Taking another peek at this after some time away. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but -most- armor mods will work for most species/races, but any mod that changes or adds non-vanilla animations, such as bouncing tits, new combat moves, pole-dancing, sex beds, or crafting animations, requires a patch on a per-mod, per-race basis, right? I'm looking at starting a new game, using the argonians, or perhaps hive princess, but I have no clue how that would work out with the more fun mods like these.

7 hours ago, lindazana said:

Taking another peek at this after some time away. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but -most- armor mods will work for most species/races, but any mod that changes or adds non-vanilla animations, such as bouncing tits, new combat moves, pole-dancing, sex beds, or crafting animations, requires a patch on a per-mod, per-race basis, right? I'm looking at starting a new game, using the argonians, or perhaps hive princess, but I have no clue how that would work out with the more fun mods like these.

Yes, because basically, any new race needs to "learn" the animations (as to be set up to use the animation mod).Just need to add it up in the devkit.

5 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Yes, because basically, any new race needs to "learn" the animations (as to be set up to use the animation mod).Just need to add it up in the devkit.

Is there a guide on how to do so, ideally made in such a way a clueless moron could follow along?

On 3/22/2022 at 5:34 PM, Kargrin said:

A missing head have no influence on the crashing, since it is animation/dialogue related

did a lot of digging around but the only thing i can find is an exception in ogre where it tries to do a getanimationset: and fails to load an animation called: "idlestandconfident".
I myself haven't found a way to fix this either.

8 hours ago, Thatoneoctopus said:

did a lot of digging around but the only thing i can find is an exception in ogre where it tries to do a getanimationset: and fails to load an animation called: "idlestandconfident".
I myself haven't found a way to fix this either.

I will try to remake the model from scratch, maybe it will fix it

Some of my notes from checking out mods from here:

- "bedsex": Nice but causes issues. When I load a game where the sex mattress is in use, the game crashes. 

It would be cool if the script could make clothing and armor invisible. 

It would also be cool if you could use the mattress with 2 chars of the same gender. 

- "skimpy armor": Nice, makes the longcoat and dustcoat a bit less ugly

- "profgear": Nice Bikini but why the fuck would someone add a swastika armband? Uninstalled after zooming in for the first time.

5 hours ago, Yotix said:

Some of my notes from checking out mods from here:

- "bedsex": Nice but causes issues. When I load a game where the sex mattress is in use, the game crashes. 

It would be cool if the script could make clothing and armor invisible. 

It would also be cool if you could use the mattress with 2 chars of the same gender. 

- "skimpy armor": Nice, makes the longcoat and dustcoat a bit less ugly

- "profgear": Nice Bikini but why the fuck would someone add a swastika armband? Uninstalled after zooming in for the first time.

- "bedsex": I believe this is an issue with any furniture that has more then 1 person using it at the same time, not entirely an issue with this mod, as I have had other mods with 2 person functionality that also cause similar issues.

- "skimpy armor": I do hope eventually someone extends the simplifying to all armors in kenshi & maybe even modded armors too ?

- "profgear": You could just edit the swastika out using gimp or photoshop, but who knows. Maybe someone wants to play space nazi's that have come to take over kenshi, roleplay lol.

Greetings, I was wondering if anyone would want to help a noob out

You see, I want to make a minor tweak to the armoured rags (remove the two metal plates on the chest) but I'm a complete noob when it comes to 3d modding in this game, and the guides I found online are too complicated for me. I already figured out how to mod in this game and where to find the mesh files, but I dont know how to open these files in blender (never used blender before btw) and edit them.

Is there anyone here willing to give me a noob's guide to editing mesh files? All I can give you is my thanks.

ps. I already know that you cant edit mesh files without taking the extra steps (like using ogre or something)

Edited by meneerbombastic

I use a short rag skirt mod, but i wish that could be even more skimpier like remove the straps on the legs and make something like an half skirt, meaning that the left side while be revealing attached only with a thin piece on the waist something like this:

image.png.cf05274e31ebf2476ac4b459b1bb9bb2.png

also doing something to the shirt to be more revealing.

OK so I've been toying with a sexied-up Kenshi ...

... JRPG character presets, sexy clothing, some weird Japanese clothing packs and a "Barkeeper" cheat start - basically a small Sake factory in Heft. Hired a farmer/cook to create food and sake, and an armorcrafter to try all the skimpy clothing recipes.

What I'd absolutely love to see would be a way to make money (rather than train stats) though some kind of exhibition or prostitution mechanic.

So my girl troupe could waltz into a settlement, start a dance, and randomly get a small amount of coins (except in the Holy Nation, who'd probably enslave us for dancing).

If it were then possible for random bar NPCs to harass my characters, or offer to pay for something more than watching, I'd be ecstatic.

Since I'm terrible at programming and have no idea how Kenshi modding works: Would any of that even be possible?

