Just finished the last update and I must say I'm kinda dissapointed. Was it really just one scene with this guy guarding the door or did I miss some content?

From 0.7 version? No, you missed a lot of content.

Unless you are talking about the update 0.81 in comparison to 0.80. But you shouldn't really wait any new scene.

I decided to try this mod, so I set up a new profile in mod organizer with most of my mods uninstalled, but this one present.

I ducked out of the main plot after talking to the jarl in Whiterun and headed to riften. 

I noticed that choosing some sensible options seemed to cause the mod to stall, but with a few reloads of the riften bar encounter, I managed to get that scene to trigger and the riften jail encounter to move forward. After servicing the captain (and assenting to his "requests"), I got the option to skip waiting or to continue. I - perhaps foolishly - choose continue.

(Aside: when offered a drink, I did not have a "thank you" or "thank you, that would be great" option, which seems like a missed opportunity for that encounter. But that is not my current problem.)

Now, everything seems stalled. I went out and leveled up (level 2 -> level 9), and I waited for about a week, and nothing seems to happen:

If I talk to the captain, he complains about his knee.

If I talk to guards, nothing seems to happen.

If I talk with Keerava she says I should talk to the guards.

uh...

So... I guess I am not impressed and do not understand how other people have come to regard this quest so highly. It seems like it might have some good ideas in it, but that it could use quite a bit of work yet.

Still, if someone wants to tell me how I stupidly overlooked something obvious, or feels like giving me any other sorts of hints, I think I would appreciate that.

Still, if someone wants to tell me how I stupidly overlooked something obvious, or feels like giving me any other sorts of hints, I think I would appreciate that.

There is supposed to be a guard/courier that shows up with a letter from the Captain telling you where to go next (and I think if you serviced the guard it should only take 1 in-game day).  I usually encounter him on the bridge between the Riften Jarl's keep and the market.  We're talking Skyrim couriers however, so if something in your game is keeping him from spawning or finding you then the quest will hang.

IMO your best bet would be to reload to prior to leaving the Riften jail and select "skip wait", just incase that helps force spawn the courier.

I decided to try this mod, so I set up a new profile in mod organizer with most of my mods uninstalled, but this one present.

I ducked out of the main plot after talking to the jarl in Whiterun and headed to riften.

I noticed that choosing some sensible options seemed to cause the mod to stall, but with a few reloads of the riften bar encounter, I managed to get that scene to trigger and the riften jail encounter to move forward. After servicing the captain (and assenting to his "requests"), I got the option to skip waiting or to continue. I - perhaps foolishly - choose continue.

(Aside: when offered a drink, I did not have a "thank you" or "thank you, that would be great" option, which seems like a missed opportunity for that encounter. But that is not my current problem.)

Now, everything seems stalled. I went out and leveled up (level 2 -> level 9), and I waited for about a week, and nothing seems to happen:

If I talk to the captain, he complains about his knee.

If I talk to guards, nothing seems to happen.

If I talk with Keerava she says I should talk to the guards.

uh...

So... I guess I am not impressed and do not understand how other people have come to regard this quest so highly. It seems like it might have some good ideas in it, but that it could use quite a bit of work yet.

You barely started the quest. Choose skip waiting next time you load the game. Apparently when you choose continue you have to wait like two weeks in game time. And it could be buggy. Better choose skip option.

Just finished the last update and I must say I'm kinda dissapointed. Was it really just one scene with this guy guarding the door or did I miss some content?

Unless you are talking about the update 0.81 in comparison to 0.80. But you shouldn't really wait any new scene.

I'm talking about 0.7-0,8. Could you hint me how do I get this content? I know there is possibility to let that invisible assasin go and not being able to join the guard but is there any other way to continue with the quest or the content is somewhere else?

I'm talking about 0.7-0,8. Could you hint me how do I get this content? I know there is possibility to let that invisible assasin go and not being able to join the guard but is there any other way to continue with the quest or the content is somewhere else?

Most of the new content is adding more side stuff to Falkreath.

This post by ThatsAllFolks is a pretty good guide - (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/77152-thief/page-33?do=findComment&comment=1996712).

The guide above is really great. It's everything you need to know.

I've hit an abrupt brick wall in Falkreath, if someone could help out I'd appreciate it. I'm at the quest stage: Look for the thief's traces in Falkreath. I played 0.7.2 back when it was released and I was sure that all you had to do was speak with some people about the thief before being directed to Lod. I'm not getting any dialogue options regarding the thief though.

In my save, Falkreath is currently occupied by the Stormcloaks as a result of the treaty during the main quest, the civil war quest has not been started however. I don't know whether or not this may be the cause. (While reading previous posts I noticed that Dengeir can have an effect on the 0.8 content, but he's usually put there through the civil war, not the treaty)

I also tried going back a couple saves in case something may have broken during the quest, however it hasn't fixed the dialogue issue (saving and loading on the spot doesn't make the options appear either).

