[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

Okay I THINK I might have it running.

Game is loading, nightwolves are there and breed (I use 0.0.1.0.2 , before the nightwolf breeding got disabled)

I'm gonna test it more thoroughly tomorrow or Monday ... if it works I'll gladly post the solution here...should be the same for 0.0.1.0.3.

If there is any interest at all that is, since the activity for CK2 seems to have numbed down :D 

On 11/6/2021 at 10:02 PM, Frisky Kitsune <3 said:

Okay I THINK I might have it running.

Game is loading, nightwolves are there and breed (I use 0.0.1.0.2 , before the nightwolf breeding got disabled)

I'm gonna test it more thoroughly tomorrow or Monday ... if it works I'll gladly post the solution here...should be the same for 0.0.1.0.3.

If there is any interest at all that is, since the activity for CK2 seems to have numbed down :D 

It couldn't hurt i suppose, curious to see how you got it running without basically hacking it apart like I did,

18 hours ago, Skycobra51 said:

It couldn't hurt i suppose, curious to see how you got it running without basically hacking it apart like I did,

Let's say I got it to start without removing any files at least ... the item shop, random world and shattered world are not working ... I guess since the 2 new worlds are a new feature after DP has been been abandoned already, it "just" somehow needs to be included in the mod. The northwolf seeding and breeding is definitely working and so are the stables.

The rest I didn't have time to test yet.

Basically the inari religion needed holy sites and there were some calls (has_temple) that don't exist anymore after the game update ... those made it crash on load. Just getting rid of those calls did the trick...if I can find the time I might start to try to replace those calls with a more modern version than just getting rid of them.

If you want to give it a shot, I attached the modified files.

"NoxDPA-holy_sites.txt" goes into <mod>/common/landed_titles , the other 2 in <mod>/common/religions ... I used mod version 0.0.1.0.2

NoxDPA-holy_sites.txt NodDPA-revised_shinto_religions.txt NoxDPA-religions.txt

......After seeing your profile, I see that you probably did the exact same thing 3 years ago. And me being too blind to see that (I literally checked the last 10 pages of this topic but have overseen your post 3 pages ago) I could have saved a few hours of time. ?

Anyways ... I see that you did some things different, like not giving holy sites to the Inari. IF I decide to work more on this, could I add some things you changed to a new, combined "patch"? With credits and all of course. :D 

Edited by Frisky Kitsune <3
typo

Can you post your error.log when it crashes? No need to empty it before ... CK2 empties it whenever you start the game. Just post it after it crashed. :)

I have most of the DLC so I can't answer that. question :(

Maybe there is something in the log that might help ... (it's located in Documents>Paradox Interactive>Crusader Kings II>logs)

Do you use version 0.0.1.0.2 with those files? Because that's the version I modified.

Edit: Can you also let me know what other mods you have installed and which DLCs?

Edited by Frisky Kitsune <3
Edit reason see above.

good news, its definitely the mods i have causing this :(  yay mods

so i have 58 mods and 7 dlc active:

active dlc: ruler designer, sword of islam, the old gods, the reaper's due, horse lords, legacy of rome, and way of life,

inactive dlc: south indian portraits 5 year anniversary gift, african portraits, and songs of yuletide

edit: tried played with correct version and still crashed. 

edit2: put mods under spoiler so it wasnt such a massive post

Spoiler

mods6.jpgmods1.jpgmods2.jpgmods3.jpgmods4.jpgmods5.jpg

error.log

Edited by Aranwen

Gee that's a huge error.log.

When does the crash happen? Just randomly or always at a specific place / action?

Can't find any major errors from Darkest Perversions in the log, aside from some undefinied traits and missing event pictures (which should not crash the game).

Did the crashes only start to happen after you added Darkest Perversions/ was the game working before? Or did you add all mods at the same time?

35 minutes ago, Frisky Kitsune &lt;3 said:

Gee that's a huge error.log.

