Concubine Mod

nightbringer

It would be pretty great, but I've never seen anything like it. To my understanding, there's an engine limitation that makes it impossible to play a character in CK2 that isn't landed.

there are some mod that allow you to play as mercenary back then without any land but you still need to have duchy title, just no land. It won't matter though, once you become concubine i think you hit gameover or your heir take over.

• 1 year later...

Maybe an option were a Non-Aggression treaty or losing/becoming a tributary state, requires marriage or even 'Concubine' to the Lord.   You could create a custom Trait/Flag (Royal Concubine) that would trigger Events associated with it and flag characters as lovers and non-marriable.  There was a mod that did something like that with 'Mistress' trait.  I use it, had a few games were character ended up Mistress of some Emperor after being conquered.

I always wanted something that created stories around 'Regents'...ambitious/greedy/cruel/hedonist/drunk traits with a regent should cause problems for a young ward.   The ward locked in a Tower or forced to marry Regent or used as an 'asset' (whored) to gain favors with corrupt council members, maybe used to increase relationships with neighboring lords or even forced married a powerful neighboring lord (King/Queen) with lands being absorbed into larger kingdom...etc.

I did have a game one time a few months ago were the Council forced my character to married a Baron's son...can't remember which game (mod wise) it was though.

21 hours ago, Merdred44 said:

There was a mod that did something like that with 'Mistress' trait.  I use it, had a few games were character ended up Mistress of some Emperor after being conquered..

Which mod was that?

And yeah, normal ('engine') concubinage is probably out, but one could simulate it with custom traits.

12 hours ago, Kagarus said:

Which mod was that?

And yeah, normal ('engine') concubinage is probably out, but one could simulate it with custom traits.

The mod is called 'Mistress' and what it does is add a Title that player or AI can assign.   The title makes recipient a Lover to the liege, also a hedonist and Lustful.  I removed the 2 traits, as I personally prefer to view the Title as 'forced upon' the character.

I can't remember who made the mod or were I got it...I've had it for a long while now.  It's fairly simple, just adds a Title.

• 2 months later...

Archived