Do you guys watch TV?

Funny question, i used to watched tv. But now i read traditional books & internet articles more often than watching up television all days. Unless when i watch some movie or interesting culinary shows or intriguing series like 'law and order'. That's all.

But then every house has a tv? ..has it not?

Funny, I even forget that I have an old 42" plasma tv downstairs because I haven't used it in years maybe. My roomies use it, but not me. I do watch movies and some shows on my computer though, not a lot, but I do. I'm horrible at skipping around and rarely watch things straight through unless I'm just playing it in the background, though that doesn't really count as watching, does it?

I dumped my TV 12 years ago, before the wife and I got married. She brought one into the house(about 5-6 years ago). But, I think the last time she turned it on would have been when we had some really severe weather rolling through and couldn't find anything about it(earlier in the year). Which of course was really helpful. Yay the marvels of cellphones and the intertubes and all that.

She watches stuff on the computer, otherwise she's either gaming or got her nose buried in a book when she's not doing something else.

TV - no. There hasn't been any tv shows worth watching and I despise the so called "reality tv" stuff. The only TV viewing I end up doing is during march madness.

Movies - yes. I have a ton of movies I cycle through.

However, I spend more time reading than both of the above. :)

I did than i saw that all they had was reality soap's with whiney woman and shitty "comedy" i mean if i hear a pre recorded editted in crowd laughing i switch because it isn't funny!

Now they don't even show tits in the kid series anymore (Yes i had that when i was younger) so that's DEAD basicly only at night there is just 1 channel that actually shows a movie

I work nights at the moment, so I spend most of my working hours watching TV. Not that there is anything good on most of the time... Mostly re-runs. And the commercials is enough to drive one to madness.

But other than that I only watch TV very occasionally, mainly SVT (state television - no commercials).

Guest GingerTom

@gregathit quote: ' I despise the so called "reality tv" stuff'. (Well, gregathit, I watch 'reality tv' because a show like Survivor gives great insight as to how people think. Who can ever forget Johnny Fairplay on Survivor? He lied to everyone (that's how you win that game) they all knew he lied--and even told him so to his face--but then he'd say 'but I wouldn't lie to you' and they'd believe him!) That's how politicians get voted in.

@Kashked--'And the commercials is enough to drive one to madness.' Use your computer as below...

As to the question: Never. Not for about ten years but I have a WD TV box: http://wdc.com/en/products/homeentertainment/

I simply shoot my computer over to one of my USB external hard drives, then over to my WD TV/television when I want to watch movies etc.

Almost never. All I really need is on the computer. The only times when I use the tv is to play console games. As for watching TV, almost never. With Netflix and HBO Go (for Game of Thrones) the TV is obsolete.

State run TV?

Sounds bad' date=' man.

[/quote']

Well, they are the only channel who runs quality shows. They broadcast HBO and BBC shows in addition to their own material, which never would be shown on a commercial network, mainly since they are too expensive. Commercial TV only shows eternal re-runs of bad sit-coms, which are interupted by commercials every 15 minutes, making it unwatchable.

I generally try to stay clear of anything state-run when it comes to other services, but they do run the best TV-network in Sweden. BBC is also staterun, and is arguably the best television service in the world. Somehow the state, who manages to bungle pretty much anything else it touches, are able to run good television. Don't ask me why.

Whenever I feel like it. DVR records shows I like the most; Burn Notice, Dr. Who, NCIS, etc. House (of course). When channel surfing it's mostly science/discovery/etc channels or movie channels.

Netflix and Hulu may have replaced TV for most people you know, but not for 'most', and not by far. I can skip commercials if I record with the DVR or HTPC, and there's no way I'm going to watch movies on a 20-something inch computer screen in a chair when I can plop my ass on a leather couch in front of a 100+ inch HD projector with surround sound. I haven't been "to the movies" in ages though. Why bother, I have a movie theater in my living room!

Whenever I feel like it. DVR records shows I like the most; Burn Notice' date=' Dr. Who, NCIS, etc. House (of course). When channel surfing it's mostly science/discovery/etc channels or movie channels.

Netflix and Hulu may have replaced TV for most people you know, but not for 'most', and not by far. I can skip commercials if I record with the DVR or HTPC, and there's no way I'm going to watch movies on a 20-something inch computer screen in a chair when I can plop my ass on a leather couch in front of a 100+ inch HD projector with surround sound. I haven't been "to the movies" in ages though. Why bother, I have a movie theater in my living room!

[/quote']

Hook up your computer to your TV and get a cordless keyboard and mouse. Also great for gaming. :D

Hook up your computer to your TV and get a cordless keyboard and mouse. Also great for gaming. :D

Hah.. no thanks.. :) I don't want my PC in the living room, and being a developer I'm really picky about my keyboard and mouse; cordless ones just don't cut the mustard.

I do have an HTPC hooked up but never finished it. I meant to put MAME on it and a bunch of arcade games and stuff, as well as to replace the cable co.'s DVR, but right now it's about half done. Can watch TV with it, but no DVR, no program guide, and the only game is tetris -- which is still fun after all these years, btw.. haha.

Hook up your computer to your TV

Funny story; a few months back I spent 90 USD on an HDMI cable for my TV to go dual monitor with my old PC. Flash forward to recently when I got a new computer, only to find out it lacks an HDMI hookup.

So now my 90 dollar cable does nothing at all.

... I'm so depressed...

There's always a TV on around here, but I'm never one of the people watching it. At most I'll toss a show or movie onto another monitor. The only time I'll use the TV is to play games off of my PC (wireless 360 controller FTW).

Funny story; a few months back I spent 90 USD on an HDMI cable for my TV to go dual monitor with my old PC. Flash forward to recently when I got a new computer' date=' only to find out it lacks an HDMI hookup.

So now my 90 dollar cable does nothing at all.

... I'm so depressed...

[/quote']

You must have some kind of second video port (DVI, DisplayPort, VGA). there are HDMI adapters for those for cheap.