[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

22 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Emergency Room Visit

Bad news, I am afraid.  Not only did I have a tooth snap off at the root this weekend, I was in the ER last night.  The good news is that it was NOT a stroke.  The bad news is that I have bell's palsy.  With luck, I'll be recovered in a few weeks.  Until then, I need to regulate how much time I spend at a computer screen due to being unable to blink properly and my left eye drying out.  

So much for the equinox, eh?  I guess I wasn't spending enough time drunk and having sex to keep the Gods happy.

Anyway, I'll try to keep checking in but I am not doing any work on the mod for right now.  :(

All the best, hope you recover well.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:26 AM, Tebix said:

I hope you get well soon. Do you know what caused it?

It could be stress, it could be a virus, it could be elevated blood sugar.  All 3 are quite probable since I have had both viruses that can cause it, work has me very stressed out and my blood sugar is too high again.

I still only have half a face, but I think the nerves are starting to heal a bit.  I go in for acupuncture in the morning, so I am cautiously optimistic.   This makes it hard to read with one eye drying out and hurting all the time.  Wearing the eye patch just makes everything blurry since I can still see out of the eye that isn't blinking right.

So quick question,  What files would I need to correct in order to make NDP compatible with HIP? It seems the interface for the learning focus, main menu, religion and event text/pictures are the ones that need the most correction. Just don't know which files to edit. Everything else works fine.

Edit: Belay that. Figured out what was causing the issue with the main menu interface and events. It was the ARKOS pack in HIP. The rest I can live with. Sorry to have bothered you ?

23 hours ago, Skycobra51 said:

So quick question,  What files would I need to correct in order to make NDP compatible with HIP? It seems the interface for the learning focus, main menu, religion and event text/pictures are the ones that need the most correction. Just don't know which files to edit. Everything else works fine.

Edit: Belay that. Figured out what was causing the issue with the main menu interface and events. It was the ARKOS pack in HIP. The rest I can live with. Sorry to have bothered you ?

Glad you have it working.

Hey NoxBestia, I'm a fellow modder that occasionally modifies mods to clean them up and fix bugs. So I hope you won't think me presumptuous to offer some suggestions.

Could I recommend some UI cleanup? A lot of the options in the decisions menu clutter up the list even when they aren't applicable. For example, "CHEAT: Noxie's Alternate Realities" always shows even when it can never be used because the cheat/testing game rule wasn't selected. You could easily hide it by setting the "potential = { [whatever the game rule is called here] = yes }". Same for siberian_wasteland, NoxBestia shopping, etc. "Play a kitsune/fox" should have some potential restriction so they won't clutter the menu for the entire game... maybe, if nothing else, maybe hide them after a certain age? (Since if they live past 80, they're probably a mythrical immortal race already).

I also have a bit of localisation you can throw in whatever file you want, which adds proper text to a bunch of things in-game instead of leaving it raw_code_like_this:

Spoiler

oriental_bazaar;Kitzune Bazaar;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
private_shrine;Kitzune Shrine;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
STAT_PIETY_KINKY_PIETY;Lust;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
shinto_inari_yellow;Sexy Shintoism;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slave_ring_nomad;Slave Ring;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit;Sex Pit;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_tent_1;Witch Doctor's Tent I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_tent_2;Witch Doctor's Tent II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_tent_3;Witch Doctor's Tent III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_tent_4;Witch Doctor's Tent IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_fox_shrine;Fox Shrine;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yip-yip-yap_shrine;Kitzune Shrine;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_mating_tent_1;Mating Tent I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_mating_tent_2;Mating Tent II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_mating_tent_3;Mating Tent III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_mating_tent_4;Mating Tent IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yiffhound_pens_1;Hound Pens I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yiffhound_pens_2;Hound Pens II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yiffhound_pens_3;Hound Pens III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yiffhound_pens_4;Hound Pens IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slave_ring_castle_1;Slave Pens;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle;Royal Brothel I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_2;Royal Brothel II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_3;Royal Brothel III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_4;Royal Brothel IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_5;Royal Brothel V;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_6;Royal Brothel VI;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yip-yip-yap_gate;Torii Gate;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
THE_KAMI;The Kami;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
THE_EVIL_KAMI;The Evil Kami;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_INARI;Inari-sama;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_DAAKU_INARI;Daaku Inari;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
RAPEFOX;Slutty Miko;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city;Sex Pit I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_2;Sex Pit II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_3;Sex Pit III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_4;Sex Pit IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_5;Sex Pit V;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_6;Sex Pit VI;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_7;Sex Pit VII;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_8;Sex Pit VIII;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_9;Sex Pit IX;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_10;Sex Pit X;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_halls_of_descretion_city;Halls of Discretion I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_halls_of_descretion_city_2;Halls of Discretion II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_halls_of_descretion_city_3;Halls of Discretion III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_stables_beastsex;Small Horse Stables;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_stables_breeding;Large Horse Stables;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_stables_centaurs;Centaur Stables;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_kennels_beastsex;Small Hound Kennel;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_kennels_breeding;Large Hound Kennel;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_kennels_anthros;Werewolf Kennels;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_barnyard_beastsex;Small Ranch;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_barnyard_breeding;Large Ranch;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_barnyard_anthros;Hybrid Ranch;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slave_ring_city_1;Slave Ring;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_office_1;Witch Doctor's Hut;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_office_2;Witch Doctor's Office;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_KIIROI_INARI;Kiiroi Inari-sama;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
WA_JAPAN;Japan;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_law;Slavery Law;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_illegal;Illegal;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_prisoners_low;Some Crime;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_prisoners_all;All Crime;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_lowborn;Peasants;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_all;Legal;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_cheat_impregnate_me;Get impregnated;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_cheat_impregnate_target;Impregnate her;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_knock_up_target;Impregnate her;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Also, a question. I've noticed some kitsune characters changing their own avatars periodically. I'm wondering what decision or event triggers this? I'd like to know so I can disable it, since it makes it pretty hard to keep track of who is who when their profile pictures keep changing!

