On 4/18/2022 at 12:46 AM, Codiciaf110 said:

I need a start "cheats" to be able to test the mods faster, if I put new ones I must start from 0

Some help?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1581929438

"Enhanced Shopping Economy" includes the "Barkeeper" start where you start in Stoat with 100.000 Cats, Hydroponics Farming and some rare science books. 

(My favorite cheaty start now; I just hire two guys as farmer/cook then play the others as a female dance troupe. Currently touring the UC ... 

Edited by Yotix
typos

was looking around the internet trying to figure out why my hive prince i restructured "slightly" from a regular hive prince is not registering as a stick person (still haven't figured that out) and found this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2511907369&searchtext=female+hive

can we make her sexier? or maybe fit her into some of the outfits in this thread?

edit: nevermind she sorta fits into the outfits model would need some tweaks to look right though

Edited by kaine3d
On 1/13/2022 at 10:44 PM, Kargrin said:

Basically what is holding the launch is this

kenshibug.png.041463afe6e82b916def91bb9657d48e.png

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be great...

at least for me, the 2B mod posted on here a while back had the same issue.

Just spent quite a while fumbling around and I think I fixed it. I loaded up the kenshi blender template, imported the 2B body mesh, swapped out the skeleton it imported with to use the one from the template instead, then exported and used that mesh.

Got a hint from https://kenshi.fandom.com/wiki/Character_portrait_appearing_behind_other_character_portraits

Edited by razar51
On 4/18/2022 at 1:23 AM, Entoco said:

you can create a custom start on the fcs

TY, I just tried and was surprised at how easy it is. 

Though my plan didn't work: I wanted to do a "Piratess Bar" game starts mashup, using "one kenshi" (probably from here somewhere) and the "Barkeeper" start from "enhanced shopping economy".

When I open FCS and click OK so it'll load all the mods (the current world I guess?), the Barkeeper start and start squad are not listed. I can see the "Piratess Crew" start from One Kenshi, and edit stuff.

When I open \\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\233860\1581929438\shoppingecon.mod I can edit the Barkeeper start. Now I'm stumped: I'd like to play the barkeeper start as that Nami char, by changing the start squad or adding the mod characters to it, but none of usual mods seem to be in memory while editing the barkeeper start.

On 4/21/2022 at 12:53 PM, Yotix said:

I've also been looking for a mini skirt, no luck so far. The Assassin set looked promising but also has the lower leg wrapped. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1759362407

I've found this to be the most multi-purpose lower garment: Drifter's Leather Hot Pants. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1713408896

The thong from "Silent armor" is also nice, and will fit under some other mod clothing like the "Roman Toga" where the hot pants will cause clipping problems. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1618376278

I also installed like a dozen weird Japanese mods yesterday, but the only one that I immediatery noticed ingame has overpowered, weirdly large hair bows for the belt slot.

The "Policewoman costume" seems to include a short skirt with no leg wrappings but I can't find it in the game. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2244959374

... and I guess something like the "suit making bench" (white and black stockings and some kind of bodysuit) looks too silly.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2023334802

Did not try because I expected it to conflict with Nudity mods, but maybe this skirt from "Kawaii outfits" could work for you?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=schinese&id=1389676984

If you are after skirts, I know of 2.

One can be found here & is a replacer for the monk pants:

The second is very anime & is found as part of the alchemist outfit:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1797477394

21 hours ago, razar51 said:

at least for me, the 2B mod posted on here a while back had the same issue.

Just spent quite a while fumbling around and I think I fixed it. I loaded up the kenshi blender template, imported the 2B body mesh, swapped out the skeleton it imported with to use the one from the template instead, then exported and used that mesh.

Got a hint from https://kenshi.fandom.com/wiki/Character_portrait_appearing_behind_other_character_portraits

Tried that, no avail...

Minor issue: The "One Kenshi" mod adds a ton of *cough* interesting armors, and research for them, but they cannot be crafted. 

How to fix:  Open FCS, go to Buildings -> Functionality, and add the mod's armor to the cloth or leather crafting bench.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:49 AM, Kargrin said:

It would be necessary to either fit the new race into the original human body 1:1 or every armor piece, but it would break the armors for the other races.

I've messed with blender a bit so I can probably fit the race to the same size as the original body.

I'm not good enough artistically for the nude texture though.

Might have a crack at that portrait issue for your race at some point. Maybe I can figure out just which parts of my fumbling around actually fixed things for 2B.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:11 PM, Kargrin said:

Tried that, no avail...

Here, try this. Only messed with the body meshes in the Mesh folder. Should be linked to the vanilla male/female skeletons now. Seemed to fix it for me. Didn't touch the heads or any of the armor. Dunno why they are not spawning with the armor you specify.

For some reason, if I change the filename of the .mesh files to be different from what I exported them as, it breaks again.

Hayd33 race.zip

39 minutes ago, razar51 said:

Here, try this. Only messed with the body meshes in the Mesh folder. Should be linked to the vanilla male/female skeletons now. Seemed to fix it for me. Didn't touch the heads or any of the armor. Dunno why they are not spawning with the armor you specify.

For some reason, if I change the filename of the .mesh files to be different from what I exported them as, it breaks again.

