21 hours ago, StinkyBinky said:

Yeah we will get the hellenic religion into vanilla, so i might it could have some huge impact on the mod cause hellenism had a very different view on homosexual stuff and lesbians. Also hellenism had sacred prostituation i asked about that in the board but i doubt it will be added into vanilla so  i just wanna point that out. 

Yeah, I've read the dev diary. This means 3 things for the mod:

1) I will have to add exceptions for the "Hunt apostates" job action, because it wouldn't make sense for a lesbian society to be criminal;

2) They are adding togas and other Classical era clothing, which I wanted ever since I started modding, because it would make for perfect society clothing;

3) I may have an idea on how to add something like temple prostitution, but I will have to think about it some more.

Yeah and with that classical stuff they write maybe cause it fits well to the mod and the idea there could be maybe a sideplot, that the lesbian society turned hellenic and uses some of the doctrins to create their own way of hellenism we can do with the new doctrines so there could be some side plot similar to secret cults. Just an idea so the women have even more chances to take over power and do their way of life and rule a realm, similar we have in the mod right now. Just something which was comeining into my mind. 

11 hours ago, Dareks92 said:

so, first time writing here, love your mod, its great. do you have any plans of what to do when Holy Fury comes out? as far as i know there is gonna be an option for enatic succession in the pagan reformation, including hellenic.

Yup.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:48 PM, Buzhidao said:

Sigh... I guess it is time to reveal my plans to the public. I am creating a new mod based on "School of Sappho", but wider in scope, which will be released on Steam Workshop, and I am designing it with Holy Fury's features in mind. It's coming pretty soon, in September, I think. "School of Sappho" will be left in its current state for people who play with Ck2Plus and other mods.

Not in September, but let's say early October. It will have a new name as well. "School of Sappho" in its current state will still be available for download and it will be renamed to "School of Sappho: Legacy" or something. The other "new" mod will be in Alpha until people at Paradox decide to stop teasing us with Holy Fury and finally decide to release it :)

8 hours ago, veedanya said:

Whatever happened to the lesbian marriage decision? Did it get removed because the event chain fixes I posted didn't work, or because you couldn't get them to reproduce with futanaris, or something else?

Nope, they are tied to a global variable. You have to wait for a certain event to fire that will enable them. It should take about 60-75 years after the creation of the society.

Also, I don't remember really well about the problems with marriage, but I think I fixed them - everything seems to work fine now.

Never done anything with futa characters though, so I cannot say if they are compatible or not.

Support me on Patreon.

In other news:

Lesbocracy is released on Steam Workshop. Go and download it. Happy International Lesbian Day!

EDIT: delete "School of Sappho" before you install "Lesbocracy". Also, you no longer need to have Republic Equality installed to play - I've got permissions from the creator to merge it into my mod.

I will eventually update all files here as well and also release a "Lesbocracy CK2+" for CK2Plus users on Steam Workshop, which will basically be "School of Sappho" v1.7, but with a different name and without all the compatibility patches and whatnot.

So, I'm trying to nail down an annoying bug in my game which causes all enatic governments to revert to cognatic within a few days. From what I've seen in the code it's probably not the case, but I'll just ask in case I may have missed anything: Does your mod happen to include any events that will force the government to change from enatic to cognatic? Maybe something related to female authority?

I know there are a few events in the CB, civil war, and factions related files, but anything else I might have missed?

9 hours ago, veedanya said:

So, I'm trying to nail down an annoying bug in my game which causes all enatic governments to revert to cognatic within a few days. From what I've seen in the code it's probably not the case, but I'll just ask in case I may have missed anything: Does your mod happen to include any events that will force the government to change from enatic to cognatic? Maybe something related to female authority?

I know there are a few events in the CB, civil war, and factions related files, but anything else I might have missed?

You probably did not pass any female authority laws. That's the most likely explanation. You cannot have enatic laws unless you do that, with some very small exceptions.

You cannot have enatic laws unless you do that, with some very small exceptions.

Just to clarify, do you mean you cannot manually enact these laws, or do you mean that the mod has a failsafe mechanism where it will forcefully revert the government if certain flags aren't in place? Because I have no problem obtaining enatic succession, since the mod forces enactic law when enatcing the higher levels of female authority. The issue is that about a week or two after enacting it, something prompts it to revert to cognatic. And yes, I do have full female authority.
1 hour ago, veedanya said:

Just to clarify, do you mean you cannot manually enact these laws, or do you mean that the mod has a failsafe mechanism where it will forcefully revert the government if certain flags aren't in place? Because I have no problem obtaining enatic succession, since the mod forces enactic law when enatcing the higher levels of female authority. The issue is that about a week or two after enacting it, something prompts it to revert to cognatic. And yes, I do have full female authority.

Okay, then that is a bug. Which mod are you using? The one on Steam or the "School of Sappho" one? Any other mods installed?

If you're using the one from Steam, did you delete "School of Sappho"?

If you get the final law called "Lesbian Tyranny", you shouldn't have any trouble with gender laws. In fact, all other laws will disappear from the law interface.

EDIT: send me your save if nothing helps.