7 hours ago, veedanya said:

Hey NoxBestia, I'm a fellow modder that occasionally modifies mods to clean them up and fix bugs. So I hope you won't think me presumptuous to offer some suggestions.

Could I recommend some UI cleanup? A lot of the options in the decisions menu clutter up the list even when they aren't applicable. For example, "CHEAT: Noxie's Alternate Realities" always shows even when it can never be used because the cheat/testing game rule wasn't selected. You could easily hide it by setting the "potential = { [whatever the game rule is called here] = yes }". Same for siberian_wasteland, NoxBestia shopping, etc. "Play a kitsune/fox" should have some potential restriction so they won't clutter the menu for the entire game... maybe, if nothing else, maybe hide them after a certain age? (Since if they live past 80, they're probably a mythrical immortal race already).

I also have a bit of localisation you can throw in whatever file you want, which adds proper text to a bunch of things in-game instead of leaving it raw_code_like_this:

Hide contents

oriental_bazaar;Kitzune Bazaar;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
private_shrine;Kitzune Shrine;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
STAT_PIETY_KINKY_PIETY;Lust;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
shinto_inari_yellow;Sexy Shintoism;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slave_ring_nomad;Slave Ring;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit;Sex Pit;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_tent_1;Witch Doctor's Tent I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_tent_2;Witch Doctor's Tent II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_tent_3;Witch Doctor's Tent III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_tent_4;Witch Doctor's Tent IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_fox_shrine;Fox Shrine;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yip-yip-yap_shrine;Kitzune Shrine;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_mating_tent_1;Mating Tent I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_mating_tent_2;Mating Tent II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_mating_tent_3;Mating Tent III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_mating_tent_4;Mating Tent IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yiffhound_pens_1;Hound Pens I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yiffhound_pens_2;Hound Pens II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yiffhound_pens_3;Hound Pens III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yiffhound_pens_4;Hound Pens IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slave_ring_castle_1;Slave Pens;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle;Royal Brothel I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_2;Royal Brothel II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_3;Royal Brothel III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_4;Royal Brothel IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_5;Royal Brothel V;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_castle_6;Royal Brothel VI;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_yip-yip-yap_gate;Torii Gate;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
THE_KAMI;The Kami;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
THE_EVIL_KAMI;The Evil Kami;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_INARI;Inari-sama;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_DAAKU_INARI;Daaku Inari;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
RAPEFOX;Slutty Miko;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city;Sex Pit I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_2;Sex Pit II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_3;Sex Pit III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_4;Sex Pit IV;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_5;Sex Pit V;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_6;Sex Pit VI;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_7;Sex Pit VII;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_8;Sex Pit VIII;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_9;Sex Pit IX;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_sex_pit_city_10;Sex Pit X;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_halls_of_descretion_city;Halls of Discretion I;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_halls_of_descretion_city_2;Halls of Discretion II;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_halls_of_descretion_city_3;Halls of Discretion III;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_stables_beastsex;Small Horse Stables;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_stables_breeding;Large Horse Stables;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_stables_centaurs;Centaur Stables;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_kennels_beastsex;Small Hound Kennel;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_kennels_breeding;Large Hound Kennel;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_kennels_anthros;Werewolf Kennels;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_barnyard_beastsex;Small Ranch;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_barnyard_breeding;Large Ranch;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_HOD_barnyard_anthros;Hybrid Ranch;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slave_ring_city_1;Slave Ring;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_office_1;Witch Doctor's Hut;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_witchdoctor_office_2;Witch Doctor's Office;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
GOD_KIIROI_INARI;Kiiroi Inari-sama;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
WA_JAPAN;Japan;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_law;Slavery Law;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_illegal;Illegal;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_prisoners_low;Some Crime;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_prisoners_all;All Crime;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_lowborn;Peasants;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_slavery_all;Legal;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_cheat_impregnate_me;Get impregnated;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_cheat_impregnate_target;Impregnate her;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
nox_knock_up_target;Impregnate her;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Also, a question. I've noticed some kitsune characters changing their own avatars periodically. I'm wondering what decision or event triggers this? I'd like to know so I can disable it, since it makes it pretty hard to keep track of who is who when their profile pictures keep changing!

