To all the doa modders here

siaj

You cads! You fiends! You evil, evil...talented people.

How do you expect someone like me to properly utilise all 1,000+ mods I've downloaded, or where can I store 17+ gig of them?! Not to mention the week and half it's taken me to scour every inch of this forum's topics to find them! Hours and hours of scrolling through page after page of text, looking for that diamond of blue linkage! Mislead by false hope by learning it was not a download, and thwarted on occasion by dead links!

You monsters! Why can't you make some bad mods from time-to-time so I won't be tempted to download them? T_T

Kidding aside, you guys have made some great stuff. And some costumes I thought about requesting were made long before the thought to ask for them had even occurred to me.

There was insane thought where I got caught-up in the moment and considered asking for someone to teach me the ways of the modder, not point out tutorials, there are plenty of good ones here, I mean be something like a mentor and hold my hand as I learned, but thankfully that moment was short lived and easily disposed of. :P

Instead, I will (probably) restrict myself to making absurd and (most likely) inane mod requests of anyone willing to listen to some noob that hasn't so much as the first clue about how to make a mod.

And with that, I make my introduction on a forum that never knew I existed before now. XD

Aww, I'm sorry I'm so amazing.

Just kidding, you're welcome; even though I haven't done much to help in the mind-blowing ways of some of us. Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll have fun here, we're not as creepy as this forum may imply. I'm not at least.

I guess this screenshot shows my determination at making a new member feel welcome! (PS. My mod folder is bloated too. My poor pc struggles sometimes.)

311730_20170509191411_1.png

Yeah if you tend to collect DOA mods you'll need a lot of space specifically for the mods.

I just calculated my mod folder and its 228GB by itself then again I've been around here for 2 years plus Deviant art & Zetaboards combined. So it can be overwhelming for newbies it was for me when I started. Tho I may stop downloading after this year is up.

Spoiler
16 hours ago, YodaStitch2001 said:

I've barely started to get a grip on all the modding tools you need to attempt to create mods in this game, but I'm curious!

What is your brand of absurd,inane and outlandish with a creepy factor kind of request(s) ?

(your words :) )

After looking through a certain thread, I know it is possible (in theory, at least), but only by someone with much skill/experience.

While there has been talk of futa mods, and attempts to replace doa chars with others, some successful, some not, my crazy idea was to see if anyone could/would make a rule 63 of the male cast. (I'm sure there are those, such as LGMODS, who would enjoy 63ing the girls, but I'm one of them :P) And just to clarify, I'm talking about changing the character models themselves to female, not trying to replace, for example, Bass with Tina, or something like that.

I know that the audio files would still be male, but that really wouldn't bother me if this could be done. XD

Spoiler
16 hours ago, myuhinny said:

Better not look for anything over there on deviant art you might never shut your computer off again or ever go to bed again you'll be there 24/7 looking at all the outfits and mods.:grin:

That's my next stop, now that I've caught up here. :P

Spoiler
16 hours ago, Melissava said:

17 GB? 91GB and that is not all mods in the net.

"All" the mods? Fear not, I have no intention of getting that many. This isn't pokemon after all. XD :P

Spoiler
14 hours ago, LGMODS said:

I liked your presentation, it was done in a funny way :thumbsup:

As Melissava said, prepare to download much more contents if you are a fanatic of collection! :sweat_smile:

In any case, I wish you welcome here!

jwt1.jpg

Ah! Graced by the lovely Lola herself! *bows*

I was hoping you would deign to visit my humble thread, but was unsure you would. Many thanks.

Er, it is ok for me to address you as Lola, yes?

Oh, and terrible jokes/puns are as good as my bread and butter, so whom shall I toast next? :P

This is fine if you call me Lola, after all this is my name :blush:

I'm always attentive when a new person arrive here, even if I'm less modding than before I'm still visiting Loverslab everydays.

A Rule 63 hum, I'm doing that a lot in the opposite, male to female mostly because males don't have private paradise then I can enjoy all the new animations for them too this way.

But also for the Story Mode, it can be interesting too!

I can't deny it's Asura character who motivated me to start those swap

:smirk:

3isj.jpg

7i75.jpg

paae.jpg

mef4.jpg

Making female to male is a bit different, possible but males are by default more taller followed by a taller and larger armature who result mostly to a "extended" female on some parts (waist / arms mostly).

Eliot is the most smaller with Genfu, maybe I could try something here, on a free day.

You are interested for those swap because of moveset?

It kind of started as an idea just because I thought it'd be fun, and a little cool, to see a female using brad's drunken fist style. :P

(And not just the few moves honoka has. >_>)

As I said before, I'm thinking of someone editing the male character models, much like SaafRats did in the link I posted, rather than trying to replace the model with a female one. And as amusing as it might be to simply add boobs to your own ken doll models, miss Lola, there would need to be more work, like softening the jaw lines and (obviously) shaving their facial hair, just to name a few. XD

Oh so the idea is oriented to a full edit based on a nude male base becoming female?

Interesting too, I like to reshape and it's quite a challenge here!

You make me think that we have various fantasy as male to female swap, futanari and others but I -almost- never saw transgender as example.

Except this famous Zack with boobs from Saaf' yes -who is crashing the game on a side note lol.

I'm glad I could explain in a way you could understand. I was starting to think I misused a modding term by saying "models," and maybe I should have said something else, like "meshes." XD

For instance, I occasionally see the term "bones" thrown around here, but I have no idea what it means in the context of modding. 

Bones is part of armature :

yxw3.jpg

In doa modding you'll have to adapt your model to this armature, moving bones is doable but in a reasonable distance (following by a different weight paint sometimes), it's usually more easy to adapt a mesh / body to the skeleton than the opposite.

Since I'm not sure where else to ask (and am feeling a little too lazy to dig for an answer :P), I'll ask here instead.

A lot of the mods I have that can be used with autolink have these .--H and .--HL files. Some mods only have H and HL files.

What are they, and what are they supposed to do?

Eh, while I'm at it, I might as well ask about the other file extensions as well. XD

.---C

.--P

.TMC

.TMCL

12 hours ago, siaj said:

Since I'm not sure where else to ask (and am feeling a little too lazy to dig for an answer :P), I'll ask here instead.

A lot of the mods I have that can be used with autolink have these .--H and .--HL files. Some mods only have H and HL files.

What are they, and what are they supposed to do?

Eh, while I'm at it, I might as well ask about the other file extensions as well. XD

.---C

.--P

.TMC

.TMCL

.--H and .--HL files are used to add details options to a costume (they are associated with one costume and change only a selected few textures)

.TMC and .TMCL are the main files for the costume

.---C is for configuration

.--P is the miniature picture appearing in the selection menu in-game

So, if I understand correctly, the H and HL files are only needed/used for specific outfits, yes? And if I toss those files in the base folder (instead of 01 for example) they don't do anything because the detail option is cycling through all the different costumes in the character's folder, is this right?

I've also seem some that only have one file, a TMC. Will those work without a TMCL?

Lola, I think you might be one of the few that need those files in your game. ;)

Spoiler
On 12/7/2017 at 7:32 PM, LGMODS said:

Oh so the idea is oriented to a full edit based on a nude male base becoming female?

Interesting too, I like to reshape and it's quite a challenge here!

You make me think that we have various fantasy as male to female swap, futanari and others but I -almost- never saw transgender as example.

Except this famous Zack with boobs from Saaf' yes -who is crashing the game on a side note lol.

By the way, any luck with this?

Archived