Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

Hey, it's me again. Passion works perfectly so far with the positions I added, but still there's a problem.

I made a household (not family related) and changed a house's furnitures and stuff for them. Well, passion doesn't work with them, only between the sims themselves. The options don't show up in objects (beds, cars, tables, etc.). They do show up in other households. What do you think the reason could be? Is my household glitched? Maybe the tuned house? I mean the first 2 times the options showed, and then they just stopped showing....

5 hours ago, Luna_Blackwater said:

I have it all installed and I can see it in my game but they don’t actually DO anything. When I go to the settings it has positions listed as 0 but has a long list of them. Help!!

Yes passion does that when no animations found. Go the first post of the topic, under Animation Links for Passion and download some animations. You can also use AW/KW animation conversions.

5 hours ago, tsukigalleta said:

Hey, it's me again. Passion works perfectly so far with the positions I added, but still there's a problem.

I made a household (not family related) and changed a house's furnitures and stuff for them. Well, passion doesn't work with them, only between the sims themselves. The options don't show up in objects (beds, cars, tables, etc.). They do show up in other households. What do you think the reason could be? Is my household glitched? Maybe the tuned house? I mean the first 2 times the options showed, and then they just stopped showing....

Try reset lot with master controller to see if that, fix anything.

The house might be corrupted in your save game.

As long as you use Buy/Build or Edit in CAS (Edit Town -> Create Sim),

Sims 3 eats virtual memory (VM) and since it can allocate 4GB max, the free VM for it to use gets lower and lower.

A save at this time can lead into such glitches or error 12.

It's getting worse if you have lots of custom content.

A typical EA dress for example has 512x512 texture images (*.DDS)

A custom made and good looking one has 1024x1024 or more.

If you dress a sim with such dress it gets 2 times the memory of a typical EA one.

So...

If you decide to create a house or a sim with all its outfits, better start the game,

go directly to Buy/Build or CAS, edit that house or sim, save your changes, restart and play.   

2 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Try reset lot with master controller to see if that, fix anything.

The house might be corrupted in your save game.

As long as you use Buy/Build or Edit in CAS (Edit Town -> Create Sim),

Sims 3 eats virtual memory (VM) and since it can allocate 4GB max, the free VM for it to use gets lower and lower.

A save at this time can lead into such glitches or error 12.

It's getting worse if you have lots of custom content.

A typical EA dress for example has 512x512 texture images (*.DDS)

A custom made and good looking one has 1024x1024 or more.

If you dress a sim with such dress it gets 2 times the memory of a typical EA one.

So...

If you decide to create a house or a sim with all its outfits, better start the game,

go directly to Buy/Build or CAS, edit that house or sim, save your changes, restart and play.   

7 hours ago, tsukigalleta said:

This is actually a game bug that sometimes happens when adding new objects during a game session such as rabbitholes, chairs, tv's etc....the game doesn't register the objects properly and not all interactions will be immediately available doing a Save AS exiting the game and deleting the CasPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache and socialCache found in your game folder and restarting the game should take care of it.

If it doesn't click on City Hall or any computer Nraas>MC>Town>Reset Everything this will make sure everything gets taken care of. And if this doesn't work then house is most likely glitched.

That's the problem. As I'm still testing I haven't saved any game yet. I made changes in a house and then saved it to the Library folder, but didn't save the game. I tried re-doing the house and everything added to it is from the game, a few things from the Store. Same problem. I reseted the house. No difference. Once I tried to reset the whole town, but it was taking too long, like longer than usual, so I stopped it, erased the whole content of my Documents folder and copied the previous one (I always make a copy in case something goes wrong). I think the friggin' house is just glitched, because I took my household to the museum and the otions showed up there.

My biggest concern is that I have the entire town (houses and community lots) changed ages ago with game and Store content, basically to make them family friendly (cribs and pets beds added in houses, potties and entertainment things added in community lots), every file renamed and out of the game for the time being. I also have lots of households I made myself to work as neighbors. My concern of course is when I install all of them the mod won't work at all. By the way, I always delete the Cache files before starting a game

1 hour ago, tsukigalleta said:

Once I tried to reset the whole town, but it was taking too long, like longer than usual, so I stopped it,

This means a lot of objects around the Town and many of them might be trash objects, like for example if you have any mod that makes plants live longer, Sims 3 will fill your game with ground soil everywhere around Town. I got once 13000 plants in a total number of objects 38000. The game was laggy and many times crashed.

