[2018 April 17 - Horse Riding Animations + Fix][Skyrim SE] Tera Elin Race

Hello, great work!  i would like to install this mod but i have the original version of skyrim with no DLC jsut wondering if u have a version for standard skyrim?

It's in the Skyrim Non-Adult forum.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-2017-july-20-update-elin-idle-animation-redone-v2-tera-elin-race/

The only file that requires the DLCs is the Elin Voice Complete v2, but that is optional.  The Elin voice files that is included with the main package is for Skyrim LE only.

• 1 month later...

Hi So I want to install the animation mods especially since it seems to fix elin clipping through seats when sitting but sadly pcea is not for special edition and i dont see how your version of fnis se has it available. did you install the one from oldrim or something?

Hi So I want to install the animation mods especially since it seems to fix elin clipping through seats when sitting but sadly pcea is not for special edition and i dont see how your version of fnis se has it available. did you install the one from oldrim or something?

I updated and integrated PCEA with version 2 of the Elin animations that is why it is no longer a requirement.  I do not provide any version of FNIS, but an edited patch list is included with v2 of the Elin animations so that SSE FNIS will recognize and create the necessary behaviors.

Just follow the installation instructions:

1. Install SSE FNIS.
  2. Install Elin Idle Animation Redone version 2.
  3. Allow overwriting of the FNIS patch lists.
  4. Run GenerateFNIS_for_Users.exe.
  5. Select the patches from the generator window before having the generator create the behavior files:
    • Gender Specific Animations
    • Skeleton Arm Fix
    • PC Exclusive Animation Path (PCEA).

If you do not see "PC Exclusive Animation Path (PCEA)" on the list then something went wrong with the installation.  You will need to reinstall the Elin animations again or copy the GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder from the Elin animations and merge with the GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder where you have FNIS installed; allow overwriting of 2 files (the patch lists).

I updated and integrated PCEA with version 2 of the Elin animations that is why it is no longer a requirement.  I do not provide any version of FNIS, but an edited patch list is included with v2 of the Elin animations so that SSE FNIS will recognize and create the necessary behaviors.

1. Install SSE FNIS.
  5. Select the patches from the generator window before having the generator create the behavior files:
    • Skeleton Arm Fix

If you do not see "PC Exclusive Animation Path (PCEA)" on the list then something went wrong with the installation.  You will need to reinstall the Elin animations again or copy the GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder from the Elin animations and merge with the GenerateFNIS_for_Users folder where you have FNIS installed; allow overwriting of 2 files (the patch lists).

Hi thank you for explaining as I have not yet installed the mod so I wasn't sure how to go about it.

Sadly even though i followed the instructions and ran FNIS with the pcea patch it gave me these 2 warnings

dbad8284b90cfd494aabae4033130f40.png

And now everyone is in T-Pose nps and all. I'm not really sure what went wrong or why the errors were caused.

1. Install SSE FNIS.
    • Skeleton Arm Fix

Hi thank you for explaining as I have not yet installed the mod so I wasn't sure how to go about it.

Sadly even though i followed the instructions and ran FNIS with the pcea patch it gave me these 2 warnings

And now everyone is in T-Pose nps and all. I'm not really sure what went wrong or why the errors were caused.

The errors are due to two animations FNIS does not recognize.  I think it is due to the name being slightly different, I'll have to investigate when I have the time, but overall this will not affect the other animations.

I think your T-pose problem is caused by adding the Throwing Weapons animations.  I had a quick look at the mod page and it uses FNIS alternate animations option.  Try again without the Throwing Weapons mod and see if the Elin animations work.  You can also try Throwing Weapons without the Elin animations and see if that also fixes the T-pose.  If either methods work then it proves there is a conflict. 

Have you tried other mods that implements throwing weapons without using FNIS alt animations?

1. Install SSE FNIS.
    • Skeleton Arm Fix

The errors are due to two animations FNIS does not recognize.  I think it is due to the name being slightly different, I'll have to investigate when I have the time, but overall this will not affect the other animations.

