Seeing a Pattern? [Rant, Discussion?]

I'm a grandpa!

Grats! Would say well done but you technically had nothing to do with it' date=' apart from the previous stages I guess, so grats on enabling the subsequent events to happen!

[/quote']

Congratulations indeed :)

I'm a grandpa!

Grats! Would say well done but you technically had nothing to do with it' date=' apart from the previous stages I guess, so grats on enabling the subsequent events to happen!

[/quote']

Congratulations indeed :)

Thanks mate. First grandson. 'tis pretty cool. and he's cute as..

20120713_074059-2.jpg

Edit: And no! You flesh eaters etc can't have him, as yummy as he looks, no;)

Edit2: I love things that make you question crap like patriotism and pride so I point you at my newest favourite song.. Some Nights.. What do you stand for?

[video=youtube]

Just keep that lovely pic away from Queenbee - she will will either go 'Awww he's soo cuuuuuuuuteee' or ' OMG I just need some burger baps' or 'Awwww he's sooo cute and I need some burger baps'

P.S Is a joke and hopefully everyone gets it - no offence intended to any parties, and doubly hopeful this P.S is not needed anyway, and sad that I felt I should include it in the first place - I blame Nexus oh and the republicans, and fuck it the entire Western World social ethos at the moment. How's about that for a derail eh?

Just keep that lovely pic away from Queenbee - she will will either go 'Awww he's soo cuuuuuuuuteee' or ' OMG I just need some burger baps' or 'Awwww he's sooo cute and I need some burger baps'

P.S Is a joke and hopefully everyone gets it - no offence intended to any parties' date=' and doubly hopeful this P.S is not needed anyway, and sad that I felt I should include it in the first place - I blame Nexus oh and the republicans, and fuck it the entire Western World social ethos at the moment. How's about that for a derail eh?

[/quote']

Don't be so appologetic ;) We know..

Edit: It's not a derail, it's the point of this thread. Point out that the OP's type sensitivities are not appreciated. We can make up our own minds, thanks very much, and don't need to follow weak minded political correctness.

Is a good song - just had to overcome my OMG BOY BAND SHIT ALERT ACTIVE thing since they appeared to be in teens and early twenties - as it stands is a good track for the age group since at that point unless you have been brain washed you don't generally don't know (in my experience) what drives you socially wise (of course are exceptions - please dont bother with wiki links :P) For the normal guy and gal, is a fine relevant track. Just not so relevant video for anyone not in the US I guess as they would have to have knowledge of what they are hinting at (re: civil war, race perception/rights acceptance), but since I am on a derailing frame of mind I dont mind posting it here. Anyways grats again :)

Is a good song - just had to overcome my OMG BOY BAND SHIT ALERT ACTIVE thing since they appeared to be in teens and early twenties - as it stands is a good track for the age group since at that point unless you have been brain washed you don't generally don't know (in my experience) what drives you socially wise (of course are exceptions - please dont bother with wiki links :P) For the normal guy and gal' date=' is a fine relevant track. Just not so relevant video for anyone not in the US I guess as they would have to have knowledge of what they are hinting at (re: civil war, race perception/rights acceptance), but since I am on a derailing frame of mind I dont mind posting it here. Anyways grats again :)

[/quote']

I think it's relevant everywhere. I'm Australian, I get the video, all civil wars are the same, brother against brother is as horrid in the US as anywhere, only the setting and uniforms are different. You might also be surprised that oldies like me from other countries quite often know just as much or more as young Americans these days about your history.

Now it's my turn, I hope that doesn't get US noses out of joint;)

Edit: Here's one.. The US seems to see it's self founded on religious freedom. Kinda funny, The puritans left(had to leave) Europe for _their_ religious freedom to _persecute_ others, they murdered people for religion, just like the Taliban. That part is European history though I suppose.

And another.. Civil war was not about slavery, Lincoln used freeing the slaves to weaken Southern industry in his war effort, not to be a nice guy.

One or two more.. Many more British convicts were sent to America than Australia. We only became a convict colony because they lost their American colonies. The slave trade was not only West Africans but Irish, Scots etc.