I used Master Controller Objects info to see what it was and Objects stats to remove them in MC Town -> Not inventory.

It's good to use Town reset from time to time and specially if you have seasons EP, after winter.

Also, the known cache files are only for EA EP worlds. For Store or custom worlds the cache file are in the folder WorldCaches.

I hope that you know that already. 

3 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

This means a lot of objects around the Town and many of them might be trash objects, like for example if you have any mod that makes plants live longer, Sims 3 will fill your game with ground soil everywhere around Town. I got once 13000 plants in a total number of objects 38000. The game was laggy and many times crashed.

I used Master Controller Objects info to see what it was and Objects stats to remove them in MC Town -> Not inventory.

It's good to use Town reset from time to time and specially if you have seasons EP, after winter.

Also, the known cache files are only for EA EP worlds. For Store or custom worlds the cache file are in the folder WorldCaches.

I hope that you know that already. 

I don't have a WorldCaches folder. I have DCCache (and I can't delete the content of that one without deleting it in game, can I?) and InstalledWorlds. Can I delete the last one and still have my worlds installed? I delete everything in DCBackup after testing the content is in game (except ccmerged, of course) and the sims3pack files in Downloads folder.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:59 PM, Sammy33 said:

Thanks Twilight, now my sim can register as a professional...but can't complete the Master Romancer Lifetime Wish (5 places - 5 woohoos with different sims) so Im guessing it has something to do with what Namaradus wrote:

" Also they'll only be charged by Woohooer once for the entire session not by position "

-->What is an "entire session"? you mean I need to create a sequence or set the max time to 1 hour or more? btw: my sim wont get paid at all not even 1 simoleon

EDIT: changed the initial setting from fuck to any and now everything works great!

Thanks guys :)

I did it quite a long time ago. I am not sure I remember it well but I think that if you change lot it counts as a new place.

Hey TwilightStorm! Just wanted to say that I really love Passion... just moved from KW because it was just to much for my game to handle... Passion is so much lighter apparently... Anyway, I just have two questions....

Is it possible to have sims use their outfits (keeping accessories and stuff) and have them just remove their tops and/or bottoms during animations just like in KW? I would love that system in Passion because i don't want to edit their naked outfit every time I want to play a specific scene.

And my other question is... How can I make sims move automatically to another stage? (like start in a bed then move to a couch, etc)

Thanks in advance!

New here, where can I find the files that are mentioned in the FAQ? 

The ones like 

·       cmar_emBottomNudePenis_map2.package 

·       cmar_MorphingPenisScript_1.63v2.package 

·       cmar_amBottomNudePenis_map2.package 

·       cmar_MorphingPenisVisibleOnlyTuning.package 

·       cmar_penis_angle_slider.package

·       cmar_penis_ballheight_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_ballsize_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_erection_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_foreskin_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_length_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_thick_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_tilt_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_uncut_erection_slider.package 

·       cmar_XCAS_TattooLocations.package 

·       cmar_XCAS_TuningClothingNaked.package 

·       cmar_XCAS_corefull67.package

I have no idea, thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, bobfuckbob said:

New here, where can I find the files that are mentioned in the FAQ? 

The ones like 

·       cmar_emBottomNudePenis_map2.package 

·       cmar_MorphingPenisScript_1.63v2.package 

·       cmar_amBottomNudePenis_map2.package 

·       cmar_MorphingPenisVisibleOnlyTuning.package 

·       cmar_penis_angle_slider.package

·       cmar_penis_ballheight_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_ballsize_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_erection_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_foreskin_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_length_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_thick_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_tilt_slider.package 

·       cmar_penis_uncut_erection_slider.package 

·       cmar_XCAS_TattooLocations.package 

·       cmar_XCAS_TuningClothingNaked.package 

·       cmar_XCAS_corefull67.package

I have no idea, thanks in advance.

http://cmarnyc.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-morphing-penis-default-replacement.html

6 hours ago, marcod10 said:

Hey TwilightStorm! Just wanted to say that I really love Passion... just moved from KW because it was just to much for my game to handle... Passion is so much lighter apparently... Anyway, I just have two questions....

