The Daedra Sutra - Lovers with PK Animation Collection

For some reason I can't get daedra.exe to work I put the AP file in a temp folder on my desk top and the screenshot then added the files from DeadraSutraAssistant fold. I'm running windows 8.1

What did I do wrong

Make sure not to include any that have pillory; furniture, etc.

Those will choke daedra.exe and must be done manually.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For some reason I can't get daedra.exe to work I put the AP file in a temp folder on my desk top and the screenshot then added the files from DeadraSutraAssistant fold. I'm running windows 8.1

What did I do wrong

Make sure not to include any that have pillory; furniture, etc.

Those will choke daedra.exe and must be done manually.

I thought that just meant not to select them? You mean they can't even be present in the folder?

You can use all Daedra Sutra animations, all are fine. Only the animations with objects (pillory; furniture, etc.) you can not install with the Daedra Sutra install exe ( and the exe does not work right if you choose animations with objects)

You must not use the daedra.exe, you can install all Animations manually, the 8 kf files and the ini. The animations with objects: 8 kf files, one ini and 4 object nif files.

You can use all Daedra Sutra animations, all are fine. Only the animations with objects (pillory; furniture, etc.) you can not install with the Daedra Sutra install exe ( and the exe does not work right if you choose animations with objects)

You must not use the daedra.exe, you can install all Animations manually, the 8 kf files and the ini. The animations with objects: 8 kf files, one ini and 4 object nif files.

But I have the same issue as dragenx where daedra.exe just doesn't run at all. Maybe I'll brush off my programing skills and see about making my own version. It should be fairly simple to do in C# but I'm a little rusty so we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

But I have the same issue as dragenx where daedra.exe just doesn't run at all. Maybe I'll brush off my programing skills and see about making my own version. It should be fairly simple to do in C# but I'm a little rusty so we'll see.

Same here. The folder names have been changed in last update I think, so the assistant won't start. I've already disabled all anti virus software so it can't be that.

EDIT: I renamed the standard animations folder to "The Daedra Sutra" and now the assistant started. I'm going to put the creature ones in there too and report back with my findings.

EDIT 2: I had some weirdness and it doesn't appear to be working. Not sure what the issue is but it did not complete the merging and stopped someway through. I looked at the meshes and it seems the assistant thinks there are animations which don't exist. I intend on manually installing as at this point I don't care enough to try to find out why that's happening, but if anyone else wants to give it a go let us know if you got it working.

I'm actually mostly done with my version of the assistant. I'll post it after I've finished it and tested it some, should be about 3 or 5 more days. Kept tiring to get the pics to show up in various list views but no luck with that, so I just have the animation folders in a tree view and I spawn Picture boxes on the right side of the form to show that animation groups screen shots, click the check boxes of the animations you want. Clicking on a screen shot will launch a nonmodal full size Picture box that can be resized, click on it to close it. It can only handle 10 animations per group but currently only one group has 8 so it shouldn't be an issue, I can extend it if it is. I didn't program it for efficiency so at start up it takes a little while and uses a lot of memory because I load all the screen shots into memory at start on the other hand it responds well once its running because it doesn't need to access the hard drive again until you create your animation folder.

All thats left to is to create the folder with all the selected animations and test it. Testing might take a bit since my kids out of school next week and I can't really test while shes around so I'd have to do that late at night. I made a sanitized version of the screen shot folder so I could test the image handling while she was around. I'll be sure to include the project files as well. Language C#, development environment VS Express 2013, which can be downloaded for free from Microsoft.

To anyone having trouble with the assistant, go into the 'Daedric Sutra' file, and search 'Data'. Then just extract all folders named Data to your Oblivion directory.

NO!!!!!!

Doing that is a terrible idea!!!!  There are multiple animations (more in the normal pack than the AP pack) that have the same number which just overwrites the other.  Then folks won't have the slightest damn clue WHICH version of that animation they have installed.

The main purpose of the DS is to catalog\archive all known animations so folks can PICK AND CHOOSE.  Blindly dumping everything defeats the whole purpose.

May sound like I am being an asshole or splitting hairs, but you have NO IDEA of how many folks will just go and do crap without first checking it out properly and the flood this thread and the tech help section with pleas for help.  

Folks "CAN" use the screenshots to "PICK" which animations they want (and which versions) and install those by extracting the "data" file and merging it with your oblivion\data folder.  This would be the correct alternative to using the assistant.

Ah yes, no shortage of newbies giving bad advice these days...

Folks "CAN" use the screenshots to "PICK" which animations they want (and which versions) and install those by extracting the "data" file and merging it with your oblivion\data folder.  This would be the correct alternative to using the assistant.

This is and has been my preferred process for a while now. The Assistant is a nice-to-have, not an absolute. Some common sense needs to be applied.

PS: G' is NOT being an asshole OR splitting hairs, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I managed it to install the second ogre rape animation 229.1 in that way, that this animation will change to the normal one and back again during animation play when I press the G key. One issue left, the 229.1 animation appears somewhat shifted to the right (watched from first person view) along the z-axes. There is no possibility to change that by using the animation adjustment keys (1-9), because shifting along the z-axes is just not possible.

Is there any other possibility to adjust this animation a bit, by an .ini change or maybe I will try my limited NifSkope knowledge, if anybody is showing my the path how to do that ?

I experienced that for a few other animations too, maybe I could fix them all together. I admit, that I downscaled my females and upscaled my male somewhat and this might be partially the reason for that issue.

