Install Beautiful People - A Guide To Setting Up Beautiful People & Modular BP

(edit: yeah, that's what Honesty wrote above)

You could do that without a mod, only by moving/copying sound sets around.

If Data\sound\voice\Oblivion.esm\\ is the expected path for your language, then you have to copy the sound directories to Data\sound\voice\Oblivion.esm\\.

For example, in the French version, Argonian is spelled Argonien (:dodgy:), so sound files are present in Data\sound\voice\Oblivion.esm\Argonien\. Since mods expect the English version and thus change the race name, the engine will search the sounds into Data\sound\voice\Oblivion.esm\Argonian\, so they must be copied there.

And you have to do that for all mods that ship sound sets. And when the mod uses BSA files (e.g. for vanilla race, Oblivion - voices1.bsa and Oblivion - voices2.bsa), you have to unpack the sound files to make thet change too…

(if you use steam though, you can change the language afaik)

So every link/tech. support I've come across for MBP++ says that I should be able to open and extract the files with 7zip... I get one of 2 error messages every time... Format Unknown (something like that) or Could not Extract (blah, blah, blah)archive. Winrar pops almost Identical error messages. Is there a different program I need to use despite everyone saying 7zip works????????

Oh and... Moonshadow Elves have no heads and Mystic Dark Elves have white bodies with black/blue heads... any idea's why?

Hi NatanusLikens,

I have read the tech support that says to just unzip MBP++ as well. Unfortunately, because MBP++ comes in more than one part, this skips a step because the second part does not unzip. If you you go to page one of this guide and look under part 2, it describes how to merge these MBP++ files (this will give you the Moonshadow elves & should fix the issue with the Mystic Dark elves).

Found it... sort of... it's under the optional folder... though I don't see Meshes or an ESP for that race... Just going to install all of the optional stuff.

?? What's the difference in the No SC and SC versions of MS Elves???

Grrr... I had a tab open to the load order for MBP... but closed it as I had like seven tabs open and was losing track of which ones I needed and which ones I didn't find what I was looking for... MBP Load order was an accidental close >.<

So close... some of them still don't look pretty... but I don't need those races for any reason other than they are part of MBP... ALL of my Chocolate Elves though are missing stuff... mainly face textures... 1 version I can see purple under the stock clothing at the beginning of the game... and Mystic Dark Elves still show up with missing textures.

This might be solve able if I could read Japanese :P

Oh and Toilken elves don't show up as a choice still... might be because I didn't update the stock ESM/ESP files... :P working on that.

Just saying that I absolutely love this way of moding and am very happy you posted this great tutorial.

coming across one problem though. when I install the face textures they don't match the body...

I got the body in type "oiled2" with high rez textures pack and the faces in type "oiled2" too but the faces come up dull in the game.

please if you know any way to fix this could you please tell me.

thank you so much

Honestly, this should all be updated. It is honestly so simple to download and install/get MBP(++) working.

Go on the nexus, and download the latest file and updates. Then get x117(++). Download latest, updated, overwrite, finish.

There may be an OMOD somewhere on there or (google) - the install script is in Japanese though. May be one with an English script somewhere.

Thing is. I have installed the latest updates and everything. Followed this tutorial step by step and it looks great except the faces don't look oily... bodies look fine :).

I uninstalled the game entirely and just installed the hgec body and then the textures for body and face by ozmo and i still had no results...

i am absolutely confused and don't know what to do about it..

I installed oblivion to patch 1.2.0416.

Do i need to install the unofficial oblivion patch?

all help is appreciated :blush:

Hi Donny,

It's generally a good idea to install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch ( http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296 ),especially if you use a custom race (this includes most MBP races) as it fixes some issues.

Also, have you tried changing the your .ini file to bFaceGenTexturing=0 ? Before doing this, make a copy of the .ini file so you can change back if it doesn't do what you want. Then, go to (on my computer) C:/Users/(whatever you named your folder (i.e. not the ‘Public’ one))/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Oblivion (the config settings). Then in the file, find bFaceGenTexturing=1 and change it to bFaceGenTexturing=0.

Hi Donny' date='

It's generally a good idea to install the Unofficial Oblivion Patch ( http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296 ),especially if you use a custom race (this includes most MBP races) as it fixes some issues.

Also, have you tried changing the your .ini file to bFaceGenTexturing=0 ? Before doing this, make a copy of the .ini file so you can change back if it doesn't do what you want. Then, go to (on my computer) C:/Users/(whatever you named your folder (i.e. not the ‘Public’ one))/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Oblivion (the config settings). Then in the file, find bFaceGenTexturing=1 and change it to bFaceGenTexturing=0.

[/quote']

Yeah I tried it with the unofficial patch too and set the bfacegentexturing=1 to 0 but it does not make a difference. i am on windows 7. i will try and do a fresh reinstall again though just incase.. i really hope it will work this time! thanks a lot for your help! fingers crossed:exclamation:,

btw, it is ok to have all the expansions installed right? like knights of the nine and stuff?

Faces will not look oily with MPB. It doesn't change the bodies, either. It may add a different-ish shape or a tattoo or something, but that's it.

What you need to do is install the HGEC+BBB pack from the nexus - it's an OMOD, and in English.

Next install MBP(and updates/++ version) then install x117(and updates/++ version)

After that is finished, and you want HD textures for your characters and/or oily skin, you must download ozomos 4096x4096 body texture pack.

He also has a Faces re-texture pack as well. Although installing that is a little "weird" for some people though (worse comes to worse, manually install the faces and don't use the tool it comes with)

--- OILY INFO --- (sounds strange lol)

To get oily "textures" (it's not the textures that are oily, actually, it's the meshes) you must either use nifskope or GlossMAX (super super easy to use - just drop the body meshes you want oiled into the program and it auto-gloss' for you)

Ozomo's tool also has options if you want oily/not oily/more hair/less hair/bigger nipples/smaller nipples, etc (and in HD)

*** PS *** unless you're messing with XEO, don't touch "bfacegentexturing"

ah yes i see.

i reinstalled everything in right order this time but i still got no luck getting it to work. however i might have an idea as to why though. when i install the new hgec body with BBB i get new meshes and then i install the high rez textures and the body looks oily. however the faces dont get oily at all. is this because i don't got the custom meshes for them? and if so how do i get the custom meshes for the faces?

thanks a lot for your help. really learning something here!

head hurts though :P

Yep. Use that link and get GlossMAX. To oily-fy your faces' date=' just drop the face meshes into the program to oil them up a little.

[/quote']

when i throw in the face files it said it skipped them...

tried it with admin rights aswell...

it's the REN_head001.nif right? in the ren folder

EDIT: wait a minute! I think i know how to do it now... i would need the head meshes of the character i want to be oily and edit those meshes instead of fooling around with the textures. ofcourse the textures could be made oily too for some effect i think.. i will give it a try and tell you what happens!

EDITEDIT: IT WORKS!!! unpacked the imperial meshes out of the bsa file and changed the glossiness to max and works like a charm! :D

thanks everyone for all your help.

I now know how to change the glossiness and how it all works. well... sorta :P

• 3 weeks later...

hey there rogue, ive been trying to get this set up for a few days now and i just ran across your guide here. i followed it exactly the way you said to do it and i used a clean oblivion with the latest patches and the Unofficial Oblivion Patch along with the shivering isles one too. what my problem is everytime i try to make a character it always shows my character with absolutely no head. i have to say it is a little frustrating and was quite curious if you had any idea how to fix this. Any information would be much obliged :angel:

Edit: it turns out that no one in my game has a head not just the player character :(

And would it matter if im playing on the 5th anniversary edition?