Is it possible to have sims use their outfits (keeping accessories and stuff) and have them just remove their tops and/or bottoms during animations just like in KW? I would love that system in Passion because i don't want to edit their naked outfit every time I want to play a specific scene.

And my other question is... How can I make sims move automatically to another stage? (like start in a bed then move to a couch, etc)

Thanks in advance!

Passion has a move option but is not an automate one. You have to click an object and choose move team there.

Sims change automatically positions if you enable passion randomization setting.

The length part of the setting has to do with the animation length.

If an animation is 1 min and you add 2 min for this setting, it means that passion will play such animation 2 times.

I typically use 1min in this setting.

6 hours ago, marcod10 said:

Passion ejaculation and cum masks, made for naked outfit only.

So it won't work in part naked outfits.

As far passion does not follow the KW naked flags for half naked body.

Maybe in the future...

8 hours ago, Luna_Blackwater said:

Got it all working (I'm a dork and didn't realize I needed the animations) except for the cum animation. There's a blur for a second when I use it. I tried clicking on the link earlier in this thread for the decensor thing but the link no longer works. Is there another link for that?

Post #4 at the beginning of this topic under other mods.

The link is Sims3CensorEffectDisabled.zip and it works.

Might be something with your AV, if it refuses a download.

If so, disable it temporary download the zip and enable it.

12 hours ago, tsukigalleta said:

I don't have a WorldCaches folder. I have DCCache (and I can't delete the content of that one without deleting it in game, can I?) and InstalledWorlds. Can I delete the last one and still have my worlds installed? I delete everything in DCBackup after testing the content is in game (except ccmerged, of course) and the sims3pack files in Downloads folder.

If you delete the DCCache, you will loose all you custom and store, content.

You can rename though the contents of DCCache to .package, move them to mods/packages folder and have DCCache empty.

What ever is in DCBackup is combined in DCCache, so they need to delete. They're useless anyway.

If you play a store or custom world like DragonValey, Sims3 creates a WorldCaches folder and adds the caches for this world there.

If you don't have such folder then I guess that you play EP world like sunset valey or moonlight falls etc.

9 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

If you delete the DCCache, you will loose all you custom and store, content.

You can rename though the contents of DCCache to .package, move them to mods/packages folder and have DCCache empty.

What ever is in DCBackup is combined in DCCache, so they need to delete. They're useless anyway.

If you play a store or custom world like DragonValey, Sims3 creates a WorldCaches folder and adds the caches for this world there.

If you don't have such folder then I guess that you play EP world like sunset valey or moonlight falls etc.

Oh, I see I see! Yes, I play with Sunset Valley and use the rest to take my sims to a vacation trip. So if I ever create a game with a Store world, a new folder called WorldCaches will be created and I can deleted the whole content in that folder, did I get that right?

What good will do to turn my DCCache content into .package and put it in the Mods folder? Will it make my game run better or help with my problem with Passion not showing up when I add furnitures to a house? And if I do that, do I need to keep the doubled files that always appear in DCCache or I can delete them?

And again thank you so much for all your answers and patience. I need to treat you to a beer one of these days!

1 hour ago, tsukigalleta said:

Oh, I see I see! Yes, I play with Sunset Valley and use the rest to take my sims to a vacation trip. So if I ever create a game with a Store world, a new folder called WorldCaches will be created and I can deleted the whole content in that folder, did I get that right?

What good will do to turn my DCCache content into .package and put it in the Mods folder? Will it make my game run better or help with my problem with Passion not showing up when I add furnitures to a house? And if I do that, do I need to keep the doubled files that always appear in DCCache or I can delete them?

And again thank you so much for all your answers and patience. I need to treat you to a beer one of these days!

giphy.gif.a8bb2143d4c68c70505d03cc8abe583b.gif

Well

Since windows 95, the question for MSDOS config.sys at that time was files = ??

That means, how many files can a program open and keep them open at the same time with out getting out of ram?

The same question still stands on this game. The more files to open leads to more issues.