I think your T-pose problem is caused by adding the Throwing Weapons animations.  I had a quick look at the mod page and it uses FNIS alternate animations option.  Try again without the Throwing Weapons mod and see if the Elin animations work.  You can also try Throwing Weapons without the Elin animations and see if that also fixes the T-pose.  If either methods work then it proves there is a conflict. 

Have you tried other mods that implements throwing weapons without using FNIS alt animations?

No the throwing weapons mod i currently have is the only one I know of with such implementation. I will try removing it to see if it is conflicting with elin animations. I hardly use the mod anyway haha.

Edit: So i uninstalled the throwing weapons but the errors still persist. If I install the elin animations. I also didnt have the tpose problem before installing the elin animations as the throwing weapons existed in my game a while before finding these mod. SO im afraid it has to be something with fnis or the elin animations itself :c

<snip>

No the throwing weapons mod i currently have is the only one I know of with such implementation. I will try removing it to see if it is conflicting with elin animations. I hardly use the mod anyway haha.

Edit: So i uninstalled the throwing weapons but the errors still persist. If I install the elin animations. I also didnt have the tpose problem before installing the elin animations as the throwing weapons existed in my game a while before finding these mod. SO im afraid it has to be something with fnis or the elin animations itself :c

Are you using Mod Organizer or NMM?  Are you installing everything manually?

What mods do you have installed besides the Elin animations and Throwing Weapons.

If using a mod manager, try installing the Elin animations directly in your Data folder along with FNIS and run FNIS from there.  Keep the files in your Data folder then start your game as you normally would with the mod manager.  If you had installed the Elin animations with a mod manager, uninstall it and keep the files you manually installed directly in your Data folder.

Did that work?

I got the same problem with T-Pose of the character and all NPCs. May be the problem came after updating Skyrim to version 1.5.3.0.8, but I'm not sure.

How can I find the conflict files in the my Skyrim Data directory?

I also deleted the dualmagic_idle.HKX files, but it not solve the problem.

*** ATTENTION ***

I can confirm that the Elin animations have ceased working.  I just tested my own game and everyone, Elins and other races, are struck with the T-pose.  I know for certain that the animations indeed worked when I last played Skyrim SE back during August because when wearing the maid outfit your character's hands are incorrectly angled inward instead of outward.

Why is this happening?  I do not know for certain.  The SSE files have been updated to the latest Creation Club update so that may be the root cause.  I also found out that FNIS (SSE) v7 Beta now does not recognize the PCEA Elin animations so when running the FNIS generator, no animations have been added to the behavior files.  So in summary:

• Before the Creation Club update....Elin animations worked and FNIS (SSE) v7 Beta recognized the files.
  • After the Creation Club update....Elin animations stopped working and FNIS stopped recognizing the files.

I was thinking maybe Mod Organizer 2 could have been the cause, but I have FNIS and the Elin animations installed directly in my SSE Data folder and, as I have mentioned prior, FNIS generator has stopped recognizing the Elin animations.

I'll search for a fix, but it won't be anytime soon.  If anyone found a way to fix this then don't hesitate to let me know.

Sorry if this has been asked before.  But where can I download the race mod for SE?  I cannot find the link on the main page.

Look for the "Click Here to Download This File" link near the bottom of the main post, this will take you to the Download page.  Look for the big, green "DOWNLOAD" button near the top-right of the page and you will see a new window listing all the files to download.

Sorry if this should be obvious, but how can I get the armors that are on the summoned elins and the added followers (Mi Ya, Yi Ka, Mage followers, etc) for my elin character?

There are no methods to obtain those armors.  I'm working on porting the Elin armors with the original body, but this will take awhile.  Meanwhile, you can use the Fox6000 armors, but they were converted to UNP.  The archives also contain screenshots of the armors and container location.

New Fox 14.7z

New Fox 15.7z

New Fox 18.7z

New Fox 19.7z

Meanwhile, you can use the Fox6000 armors, but they were converted to UNP

Does this mean I can use those armors if I use ElinNewBody UNP part of the mod pack? If so I think I might have done something wrong when installing because it shows the "form" for the armors, but it doesn't show any of the, I guess the right word would be "coloring". Put another way: the shape is the same as how it should look based on the screenshots in the files, but in game they are grey instead of colored in.