The localisation was just laziness on my part.  Words normally just flow out of me whether I want them to or not, but thank you for the text since I never did it.  That kitsune one was annoying the blazes out of me.  Let me recover from my condition a bit more and I'll tend to it along with a lot of other fixes I had been working on before the thrice damned Bell's palsy hit.

Hello Nox.

I'd like to know if the mod will have "release" and "test" branches in the foreseeable future. I'd like to play your mod but it seems like its pre-release status puts it in a peculiar situation where there's a lot of unfinished content such as buildings and decisions scattered around. 

Besides, was the decision to disable Yiffics cut at some point? It looks like I've missed a lot since last time I've played DW and your mod. 

On 10/7/2018 at 4:17 AM, HanCloudstone said:

Hello Nox.

I'd like to know if the mod will have "release" and "test" branches in the foreseeable future. I'd like to play your mod but it seems like its pre-release status puts it in a peculiar situation where there's a lot of unfinished content such as buildings and decisions scattered around. 

Besides, was the decision to disable Yiffics cut at some point? It looks like I've missed a lot since last time I've played DW and your mod. 

If I were to do this at the current stage of the mod, the "release" branch would only have the "Wolf Mother?" event line and the "Yiffish" (sexual Jewish) stuff.  That doesn't mean I won't do such a thing in the future, however.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:59 AM, NoxBestia said:

It could be stress, it could be a virus, it could be elevated blood sugar.  All 3 are quite probable since I have had both viruses that can cause it, work has me very stressed out and my blood sugar is too high again.

It could be glasses pressing on the side of the head above the ear and causing an irritation/inflammation which presses on the nerves (they all go to the face above the ears). #BeenThereDoneThat.

In my case I lost my sense of taste too for a couple of weeks.

13 hours ago, chefren said:

It could be glasses pressing on the side of the head above the ear and causing an irritation/inflammation which presses on the nerves (they all go to the face above the ears). #BeenThereDoneThat.

In my case I lost my sense of taste too for a couple of weeks.

I had LASIK done in 2001 and haven't returned to wearing glasses... yet.  I expect I'll need to sometime in the next 2-5 years.  Fortunately I am recovering relatively quickly.  I have about 30% movement back on the left side of my face.

How long did it take you for a complete recovery?

Is it just me or does the culture-based system for portrait selection in this mod end up resulting in irregular distribution? Both the anthro-kitsune and human-kitsune portraits end up being over 90% one specific portrait, with the rest of the portraits in that set appearing only very rarely. Just wondering if it's a known issue, or maybe just a mod conflict on my end.

4 hours ago, veedanya said:

Is it just me or does the culture-based system for portrait selection in this mod end up resulting in irregular distribution? Both the anthro-kitsune and human-kitsune portraits end up being over 90% one specific portrait, with the rest of the portraits in that set appearing only very rarely. Just wondering if it's a known issue, or maybe just a mod conflict on my end.

I have some thoughts on how to fix that for a future release, but I haven't tested anything yet.

On 10/10/2018 at 6:56 AM, NoxBestia said:

I had LASIK done in 2001 and haven't returned to wearing glasses... yet.  I expect I'll need to sometime in the next 2-5 years.  Fortunately I am recovering relatively quickly.  I have about 30% movement back on the left side of my face.

How long did it take you for a complete recovery?

I was put on a cortisone medication and after a week I started getting tingles in my right side eyelid and from there it probably took about 4 weeks to regain full muscle control. Still to this day I put eyedrops in my right eye before going to sleep though as it seems it only recovered 95% and otherwise sometimes wake up with a sore dry eye :(

I don't remember exactly how long it took since it's some years ago but after 2 weeks it was already clearly better.