EA did the DcCache to get single packages from DcBackup and combine them in to large files but few in number.

That's the answer. 

Check your content with dashboard, remove duplicates, combine the content in large files with S3PE (as DBC) and give less files to Ts3W to work.

What ever is inside DCCache, is exactly what I describe above, done by the game it self.

The good is that you can do the same thing with out S3PE, just with the use of game launcher.

You can add any content that you want, let the launcher make all the packages to .dbc (for custom content) or .ebc (for store content)

rename the extensions to .package on both of those types and move them it to your mods/packages folder under a sub folder of your own.

For example, delete every dbc and ebc file from DCCache.

copy every hair content that you have in your downloads, run the launcher and install all the hair packages.

Rename the dbc/ebc files to .package and move them to mods/packages/hair created by you folder.

Delete the sims3packs of downloads and start over with other content.

For world files, you can add the files with extension .world to your X:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

and the rest of the files in your mods/packages

The cache of those worlds will be saved in WorldCaches in 2 packages that have the name of your world play.

You can delete them as you do with game cache files.

If you're familiar with S3PE we can talk further.   

I don't want to confuse you.   

16 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

I don't want to confuse you.   

Too late for that ???

I've only used S3PE so far to change clothes' categories, that's all. I'll take my time to re-read your answer and figure out how to do everything you explained.

Thanks for your explanation! Specially the parts about how many files a computer can read, I didn't know  a thing about that!

If I compress all my content as you said and add new one, I'm supposed to be able to compress it too in the same package?

47 minutes ago, tsukigalleta said:

Too late for that ???

I've only used S3PE so far to change clothes' categories, that's all. I'll take my time to re-read your answer and figure out how to do everything you explained.

Thanks for your explanation! Specially the parts about how many files a computer can read, I didn't know  a thing about that!

If I compress all my content as you said and add new one, I'm supposed to be able to compress it too in the same package?

You can import any package in to another with S3PE. You can use Resource -> Import -> As dbc, one or multiple packages. You can combine them in to one large file.

Each combined file should be not larger than 400 mb. You can keep the original files in a zip or rar file in case you need to recreate a combined one.

In my game I made them categories. A folder HAIR for all hair CCs, a folder CLOTHES for all clothes CCs, a folder ACCESSORIES for all accessories CCs etc.

Inside those folders are HAIR001.package, HAIR002.package etc. 394 hair CC files are combined in to 8 files 300 mb max.

7 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

You can import any package in to another with S3PE. You can use Resource -> Import -> As dbc, one or multiple packages. You can combine them in to one large file.

Each combined file should be not larger than 400 mb. You can keep the original files in a zip or rar file in case you need to recreate a combined one.

In my game I made them categories. A folder HAIR for all hair CCs, a folder CLOTHES for all clothes CCs, a folder ACCESSORIES for all accessories CCs etc.

Inside those folders are HAIR001.package, HAIR002.package etc. 394 hair CC files are combined in to 8 files 300 mb max.

Hon, really, thank you so much!

4 hours ago, Butta-fingas said:

Thanks TwilightStorm for continuing to improve on this wonderful mod!

Would it be possible to nest the custom TV channels under a single option  e.g Adult Channels?  

I will give it a try but from what I remember the model TV has a specific type to add TV channels.

It was like

Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVChannel:MyNewChannel        
Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVChannel:MyNewChannelHD
Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVChannel:MyNewChannelHolo

I'll test to see if Gameplay/Excel/TV/TVChanne/Adult:MyNewChannel  works or it needs another method.

Hi Twilight (and everyone else)!

I have a question about the dance pole, is this the right place to ask it?

I put it in my sims' house, when clicked it shows a list of interactions as it should but when I choose an interaction like dance or strip, all my sims do is just stare at it and after a few minutes they'll fully ignore it, the action will be deleted of their sequence and they'll go do something else. If they're passioning and I click on the pole and choose "move here", they'll reset to the front of the lot, fully nude, all actions deleted.

I clearly did something wrong somewhere with the animations or something, but I have no idea what. Any chance you can help me out?

Edit to add: I'm using Passion version 2.7.1.0. I downloaded the new version but haven't tried it yet.