[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

On 11/4/2018 at 2:42 AM, clrpurp242 said:

Forgive me if this was covered at some point, but I can't find it when searching. But... is there a way to keep centaurs from breeding out of control? They've spread across almost a third of Europe in about 150 years. They seem to breed like rabbits, and worse, they often take human wives. Human wives who generally don't live through the birth, but the child does. And the only offspring is more centaurs. So they are not so slowly replacing all the humans. I dunno if this is intended or what.

A quick fix is to open up NoxDPA-traits.txt and edit the nox_creature_centaur's entry. Reduce the inherit chance to something like 25, and then add in both_parent_has_trait_inherit_chance = 100
This will prevent the centaurs from breeding out of control unless the parents are both centaurs.

The following probably won't make it with the release of holy fury, but here are two new commands coming in a future patch that are desperately needed for my stuff:

• Added set_gender = male/female/opposite effect, sets the scoped character's gender to be male or female or the opposite of what they currently are. Warning: messing with a character's gender may have unintended side effects so use with caution.
  • Added add_age = int effect, adds the given value to the age of the scoped character. Warning: messing with a character's age may have unintended side effects so use with caution.
On 11/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, TanookiTamaTachi said:

Have you seen the changelog yet? There's some real nice stuff for modders in there!

For example, "male_temple_holders" actually made the cut! Additionally, with trait-specific *_opinion and opinion_of_* modifiers, big-breast-lover and similar traits can now actually function as expected!

This will also help a lot with new cross-breeding mechanics!!!

My v3.0 game (that worked fine yesterday) is CTD when loading. The last line in error.log is consistently 

[religion.cpp:130]: Not enough Holy Sites scripted for religion: shinto_inari

It looks like this is coming from the NodDPA-revised_shinto_religions.txt file from this mod.

Is anyone else having similar 3.0 compatibility problems?

17 minutes ago, saphiral said:

My v3.0 game (that worked fine yesterday) is CTD when loading. The last line in error.log is consistently 

[religion.cpp:130]: Not enough Holy Sites scripted for religion: shinto_inari

It looks like this is coming from the NodDPA-revised_shinto_religions.txt file from this mod.

Is anyone else having similar 3.0 compatibility problems?

Bigger Interface is likely the problem, I had the same problem. Try unselecting it from the modlist and restarting the game.

It was not immediately solved by Bigger Interface removal - but it gave me idea to remove all mods and try to narrow this.

I added only Dark World Reborn v1.68.  CK2 loaded.

I added NoxBestia DPA-Dark World Cu...and NoxBestia Darkest Perversions Alo...  CK2 Crashed.

Final check:  Dark World Reborn v1.68 AND NoxBestia DPA-Dark World Cu...  CK2 loaded.

I am having a problem with Darkest Perversions in CK2 v3.0.

Yep, mine crashes too.  Many mods are broken immediately after a major DLC/patch, and who knows how long it is going to take for the validator to be updated with the vast amount of changes 3.0 brings.

Regardless of all of that, I'll try to have something this weekend that at least allows it to run, but we may find a lot more broken.

9 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Yep, mine crashes too.  Many mods are broken immediately after a major DLC/patch, and who knows how long it is going to take for the validator to be updated with the vast amount of changes 3.0 brings.

Regardless of all of that, I'll try to have something this weekend that at least allows it to run, but we may find a lot more broken.

Very few things in CK2 cause an outright CTD. One of which is a conflict in the interface. You might start there.

Yesterday and today I got to play some CK2, mostly experimenting with the new Holy Fury mechanics; there are some neat things but also a lot of new bugs.  For instance, if you are an unmarried woman with a male concubine, you can still get the loss to piety and prestige if you get pregnant.  NDPA had dealt with that, but I have to rewrite most of that code to make sure it deals with the new stuff in Holy Fury.  NDPA also breaks some of the new sounds but that should be an easy fix.  I also believe I found a bug in the new nursing system, but I'm not sure yet.  Of course I'll be changing that anyway so that you can go all Lysa Arryn on your child/ren if you want to.  If I were irredeemably perverted (spoiler: I am) I might be convinced to write up some male nursing mechanics both for men with breasts and men without.  ?

