The general WIP thread for animators.

Guest Redabyss

1 hour ago, HKo_83 said:

Long time no news! still working on the animations thou... I managed to clear my WIP folder and gathered all usable blends so I finally have some sense what I've been doing and what I'm not doing right. But as I've been using ( for so long! ) the original XML template I seem to be missing all the new stuff that has become enabled. And can't find a new one anywhere... Any one has a dl link or empty template laying somwhere?

Or are the new "cumshot" etc stuff just addable lines into old xml?

Where are you taking the xml template from? I don't know if the template contains what you seek but I believe the template in the WW blog should be the most up to date.

Got a question about the first screenshot of your animation, are you rotating the eyes manually? They seem to be slightly missaligned.

I ran into a little problem with my next animation.
I'm trying to animate a cowgirl position, one hand on a breast, the other rubbing the clit.
So in order to keep the IKs in place when bouncing up and down, I added copy location constraints on them with the root bone as target.
I also wanted to make the grabbed breast follow the hand that's holding it to make the squeezing motions a little more realistic.
So I added a copy location constraint on the breast bone, and while the breast is following the hand nicely, once I start moving up and down the breast de-syncs from the hand.
Has anyone else ever encountered this and did you find a solution?

Spoiler

boobtroublechoppy.gif.1e858b5eb7bbcb0dc8b7c5a10a60fdac.gif

Edit:
Found a solution. I added a new mesh where the breast bone is and gave it the copy location constraint to the IK with offset.
I then added the copy location constraint without offset to the breast bone and used the mesh as target.

I'm doing a cowgirl animation right now and I tried to have my sim hold on to one of her breasts and massage them a bit, but it's clipping badly in game so I'm discarding that idea.

I'm wondering, what would be the best pose for the arm, that avoids clipping regardless of body type?

On 3/19/2019 at 7:09 PM, bearlyAlive said:

Got a question about the first screenshot of your animation, are you rotating the eyes manually? They seem to be slightly missaligned.

Yep... all done manually, bone by bone... Haven't had time to get into IK so I've stuck in manual all...

The animation first screenshot is from is 69 position on floor, so that kind of closeup you'd need to get a shot from floor upwards... 

Big thanks for the link, gonna sink my teeth in it this week...

59 minutes ago, HKo_83 said:

Yep... all done manually, bone by bone... Haven't had time to get into IK so I've stuck in manual all...

That's impressive, I don't have the patience for that.

I'd like to give you a little tip for the eyes. Click on the eye bone, and in the overview there should be a tab with bone constraints. There you can add a "Track to" constraint.

Select whatever object you want to look at as target and then one of the bones (if it's an armature) or vertex group (if it's a mesh) where you want to look at specifically.

I usually use one of the nose bones to simulate eye contact.

Then you need to set the axes for the rotation. For sims the "To" should be y and "Up" should be x. If you see a bit of eye popping out, the axes are not set correctly, lower and raise the influence of the constraint and see which way the eye rotates then test with the values until it looks right.

However, if you use bone constraints you have to bake the bones into an animation or otherwise your eyes won't move ingame.

I made a short explanation on how to bake here.

Thanks! I'll try to look up to it when I have more time to spend on animating... 

Eer... Has anyone (else) trouble with wickedwoohoo.enabledebug command, can't get WWID's from anything nor anything else than debug-> Temporary  Function

tried with and without testingcheats (well without u don't get any WW function but had to try... Or is my Cheat old as everything else...

Hi everyone! New to animating here for the Sims here, how do you manage, in Blender, the heights of objects? For example if I make an animation of someone on the floor, and I want to display the same animation in bed, I understand I must create another blender file, clip, etc, but how do you know the correct height? Same for chairs and most objects? Is there a list or a way to get that information? Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, pxacc said:

Hi everyone! New to animating here for the Sims here, how do you manage, in Blender, the heights of objects? For example if I make an animation of someone on the floor, and I want to display the same animation in bed, I understand I must create another blender file, clip, etc, but how do you know the correct height? Same for chairs and most objects? Is there a list or a way to get that information? Thanks a lot!

You can go into sims 4 studio and export the meshes of furniture you want to include in your animation.

Append it to your animation like you would another actor but don't move it around. Use it as your reference point.

Hey ! I'm sorry to bother you with yet another question. I'm trying to create a new 3D mesh, and I would like to animate it.

I've been able to add bones, weight peint, and everything is working within blender, but I can't import the mesh in Sims 4 Studio : "Your mesh has a vertex group Bone that isn't part of the mesh you are replacing."

I'll try to fiddle with it to make it work, but some help to at least point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:56 PM, CHRIS1965 said:

could someone help me.

I made an oraljob animation of a female giving a blowjob.

everything is fine except that in the game the mouth of the female is stuck.

I followed the tutorial, especially the part explaining how to free the mouth bones from the EA settings.

I m using the right version of blender.

AFAIK you only need to free the mouth if you're adding vocalizations for your sims.