Yo, guys. I've just checked the stats for "Lesbocracy" and it has 60% positive ratings and 40% negative. Because of course it does xD

So, not to be "that person", but could you possibly lend me some support? :)

Also, on the bright side. It was the third most popular mod today on Steam Workshop, so that's cool :D 

yeah voted for you. also said in my comment on steam, now i play thx to your mod vanilla again even it feels somehow more strange after i mostly played plus. But i think i will start a real vanilla campaign after HF will be out. Too bad that heresy mod for Dark World is nearly dead  i got bored so i started my han kingdom in russia started a lesbian society as slavic characters converted to catholic and then switch to that DW Heresy lilithian religion and started to create madness on the map. ^^ Ok maybe  i should try to work on the mod but honestly i have no really a clue about  modding. So sadly it would be just for me the mod cause  i would stealing code by copy and past cause i have no real a clue how stuff is working in modding in ck :/

Think maybe something as extension cause mostly even CK2 is alway about being a ruler some idea to add from that 2014 mod Mistress we have to see what diffrent new kind of mod tools Holy Fury will give us maybe paradox still will surprise us with the option to play as a landless character to create the empire right from the start. I won't be surprised if they will add it in HF cause the expansions seems like that pdx will give the players now everything they wanted in the game since a long time. to play as a landless character i nearly the last big thing they still have not in the game now or annocenced in HF, so maybe if it will be in it could be  a good idea for some new stuff in the mod.

EDIT: Okay my mistake beyond Herasy is not dead ^^ just in idle until Holy fury will be released ❤️ Damn Holy Furyy is some nightmare every author is waiting right now with their mods cause of HF but it is good HF looks like a big box of CK2 candy for the players and modders ❤️

If you get the final law called "Lesbian Tyranny", you shouldn't have any trouble with gender laws. In fact, all other laws will disappear from the law interface.

Yeah, I managed to root out the cause. Thanks for the offer though.

But for now, I have some suggestions after playing with a character in the society extensively:

- There appears to be no cap on attribute gain from missions (independent study, exercise, etc), so long-lived species can stack the rewards infinitely. I'd recommend capping the stat gain using hidden character flags, to prevent exploitation for infinite attribute gain.

- You may also want to consider shifting the attribute gain from base attributes increase to a character modifier or artifact (lost on inheritance) so that it doesn't work as a type of generic re-engineering to enhance the genes of offspring as well. At least if you intend for the max attribute gain to be more than one or two points.

- The marriage decision has prohibits both the instigator and the target from being in a theorcracy (is_theocracy), but there are a number of CK2 mods in this site that has feminist religions, or religions that allow married priests. So perhaps that restriction should be repealed?

Also, is match-making still a thing, or are all marriages between AI characters now largely autonomous? I miss being able to play eugenics.

17 hours ago, StinkyBinky said:

i have no really a clue about  modding. So sadly it would be just for me the mod cause  i would stealing code by copy and past cause i have no real a clue how stuff is working in modding in ck :/

That's how I started on "School of Sappho". Now we're here. Maybe give it a go? :)

17 hours ago, StinkyBinky said:

Damn Holy Furyy is some nightmare every author is waiting right now with their mods cause of HF but it is good HF looks like a big box of CK2 candy for the players and modders ❤️

Yup. I'm excited and a bit scared. I mean I know exactly which parts of my work I will have to re-write, but even so... I will have a lot of work on my hands when HF comes out.

14 hours ago, veedanya said:

Yeah, I managed to root out the cause. Thanks for the offer though.

What was it? Some other mod?

- There appears to be no cap on attribute gain from missions (independent study, exercise, etc), so long-lived species can stack the rewards infinitely. I'd recommend capping the stat gain using hidden character flags, to prevent exploitation for infinite attribute gain.

I remember you saying that many months ago, and I took your advice to heart then. There is now an age cap: you will only get stat increases until the age of 30. Beyond that you will only get/lose traits. If you have "Lesbocracy", the trait gain is also nerfed somewhat. You will no longer get some of the positive traits like "Temperate" and traits like "Slothful", "Greedy", "Envious" and "Cruel" will no longer be removed.

You still get stat points from the "Studying" quest, and I might change that in the future.

- The marriage decision has prohibits both the instigator and the target from being in a theorcracy (is_theocracy), but there are a number of CK2 mods in this site that has feminist religions, or religions that allow married priests. So perhaps that restriction should be repealed?

Also, is match-making still a thing, or are all marriages between AI characters now largely autonomous? I miss being able to play eugenics.

It prohibits them from being a theocracy of certain religions: ones that don't allow priests to marry. Norse gyðjas, for example, will still be able to marry.

There was a decision to force your daughter to marry her lover, but I removed it completely. Now there's a random event chain that kind of does a similar thing.

And eugenics still play a large part in "Lesbocracy" :D It's not about who you marry, it's about the father of the child, and you can still get a father with amazing genetic traits.

11 hours ago, ShawnnieLove said:

Whats the difference between the mod on steam and the mod here?

I've answered you on Steam already, but it's basically the same mod, but I would really prefer if you used the Steam version :)