To be, or not to be...a guy in Skyrim.

MsOtaku

I hear those voices too...  just when i remove mods to fix a broken game.. I always hear 

"Add another mod!  You have room now!  go on test a few out"

Holy crap. I do the same thing....

Me too. I call it OSS - Ooh Shiny Syndrome.

Funny enough, my last attack also involved skeletons  - I found a mod which turns all sleletons into female skeletons. I've downloaded it but so far resisted the temptation to installl it. I can hear the voices whispering though. IIRC it's by the guy who did Sassy Teens.

Look on the bright side. If you install a playable skelteton mod you could cut down on your food related mods like Ineed.

I hear those voices too...  just when i remove mods to fix a broken game.. I always hear 

Funny enough, my last attack also involved skeletons  - I found a mod which turns all sleletons into female skeletons. I've downloaded it but so far resisted the temptation to installl it. I can hear the voices whispering though. IIRC it's by the guy who did Sassy Teens.

Look on the bright side. If you install a playable skelteton mod you could cut down on your food related mods like Ineed.

Thank the gods. There is finally a name for this syndrome. It makes me feel better somehow knowing it has a name. #OCD

In regards to skeleton mods, I'll still need RND - haven't you ever heard of binge and purge? I just need to find a mod that makes my girls throw up after they eat then it'll make sense RP-wise as to why they are skin and bones, or in this case just bones.

Side note: I struggled with eating disorders for 17 years. I'm allowed to make jokes. Nobody get their panties in a bunch. I like dark humor.

Thank the gods. There is finally a name for this syndrome. It makes me feel better somehow knowing it has a name. #OCD

In regards to skeleton mods, I'll still need RND - haven't you ever heard of binge and purge? I just need to find a mod that makes my girls throw up after they eat then it'll make sense RP-wise as to why they are skin and bones, or in this case just bones.

Side note: I struggled with eating disorders for 17 years. I'm allowed to make jokes. Nobody get their panties in a bunch. I like dark humor.

Stress can result in weight loss. Worrying if you are getting enough calcium for strong, healthy bones?

If you want skin and bone then that'll be yer draugr (and yes, there is a playable draugr mod).

Re your suggestion about Better Males. Well it set me to thinking. I thought I was already using it but apparently not. Then that got me to thinking that I had noticed a distinct down-turn in the male looks in this game. So I did some dead, dead hard finkin and remembered that a while back I was using SkyFem which turns all males into females thereby making male textures redundant. I'm not using Skyfem any more but I forgot to put BM back.

Re your suggestion about Better Males. Well it set me to thinking. I thought I was already using it but apparently not. Then that got me to thinking that I had noticed a distinct down-turn in the male looks in this game. So I did some dead, dead hard finkin and remembered that a while back I was using SkyFem which turns all males into females thereby making male textures redundant. I'm not using Skyfem any more but I forgot to put BM back.

jiFfM.jpg

What a week. First I finally admit to OCD and then discover that I also suffer from OSS.... especially if the shiny things brings multiple beautiful followers (such as the Skydream ladies), are voiced, or have unique textures or, I confess, two tits and a smile. I am easy that way.

The other horror was a revelation. I always have at least three followers. Arissa and Sophia (because they won't stay put) and Ceridwen because of her healing. When I am attacked while walking and in thought, they usually handle the slaughter. They are always up for whatever debauchery I can imagine. Then I realized, I had turned into Charlie Manson.

Ki9nda depressing.

edit to add: I try to keep load order to a slim and tidy 253 mods, some of which I installed from Steam 2 or 3 years ago when I first installed Skyrim and before I discovered LL or even Nexus....  must do a purge.

Cheers, Codifer

What a week. First I finally admit to OCD and then discover that I also suffer from OSS.... especially if the shiny things brings multiple beautiful followers (such as the Skydream ladies), are voiced, or have unique textures or, I confess, two tits and a smile. I am easy that way.

The other horror was a revelation. I always have at least three followers. Arissa and Sophia (because they won't stay put) and Ceridwen because of her healing. When I am attacked while walking and in thought, they usually handle the slaughter. They are always up for whatever debauchery I can imagine. Then I realized, I had turned into Charlie Manson.

Ki9nda depressing.

edit to add: I try to keep load order to a slim and tidy 253 mods, some of which I installed from Steam 2 or 3 years ago when I first installed Skyrim and before I discovered LL or even Nexus....  must do a purge.

Cheers, Codifer

I'd share my Xanax with you, but I'm greedy with my stash. Good luck with your purge! xoxo

Napoleon Bone-A-Tart.

Certainly didn't take long in character creation.

Love the name! But where is Bone-A-Tart's boner?

Dragonbone... it is you

Ha!

MsO,

Sorry to do this to you Americans but it's irony again. The skeleton has 'no SOS compatible skeleton'. SOB!

In my actual game I'm suffering from the dreaded save-game bloat. Currently 107MiB and rising and she's only level 10 with next to nothing in the inventory and circa 25K-plus scripts on the go. I'm looking at Interesting NPCs - such a friggin big mod; Cum Shot Brothel  - never used it before; and SL Kidnapped - only had one kidnap so far but it took me to the Thalmor Embassy which, among other problems, kick-started Diplomatic Immunity even though I hadn't done Blade in the Dark. I've just done a resetquest on DI, saved and quit the game. Not been back in yet, too late here.