Ok, I managed it to install the second ogre rape animation 229.1 in that way, that this animation will change to the normal one and back again during animation play when I press the G key. One issue left, the 229.1 animation appears somewhat shifted to the right (watched from first person view) along the z-axes. There is no possibility to change that by using the animation adjustment keys (1-9), because shifting along the z-axes is just not possible.

Is there any other possibility to adjust this animation a bit, by an .ini change or maybe I will try my limited NifSkope knowledge, if anybody is showing my the path how to do that ?

I experienced that for a few other animations too, maybe I could fix them all together. I admit, that I downscaled my females and upscaled my male somewhat and this might be partially the reason for that issue.

No.  There is no ini fix.  Sorry.

The ONLY way to fix that type of alignment issue is to load the animations into blender and correct it there.  I am slowly doing this for all creatures, but work has really, really, REALLY slowed my progress down to less than a crawl.

No.  There is no ini fix.  Sorry.

The ONLY way to fix that type of alignment issue is to load the animations into blender and correct it there.  I am slowly doing this for all creatures, but work has really, really, REALLY slowed my progress down to less than a crawl.

Greg,

He might have an issue with his install of Oblivion.  I have used all the creature animations (even if only for screenshots), and they were all aligned correctly along the z-axis.

Eric

My installation seems correct. I use the example load order posted in the LAPF download thread. The 229.1 creature animation is the only creature animation that isn't correctly aligned along the z-axis. The few others, I mentioned, that aren't correctly aligned along the z-axis, are all LAPF (no Daedra Sutra anims) normal human (male on female) animations. 

As I mentioned the issue is partially caused by my scale values for males and females, but even with normal 1.0 scale there a few animations with slight alignment issues along the z-axis.

I will try my luck with blender, although I have no idea about that application. I have minor experience in photoshop and even less in NifSkope, but there is always a first time to do something.

My installation seems correct. I use the example load order posted in the LAPF download thread. The 229.1 creature animation is the only creature animation that isn't correctly aligned along the z-axis. The few others, I mentioned, that aren't correctly aligned along the z-axis, are all LAPF (no Daedra Sutra anims) normal human (male on female) animations. 

As I mentioned the issue is partially caused by my scale values for males and females, but even with normal 1.0 scale there a few animations with slight alignment issues along the z-axis.

I will try my luck with blender, although I have no idea about that application. I have minor experience in photoshop and even less in NifSkope, but there is always a first time to do something.

There should not be ANY animations that are off in the LAPF along the z axis.  I suspect that what you are seeing is a left over animation from one of the Lovers with PK packs.  List the number of any animation that is off on the Z axis from the 1-200 range and I can tell you if it is a left over animation that you might have forgotten to purge.

I think it is better if you actually posted a screenshot or a movie clip of the issue. Then we can really see if it is an issue with the animation or your own error.

Ok, I switched through all possible LAPF animations and have to say, the only two male on female animations which won't align correctly in the z-axis (the difference is minor, I can live with that) are animations using objects (altar rape animation and one where the male part sits in a chair). I am pretty sure the alignment issue happens because of the rescaling of my chars and a conflict with anim objects meshes (the objects aren't affected by my rescaling or races). I have no older Lovers animations, because I never had older lovers versions installed. The first and only installation was the newest LAPF revision and the same applies for my other mods (Slave Traders, Player Slave Encounters, Wrappy's Rape mod).

Ok, here is a screenshot of the now one and only animation (Daedra Sutra 229.1) where the alignment is just too far off along the z-axis so that scaling can't be the reason for that:

[link deleted]

You might realize, that my ogre has the mesh from the trainer ogre from Bravil Underground, but this should not be the reason for this issue (because the "old" 229 ogre animation still works flawlessly even with this ogre body mesh).

Maybe I did a mistake by installing this animation, but it's just a simple replacement of the ini motion config file and the animation files from the meshes folder. I already wondered why I can toggle between the normal 229 and the 229.1 Daedra Sutra animation, because I expected, that by renaming the Dadra files to "229" and overriding the LAPF creature anim files, only the new DS animation will be available...the strange is, when I toggle the "old" 229 animation by pressing G ingame, this animation is even perfectly aligned.

I just keep asking for a solution of this issue, because it's a really good animation and a favorite one.

I'll say this for the 1,000,101st time, creature animations have NOT been overhauled.  To bring the same alignment fixes to lovers creatures that I did for the animations in the LAPF requires EACH AND EVERY kf file (8 per animation) to be loaded into blender, manipulated, exported from blender and then tested in game with the new ini format.  I am slowly working on this in the lovers creatures animation overhaul but between moving and getting slammed at work progress has stalled.  I am hopeful that I can get back into a limited modding swing in about 2-3 weeks but that is all dependent on work.  Now if I win the lotto, I can quit that pesky job and get right back into full time modding.... :P

Ogres are WAY down the list as I was working on creatures in alphabetical order:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21315-creatures-overhaul-workshop/

The particular animation you are talking about I "think" is one of the NT animations and ALL of those suffer from z-axis alignment issues.

As to human to human alignment - if you do NOT have scale of 1.0 to 1.0 in height then the animations will be off.  There is nothing that can be done about this.  Oblivion has zero ability to auto align animations according to scale.  All animations were aligned to be dead nuts on if scale height for BOTH NPC's is 1.0.  Furniture won't have any effect on things, scale will.

Hope that clears things up!  :)

Cheers,

Greg

Ok, seems I missed that 1,000,101 times :-)

No issue, I just wanted to know whether the mistake was on my side. I have time to wait, or maybe I will start to learn something about Blender and try for myself. Just one last question, could you give me a link to that thread where you will post updates to creature animations?