- Stripping at home

There's a japanese mod that adds a club stage where characters perform an animation and train Dex, as well as a "ticket printer" which is basically a cats cheat (turns 2 fabric into an item worth 1200 cats). Okay-ish but for a simple training device it takes way too much space, and levels up dex a bit too quickly. Also adds a Dance Cage which I like.

-> Would it be possible to mod this so instead stops being a Dexterity training device, and instead gives the dancer some fruit at low levels and some cats when they are more skilled?

Stripping elsewhere

-> Would it be possible for the PC to start dancing in an NPC-owned building? I'd imagine maybe clicking an inventory object, then your char starts dancing, and NPCs in the same building would comment, and sometimes give the PC some cats.

-> Would it be possible to do a "busker" mod where you roleplay as some kind of travelling musician or bard? Like, use the object from inventory, then make some sounds (and maybe other chars could click the musician and choose to dance or strip) 

Voluntary doing-it

-> I would love a prostitution mechanic in the game, so e.g. you'd turn up in Drin on your next playthrough, a Samurai offers to swap a half-eaten chewstick for a blow job. Or when the Samurai plant hash in your bags, you could avoid the c2000 fine by offering services to their entire squad. 

Not so voluntary doing-it: Ho cage?

The UC Nobles sound very much like the kinds of nobles who'd order a young woman to allow herself to be deflowered on the spot. Slavery throughout history had sexual aspects, I think the slavers should definitely find some way to molest and do-it-with caged up slaves.
- There's a cage that makes the person it it dance; would it be possible to make one where the person in it can be on the receiving end of some sex animation?

- Would it be possible to transfer some money, or just show the "paid" popup, when someone screws a caged slave?

- If at all possible I'd love to see city NPCs go to the slave trader's hut for a bit of paid fun with a caged slaves.

- I also imagine I would be even less likely to play male characters if I start a slave start game "get in your cage to avoid a beating right away" but then watch in horror as my char gets penetrated / dilated by dozen muscular slavers immediately after entering the wrong cage :D

Not so voluntary doing it: Defeat

Can you imagine what a gang of bandits would do to my six scantily clad dancers (I combine Silent Top bikini, Drifter's Leather Half Pants, Silent Pantyhose and Assassin Boots) if they defeat them? Instead of "Hungry Farmer has started butchering your unconscious bonedog" maybe the same farmer could anally violate my unconscious Izumi ... (though maybe better after combat than during combat.)

Keeping track of having done it

-> I'd love a statistics page, maybe there could be a "player journal" item that updates to describe the number of times they have done it, who with, in what way, and maybe add skills or achievements or something. 

Sorry if all of this is unrealistic rambling but i'm totally hooked on Kenshi at the moment, and would love to make it fit my fetish list even more :D

On 4/19/2022 at 3:18 PM, Encon4 said:

I use a short rag skirt mod, but i wish that could be even more skimpier like remove the straps on the legs and make something like an half skirt, meaning that the left side while be revealing attached only with a thin piece on the waist something like this:

also doing something to the shirt to be more revealing.

I've also been looking for a mini skirt, no luck so far. The Assassin set looked promising but also has the lower leg wrapped. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1759362407

I've found this to be the most multi-purpose lower garment: Drifter's Leather Hot Pants. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1713408896

The thong from "Silent armor" is also nice, and will fit under some other mod clothing like the "Roman Toga" where the hot pants will cause clipping problems. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1618376278

I also installed like a dozen weird Japanese mods yesterday, but the only one that I immediatery noticed ingame has overpowered, weirdly large hair bows for the belt slot.

The "Policewoman costume" seems to include a short skirt with no leg wrappings but I can't find it in the game. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2244959374

... and I guess something like the "suit making bench" (white and black stockings and some kind of bodysuit) looks too silly.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2023334802

Did not try because I expected it to conflict with Nudity mods, but maybe this skirt from "Kawaii outfits" could work for you?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=schinese&id=1389676984

Edited by Yotix
On 4/13/2022 at 10:56 PM, MotokoKHammond said:

- "bedsex": I believe this is an issue with any furniture that has more then 1 person using it at the same time, not entirely an issue with this mod, as I have had other mods with 2 person functionality that also cause similar issues.

OK, TY for the explanation. I was just disappointed ...

(My new troupe tried to get to Black Scratch, but by mistake used the wrong route around Black Dog HQ. "You said go left?" "Yeah but I meant the other left!" - so we didn't go via the farming village but though the beak thing area. Three beak things arrived, then 10 of my 15 people were still standing. Put all the wounded on mats, three more beak things came. I survived those because one got stuck on a rock, then put my 12 unconscious chars into 9 beds by using several of the sex mats. When most of my unconscious pps were screwing, more beak things arrived, I realized I was next to a nest of them. Survived that assault too. Then I was going to use the one guy who could still walk at a semi-fast pace to steal beak thing eggs, hit ^ by mistake, and sent the entire squad on a move order. And rather than sort everyone back into bed, I was lazy and hit F9, which was the end of that particular episode as it crashes every time. (I'm not angry, still had a load of fun :D