Just dropping in info about a bug I found:

At least one of the kitsune spells (I've confirmed the tech boosting one, but possibly others as well) have no cooldown, and leads to the AI burning hundreds of piety each month to the point no kitsune can accumulate any significant amount of piety anymore.

Also, I've seen non-Japanese AI leaders enact the super-CB "samurai invasion". I'd recommend disabling it, since this mod doesn't include the Japanese invasion event anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2018 at 6:02 AM, Voidstorm said:

It'd be nice to see this mod compatible with CK2plus, or even Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht. I do like this mod, but I'd rather use those mods if this isn't compatible. Many thanks for the mod nontheless :)

I agree wholeheartedly and that was my original plan.  If I take @HanCloudstone's suggestion (which is very likely) and split between a release branch and a development branch, then anything I put in the release branch would need to work with compatibility modules I had designed for some of the major overhaul MODs out there.

1 hour ago, NoxBestia said:

I agree wholeheartedly and that was my original plan.  If I take @HanCloudstone's suggestion (which is very likely) and split between a release branch and a development branch, then anything I put in the release branch would need to work with compatibility modules I had designed for some of the major overhaul MODs out there.

Github works wonderfully for test builds, since you can have a written record of changes in case you need to quickly revert something

8 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Github works wonderfully for test builds, since you can have a written record of changes in case you need to quickly revert something

Git alone, you do not need github or any remote at all. Github is great when working with a team though.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:37 AM, Voidstorm said:

This sounds exciting. I wonder how you'll work with the new content in Holy Fury. Sex Crusades against the heretics who wear clothes?

I have Holy Fury pre-ordered and have been following the dev diaries.  I am hoping that some of the behind-the-scenes changes they are making fix the difficulties with religion modding and the stupid icon strip.  If they do, it will make my compatibility modules so much easier to maintain.  From what I have seen, they are also adding in a lot of traits that are popular in mods (e.g., left-handed).  Women able to have concubines is another big deal I am going to be all over since I hate my hacked way of doing it.

24 minutes ago, NoxBestia said:

I have Holy Fury pre-ordered and have been following the dev diaries.  I am hoping that some of the behind-the-scenes changes they are making fix the difficulties with religion modding and the stupid icon strip.  If they do, it will make my compatibility modules so much easier to maintain.  From what I have seen, they are also adding in a lot of traits that are popular in mods (e.g., left-handed).  Women able to have concubines is another big deal I am going to be all over since I hate my hacked way of doing it.

The idea of everyone having to use a single set of religion strips is horrible and should die in a fire. I would be SO happy if they made it so you could make new religions but have the new religion icons be separate from the main religion strip DDS files.

2 hours ago, Voidstorm said:

Seems to be many whom are happy that females can also have concubines now. My wife has been complaining about not being able to have any despite trying every single mod that should allow it.

IIRC that was/is a hardcoded behavior, and not modifiable. CK2 tries to fit well with history, which is kind of male centric. Can't really declare yourself queen of a Christian kingdom and suddenly get a harem of males. With time other cultures got implemented, but the hardcoded Christian behavior remained.

14 minutes ago, Voidstorm said:

Yes. that was the biggest problem. I get why they did it in the first place, but why take so long to make it modifiable? They had plenty of time to do it.

The same reason why Hellenic was playable since The Old Gods (with Ruler Designer), but they didn't do anything with it for five years: it doesn't fit the game thematically, and was only added due to popularity. Hell, the popularity of the Game of Thrones forced Paradox to add divine_blood to the game. There are very few cultures in the game's geographical and timeline scope that allowed women a place of power, much less allow them multiple marriages or take their own public concubines.

Forgive me if this was covered at some point, but I can't find it when searching. But... is there a way to keep centaurs from breeding out of control? They've spread across almost a third of Europe in about 150 years. They seem to breed like rabbits, and worse, they often take human wives. Human wives who generally don't live through the birth, but the child does. And the only offspring is more centaurs. So they are not so slowly replacing all the humans. I dunno if this is intended or what.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:42 AM, clrpurp242 said:

Forgive me if this was covered at some point, but I can't find it when searching. But... is there a way to keep centaurs from breeding out of control? They've spread across almost a third of Europe in about 150 years. They seem to breed like rabbits, and worse, they often take human wives. Human wives who generally don't live through the birth, but the child does. And the only offspring is more centaurs. So they are not so slowly replacing all the humans. I dunno if this is intended or what.

That isn't specifically a desired outcome, but I have seen that happen in some of my games.  I have plans to alter interspecies breeding in the future as well as experiment with some changes to how NDPA handles races.  Right now I am holding on any further mechanics changes until after Holy Fury drops and I can see what new stuff is available for modding since some of the things I have been trying to script around will now be supported by the engine.