Posted (edited)

Version: (EN) (LE) 1.7.1
In the Tolgan - "debt", when on the scene I select to leave early (in the 1st time and the repeating scene as well), time is not properly reseting(time starts in night time) when the character wakes up.

Specifically the 1st time it started the quest with day 0/7 and the option to sleep on the bed, was available after waking up.
Sleeping again and selecting to wake up early when with Tolgan, results in the repeating scene, but still the day doesn't progress and character wakes up in the night, being able to sleep directly again when interacting with the bed.
Norring is coming also each time character wakes up to explain the daily routine.

Using the other options besides sleeping early seems to work fine so far, and day progresses normally in time and quest.

Anyone else have same issue or a way to resolve it?

Edited by Gimlord
22 minutes ago, Aaylas said:
  Hide contents

Do you need to become champion in Silentwood to progress with the main quest? Or is there an easy alternative?

No. You can infiltrate the basement with the help of Rangela, the kitchen assistant (after you done favor for her - which will require access to the Hunter's house and humiliating her sister by sleeping with her man) or you can sedude Korst the gatekeeper, if you have been rude to him first time you met after the trial, you apologize to him and then if you don't press anything until the end of scene you'll have a date at his house in the hill, but you'll have to ask the giant to talk with his wife when he says he forgot to ask her.

Both of these options will be available after you learn about them during the tree house meeting with Hokki's friends. 

14 hours ago, Gimlord said:

Version: (EN) (LE) 1.7.1
In the Tolgan - "debt", when on the scene I select to leave early (in the 1st time and the repeating scene as well), time is not properly reseting(time starts in night time) when the character wakes up.

Specifically the 1st time it started the quest with day 0/7 and the option to sleep on the bed, was available after waking up.
Sleeping again and selecting to wake up early when with Tolgan, results in the repeating scene, but still the day doesn't progress and character wakes up in the night, being able to sleep directly again when interacting with the bed.
Norring is coming also each time character wakes up to explain the daily routine.

Using the other options besides sleeping early seems to work fine so far, and day progresses normally in time and quest.

Anyone else have same issue or a way to resolve it?

yeah i kinda noticed that as well... even if u use bench to pass time, change time of the day.. it doesnt work accurately some times

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 8:37 PM, Soothing Darkness said:

So there are hundreds of pages now, so it's really hard to search through all of them. Does anyone know how to stop my character from walking off in some random direction away from where a scene should take place? I'm outside of Silentwood after following a guy there. He went to get his friends, and now my character is walking off down the river. I've restarted this scene many times now, and she just walks off too far, in some random direction. A few steps at a time, pause, repeat.

That's True directional movement, if you have it... i can confirm that it has alot of problems related to scripted walking, i even made a post into the mod's page, considering that the game intro and wedding have the same issue, to avoid this problem on thief you'll need to use the mcm debug options to enable controls in cutscenes and then walk close enough to the place your character is trying to walk and use the debug option to disable the controls in cutscene again. sry for bad english.

Edited by Oyhuria
28 minutes ago, xxx65 said:

Are the Rangeela and Korst quests available for the loverslab version or only the pateron versions?

It should be public, so on loverslab.

The next update focused on the dwemer ruins and the tree house is going to be temporarily on patreon

Posted (edited)

Is there any command to modify the day tracker (0/7) that is used in the Silent wood quest?

If I understand correctly so far, even if you complete the objective and get the information about the thief from Hokki, you can't sleep in Silent wood, after the 7th day (I guess until you progress a lot the main quest and catch the thief).

Edited by Gimlord
On 5/4/2024 at 9:09 PM, KanoBuhen said:

So I just installed the newest update. Now Silentwood is completely empty of npc's and I cant go into any doors.

Anyone know a solution to this?

13 minutes ago, Highborn said:

The mod was probably installed wrong. Never saw anyone having a problem like that.

I tried reinstalling it and still has same issue. Haven't added any new mods since last playing the previous version of Thief, and it worked fine then.

40 minutes ago, KanoBuhen said:

I tried reinstalling it and still has same issue. Haven't added any new mods since last playing the previous version of Thief, and it worked fine then.

Are you using a new save game?

ohh i found one tweak which gave me lotta headache back then..

so yk in some scenes when cam is not in players control u sometimes see invisible actors... thats why theres optional plugin "Dogma (tweak) - Remove Object Fading.esp" inside thief mod that disables actor fade.. but it has one issue.. u cannot use "no Collison camera" which lets u rotate camera through walls and anything.. it was good for watching scenes in compact areas and walls.. like u can view scenes in complete 360 without camera getting blocked in some spaces.. but that mod doesnt work with "Dogma (tweak) - Remove Object Fading"... so when u use both together.. it nullifies object fading... so u start seeing those problems again.. like in "moneylander" or "bard college head master sperm collection" scenes...

now theres good solution.. u should have installed "sse display tweaks" from nexus,,, in its ini just search set this true.. and u wont need optional plugin anymore...

## Disable actor fade when camera intersects the body.
#
DisableActorFade=true
## Disable player fade when camera intersects the body.
#
DisablePlayerFade=true

with this u can use no camera collision mod without facing actor fade issue

...or you can learn how to use xEdit and make yourself a patch that merges best (in you opinion) of two^ mods that modify (fields of) the same node/struct, (not necessarily conflicting per se), in which case - latter on the load order wins even if it does not have to.

21 hours ago, Highborn said:

Are you using a new save game?

No, because I didn't want to redo the entire quest over again. But I guess that's the only way to get to do the small update. Also will add I've changed versions with this very same mod before on the same save without any issues, so I just figured I could do it again.

18 hours ago, PippinTom said:

...or you can learn how to use xEdit and make yourself a patch that merges best (in you opinion) of two^ mods that modify (fields of) the same node/struct, (not necessarily conflicting per se), in which case - latter on the load order wins even if it does not have to.

idk abt xedit.. i tried it long ago but couldn't figure it out.. also out of these 2 options using display tweak is much easier option for average user like me,, u install it for better performance anyways,,, just have to make small changes is ini which doesnt affect anything besides fading    

6 hours ago, sagar123 said:

i tried it long ago but couldn't figure it out..

noCollision camera and dogma's tweak are perfect pair to start with (small and simple) - check https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/5-conflict-detection-and-resolution.html (ignore word "conflict", focus on merging mechanics/logic). It's really not that difficult in most cases, except those when user should know what particular value/field means/affects because it's not obvious/intuitive/documented anywhere. Try it and you my see that you don't need either of those plugins after that, because you can harvest them of (only those) goodies you want and put them in one private plugin that works as collector of small/simple yet useful tweaks, and takes up to one slot in you LO.

Anyway - out of two approaches, knowing xEdit ultimately (after collecting some knowledge/experience on the way) solves unlimited other number of similar issues and makes you (somehow) less-dependent in terms of patching, especially with uncommon combination of mod pairs; while mentioned ini tweak solves just one small issue, and it requires to use yet another DLL plugin created "who the fuck knows what for really" (I never even considered it as "must have" one for my games), but that's just me - the less is better for me.

Posted (edited)

is there a way to reset the days in silentwood (console)? or get more then 7 days? would be thankful for an answer!

found something that seems to work

set bd_hs_sys_day_total to XX

set bd_hs_sys_day_left to XX

set bd_hs_sys_day to XX

dont know if u only need 1 or 2 or all 3

Edited by pinkpunkt