Periods, Am I Right, Ladies?

Right... So I need your creative help. If let's say there would be 'On Period' moodlets (Sad, Tense, Dazed, Angry and Uncomfortable) in the game, what descriptions should they have?

It has to be in the writing style of other existing moodlets. Could be serious, could be a joke, could be a clever reference.

Do you have any ideas? Because I am stuck. Please help.  :(

tenor.gif

It's Shark Week! 

Aunt Flo's in Town

Surfing the Crimson Wave

Parting the Red Sea

Girl Flu

Code Red!

Leak Week

Hailing the Red Moon

Painting the town Red

Carrie at the Prom

Boiling Tomato Soup

Flood down South

The possibilities are endless!

Well I gotta say hide the kids bc Aunt Flo is coming to dinner.

Is it just one moodlet or a series of them?

It's few, but I only have problems with this one.

You so far aren't really giving descriptions, but short sayings. A description has to describe something.

Oh ok :D

How bout this....

Monthly Visitor :

This Sim is riding the crimson wave.

In this tense and uncomfortable time she prefers not to have too much attention..... Especially from Vampires!!

It could be fun if vamps become extra flirty around Sims that are having their monthly!

You so far aren't really giving descriptions, but short sayings. A description has to describe something.

Oh! I thought you needed help coming up with a name for the moodlet. 

I think it depends on which of the effects you choose to give it:

Uncomfortable (general)- cramps, mood swings, food cravings, and headaches -- poor Firstname Lastname is on her period!

Sad - Sim Firstname Lastname doesn't know why but anything and everything is making her want to cry! Ah, hormones...

Energized - Sim Firstname Lastname is one busy bee! Today the hormones are all in sync and she wants to get everything done: workouts, homework, cooking, cleaning, you name it she's got it!

Uncomfortable (sleepy) - Ugh, sim Firstname Lastname is on her period and feeling absolutely drained from her period. Why get out of bed when the pillows feel sooooo nice?

Uncomfortable (hungry) - Sim Firstname Lastname could literally eat everything in the fridge right now, her period makes her STARVING. Grilled cheese? Yes!! Pizza? Absolutely! Pancakes, chips, cake, cupcakes, cookies -- bring them on. NOW!!

Angry - It doesn't take much to tick Sim Firstname Lastname off right now. Don't mess with her! The Red Devil inside will come after you!

Dazed - Sim Firstname Lastname is on her period and her mind's in a total fog. She can't concentrate on anything, and is getting so dist- hey look, a squirrel!

Tense - Everything stresses Sim Firstname Lastname out while she's on her period, the slightest little incident can put her on edge! What she needs right now is a good bubble bath, chocolates, and some me-time. 

How bout this....

Monthly Visitor :

In this tense and uncomfortable time she prefers not to have too much attention..... Especially from Vampires!!

It could be fun if vamps become extra flirty around Sims that are having their monthly!

Loool that's pretty gross but I love it!

Uncomfortable (general)- cramps, mood swings, food cravings, and headaches -- poor Firstname Lastname is on her period!

Sad - Sim Firstname Lastname doesn't know why but anything and everything is making her want to cry! Ah, hormones...

Energized - Sim Firstname Lastname is one busy bee! Today the hormones are all in sync and she wants to get everything done: workouts, homework, cooking, cleaning, you name it she's got it!

Uncomfortable (sleepy) - Ugh, sim Firstname Lastname is on her period and feeling absolutely drained from her period. Why get out of bed when the pillows feel sooooo nice?

Uncomfortable (hungry) - Sim Firstname Lastname could literally eat everything in the fridge right now, her period makes her STARVING. Grilled cheese? Yes!! Pizza? Absolutely! Pancakes, chips, cake, cupcakes, cookies -- bring them on. NOW!!

Angry - It doesn't take much to tick Sim Firstname Lastname off right now. Don't mess with her! The Red Devil inside will come after you!

Dazed - Sim Firstname Lastname is on her period and her mind's in a total fog. She can't concentrate on anything, and is getting so dist- hey look, a squirrel!

Tense - Everything stresses Sim Firstname Lastname out while she's on her period, the slightest little incident can put her on edge! What she needs right now is a good bubble bath, chocolates, and some me-time.

