[mod] Dark World - Beyond Heresy

Aliris

On 3/23/2019 at 1:43 PM, espguy said:

I was thinking about making an lilithist Nova Roma playthrough(new roman empire with lilithist religion).

Any tips for expanding the heresy?

One thing I've found can help is marrying off children with high learning to rulers of other domains, which can sometimes lead to them swaying others to join them via event. (High learning isn't absolutely necessary, but it improves the chances of this working)

Another, more active method, is to find a top level liege, such as a King or Emperor, that has an heir who's not yet of age. Kidnap the heir, set yourself as guardian, change their focus, and odds are they'll get an event that changes their religion to yours. Then release them back (or ransom them), and barring bad luck, that Kingdom now has a proper Lilithist ruler.

Then of course there's the classic way, which is just to murder declare holy war and take their lands.

Just a note to update, I'll be running some testing through this weekend to both see if there's any issues that popped up with 3.1, and to hunt down any other oddities or things that aren't working right. I'll likely post an update this coming weekend if I find anything.

Added some minor tweaks/fixes:

-Fixed Angelic Healing checking the target's piety rather than your own.

-Divine Conception now costs twice as much piety if you aren't a virgin (since it's the whole "miracle of virgin birth" aspect and all).

Hey so, for some reason my Lilithanist characters, including the ruler and the court chaplain tend to suddenly be of the Fraticelli faith after converting my capital. Any idea what's wrong?

Edit: So, I send my Chaplain to another province, checking before if they were indeed Lilithanist. But again, the province and the chaplain suddenly were Fraticelli.

On 4/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, PervBird said:

Hey so, for some reason my Lilithanist characters, including the ruler and the court chaplain tend to suddenly be of the Fraticelli faith after converting my capital. Any idea what's wrong?

Edit: So, I send my Chaplain to another province, checking before if they were indeed Lilithanist. But again, the province and the chaplain suddenly were Fraticelli.

This occurs when you haven't unlocked the religion via the Cathedral Dream event series. The heresy itself isn't even supposed to exist in the world until that happens (in short, the event text relates you discovering the truth behind Lilith being unjustly framed as the bad guy, that the supposed archangels of God are the real bad guys and so on), after which word gets out.

But, because I can't tell CK2 to not pick it when the game places a random heresy via built-in event, I used a workaround that will flip your Lilithist province, and any Lilithist characters in it, to one of the other Catholic heresies that should have been generated in that spot, in the first place.

If for some reason this is still happening after you've had a character found the religion via the event chain, please let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The last time i have played i was able to reform slavic and baltic pagan reformed with lilithist and enatic - but i was just able to declare lilith as godess in my first reform. If someone or the AI is able to reform so there might be two lilisth reformed pagans or the abramaic religion somehow switch it would be interesting also with events and content - how all the different demon religions might interact. 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:11 PM, asdffdsacoco said:

For activating the event chain to unlock the Lilithanist religion, is there any command code I could use to start the event?

In the console, type:

event DWBH.100

That will fire the Catholic event chain. 110 is Islamic, 120 is Orthodox.

2 hours ago, Zalanum said:

So I can't find the orc invasion files anywhere (only pictures) were they removed?

Yes, they were removed as they weren't working properly. It's my intention to rework them into a proper and functional invasion chain, possibly in its own submod even, but I haven't really had the time of late.

It seems to me the Lilithean religion or similar should be able to skip the regular requirements on switching the 'role of women' laws.  I mean, you'll still need to get the council on side, so why must you still deal with a 25 year wait total(From Traditional to Full) to get female councillors?

The Lilith society mission to seduce someone is a pain.  Mostly because the 'He isn't co-operating' fires very, very often.  It's one thing if progress is swift, it's another when your character keeps whining.

On 6/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, aromorica said:

d_lilislam need trait = lilith or trait = incubus

How can I get it? 

It's a bug. I just brought it up with Aliris for you.