Fnis pcea2 came out and if you copy animations there they are working just fine :>

ysdqmKT.png

Before I check myself, I need to ask you if PCEA2 now allows a race to use it's own animations.  I know PCEA2 is meant to allow the player character uses animations separate from others of the same race and without requiring a custom race, but I'm only interested in making the Elin race use it's own animations.

• 2 weeks later...

@PsychoMachina

I am a fan of yours, and a long time user of your Elin mods since Skyrim :)

Now, it is available in Skyrim Special Edition, and I thank you for that. I have a question to ask. I recently learn how to download and use the 64-bit CK for Skyrim Special Edition, and combined with this Elin mod, I created an Elin follower. As for her appearances, I imported her appearance with the SPF command (Save Player Face, I believe), and used it in CK.

The problem is, the model of the Elin body parts (face, head, etc) are not being imported and rendered correctly in Creation Kit 2.0 and ends with an error message. I usually ignore this kind of error as long as the follower works correctly but the resulting follower appearance reverts into the first default face and hair of Elin race, not to mention the follower ends up with a black face (I thought this can be avoided with making face tint with CTRL+F4 in CK 2.0 but it doesn't).

The black face is a minor issue (I used quick and dirty fix setnpcweight command to fix it albeit temporarily), but the default follower appearance is what I have no solution for. Since you have successfully created followers like Miya or Yika or Rem, I thought maybe you have some insight on this matter.

1 hour ago, nabaeru said:

@PsychoMachina

I am a fan of yours, and a long time user of your Elin mods since Skyrim :)

Now, it is available in Skyrim Special Edition, and I thank you for that. I have a question to ask. I recently learn how to download and use the 64-bit CK for Skyrim Special Edition, and combined with this Elin mod, I created an Elin follower. As for her appearances, I imported her appearance with the SPF command (Save Player Face, I believe), and used it in CK.

The problem is, the model of the Elin body parts (face, head, etc) are not being imported and rendered correctly in Creation Kit 2.0 and ends with an error message. I usually ignore this kind of error as long as the follower works correctly but the resulting follower appearance reverts into the first default face and hair of Elin race, not to mention the follower ends up with a black face (I thought this can be avoided with making face tint with CTRL+F4 in CK 2.0 but it doesn't).

The black face is a minor issue (I used quick and dirty fix setnpcweight command to fix it albeit temporarily), but the default follower appearance is what I have no solution for. Since you have successfully created followers like Miya or Yika or Rem, I thought maybe you have some insight on this matter.

I once tried using SPF to export the head to change Elin Lydia's appearance, but she reverted to the generic head in my game.  I doubt SPF works either when exporting from the game or when importing to CK, maybe it does work just not for the Elins.  Since the Elins do not have any special morphs like what is added by ECE or RaceMenu I just customize their  face and head using the options in CK.

The one method I have yet to try is using the RaceMenu or ECE head export option and then renaming the nif and textures to that of the NPC's FormID.  I also need to see if any heads exported for Skyim LE can be used for Skyrim SE if the nifs are optimized with SSE Nif Optimizer.

FYI.  I did not create MiYa and YiKa though I did make some minor alterations using the CK.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, lafourminoir said:

Hi , i have try instal - SSE_OPTION_ANIMATION_TeraElin_v2_0-20170721 

and i have one error on FINIS

i have unistall the last version 1 ( not deleted ) and after run finis i have that 

18013011100419481415523234.jpg

That may be the reason the animations stopped working; FNIS does not see them as SSE-compatible.  I'll have to install Skyrim SE and do some testing, but this will take some time.

15 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

C'est peut-être la raison pour laquelle les animations ont cessé de fonctionner; Le FNIS ne les considère pas comme compatibles SSE. Je vais devoir installer Skyrim SE et faire quelques tests, mais cela prendra du temps.

take your time ;)

if I try to replace manually, chances are it will do the same thing ?