I did add over 6,000 lines of code (mostly copy paste, fortunately) to give the trait framework for a sexual endowment preferences system, and commented out the existing opinion modifiers in the sexual endowments themselves.  Of course, I have no events to actually assign endowment preferences yet, but I'll get around to that sooner rather than later.  I wanted to make endowment preferences hidden, but when I tried to do that then the system would give "unknown reason" for the modifiers they generated.  So now a character can have up to 4 more icons if a person has all possible endowment preferences.  There are three intensities of preference, signifying how important a specific characteristic of a specific size is to a character.  The more intense a character's preference, the bigger the modifiers generated but fewer traits will actually give good modifiers.  Below is an example for the three intensities for desiring huge tits:

Spoiler

nox_titspref_5 = {	# this character prefers huge tits
	#hidden = yes
	opposites = {
		nox_titspref_0
		nox_titspref_1
		nox_titspref_2
		nox_titspref_3
		nox_titspref_4
		#nox_titspref_5
		nox_titspref_6
		nox_titspref_7
		nox_titslove_0
		nox_titslove_1
		nox_titslove_2
		nox_titslove_3
		nox_titslove_4
		nox_titslove_5
		nox_titslove_6
		nox_titslove_7
		nox_titsslut_0
		nox_titsslut_1
		nox_titsslut_2
		nox_titsslut_3
		nox_titsslut_4
		nox_titsslut_5
		nox_titsslut_6
		nox_titsslut_7
	}
	opinion_of_nox_pre_pubertal_tits = -3
	opinion_of_micro_tits = -2
	opinion_of_tiny_tits = -1
	opinion_of_small_tits = 1
	opinion_of_regular_tits = 2
	opinion_of_big_tits = 3
	opinion_of_huge_tits = 5
	opinion_of_enormous_tits = 3
	opinion_of_gigantic_tits = 2
}

nox_titslove_5 = {	# this character loves huge tits
	#hidden = yes
	opposites = {
		nox_titspref_0
		nox_titspref_1
		nox_titspref_2
		nox_titspref_3
		nox_titspref_4
		nox_titspref_5
		nox_titspref_6
		nox_titspref_7
		nox_titslove_0
		nox_titslove_1
		nox_titslove_2
		nox_titslove_3
		nox_titslove_4
		#nox_titslove_5
		nox_titslove_6
		nox_titslove_7
		nox_titsslut_0
		nox_titsslut_1
		nox_titsslut_2
		nox_titsslut_3
		nox_titsslut_4
		nox_titsslut_5
		nox_titsslut_6
		nox_titsslut_7
	}
	opinion_of_nox_pre_pubertal_tits = -15
	opinion_of_micro_tits = -10
	opinion_of_tiny_tits = -5
	opinion_of_small_tits = -2
	opinion_of_regular_tits = 2
	opinion_of_big_tits = 5
	opinion_of_huge_tits = 10
	opinion_of_enormous_tits = 5
	opinion_of_gigantic_tits = 2
}

nox_titsslut_5 = {	# this character obsesses over huge tits
	#hidden = yes
	opposites = {
		nox_titspref_0
		nox_titspref_1
		nox_titspref_2
		nox_titspref_3
		nox_titspref_4
		nox_titspref_5
		nox_titspref_6
		nox_titspref_7
		nox_titslove_0
		nox_titslove_1
		nox_titslove_2
		nox_titslove_3
		nox_titslove_4
		nox_titslove_5
		nox_titslove_6
		nox_titslove_7
		nox_titsslut_0
		nox_titsslut_1
		nox_titsslut_2
		nox_titsslut_3
		nox_titsslut_4
		#nox_titsslut_5
		nox_titsslut_6
		nox_titsslut_7
	}
	opinion_of_nox_pre_pubertal_tits = -45
	opinion_of_micro_tits = -35
	opinion_of_tiny_tits = -25
	opinion_of_small_tits = -15
	opinion_of_regular_tits = -5
	opinion_of_big_tits = 5
	opinion_of_huge_tits = 15
	opinion_of_enormous_tits = 5
	opinion_of_gigantic_tits = -5
}

I don't know when I'll have NDPA functioning again, but I am actively working on it.

hey you talked about a effect like this:

set_gender = female/male

I can't seem to find any information on it anywhere. Do you know when/if it will be added to the game?