Lodakai,

Good one but I'm more Dragonmoan at the minute. This present game started off badly and went downhill from there.

MsO,

Sorry to do this to you Americans but it's irony again. The skeleton has 'no SOS compatible skeleton'. SOB!

In my actual game I'm suffering from the dreaded save-game bloat. Currently 107MiB and rising and she's only level 10 with next to nothing in the inventory and circa 25K-plus scripts on the go. I'm looking at Interesting NPCs - such a friggin big mod; Cum Shot Brothel  - never used it before; and SL Kidnapped - only had one kidnap so far but it took me to the Thalmor Embassy which, among other problems, kick-started Diplomatic Immunity even though I hadn't done Blade in the Dark. I've just done a resetquest on DI, saved and quit the game. Not been back in yet, too late here.

Lodakai,

Good one but I'm more Dragonmoan at the minute. This present game started off badly and went downhill from there.

I doubt it's Interesting NPCs, although I agree it's a huge mod.  I use it all the time, and my current lvl 74 character carrying tons of stuff generates saves that are 18M, not 107M.

MsO,

Lodakai,

I doubt it's Interesting NPCs, although I agree it's a huge mod.  I use it all the time, and my current lvl 74 character carrying tons of stuff generates saves that are 18M, not 107M.

And the winner is . . .

Cum Shot Brothel. Removed and save down to 8.x from 109MiB. Had to roll back to a save before I'd entered the brothel as the post-brothel save corrupted.

My resetquest worked and Dip Imm is gone from my journal. Hopefully things getting back to normal.

MsO,

Lodakai,

No boners for Bone-A-Tart!? I'm outraged.

I also agree with PubliusNV. I run a lot of heavily scripted mods and my saves never go past 18M.

And the winner is . . .

Cum Shot Brothel. Removed and save down to 8.x from 109MiB. Had to roll back to a save before I'd entered the brothel as the post-brothel save corrupted.

My resetquest worked and Dip Imm is gone from my journal. Hopefully things getting back to normal.

Well, it's not like Bone-A-Tart was going to get much use out of a Brothel.... ;)

So things aren't working at the hippie house of multiple lovers...

My Bosmer gal had a couple of really pretty kids with an Argonian and a Khajiit, not Inigo, and it feels so weird to come home and see her lovers and their respective children just doing nothing. Yeah, they chill in the house, but Druid's Den, while absolutely stunning, has cells within the house and the followers/lovers will not leave an area unless they follow me. The Follower's quarters is stunning, however there's nothing in there for them to do and if I tell the kids to stay put in their room, they stand there like zombies. So I have to use "Go to Daddy" and they're all just there.

Since my PC isn't married to any of them, I'm not bombarded with the whole "house-husband" thing, but they are kind and say loving things. It's just dull. Every time she ovulates, I feel the need to rush home and shag someone - it's feeling mandatory and then I think, what's the point? Do I like seeing her pregnant? Yes. I really love it. But, this situation doesn't feel good or all that loving to be honest. :(

I always play as a male. I don't have anything against female play-throughs, and getting to look at a girl's ass running through Skyrim is in fact so much better. However, I largely play Skyrim to crush enemy skulls, indulge in releasing all the hatred for the idiocy of other humans and watch the world burn. Cliche or not, it feels more right doing so as a man. Plus, I have my harem of Paradise Halls slaves to follow me, if I want girly asses to look at. I also can't enjoy the thought of imagining myself in a submissive role, so there's that.

My first couple of games I played as a male, married Ysolda or some other pretty NPC, moved into one of the Hearthfire homes with a couple of adopted kids, ... all was fine.

Then I played a game as a female, married Vorstag, moved him into Vindrel Hall, went adventuring, came back to him, and absolutely cringed to hear this big hulking warrior say he wanted to open a shop.

I'll lever forget these posts. I do hate to be cliche, but I think that if I want Beeing Female in my game I'm going to have to play as a guy who knocks up his wife and possibly, or most likely other women. As you all know, I prefer playing as a female - I'll just have to have her adopt until something can be done to make the birthed kids controllable and stay home.

Ugh... to start over yet again.

MsOtaku,

The bloat thing was on my main game not the skellie one.

I don't know if it's any use use to you but Manipulator by ffabris has a harem thing in it. Never used that function myself but the guys that do use harems love it. Great little mod anyway and ffabris is one helpful guy.

Oh, and I just had another go at creating a male character with BM installed  - better looks but still poor on the options front. Might have more except that the 'Body Scale' option has disappeared from Racemenu. It is now official - I'm not having a good weekend. 

Where's the sexual equality here? Equal rights for male characters! It's the 21st century dammit.