When does the crash happen? Just randomly or always at a specific place / action?

Can't find any major errors from Darkest Perversions in the log, aside from some undefinied traits and missing event pictures (which should not crash the game).

Did the crashes only start to happen after you added Darkest Perversions/ was the game working before? Or did you add all mods at the same time?

it started crashing after i added DP, ive had all of the other mods installed before i added DP.

i recognized some of the mods from the list and turned those off then started a new game, its been running fine

56 minutes ago, Frisky Kitsune &lt;3 said:

Might be some sort of incompatibility. Can you let me know when exactly the game crashes? (If not random)

If you deactivated some mods now and it runs fine now... if it crashes again it would help me a lot if you could upload your error.log again. :D

no problem

the times its crashed it started lagging / freezing up and then closed. i was just letting time pass each time without doing anything so i assumed the ai tried to trigger something.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, Frisky Kitsune &lt;3 said:

Might be some sort of incompatibility. Can you let me know when exactly the game crashes? (If not random)

i clicked the military tab, just started a war against the byzantine empire and was about to go raise my army.

honestly, so much is going wrong it could literally be anything causing the crash.

error.log

Okay a 0.5MB error log is pretty huge...

I know from other games that this error can cause games to crash:

Failed to create gui object. Could not find sprite type.

It's also in your older error.log and could point to some mod incompatibility.

You could start a new game and let it run on full speed for a bit to see if it crashes.

If it does -> deactivate half of the mods ... if still crashes activate the mods and deactivate the other half ... if it works activate half of the mods, basically always narrowing the mod down by 50%.

Also you can start the game, load up your save, let it run for an ingame week, then quit the game and post the error.log (It should still create errors even if it did not crash)

Then we could compare the "standard" error.log your game creates with the one it created when it crashed. 

20 hours ago, Frisky Kitsune &lt;3 said:

Okay a 0.5MB error log is pretty huge...

I know from other games that this error can cause games to crash:

Failed to create gui object. Could not find sprite type.

It's also in your older error.log and could point to some mod incompatibility.

found the mod causing the failed to create error and turned on everything else just to be sure. 

crusader kings expanded, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432349339

theres still a lot of errors in the log just from all the different mods i have and most of them seem to involve a missing title / image.

do you know what causes " Too high color index in CoA. Color index: 14 " and if its something i can fix other then finding and turning the mod off?

error found it.log

On 11/25/2021 at 7:19 PM, Frisky Kitsune said:

Yay!~

Glad to have helped.

In case I continue working on NoxBestia's mod, as in refining it, mind if I contact you for some testing? :D

Not sure if I will, but I would love to if time allows.

sure XD

i have no doubt at all that the mods ive had since basically around when i started playing will cause all sorts of issues with future versions

• 3 weeks later...
On 26.11.2021 at 03:19, Frisky Kitsune said:
On 11/26/2021 at 3:19 AM, Frisky Kitsune said:

Yay!~

Glad to have helped.

In case I continue working on NoxBestia's mod, as in refining it, mind if I contact you for some testing? :D

Not sure if I will, but I would love to if time allows.

Lucifer heard our prayers :) There was a man who can fix the mod.

I have used Frisky Kitsune's fixes and they make the mod work, however i get some unreproducible crashes, maybe as a result of some events? They happen every few years or so and it's playable anyway. I do run other mods with it but before i added this one there were no crashes at all. Thankfully they're not game breaking but yeah, I'd appreciate if anyone knew the cause anyway.

1 hour ago, dunnosomerandomname said:

I have used Frisky Kitsune's fixes and they make the mod work, however i get some unreproducible crashes, maybe as a result of some events? They happen every few years or so and it's playable anyway. I do run other mods with it but before i added this one there were no crashes at all. Thankfully they're not game breaking but yeah, I'd appreciate if anyone knew the cause anyway.

Could you post your error.log?