How bout this....

Monthly Visitor :

Wow, that's good!

The vampire part is funny too.

Turbo, ebonyx is right, the mood-let would dependent on the affects you want to give it and because there is so much variance person to person, moment to moment during and sometimes before and after a period. I would vote for all ebonyx suggestions as a series of possible mood-lets and also include ones like.

flirty (horny) - Egads this is possibly the worst time but Sim Firstname wants to woohoo like nobody's business. Better hope her partner doesn't mind the bed looking like a crime scene photo or is a vampire.

or

Uncomfortable (extremely horny) - Will the torture never end? Sim Firstname wants to woohoo but also can't stand to be touched. What fresh hell is this and when will it be over? Oh yeah, a couple of more days.

We have (in my country) Raise the red flag or Red Army arrived . 

I think  : Raise the red flag / grumpy / warning ! SIM just got her period , leave her immediately because you are on deadly danger.

"Don't believe anyone , who is bleeding seven days and don't die"

It is an uncomfortable moodlet, but I kind of like how it could be different types.

Ugh... I need to rethink this now.

Thank you for the descriptions, they are pretty good.

How bout this....

Monthly Visitor :

The vampires thing is pretty clever. Thank you for that. :D

Wouldn't be sims who live with so called last name? what conflict of interest would there be what if she was living with boyfriend all he thought of sex and she says no. But save relationship him trying to ultimate sin of relationship you have let him do it only break peace with yourself, How many sims in some worlds would rather want penis inside them then freaking tampon.  Has anyone notice that ill shape of tampon its fucking penis, pads too...what fuck are they trying to do to us. Is preparation for what is come or we just naive never know what happening. They can try to change the shape give waves but still shape of penis any reason behind that I don't know. Maybe pads are really man's hand in former existence, why tampon is replacement of penis which baffles me whose was it long time go did they emulate? First tampon emulated someone's penis whose?

So turbo if you need help to emulate pads and Tampons look no further then penis models and male hands it works.. just wave out hands a bit you got feminine pad.

I was thinking what did you not have power and body drain, no periods, flash of red monday, most of us girls prefer that damn period landing on weekend, somehow it lands on monday and fucks up our entire schedule...means no clean sheets no your panties tend stain which totally suck. Worst part if you sleeping wrong, back side unprepared angle you destroy your panties and pretty much leak onto your bed. SO that why called red monday. If you were prepared and sleep on side technically nothing happens, I call sleeping like clam. Supposing you red flush doesn't come out unless your on toilet so then you go crap. Headaches is worst case, and evil cramping I hate cramping...means your walking slow figure in life might walk with ducks all day long. Recovery could be stretching every chance you get, or resting.

If my sim is doing this as described I say they have back ache somewhere during evil red monday followed by uncontrolled sleep issue.

means if they doing something outside or in you be sleeping somewhere outside for hour maybe not realized what it was, its called a crash sleep.

If My sim was doing this it be pads, no tampons because I hearing horror stories putting inside you forgetting to take out because some of us prefer to stay dryer longer.

Who can that be. But then again if were sims doing that we get test how long would be unbearable.

Not saying it already happening...don't tell me they die from it. I can only hope. :angel:

How bout this....

Monthly Visitor :

You laid that out quite well. I would only add two others,

Happy: Whew! Sim firstname lastname just started her period, thank god! She's really not ready for that.

or

Flirty: Sim firstname lastname has to admit, the clock is ticking!

I have always visualized these moodlets having profiles where one sim is just varying degrees of uncomfortable, whereas another sim might have a profile where she cycles through a bunch of dominant moodlets over a couple days, and some are gonna get laid out with a migraine for 8 hrs. Also triggering the stomach holding animation during this period could simulate cramping. I know its hunger but it has always looked like cramping to me.

Elders should get some menopause too. :shy:

How bout this....

Monthly Visitor :

Happy: Whew! Sim firstname lastname just started her period, thank god! She's really not ready for that.

or

I have always visualized these moodlets having profiles where one sim is just varying degrees of uncomfortable, whereas another sim might have a profile where she cycles through a bunch of dominant moodlets over a couple days, and some are gonna get laid out with a migraine for 8 hrs. Also triggering the stomach holding animation during this period could simulate cramping. I know its hunger but it has always looked like cramping to me.

