DEFEAT+DEATH ALTERNATIVE Problem

Hello!

I'm trying to use the latest version of both mods together. There is an option in defeat to choose probability of DA event after the assault. I put this in 100%, but after the Defeat assault, the character just appears outside or in the first cell of the dungeon. The only event that triggers in pos assault is the robbed event, where I need to get the gears back or the rescue event. The DA events isn't working even I set the probability in 100%. Is there anything about load order?

Nope,

Even when I got Death Alternative sortta working it was still buggy as fuck.

So I don't use Death Alternative and wont touch mods that need it.

Defeat thankfully has its own built in system that is very reliable, so you don't even need DA.

Defeat can send your character off to a Simple Slavery event reliably as well so you can hook into any slavery mod from there for extra kink if you want.

Default events after rape are as follows,

You get back up,

You get robbed,

You get left for dead,

You get rescued, end up at random inn or temple.

I know it doesn't offer 1,000 destinations but Defeat does the job on its own better than Death Alternative ever has and Ive been using Defeat for years.

Even if you got DA working with Defeat as I have in the past, my experience was that your character would rarely ever get raped compared to the system in place when Defeat handles it all.

It simply has to do with the fact that DA demands that the character is totally beaten down to around 0 hit points....

Defeats settings allow for Health Failure rape, Stam/exhaustion rape, Stun/rape, knockout/rape.....Uh more ways to get defeated than most other handlers offer.

The other alternative "defeat" like mod that you could try is Deviously Cursed Loot,

But primarily its about dressing down the player character in slavery items which would play well into bondage gameplay, but realize that your girls adventuring days are pretty much over when you install this stuff cause your character will constantly just be a play toy and never will you be able to advance the main story of the actual game or advance other mods stories.

So I just prefer Defeat.

there is of course Devious Captures which allows you to set up some bondage options to hook into Defeat...Though getting keys to get out is uh questionable right now as Im not certain by how well Captured Dreams works at the moment.

Deviously Cursed Loot seems to totally hijack all the gameplay so Im not wanting to suggest that as a means to get keys.

I'm using both, well, kind of... imho the system for getting knocked down is flawless in DA, so i use that at 20% health, deactivate that necro thing in DA and set chances for Defeat to 99% (max i believe). Everything else in DA is disabled for knockdown (knockout still enabled), so i actually don't get any events that Defeat doesn't offer, it's really just because the Defeat system didn't always work properly and i died several times. So DA handles getting beaten and Defeat everything else. With DA events i always had the problem that my character wakes up somewhere and starts the moving animation, just that she's still lying around and doesn't move at all. The only way to stop that was to start another animation, which gets tiresome, though... the only cases where this didn't happen was when the screen just stayed pitch black. I could never find a way around this bugs, that's why i don't use the DA scenarios anymore.

If somebody knows how to avoid that bugs i'd gladly try them again, though. :)

However, there are several more alternatives, i didn't try all and some may be out of date:

-submit (very old)

-submit  & DD progression (still quite old)

-devious surrender (beta)

-absolute necro

-Shout like a virgin has a death alternative too, without rape, though.

These are those that come to my mind right now, there might be even more.

20 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

The other alternative "defeat" like mod that you could try is Deviously Cursed Loot,

But primarily its about dressing down the player character in slavery items which would play well into bondage gameplay, but realize that your girls adventuring days are pretty much over when you install this stuff cause your character will constantly just be a play toy and never will you be able to advance the main story of the actual game or advance other mods stories.

Much of DCL can be switched off in the MCM. I use it just for the events nowadays and have the Combat Surrender restraint option switched off, so it's fairly light on the bondage side.

Personally, bondage doesn't do much for me (in game or rl), so I'm just interested in the devices as they put the pc into compromising positions (particularly with DH) and add some unpredictable events to the game which can be fun.

It's been a while since I used Defeat, I removed it as it needed DA which is pretty bug ridden but was a good backstop to prevent death. One of the problems with Defeat without DA though was the pc could still be killed if the incoming damage was that great it pushed the health threshold sufficiently down, though I suppose that could be worked around by setting the pc as essential through the console. It's been awhile since I've checked Defeat out so perhaps that's been addressed now.

5 hours ago, Slorm said:

Much of DCL can be switched off in the MCM. I use it just for the events nowadays and have the Combat Surrender restraint option switched off, so it's fairly light on the bondage side.

Personally, bondage doesn't do much for me (in game or rl), so I'm just interested in the devices as they put the pc into compromising positions (particularly with DH) and add some unpredictable events to the game which can be fun.

It's been a while since I used Defeat, I removed it as it needed DA which is pretty bug ridden but was a good backstop to prevent death. One of the problems with Defeat without DA though was the pc could still be killed if the incoming damage was that great it pushed the health threshold sufficiently down, though I suppose that could be worked around by setting the pc as essential through the console. It's been awhile since I've checked Defeat out so perhaps that's been addressed now.

Defeat can make the player essential,

Im honestly using Defeat I think its still the best uh Defeat mod available at this time.

just an FYI about keys

for those that want another means of getting keys in the game, and for whatever reason do not want to used Cursed Loot, you can install DDE (Devious Devices Equip)

which can generate regular keys as well, and everything it does can be toggled off, so you can use as much or as little of the mod as you want.

Archived