Is a good song - just had to overcome my OMG BOY BAND SHIT ALERT ACTIVE thing since they appeared to be in teens and early twenties - as it stands is a good track for the age group since at that point unless you have been brain washed you don't generally don't know (in my experience) what drives you socially wise (of course are exceptions - please dont bother with wiki links :P) For the normal guy and gal' date=' is a fine relevant track. Just not so relevant video for anyone not in the US I guess as they would have to have knowledge of what they are hinting at (re: civil war, race perception/rights acceptance), but since I am on a derailing frame of mind I dont mind posting it here. Anyways grats again :)

[/quote']

I think it's relevant everywhere. I'm Australian, I get the video, all civil wars are the same, brother against brother is as horrid in the US as anywhere, only the setting and uniforms are different. You might also be surprised that oldies like me from other countries quite often know just as much or more as young Americans these days about your history.

Now it's my turn, I hope that doesn't get US noses out of joint;)

No I get that, just in my experience alot of people are dumb as sticks - however I guess if they managed to get onto the internet to read this thread and see your video, chances are they would get the message of the video.. Many people wont and thats the scary part. You may think I am joking but there was a survey done a while ago when they asked 10 yr old kids to point to Northen Amercia (Good Ol'USA) on the map, and the majority failed. FUCK.

So yeah, a not so subtle message even to Americans about their own history might be a bit too subtle is all I am saying... lol.

For the rest of the developed world I think chances are they are fine heh.

(if you ask me for evidence is something I read years ago which made me lol and I have no idea - search the inetnet for evidence to disprove me from Dep of Education etc if you like)

To be honest the only thing I would say about the USA is chec back in 1 year, and again in 2 years and see how it has changed.

The US is going through a metamorphosis at the moment, and pretty quickly as I see it. The US of the 21st Century will somwewhat changed to the US as we know it in the next few years - depends on when the mega inflation spike hits and how the policy of shit education works that determines people views that the rich deserve the vast vast majority of the available wealth.

*Acknoledged that this is off topic and takling about internaational conerns so if you to delete and keep thread pn topic please go ahead*

To be honest the only thing I would say about the USA is chec back in 1 year' date=' and again in 2 years and see how it has changed.

The US is going through a metamorphosis at the moment, and pretty quickly as I see it. The US of the 21st Century will somwewhat changed to the US as we know it in the next few years - depends on when the mega inflation spike hits and how the policy of shit education works that determines people views that the rich deserve the vast vast majority of the available wealth.

[/quote']

Don't get me wrong. I like Americans(the people). I'm not picking on them. I really hope they get their shit together or this will be China's century and I can't see that as good the way they are now. The republicans seem to want it that way unfortunately and our right seems to be no different. Money before country. Sad.

Edit: And don't get me started on your prison system!

This will be China's century. with others - unless something crazy happens I reckon. But China could go broke still (yes is possible) and if that happens could be very interesting who wins out of that mess

Oh and to get back to debate at hand since we derailed somewhat...

I love mods that feature women in bondage or fetish gear.

No I don't upset people in real life, yes have been in real life S&M relationships, no noone got upset or sued anyone, in fact everyone involved was very happy (just the cost of the gear caused everyone to cry- mainly me - if you are going to thrash out being upset at someone anywhere - go there - S&M gear is way too expensive). Have I in my time playing Skyrim been led to think of doing anything naughty in real life ever?- No. Have I as a human being had life experiences which makes me think, 'wouldn't it be cool in Skyrim if' Answer Yes and see all my mods available or download as a result.

Hope this adds to the discussion in context - at least explains the stuff I add is what I am do or know. If OP wants sexy fences in suspenders then he may want to develop them him/herself

This will be China's century. with others - unless something crazy happens I reckon. But China could go broke still (yes is possible) and if that happens could be very interesting who wins out of that mess

China has some problems' date=' so while they might come up to the level of the USA and Europe and probably on a level above Russia, but they will not be able to get higher than that. So the century of china is overestimated.

USA and Europe still have solid foundations, China meh.

Hope this adds to the discussion in context - at least explains the stuff I add is what I am do or know. If OP wants secy fences in suspenders then he may want to develop them him/herself

If he would indeed make that as a mod then I'm wondering if he would get comments like "Why are you wasting your time on making sexy fences with suspenders, you should have made a racoonsuit that shits exploding chickens" or something.

