Simple Sadism & Masochism, a Combat Arousal Mod

On 6/20/2018 at 11:40 PM, Code Serpent said:

Just tried out the mod, and found a TON of papyrus log errors. It looks like a function is being called incorrectly, with only one parameter being passed while two are expected. The log spam is likely harmless, but I usually prefer my logs as clean as I can make it.

Really? That's... strange. But I probably know what I messed up, I'll get a patch out ASAP.

Though for the record my life would be much easier if you had attached the log in question.

22 hours ago, Feliks said:

Really? That's... strange. But I probably know what I messed up, I'll get a patch out ASAP.

Though for the record my life would be much easier if you had attached the log in question.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if you were still maintaining this mod. That's why I didn't upload a log. Glad to know you're still around.

I just re-installed the mod to see if I could duplicate the errors, and sure enough:

[06/24/2018 - 02:34:45PM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 2, got 1. 
stack:
	[maso_Quest (7F000D62)].maso_util.OnUpdate() - "maso_Util.psc" Line ?
[06/24/2018 - 02:34:45PM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 2, got 1. 
stack:
	[maso_Quest (7F000D62)].maso_util.ResetQuest() - "maso_Util.psc" Line ?
stack:

49 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

Honestly, I wasn't sure if you were still maintaining this mod. That's why I didn't upload a log. Glad to know you're still around.

I just re-installed the mod to see if I could duplicate the errors, and sure enough:

stack:
stack:
stack:

I don't intend to stop modding or at least maintaining any time soon, let alone leave defective products tied to my name.

Thanks for the log excerpt, I'll look into it and get a patch out in the next day or two when I have time.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright I'm only... two-ish weeks late but I think I've figured out the problem, need to unfuck my Skyrim a little bit to test it and be sure I'm actually seeing that issue without the fix. Sorry about the wait, it's been weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

No matter how I adjust the scales in MCM menu, the scale for Masochism always seem to be 1:1 with damage taken. Get hit by 70, get 70 arousal etc.

I tried to lower everything to the minimum, tried both total and percentage options, even both at the same time, nothing seems to change.

On 8/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, znaroks said:

No matter how I adjust the scales in MCM menu, the scale for Masochism always seem to be 1:1 with damage taken. Get hit by 70, get 70 arousal etc.

I tried to lower everything to the minimum, tried both total and percentage options, even both at the same time, nothing seems to change.

I'll look into it, there are a few other issues somewhere in that math I need to track down, I just haven't had a whole lot of time to dig through code for a hobby lately.

• 3 weeks later...

So I was looking through the script sources shipped with 3.2.1, spotted some things that might be prone to causing bugs and then tested those things ingame to confirm the erroneous behavior:

• In the PlayerMasochism() and ActorMasochism() procedures, the script uses config.fSadismScale instead of config.fMasochismScale. As such, lust gain from masochism is affected by the global sadism scale instead of the masochism scale.
  • In the PlayerMasochism(), ActorMasochism(), PlayerSadism() and ActorSadism() procedures, the global scale (e.g. config.fSadismScale) is applied to the return value of SM_Exposure(), which already contains the original exposure value. As such, a low value for the global scale means that an actor with high exposure can actually end up less aroused than before.
  • The SM_Exposure() procedure always adds the gained exposure to the player's current exposure, but is still used by the ActorSadism() and ActorMasochism() procedures. As such, if the player's exposure is low, an enemy sadist or masochist won't get very aroused (and might even lose arousal if they had more exposure to start with), whereas if the player has a lot of exposure already, any enemy sadist or masochist will also get highly aroused from even the first hit.

I was able to confirm all three of these. To fix the last two, I'd personally change SM_Exposure() to only return the raw exposure gain (maybe rename it accordingly) as a Float and then factor in the global scale in the player/actor sadism/masochism functions before finally adding it to the actor's current exposure.

Also, while I'm here making coding suggestions (and nitpicking): Since the PlayerRef is of type Actor, it might be sensible to unify PlayerMasochism() into ActorMasochism() and PlayerSadism() into ActorSadism(). Also, since some of the functions and procedures (e.g. SM_Exposure() and ActorSadism()) appear in multiple of the scripts, it would be more cleanly to put them into one common module (maybe the existing maso_Util; maybe another one). Lastly, the code doesn't currently seem to factor in the actor's exposure rate - not sure whether that's a design choice or an oversight.

Apart from that though, if we're just working at default scales with only the player, it's a nice little mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I really would love to get an updated version of this mod, i love it.

I have two issues:

1. the masochism for NPC does not work at all for me.

2. the "combat arousal update" slider does not work for me.

My dream would be: i behaeded a NPC and he gets a boner and an orgasm ?

EDIT: ...well, i made exactly that happen with my own mod "Dancing Penis" ?

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this mod!

But i have one problem: the complete Masochism function does not work for my PC and not for the NPCs.

Also the masochism slider does not work (always set to 2).

I do use this mod with SSE! I saw the limitation for classic too late... but the sadism function works perfectly with my SSE and MMO2!

I try to understand the scripts but i still do not manage to recompile it for SSE.

So if someone will work on this great mod again i would be very happy ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking as an actual masochist, we get aroused by low to mild pain, not life threatening or intense pain. It also depends where and how the pain is inflicted, not even masochists are into going to the dentist for example.  The higher damage equals more arousal doesn't make sense to. I tried this mod but even on the lowest settings my arousal stayed way too high. Wish this would get updated with proper adjustable settings: low damage = high arousal & high damage = low or negative arousal. But  all the mods I was actually interested in here all seem to be dead so I'm probably just screaming into the void.

I was just looking ta this and thinking along the same line, @clownsister.  Gaining arousal from being struck by a battleaxe with deadly intent seems like a very rare personality trait (and one that could lead to an early demise).  There is room for a mod like this to do other things, though, such as arousal from killing foes (on the "sadistic" side) or loss of arousal (eww, blood splatter). or gaining/losing arousal when a follower goes into bleedout.  Combat arousal is an interesting concept.