I haven't played around with adding voices and never did the unlock step mentioned in the tutorial. But my sims mouth animation is the same as in blender.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:05 AM, Akdmico said:

Some know why the animations look different in blender than in the game. I explain. create an animation for a dog with open elbows, but in the game it appears with the elbows together

Any idea what can be the error?

Yes, I finally figured it out.

The rig from S4S has hidden "export pole" bones which act like pole targets for IK bones. It seems that, during the import of the animation, S4S does some sort of IK calculation using the "export pole" bones as target.

I made the hidden pole targets follow my own, and the animation in game looks the same as in blender.

I'll readjust my pet rigs and hopefully I can release them tomorrow.

could someone help me.

I followed the tutorial, especially the part explaining how to free the mouth bones from the EA settings.

Sorry, bearlyalive, I had no luck with your solution.

5 minutes ago, CHRIS1965 said:

could someone help me.

Sorry, bearlyalive, I had no luck with your solution.

Hiya, when you add the sound events the 'clip event censor' needs to be used, 

The jaw will be unlocked for animating, 

Without this, the jaw remains locked and will be synced to the vocals 

28 minutes ago, CHRIS1965 said:

I've kept the pose simple, cause I am a novice.

they is no event attach to it.

Looks nice for early attempt, mine was not so clean to start with lol

What you have here is correct, 

At default the clip is exported with the censor and an art lover event at default, 

Remove the art lover vocal as you have already, 

Then press add,  sound event

You can assign more than one and just be careful to not overlap the time codes 

On 4/8/2019 at 10:19 PM, R-Lo said:

Looks nice for early attempt, mine was not so clean to start with lol

What you have here is correct, 

At default the clip is exported with the censor and an art lover event at default, 

Remove the art lover vocal as you have already, 

Then press add,  sound event

You can assign more than one and just be careful to not overlap the time codes 

No luck, I manage to get the sounds going. but still, no mouth motion.

I , using the female rig from the tuto.

77PROJECT2F.blend

CHRIS1965.package

On 4/6/2019 at 4:56 PM, CHRIS1965 said:

could someone help me.

You need to animate the "jaw" bone in Blender. If you didn't, the mouth will stay closed no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone

I was long time in the Backside and read some Information for my self, now im starting to make a animation, i follow the steps and its actually work for my Sims Game!

But i have one Question:

I make a Animation for a shemale (Female with Cock rig), but in the Game i have the Problem, that my Sims Charackter (Female with option that he have a Cock) get the Male Rig from the game, so this is why the animination dont lock exactly like in blender! because i make the animation with the Female with cock Rig.

I not really found anything ( not really fast ) how to fix that problem..

Maybe someone can help me?

On 4/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, blackdreck said:

Hello Everyone

I was long time in the Backside and read some Information for my self, now im starting to make a animation, i follow the steps and its actually work for my Sims Game!

But i have one Question:

I make a Animation for a shemale (Female with Cock rig), but in the Game i have the Problem, that my Sims Charackter (Female with option that he have a Cock) get the Male Rig from the game, so this is why the animination dont lock exactly like in blender! because i make the animation with the Female with cock Rig.

I not really found anything ( not really fast ) how to fix that problem..

Maybe someone can help me?

Try changing the actors 0 and 1 cause what I understand your animation characters are flipped? so that the rig giving is what you made receiving and vice versa... 

One thing I've noticed during the game play on futa/shemale characters is that the sex requesting actor most likely becomes the receiving actor in animations... 

On 3/28/2019 at 5:11 PM, HKo_83 said:

Thanks! I'll try to look up to it when I have more time to spend on animating... 

Eer... Has anyone (else) trouble with wickedwoohoo.enabledebug command, can't get WWID's from anything nor anything else than debug-> Temporary  Function

tried with and without testingcheats (well without u don't get any WW function but had to try... Or is my Cheat old as everything else...

Still haven't figured out why this isn't working any suggestions?.. 

Hi guys !

I'm new to this forum, I discovered Wicked Whims only a few weeks ago !

I created animations and poses for Second Life in my "young years" so I'm not exactly new to creating but I was using Qavimator and didn't have any proper rigged stuff so I'm learning ! I use the MasterRig and I played with it for a bit so I understand how it works but I'm having an issue with the Breast gravity. I don't know why, at some point, when I want to put the girl on her knees starting from a standing animation, the tits stay up and stretch badly.

I figured out that selecting the 0 keyframe then the frame I want on the timeline corrects the problem but is it normal or did I "appen" it the wrong way ? My animation is more than 250 frames so I moved the end of the Breats and Testicles Physics to the end of my animation as suggested by Simite but maybe I did that wrong too.
Any advice ?

Thank you !

And thank you for your awesome work in here :)

Hey

So I thought I would give it a shot at making an animation but some reason it does not seem to show up in game.

I followed the tutorial on TurboDrivers site but I just can't seem to get it working, I'm sure it's something i've stupidly missed in the Xml file.

I'm not the most tech savvy, so if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

S4_7DF2169C_00000000_8C093F7E9FCCBF69.xml test.package