably saw before and tried to use the defaults and ...Guess what it didn't work and this worked ...Soooooo

I will use what makes my game run better and as I have said this settings work perfectly to me...

Again ...I am playing the game with them for 2 years and finished all Quests and main quests including DLCs Installed new quests like Bruma, Gray Coal , A. Adventures etc...and the only CTD I got I can count from my left hand fingers 3 maybe 4 CTD in total and were related to the usual CTD bug from the Dragon spawning attacks....so you can say that settings are this and that but for my they gave me game stability !

What can be wrong that I disagree with you???!!!!....That I disagree or that I am not using what you want???

Jesus !

6 hours ago, Bullfye said:

Again ...I am playing the game with them for 2 years and finished all Quests and main quests including DLCs Installed new quests like Bruma, Gray Coal

something like that?

181016010231137479.jpg

didn't had to mess with the .ini for that

181016010237907701.jpg

the removed quests mods were 2000 scripts, 100 000 scriptsinstances, 20mb in the save, and 1min40 more to coc qasmoke

18101601024522832.jpg

faster to load tesedit when there's something to fix in a mod i try too without the big esp too

9 hours ago, yatol said:

something like that?

181016010231137479.jpg

didn't had to mess with the .ini for that

181016010237907701.jpg

the removed quests mods were 2000 scripts, 100 000 scriptsinstances, 20mb in the save, and 1min40 more to coc qasmoke

18101601024522832.jpg

faster to load tesedit when there's something to fix in a mod i try too without the big esp too

And can you tell me what the Save cleaner tool images are for in this and what do they prove the number of active scripts ???...

I use that not very often when I uninstall some follower mods or to clean Havock objects...nothing more...

Or now are you telling me that I can not download quest mods cause of Script loading numbers ????....Brother the problem its not the Number of scripts in a Mod and how many are running in a game....The problem was always the Skyrim Engine limitations that will slow your game due to Mod content using those scripts or created scripts, in fact those Papyrus settings are to help that script loading and in fact that was added as part of many mods due to Skyrim engine limitations...As long you do not go off the chart in those settings the game engine will not get Bottle Necked  and cause CTD ....this are the words of many Sources and Mod creator that use scripts...I have 6000 scripts in game and 23 active  in the last save....So if you think that is the problem its not...As I said being playing the game as it is for 2 years and have all done including mod quests and no worries...so far...

2 hours ago, Bullfye said:

As long you do not go off the chart in those settings the game engine will not get Bottle Necked  and cause CTD ....this are the words of many Sources and Mod creator that use scripts...

you have a script that can ctd the game?

can you upload it?

i only believe what i see, and i have never ctd because of scripts

if you load the game without scripts and click on new game, you end up on the right of the riften carriage, and that's it

when i tried the cwo version with the spy thing, end up with maven hostile to riften guards thanks to stack dumps, that was a huge mess, but i was able to see that mess since the game don't care

the problem with quests mods, mod x add something there, mod y do the same, you have to patch the navmesh if you want to keep both (or that's a ctd, because mod x stuff can't find mod x stuff in that navmesh)

it's faster to got rid of mod x, since patching the navmesh don't do miracle, if mod x is a castle and mod y is a house behind the castle walls, you don't have access to mod y house if you keep that castle

I don't have CTD I told you ..None zero...apart from the original game CTD that comes one time or another with the Dragon attacks spawning...

I have this settings for 2 years...never had issues of ctd ...never...before I used to have the Default papyrus settings and my game was a mess , specially if you use mods like Sexlab, creatures framework along side with other , devious devices defeat etc...I have them all plus SOS and SOS Females...and those all have scripts that most of the time are active...

Aroused, Lovers comfort etc....and mods like floppy sos , and head tracking you name it all I have installed is to make the game work the way I want...then FNIS and all the rest ...I rarely install Mods in mid game , I make updates...nothing more...I have 247 activated plugins  , watch my load order...

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2018-10-16T15-47-58.txt

And with all this I do not have CTD related to any Mod installed  , but the one I told that is with the game since release day...the Dragons spawning...

So when I have the game as this stable I can only advise people to use the game my way  if you check my PC specs 

I do not have a great PC ...its good but not that good...and I have no problems playing with High setting some even ultra like textures....My game runs in normal 40 to 50 FPS, in whitherun sometimes goes down to 35  but I never get lag or ctd due to this factors...It took me years to get the game as it is but now I enjoy playing it and for the first time I manage to make all the game quests and main quest including DLCs without any issue at all...

So this is why I advise people that my settings with my loaded mods or certain mods are working for me this way...

5 hours ago, Bullfye said:

I have this settings for 2 years...

you didn't saw the number under my char level in savegamecleaner?

that save is 1000 hours old... and it's still fine

what about yours?

5 hours ago, Bullfye said:

I have no problems playing with High setting some even ultra like textures....

ultra like? what does that mean?

181016095659776513.jpg

1810160957569965.jpg

181016095809826749.jpg

18101609583319196.jpg

181016095817585623.jpg

181016095849651765.jpg

if you have a 4k texture for falmer armor... (not a 1k resized to 4k, that stuff is useless)

1 hour ago, yatol said:

you didn't saw the number under my char level in savegamecleaner?

that save is 1000 hours old... and it's still fine

what about yours?

ultra like? what does that mean?

Reveal hidden contents

181016095659776513.jpg

1810160957569965.jpg

181016095809826749.jpg

18101609583319196.jpg

181016095817585623.jpg

181016095849651765.jpg

if you have a 4k texture for falmer armor... (not a 1k resized to 4k, that stuff is useless)

this  is mine done just now...

savecleaner.jpg.3a42a90024e6c581b7c2a217edc7a66f.jpg

As you see its all ok...

As for the textures I have in my sig a link to my Flickr page with a lot of screens  you can check it...

I have Ultra setting on Skyrim options textures, nothing was resized  cause I download most on 2k and some like tress and body textures in 4 k...

My game runs smooth ...

7 hours ago, Bullfye said:

As for the textures I have in my sig a link to my Flickr page with a lot of screens  you can check it...

I have Ultra setting on Skyrim options textures, nothing was resized  cause I download most on 2k and some like tress and body textures in 4 k...

My game runs smooth ...

does the textures look resizes down to 1k on my screens above?

if it's in your sig and i didn't saw it, you can't guess it's because i don't load sigs?

181017065429334777.jpg

and textures replacer don't replace everything

181017072347654838.jpg

you have 4k textures for enderal?

have a texture replacer for the greybeard building textures...

181017072428621518.jpg

that mod use a copy paste of vanilla texture, to use that over the texture replacer?

181017072422974542.jpg

it's a pool, so pool texture

Archived