Diverse Bodies (+ Manual Tweaking with Hotkey Controls, Diverse Vaginas, Less SPECIAL impact)

As expected, after initially working well again on a new save, it quickly stops being responsive. I can't tell if the automatic diversification is still working, but the manual options stop coming up after about an hour of gameplay. Anyone know any reason why this might be the case? Its not essential, but it is kind of annoying to have it work for a short while only.

Edit: Uninstalling, saving and then reinstalling seems to fix it - but I presume all the previous auto-diversity gets overridden, not a huge deal I guess as I'm only really concerned with a few NPCs in particular anyway, but I'm still pretty sure this is a bug where it's getting stuck or conflicting with the vanilla game's dialogue code.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 5:49 PM, Zuxuliax said:

As expected, after initially working well again on a new save, it quickly stops being responsive. I can't tell if the automatic diversification is still working, but the manual options stop coming up after about an hour of gameplay. Anyone know any reason why this might be the case? Its not essential, but it is kind of annoying to have it work for a short while only.

Edit: Uninstalling, saving and then reinstalling seems to fix it - but I presume all the previous auto-diversity gets overridden, not a huge deal I guess as I'm only really concerned with a few NPCs in particular anyway, but I'm still pretty sure this is a bug where it's getting stuck or conflicting with the vanilla game's dialogue code.  

Same here. The auto-div works fine but the ring doesn't work at all. Maybe it doesn't work with the actuall versions of looksmenu.

I don't think this mod is working completly anymore. The NPC auto-div works fine so far but anything manuell or on the player doesn't work anymore. There are no shape/size changes with new stats on the player (luck, charisma, etc) and the ring doesn't respond to manuell player/NPC changes too.

I guess Looksmenu is too new for this mod.

19 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I don't think this mod is working completly anymore. The NPC auto-div works fine so far but anything manuell or on the player doesn't work anymore. There are no shape/size changes with new stats on the player (luck, charisma, etc) and the ring doesn't respond to manuell player/NPC changes too.

I guess Looksmenu is too new for this mod.

I've worked it out I think, I believe the ring will be unresponsive if its in the middle of editing an NPC already. You run into the same problem if you use the ring to re-autodiversify an NPC, and then try and do it manually before its finished. It just won't come up with the menu at all.

If you just want to manually tweak a handful of characters yourself you can get around the issue by:

1. Saving your game.

2. Uninstalling the mod.

3. Load the game
4. Save the game
5. Reinstall the mod and return to it.

You should then be able to use the ring to edit NPCs manually. I've manually edited NPCs using this method before and they seem to keep your chosen settings even if you're running the auto-diversity setting on everybody else. You should find though that sometimes the ring will just start working randomly again anyway if you catch it inbetween doing its own automated thing.

I hope this helps!

17 minutes ago, Zuxuliax said:

I've worked it out I think, I believe the ring will be unresponsive if its in the middle of editing an NPC already. You run into the same problem if you use the ring to re-autodiversify an NPC, and then try and do it manually before its finished. It just won't come up with the menu at all.

If you just want to manually tweak a handful of characters yourself you can get around the issue by:

1. Saving your game.

2. Uninstalling the mod.

3. Load the game
4. Save the game
5. Reinstall the mod and return to it.

You should then be able to use the ring to edit NPCs manually. I've manually edited NPCs using this method before and they seem to keep your chosen settings even if you're running the auto-diversity setting on everybody else. You should find though that sometimes the ring will just start working randomly again anyway if you catch it inbetween doing its own automated thing.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for that. Did you ever noticed a change of the player body with different stats (charisma, etc) while leveling up?

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Thanks for that. Did you ever noticed a change of the player body with different stats (charisma, etc) while leveling up?

To be honest I always play as a male PC anyway, but I think Diverse Bodies only works on NPCs (unless you use the manual mode.) But to be honest its pointless using DB for the player character as there is a mod that allows the player to have a different CBBE preset to the rest of the NPCs anyway. Be much easier and quicker to do it in the bodyslide.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:19 PM, Zuxuliax said:

To be honest I always play as a male PC anyway, but I think Diverse Bodies only works on NPCs (unless you use the manual mode.) But to be honest its pointless using DB for the player character as there is a mod that allows the player to have a different CBBE preset to the rest of the NPCs anyway. Be much easier and quicker to do it in the bodyslide.

Do all bodies get resetted to standart cbbe when I uninstall the mod?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:59 PM, Zuxuliax said:

This mod confused the hell out of me. Would love to know if anyone has a fix for this.

First of all, it took me far too long to realise that wearing the Diverse Bodies Ring was preventing dialogue with NPCs. I went through multiple trial and errors before I finally worked it out - probably would have realised much sooner if I'd had subtitles on, but there you go.

In any case I got this mod to work incredibly well, even edited a favourite NPC manually and everything was working well. Since then, I *think* since changing the CBBE preset to one with better physics, I've not been able to edit NPCs at all. Some of the NPCs reset their bodies, which wouldn't be an issue, but now I have the same issue that 'XYZXYZ' reports- NPCs simply say "you want to change my body" but the Diverse Bodies dialogue box never actually appears.

Strangely though, if I load an older save from before I had Diverse Bodies installed it works fine, so it can't be mod incompatibility.

I'm not really a computer sort of person, just getting mods to work semi-coherently is about my limit, but it seems to me that it would make more sense to give Diverse Bodies its own key, rather than relying on a toggle/wearing + E system which is doomed to confuse the game at some point. I'm contemplating starting a new game as I'm not far into the current story, but I suspect this is just going to happen again at some point. It just a bit frustrating.

Hey man did you ever find a solution to this? It's the same problem I'm facing at the moment. A prompt to change the body and then no actual ability TO change it, no sliders appearing etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...