Also sexy fences looks to much like sexy feces. :-/

You're far too educated and knowkledgable to comment here so you must have broken some arcane rule therefore you are IP banned forever.

Or maybe not.

Oh I forgot this is not some nazi site so you are A-OK to express your opinions - dangerous shit if you ask me....

Good response mate and you know for a fucking fact that if the OP released a sexy fence mod he would be inundated with demands for it to be a different wood stain or whatver the fuck carpenters get excited about...

I assure you if I ever released a sexy fence mod, it would come in multiple cuts with various types of wood and finish. Suspenders would also come in various colors and makes. In addition, a "sitting on the fence" animation would be included for all your indecisive types.

An optional plugin would be provided to make the grass greener on the side of the fence on which the player is not.

I assure you if I ever released a sexy fence mod' date=' it would come in multiple cuts with various types of wood and finish. Suspenders would also come in various colors and makes. In addition, a "sitting on the fence" animation would be included for all your indecisive types.

An optional plugin would be provided to make the grass greener on the side of the fence on which the player is not.

[/quote']

Sounds like a plan Jex! I started picturing it in my head, especially the anim working for indecisive types, and it was funny:)

• 4 weeks later...

I assure you if I ever released a sexy fence mod' date=' it would come in multiple cuts with various types of wood and finish. Suspenders would also come in various colors and makes. In addition, a "sitting on the fence" animation would be included for all your indecisive types.

[/quote']

I wonder how difficult it would be to make a white-washing animation...?

Would be nice to see a mod that is less focused on the act of sex and the animations and more on subtle flirtation that leads to something a lil more frisky. honestly the whole enjoyment for me is not in watching my character get it on but more in the idea of it... if that makes sense to anyone. The idea of my character going into an old fort and kicking the shit out of bandits then forcing himself onto a bandit woman that would rather orgasm than die is more powerful than actually seeing it happen. I feel that an effective sex mod would utilize more of the players imagination and provide you with just enough information to let your brain fill in the gaps... idk that's just me though. I see that things become far to focused on making the perfect sex system that will allow you to have a million sex positions, which would be awesome don't get me wrong but that groudn work should start with getting the "feel" to be seamless. Not so much worrying about your character being in the right position or not playing an animation but more focused on the events that lead up to the act of sex and what it means to the player and the NPC. Creating that system is much more important than making sex animations... in my opinion...

I think the problem lies more in the silent majority than the vocal minority in most cases. I know I put 300+ hours into descent' date=' so that people could add 2 hours of gametime, and people can't even take 45 seconds to say thanks or give any feedback. It gets disheartening.

[/quote']

I'm fairly new to modding, so I can see both sides of this one.

I know that as a mod user, I felt a powerful urge not to waste the modder's time by adding "nice mod, dude" to long list of similar comments. I felt that, unless I had something useful to contribute, that the considerate thing to do was probably to keep quiet and not clutter the channel with my me-tooing

Where I have commented it's tended to be bug reports. When I do that i generally start by praising the mod, and then pointing out the circumstances under which it goes wrong and as much supporting info as I can manage. Even then, I'd only generally comment for mods that I felt very strongly about.

Now as a modder, I have the view from the other side of the fence, and I can appreciate that those "me too" validations can mean a lot to the person doing the work.

But even now, I don't comment on everything. I mean, I downloaded your painslut mod, but I don't think I commented. No particular reason for that; it's a fun idea and nicely executed. Sometimes you just get caught up in other things, and it wasn't like I felt I had anything particularly important to say.

I better wrap this up before I descend into random blather: I suppose the point I want to make is that a lot of the silent downloads aren't necessarily silent out of laziness. Some of them will be silent out of respect. Some of them will be nervous about posting, some of them comment if they happen across the page again, but might not like it strongly enough to make a point of seeking out the download page/thread and posting.

It's not necessarily laziness or apathy. It's just that while a big mod will dominate the developer's life for a time, even a great mod probably isn't going to be the most important thing happening in the player's life.

Well said!