The vampire thing is interesting! I also think some sorta animation to simulate cramping would be awesome and elders should get menopause. Maybe even a way to control how long the bleeding lasts, cause not everyone bleeds for 7 days.

Yeah, I am changing from one Uncomfortable moodlet to five moodlets with Sad, Tense, Dazed, Angry and Uncomfortable types.

How bout this....

Monthly Visitor :

or

I tried to add an animation, but I would have to have one made. The hunger one doesn't make sense because the Sim is pointing at its mouth.

Yeah, I am changing from one Uncomfortable moodlet to five moodlets with Sad, Tense, Dazed, Angry and Uncomfortable types.

I tried to add an animation, but I would have to have one made. The hunger one doesn't make sense because the Sim is pointing at its mouth.

Please oh please make it an even six and add a flirty(horny) mood-let (perhaps also some kind of broadcaster to attract vampires). A rarer occurrence than the other mood-let kinds to be sure but, would fit rather nicely with the actuality of periods as well as the silly quasi supernatural universe of the sims.

As for an animation, the male alien pregnancy one minus the glow may work, as well as the labor one, or even the beginning vampire conversion symptoms animations may work to simulate cramps. Get to Work has very good headache animation for migraine and there is a starry eyes dizzy animation as well for dizzy/dazed spells.

Please oh please make it an even six and add a flirty(horny) mood-let (perhaps also some kind of broadcaster to attract vampires). A rarer occurrence than the other mood-let kinds to be sure but, would fit rather nicely with the actuality of periods as well as the silly quasi supernatural universe of the sims.

As for an animation, the male alien pregnancy one minus the glow may work, as well as the labor one, or even the beginning vampire conversion symptoms animations may work to simulate cramps. Get to Work has very good headache animation for migraine and there is a starry eyes dizzy animation as well for dizzy/dazed spells.

I don't know about that flirty one, I would have to consult that.

And none of these animations are helpful for cramps. If it has an effect, I can't do anything, an animation you see in the game is generally a complex script that actually has like +5 animations and sometimes I can't locate them all. The labor animation would be great if not for the incorrect positioning of hands as if the Sim was in labor.

I still need descriptions.

It seems a lot of people are interesting with this period things.

This site have a good explanation of what women behaviour during menstrual cycle:

https://www.everydayhealth.com/womens-health/how-your-menstrual-cycle-affects-your-behavior.aspx

I guess it can be separated and translated to TS4 like this:

Follicular period: happy +1, inspired +1 or energized +1 (randomly during the period)

Ovulation period: flirty +1 or happy +1

Ovulatory period: flirty +5 (lol)

Luteal period: tense +1 or uncomfortable +1 (randomly)

I'm happy to try provide an animation for this, it would have to be two versions possibly, for smaller and larger proportion Sims, unless Dagger's IK can be implemented but that's out of my league :blush:

I even thought further about relief and I've found a hot water bottle cc too so Sims can rest on the sofa to reduce the discomfort :)

It seems a lot of people are interesting with this period things.

This site have a good explanation of what women behaviour during menstrual cycle:

https://www.everydayhealth.com/womens-health/how-your-menstrual-cycle-affects-your-behavior.aspx

I guess it can be separated and translated to TS4 like this:

Follicular period: happy +1, inspired +1 or energized +1 (randomly during the period)

Ovulation period: flirty +1 or happy +1

Ovulatory period: flirty +5 (lol)

Luteal period: tense +1 or uncomfortable +1 (randomly)

There won't be any positive moodlets, this isn't designed to boost Sims. It's not 1:1 exactly either, it has to be tweaked to make sense in the game and not be too annoying.

I'm happy to try provide an animation for this, it would have to be two versions possibly, for smaller and larger proportion Sims, unless Dagger's IK can be implemented but that's out of my league :blush:

I even thought further about relief and I've found a hot water bottle cc too so Sims can rest on the sofa to reduce the discomfort :)

It's not so simple. There has to be just one animation for any size of a Sim and then there has to be a version when Sim is sitting. It would be nice to reuse an existing animation to save the trouble.

A heating pad or a hot water bottle is on my TODO list, but probably not in the initial implementation.