So, Grey Cloud, I just finished reading the OP for Manipulator. Is this a "follower mod"? It sounds awesome, but I just want to make sure that I won't be needing AFT any more and my only other concern is that a lot of mods that deal with NPCs will say "compatible or not compatible with EFF, AFT, and UFO.", the popular ones. Since I'm starting a new game I don't want to break things and the mod author says this mod is game breaking...

Also in regards to the "hacks" like "No more nude comments" ect. I have a lot of those installed. Will installing this mod allow me to remove those other mods and give me a lighter load order?

EDIT: Oh, and equal rights for women IRL, but equal rights for men in games! Let's start a protest!

So, Grey Cloud, I just finished reading the OP for Manipulator. Is this a "follower mod"? It sounds awesome, but I just want to make sure that I won't be needing AFT any more and my only other concern is that a lot of mods that deal with NPCs will say "compatible or not compatible with EFF, AFT, and UFO.", the popular ones. Since I'm starting a new game I don't want to break things and the mod author says this mod is game breaking...

Also in regards to the "hacks" like "No more nude comments" ect. I have a lot of those installed. Will installing this mod allow me to remove those other mods and give me a lighter load order?

EDIT: Oh, and equal rights for women IRL, but equal rights for men in games! Let's start a protest!

It isn't a follower mod in that it does not let NPCs become followers.  You can define a cell as "day" and another as "sleep" and when you add the NPC to your harem they move between the cells I think around 6am and 10pm. Probably more like the kidnap/slavery mods than follower really.  They do act normally though, sandboxing and using any markers that might be in the cell. Possibly more like my home is your home instead but they stay in the cells you define, unlike a housecarl that might wander in and outside of a home area.

I was actually thinking of suggesting something like this with both male and female NPCs. Would avoid the kid caring issue possibly but also drops the PC pregnancy part. Since Manipulator lets you define other cells once you've got the base one setup, you can move pairs or small groups to other places. On the home thread I didn't mention Blackthorn because it wasn't what you wanted, but if you did want a sizable home AREA it might work. There are NPCs you can hire but I've found grabbing my own and moving them in could work. There are some single shopkeepers that could use a partner.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65839

If you have some single use mods like nude comments then yes you can remove those. ffabris uses the same methods most of them use so you'd just be duplicating them. On the other hand, if you have nude comment replacers you would want to keep those and just not use that option in his mod. I think most other NPC mods that conflict with follower mods are because they use their own follower system and so their NPCs just won't fit into AFT or EFF.

Lastly, the only breaking part of Manipulator is that there isn't an option to not Haremize a crucial NPC to a quest. Some that are quest turn in type NPCs are fine but you just have to visit them in their new place. Others, like Saadia, need to be in a certain place for you to complete the quest. It also has options you can perform with the console to make someone essential or not, kill, (resurrect I think) and other things that might lead to game breaking problems not nothing that serious or undoable. The Factions options (off by default) also would lead to problems (making yourself friendly to bandits makes guards not like you, IIRC).

Yeh, what he said.

In short the 'may break your game' is down to the options available, nothing to do with the stability/reliability of the mod.

AFAIK, you can make NPCin the game a 'potential' follower  - you then need AFT or similar to actually make them a follower.  Same with 'marriable'.

As for the 'friends' factions if, freg sample, you make vampires your friends then you will be attacked by the Vegetarians of Stendarr.

ffabris has also done several homes. They generally need Skyhunks and (?)KS Hairdos. The one in Solitude was my favourite due to the swimming pool.

All ffabris' mods are well done and reliable though he no longer supports most of the home ones. Quite a few of these have been taken up by others such as Vachnic.

I've binned my game and started again from scratch. Still with a female and still going for the naked mage deal. I'm going to be taking a bodyguard with me in this one. Probably either a badass draugr or Borkhul the Beast. Suggestions welcome. After that last clusterfuck of a game there will be lots of violence in this one.

@Grey Cloud and @karlpaws, I'm not going to install that mod. It sounds amazing,  but I'm at a point where if I don't finish this damn game already I'm going to lose it. All these months I've been testing and tweaking and removing mods, adding new mods, and killing my game.

I've been thinking a lot about whether to play as a male or female and I'm going to go with female - it's what I'm most comfortable with, I immerse myself in my character and want to play the game and finish it for once. When I'm done, I'll try doing it as a male or just add silly things for fun. I have no other game at the moment to make me feel good when playing and all of this trial and error shit is driving me up the wall. I know what mods I want and don't want and will not install anything else mid-game. Portal and Portal 2 were my go to games when I just wanted to play and have fun, but I've played them so many times, I've lost count. I love a game that I can mod. I've got my game looking next-gen, it's beautiful, and with all the overhauls I'm good to go. I'm playing a female PC and sticking to it. I'm tired of experimenting.

P.S. I'm highly intoxicated and high. I'm sorry if this comes off as a rant. I just want to log into Skyrim and play - hit continue and go on with my adventure. I'm sick of testing.

Grey Cloud calling MsOtaku testing, testing, testing, 1-2-3.

No need to get testy over testing. :)

Manipulator is only small and doesn't do anything unless you tell it to.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - a cunning plan is being hatched to enable the best of both worlds and play as a male and a female. . . . . :o:ph34r:

Archived