Importing a Skyrim character preset NIF to Fallout 4

Hi everyone, may I please ask how can I port a custom Skyrim character preset to be used in Fallout 4? Are there any guides on this? I recall reading a topic here mentioning how this is possible albeit including a tedious amount of work. There is also a detailed tutorial in one of the replies, together with a screenshot of someone's successful attempt at porting an almost identical Hitomi character preset from Dead or Alive 5 into Fallout 4. Unfortunately after hours of searching I cannot find that thread anymore, can someone kindly provide a link to that thread or provide me with some detailed instructions on how to import a NIF character preset file from Skyrim to be used as the player character in Fallout 4? 

Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone, may I please ask how can I port a custom Skyrim character preset to be used in Fallout 4? Are there any guides on this? I recall reading a topic here mentioning how this is possible albeit including a tedious amount of work. There is also a detailed tutorial in one of the replies, together with a screenshot of someone's successful attempt at porting an almost identical Hitomi character preset from Dead or Alive 5 into Fallout 4. Unfortunately after hours of searching I cannot find that thread anymore, can someone kindly provide a link to that thread or provide me with some detailed instructions on how to import a NIF character preset file from Skyrim to be used as the player character in Fallout 4? 

Thanks a lot!

It's a ridiculous amount of work. I managed to port the Khajiit from Skyrim into Fallout 4, took about a month and it's not even finished. It's tedious, annoying, frustrating, boring, and takes a very long time to get everything just the way you want it.

Thanks a lot!

It's a ridiculous amount of work. I managed to port the Khajiit from Skyrim into Fallout 4, took about a month and it's not even finished. It's tedious, annoying, frustrating, boring, and takes a very long time to get everything just the way you want it.

Thanks for the reply! What about porting a normal human face preset created with ECE? I know it may not be 100% satisfactory but maybe I can fine tune the rest with the in game character creation system? I just don't know whether it is as powerful as ECE or not... Porting a Khajit head over to Fallout 4 definitely sounds like a lot of work, but hey, at least you got *some* of it to work! Do you perhaps have a guide or a reference for porting a human head mesh or something that you could share? Thanks ;]

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the reply! What about porting a normal human face preset created with ECE? I know it may not be 100% satisfactory but maybe I can fine tune the rest with the in game character creation system? I just don't know whether it is as powerful as ECE or not... Porting a Khajit head over to Fallout 4 definitely sounds like a lot of work, but hey, at least you got *some* of it to work! Do you perhaps have a guide or a reference for porting a human head mesh or something that you could share? Thanks ;]

If it's just a face preset you're after, why not just use F4's ingame race menu? It's a lot more accurate than Skyrim's and a lot of people have been able to create their Skyrim character's with a few face mods. If you want specific hair from Skyrim I may be able to help with that.

Thanks a lot!

If it's just a face preset you're after, why not just use F4's ingame race menu? It's a lot more accurate than Skyrim's and a lot of people have been able to create their Skyrim character's with a few face mods. If you want specific hair from Skyrim I may be able to help with that.

Thanks a lot! However I used ECE which had a highly complicated "vertix editing" feature that allowed you do adjust the XYZ axis of every movable point on your character's face,  does the default F4 in-game race menu include this feature? Or do any F4 mods include similar features? Because I'm pretty sure it would be near impossible to replicate if the default race menu system doesn't include this feature... Thanks!

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot! However I used ECE which had a highly complicated "vertix editing" feature that allowed you do adjust the XYZ axis of every movable point on your character's face,  does the default F4 in-game race menu include this feature? Or do any F4 mods include similar features? Because I'm pretty sure it would be near impossible to replicate if the default race menu system doesn't include this feature... Thanks!

I mean it wouldn't be perfect but using F4's character creator is like sculpting with clay.

Wait, so you haven't even played Fallout 4 yet?

Thanks a lot!

I mean it wouldn't be perfect but using F4's character creator is like sculpting with clay.

Not yet actually! I've been saving up for all the good mods to be released before getting the game, don't want the game to be spoiled before I can customise the game into something I really liked XD. I'll definitely give it a try soon, thanks though!

Thanks a lot!

Not yet actually! I've been saving up for all the good mods to be released before getting the game, don't want the game to be spoiled before I can customise the game into something I really liked XD. I'll definitely give it a try soon, thanks though!

Try doing the main quest first before installing mods. Mods can screw the game up and ruin any experience you may have had.

• 2 years later...

Found this topic using google...

I've been wondering the same since I saw some mod review videos on youtube

and it seems even the jslot files for Skyrim are very different to the json files for FO4 when examined in notepad

not to mention their mods that change npc appearances seem to be way more, uh, extensive with both mesh files and texture files instead of just a simple esp like for most FO4 mods that do the same thing.

Are not all the face shape data contained in the esp files?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to port an SSE animation to FO4? Specifically, I'd like to get the Dragonfly female walk/run animations from Oldrim or SSE into FO4- the default walk is absurd looking, and I have tried all 4 "feminine walk" animations on the FO4 Nexus and none of them holds a candle to the Dragonfly walk/run animations, or the FNIS Sexy Move ones either. I've done a bit of Googling around, and it seems that the skeletons are very different in FO4 so Skyrim animations won't work at all without some modification. But there are no guides, apparently.

If it's not feasible to port the animations, does anyone know of an FO4 walk/run animation that is similar to Dragonfly's or Sexy Moves?