If there's no known issue regarding this, could someone please tell me the questid for the Thief quest? I may be able to at least circumvent the issue using sqs and setstage that way (assuming it doesn't break something).

Edit: I used the following steps in order to get the quest working.

-Uninstall mod

-Save game

-Used Save Game Script Cleaner

-Completed Civil War quest

-Installed mod again

-Replayed mod from start to Falkreath

Using this method has caused the MCM menu for this mod to have no options available and the UI elements added during the minigames to disappear. However I am still able to play through the quest as normal as long as I know how the minigames work.

You barely started the quest. Choose skip waiting next time you load the game. Apparently when you choose continue you have to wait like two weeks in game time. And it could be buggy. Better choose skip option.

I think I would have to go back and replay that scene to get the option. Simply loading the game does not give me that option.

But if it's this buggy, I am not interested in playing the quest. I might be interested in rewriting it so it works, or in waiting for someone else to do so.

I think I would have to go back and replay that scene to get the option. Simply loading the game does not give me that option.

But if it's this buggy, I am not interested in playing the quest. I might be interested in rewriting it so it works, or in waiting for someone else to do so.

Replay the scene. It's not a big deal. Don't let this first impression prevent you for experiencing the rest of the mod.

Replay the scene. It's not a big deal. Don't let this first impression prevent you for experiencing the rest of the mod.

It's a big deal because this is not the first instance of this "quest stalls" problem I encountered with this plugin, and also because I have no reason to believe that it will be the last.

It's a big deal because this is not the first instance of this "quest stalls" problem I encountered with this plugin, and also because I have no reason to believe that it will be the last.

We don't have any reason to believe a free mod downloaded on this site will work without flaws. Especially a heavy one like this. But it's your choice in the end. If you decide to play it and have questions, we'll be happy to help.

We don't have any reason to believe a free mod downloaded on this site will work without flaws. Especially a heavy one like this. But it's your choice in the end. If you decide to play it and have questions, we'll be happy to help.

My question would be: if I sit down and find and fix all the flaws I find in this mod, would I have permission to redistribute my modified version of it?

(Since I would have to change how the quests work, and since I would have to rely on my own choices when fixing it, if I reworked it, my version would almost certainly be not entirely true to the original... This also assumes, of course, that I could even figure out how to fix things.)

My question would be: if I sit down and find and fix all the flaws I find in this mod, would I have permission to redistribute my modified version of it?

(Since I would have to change how the quests work, and since I would have to rely on my own choices when fixing it, if I reworked it, my version would almost certainly be not entirely true to the original... This also assumes, of course, that I could even figure out how to fix things.)

Well, I think you could talk to Dogma about it. He speaks Russian though. But I think it could be a lot of work, the scenes are heavily scripted.

Well, I think you could talk to Dogma about it. He speaks Russian though. But I think it could be a lot of work, the scenes are heavily scripted.

And I do not speak Russian at all.

Still, if Dogma posts here and grants permission, I might try.

(Scripts do not scare me. Usually other some people work faster than me, and I do not see any point in trying to compete with them, but if no one else is going to fix this, I imagine that I can. But I will not if my distributing something that works differently would offend the author.)

(Scripts do not scare me. Usually other some people work faster than me, and I do not see any point in trying to compete with them, but if no one else is going to fix this, I imagine that I can. But I will not if my distributing something that works differently would offend the author.)

He's active here on LL, you could just send him a PM using google translate (which is actually pretty legible between English and Russian).  There were plenty of machine translated versions of the update floating around the thread since people were so eager to try it out and I know he's fine with people making patches for Captured Dreams/translations ect.

He's active here on LL, you could just send him a PM using google translate (which is actually pretty legible between English and Russian).  There were plenty of machine translated versions of the update floating around the thread since people were so eager to try it out and I know he's fine with people making patches for Captured Dreams/translations ect.

So he does not monitor this thread?

But, also, the mod does not include the script source code. And that might be a problem. There's a decompiler on nexus, though, so I'll try that.

(There's no real point in bothering him if I am not capable of fixing the thing.)

So he does not monitor this thread?

But, also, the mod does not include the script source code. And that might be a problem. There's a decompiler on nexus, though, so I'll try that.

(There's no real point in bothering him if I am not capable of fixing the thing.)

He does monitor, but not every day.

the Farmers's way Achivements

soluce any one?

Farmers

Spoiler
Kust did promiese something to two farmers?
Spoiler
Black-brair Reserve! (have to be that one)
Spoiler
Give it to the beggar! (so make sure you paid him, after he carried the body. Or else he will not talk to you). then just have a drink with Kust
Spoiler
After the player have had a scene with the farmers, this is where I have to find the last scene?!(so if you find it, let me know)
Spoiler

Click only if you wanna know what it involves!!!

Spoiler

They player will be butthurt! then the player have to have a scene at the inn, to make a mess on a bed! Which will make Narri angry, and Revenge will start (how I am not sure yet! But it will lead to extra scenes, like sex with the jarl etc.)

???!!