I got some ideas with it but I'd rather wait until the effect is in the game until I start working on stuff.

1 hour ago, lockeslylcrit said:

set_gender is set for a future CK2 patch

Wasn't it already in the 3.0 patch? I remember reading about it in the notes and being like "Oh, the people over on loverslab are going to have fun with that probably. Also Geheimnisnacht, they've tried to do that too." And kind of passing over it since I saw no use for it myself, but looking back at it now I can't find it. Did they remove it from the patch notes or something?

8 minutes ago, whateverdontcare said:

Wasn't it already in the 3.0 patch? I remember reading about it in the notes and being like "Oh, the people over on loverslab are going to have fun with that probably. Also Geheimnisnacht, they've tried to do that too." And kind of passing over it since I saw no use for it myself, but looking back at it now I can't find it. Did they remove it from the patch notes or something?

Nope.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/captains-log.774248/page-34#post-24821042

7 hours ago, Skycobra51 said:

So I decided to try my hand at making a quick edit to at least make it run, hope that's okay. The biggest errors were coming from the religions and landed titles....it should run now. Don't use shattered world or random world with it though, since it's an instant ctd. Just extract and overwrite the corresponding files in the main NOXDPA folder.

NoxDPA-quick edit.7z

Not only is it okay, your edits are appreciated.  Thank you.

Hey guys,

I'd really love to use this mod in combination with DW Tweaks.

Sadly, with CK2 3.0 I get CTDs after a while.

Can you recommend going back to CK2 2.8.3.4?

What combination of CK2/mod versions are you using?

And another question:

I feel like too much unpolished / uncompleted stuff or "feature previews" are messing up the game interface (best example are missing english localization strings on buttons, or buttons that should not be shown at all because they require an inactive game rule).

I thought about customizing the mod for myself and remove all the stuff that looks unfinished / unpolished.

Has anyone already done this and is willing to share his work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, veedanya said:

Also, I've seen non-Japanese AI leaders enact the super-CB "samurai invasion". I'd recommend disabling it, since this mod doesn't include the Japanese invasion event anyway.

I want to quote this because I've noticed it causing an issue in my games as well. Everyone uses it and it results in giant kingdoms popping up rather quickly. It also seems to be related to invasions from other mods (and maybe the aztec/mongols too because they've not worked at all since 3.0) basically all but failing outright because they'll get ruined by one or more nearby kingdoms going all samurai on them and just trashing their forces and stealing back all the land right away. Maybe tie it to some of the eastern cultures or something?

• 3 weeks later...

Struggling here, sorry if this question is answered or overly obvious. I just bought the game and am trying to determine how I set this up. Should I download an old version of the game ( CK2 2.8.2.1) to make this work or should I use the one that came off of the install.
Also, DWR was last updated in june and DWF (which says its the continuation) got updated last month, but DWF only says "...likely fully compatible". Anyone know what I should be doing here, and a good place to get old versions of CK2 if necessary?

21 hours ago, A Viceroy said:

Struggling here, sorry if this question is answered or overly obvious. I just bought the game and am trying to determine how I set this up. Should I download an old version of the game ( CK2 2.8.2.1) to make this work or should I use the one that came off of the install.
Also, DWR was last updated in june and DWF (which says its the continuation) got updated last month, but DWF only says "...likely fully compatible". Anyone know what I should be doing here, and a good place to get old versions of CK2 if necessary?

"Compatibility" is based solely on conflicts in same files. Just because it says it may be compatible doesn't necessarily mean it will play nice.

As far as an old version, go to Steam, right click CK2, choose Properties, and then the Betas tab. Choose the 2.8.3.4 from the dropdown list