Hayd33 race.zip 21.36 MB · 1 download

20220425195527_1.jpg.95636a327053be61a92c19fa62dd69c6.jpg

UOOOOOOH HOW, WHAT WIZARDRY IS THAT

image.png.f9f79cf2553c70c190032990429a07d0.png

I opened the blender template for Kenshi

Imported the haydee mesh (with skeleton) unbided it

Then parented haydee body to the template skeleton, and imported both again

Looks like the mesh was imported without the skeleton, but how does that work? Everytime I try to export a mesh without the skeleton it doesn't work in game.

6 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Reveal hidden contents

20220425195527_1.jpg.95636a327053be61a92c19fa62dd69c6.jpg

UOOOOOOH HOW, WHAT WIZARDRY IS THAT

image.png.f9f79cf2553c70c190032990429a07d0.png

I opened the blender template for Kenshi

Imported the haydee mesh (with skeleton) unbided it

Then parented haydee body to the template skeleton, and imported both again

Looks like the mesh was imported without the skeleton, but how does that work? Everytime I try to export a mesh without the skeleton it doesn't work in game.

I linked it to the vanilla skeleton now I think so *magic* I guess? It behaves.... oddly.

and yeah I exported from the template without exporting a new skeleton.

so:

- Open blender template

- Moved appropriate gender to the 0 position

- Import haydee mesh (with skeleton). Unbound the haydee skeleton

- Bound the haydee mesh to the template skeleton

- Deleted everything else

- Selected the haydee mesh, exported with a new filename with only the Tangents and Binormals boxes checked. Did not export skeleton or animation.

- Swapped the mod to use the fixed mesh

I speculate that if the mesh is linked to the vanilla skeleton it just *works*. similar to how armor mods work as you are not really supposed to make custom skeletons for those. Not really 100% sure.

Edited by razar51
16 hours ago, razar51 said:

Hayd33 race.zip 21.36 MB · 2 downloads

they dont spawn with the armor because it seems to not be listed in their bar spawn. also thank you

On 4/21/2022 at 8:26 AM, Yotix said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1581929438

"Enhanced Shopping Economy" includes the "Barkeeper" start where you start in Stoat with 100.000 Cats, Hydroponics Farming and some rare science books. 

(My favorite cheaty start now; I just hire two guys as farmer/cook then play the others as a female dance troupe. Currently touring the UC ... 

Also, for some reason, Haydee has no head. 

Personally, I set up a small island full of cheat characters just to test out builds, move the game along quicker, as well serving as a practice for modding. 

20220408134045_1.jpg

20220427150336_1.jpg

Edited by V34
Forgot something.

Been trying to port over some FFXIV races. Not going too well so far. Thought I could maybe get away with using the FFXIV skeleton, but renaming (and minor re-arranging) the bones in the armature to match the kenshi skeleton but that has not worked so far.

I'm fairly certain I didn't misspell anything, but in-game most of the model doesn't animate and the right upper arm is glitched out into the sky.

Might just go with the nuclear option, which is to use the FFXIV skeleton to resize the FFXIV mesh to match the vanilla body mesh, then get rid of the ffxiv skeleton and use the blender data transfer feature to transfer the weight painting from the vanilla body to the ffxiv body. Then use the vanilla skeleton. probably better to do this anyway so that armor fits properly...

The FFXIV export also creates multiple materials (and hence multiple different textures) for different parts of the model, so I have to try to atlas those together (I have a blender plugin that is supposed to do this, though I've never really used it). Got the body texture to work but I must have messed something up with the head atlas as the texture there is messed up.

image.png.ea4739a3040f57e5638a01f10bde2c83.png

Edited by razar51
3 hours ago, razar51 said:

Been trying to port over some FFXIV races. Not going too well so far. Thought I could maybe get away with using the FFXIV skeleton, but renaming (and minor re-arranging) the bones in the armature to match the kenshi skeleton but that has not worked so far.

I'm fairly certain I didn't misspell anything, but in-game most of the model doesn't animate and the right upper arm is glitched out into the sky.

Might just go with the nuclear option, which is to use the FFXIV skeleton to resize the FFXIV mesh to match the vanilla body mesh, then get rid of the ffxiv skeleton and use the blender data transfer feature to transfer the weight painting from the vanilla body to the ffxiv body. Then use the vanilla skeleton. probably better to do this anyway so that armor fits properly...

The FFXIV export also creates multiple materials (and hence multiple different textures) for different parts of the model, so I have to try to atlas those together (I have a blender plugin that is supposed to do this, though I've never really used it). Got the body texture to work but I must have messed something up with the head atlas as the texture there is messed up.

The nuclear option is what I do lol, you may also rename the original weight groups and see if it works

For the textures you will need to make a texture atlas

On 4/15/2022 at 2:03 AM, Kargrin said:

ASX Small Cap Lunch Wrap: Who's up for a new ETF today? - Stockhead

Narkotic_Dawn0.5.rar 40.97 MB · 68 downloads

More clothing and more statues (somehow without collision though(forgot how to make them work lmao)

For some reason this dress in the Narkotic Dawn mod has some visual glitches, the side of the dress seems to be attached to the arm & stretches out when that arm moves like some sort of bat wing lol. Just thought I would let you know :) 

20220502003711_1.jpg