For a fix, open up /common/landed_titles/DWBH_landed_titles.txt and change

OR = {
			trait = lilith
			trait = incubus
			}

to

trait = dwf_demon

Delete the OR and the braces.

Why i can't make Lilithanism as official religion? I haven't decision to create Religion Head in Intrigue menu as written in desription of religion. All saint places are mine and still it's heresy. 

Catholic totally destroed by Germanic pagan + it's become official Fratichelly. image.png.58d1435b654ead4d3d6c3f5654e01df3.png

Heresy status is determined by total number of provinces converted. Once you have more than fraticelli it will flip. Shouldn't be too hard because clearly catholicism has been destroyed. I think there might be a bit of a buffer so it's like, five more provinces of the heresy before it becomes the main one, so there's no issue with it constantly flipping back and forth when they're right at the same level.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 5:58 PM, Aranil said:

Why i can't make Lilithanism as official religion? I haven't decision to create Religion Head in Intrigue menu as written in desription of religion. All saint places are mine and still it's heresy. 

Catholic totally destroed by Germanic pagan + it's become official Fratichelly. 

Yes, it will remain considered a "heresy" until you've got more Lilithanist provinces than any other Catholic variant (Fraticelli in this case).

As for the decision to create the head of religion, you need to control Rome for that, regardless of if Rome is one of the holy sites or not.

On 6/15/2019 at 7:40 PM, Bloodly said:

The Lilith society mission to seduce someone is a pain.  Mostly because the 'He isn't co-operating' fires very, very often.  It's one thing if progress is swift, it's another when your character keeps whining.

Lilith Society stuff is part of DWF, not Beyond Heresy.

On 6/15/2019 at 9:42 PM, aromorica said:

d_lilislam need trait = lilith or trait = incubus

How can I get it? 

As Kekvit noted, this is an artifact of the old DW traits not being updated - I'll fix it.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:55 AM, MrAnonym said:

Does the "possessed" trait make angels use divine powers because it's an affliction? My liege keeps trying to heal me but it's not removed

Yes - the decision criteria for the AI included this as part of the Major Heal ability, but for some reason I neglected to add it to the actual list of things removed by the event. It's now fixed for the next version.

I've had an issue appear when doing the Orthodox variant of the faith.  Namely that the AI keeps putting in place men controlling the temples when given the option rather than women.  This leads it to never fill a garrison or levy.  If you just kill the holder the title will revert back to the count/duke and they will do it again.

hi

first  i should tell i love dark world mod and all its sub-mod

second i want to make a souldforge but its say i need 10 life crystal

so how can i make /

and whats def btw necromancer and dreadlord ?

thanx

16 hours ago, arcsa said:

hi

first  i should tell i love dark world mod and all its sub-mod

second i want to make a souldforge but its say i need 10 life crystal

so how can i make /

and whats def btw necromancer and dreadlord ?

thanx

I don't know about dreadlord, but I'm pretty sure necromancers are from DroZzhat's Mod.
To get life crystals you:
Construct underground passageways in your capital.
Construct a mystic workshop after the passageways are finished.
This creates a new option under the intrigue menu: Visit Mystic Workshop
You're going to want to choose the other intrigue option about Search for a Mystic and appoint them using the Court Mystic minor title.
After you first Visit Mystic Workshop, you create a Grimoire which goes in you treasury.
Next you're going to want to send your newly appointed Court Mystic out using the Search for Mystic Tome (or something similar) intrigue option.

Eventually your Court Mystic will return with an Unknown Tome, which is placed in your treasury.

You'll want to choose Visit Mystic Workshop after their return. This is how you learn your first spell/ability: Wild Hunt.
Wild Hunt appears under your intrigue menu, you'll go out hunting critters and absorb them intro life crystals.
The better you are at hunting, the more crystals you get at a time.
The number of Life Crystals you have is tracked on your character status screen.  Just mouse over your little status buffs/debuff and you'll find the one that tracks how many you have and how much extra health they're giving you.

Sorry kind of long, I tried to be detailed. It's simpler than it sounds.

Archived