1 hour ago, LenaLachrymosa said:

After 2 or 3 days, I practiced magic into my own imaginary story. While practicing the summoning Familiar (wolf) and casting the Mage Light spell, my brother started telling me to leave the house because it was already late in the morning. I don't know why this happened, at the moment I can't sleep in my bed anymore. A bit sluggish as the mod takes me two .esp slots in my mod list.
Should it be like that? Because now I am treated as a stranger "in my family home"

Reveal hidden contents

Wont even work if I load game from day before. I think I remove this mod

I tried different strategies to make the player allowed in their family home, but something is still missing.

The second esp is necessary because relationships in Skyrim cannot be scripted. Without a separate esp with the relationships defined, I would have to define these relationships in the same esp file, which means the player would have 10 mothers (one for every family defined).

I am hoping to eventually sort these issues out but that will take either time or extra help.

No worries. From my point of view, you are one of the best mod developers not only for LL but also for the NexusMods website.
I uninstalled the mod, but it doesn't mean that I want to say something bad about this mod, because it is not. I just love playing Skyrim, I guess I'm addicted because every moment I spend in front of the computer, I want to spend in Skyrim. It's because of people like you that I want to play, play and play Skyrim again.
One day I will come back to your mod, but for the moment I uninstalled it, because .... as I wrote before, I have to play Skyrim: D
Thank you for being, thank you for making my Skyrim better with each of your mods. Thank you for your input and hard work. I wouldn't have gotten 11,400 hours in this game if it weren't for you and the mods community.
Forgive my poor English in school, I learned French and German.

Happy New Year mr. DeepBlueFrog

Spoiler contain only screenshots - high mb weight - if you use mobile or limited monthly internet usage on on your device. Spoilers "rather" do not show dirty threads )

..And remember my English is really, I mean really bad...watch out for sore eyes....you have been warned

What my name is and where I am from is not important, but important is what I want to convey. Once upon a time, in a distant galaxy on one of the blue pearl planet, surrounded by two moons, there lived a young girl. and it was not an ordinary girl, her name was Imogen ( Name of player character) ask her mother for spell book ( Familiar ) to let hetr start studing magic.

Spoiler

20211231142643_1.thumb.jpg.c4a49f27cc179a3c9d653436c8efd19b.jpg

Imogens ern some septims for working at Inn serving drinks ( but not all customers are co-operative ) and play on instruments 

Spoiler

20211231164532_1.thumb.jpg.36273a8871b3b34e919edd277ac90237.jpg20211231163951_1.thumb.jpg.fcc78c75753a70f0e65271ac7d14aa8c.jpg20211231135004_1.thumb.jpg.f38c1fe01b83fc7680e03e06accdfcd9.jpg

Imogen, as an ambitious person, helped her parents as much as she could. Especially when growing vegetables and harvesting them. She used magic to make weights grow faster and be more nutritious.

Spoiler

20211231133559_1.thumb.jpg.fde013ba61902c2bfefa356bc02a4d4f.jpg20211231132921_1.thumb.jpg.93e505d5c5e07815d40c697a556dc37c.jpg20211231145517_1.thumb.jpg.2849ccda909d06ccaee234152802d5e9.jpg

above all, she wanted to be the best Mage in Tamriel. Unfortunately, her family's financial debts and the status of the society she came from did not allow her to receive a proper education at the College of Winterhold.

Nevertheless, with the hard-earned money in the inn and help in the farm, the girl managed to convince Styrr,the priest of Arkay that works in Solitude in the Hall of Dead.
Imogen, who worked in the Hall of Dead from morning till late at night, became more and more interested in life and even more in death, where the girl started asking quite unusual questions: Styrr; Is death really the end, or is it the beginning of something unknown to us?

Spoiler

20211231202708_1.thumb.jpg.b731e5f38e1e062d742efbc9d1419099.jpg

Concerned by his reasoning and aware that Necromancy in Skyrim is forbidden, he wished to use Imogen's help more and more frequently.

Soon, quite accidentally, Imogen "met" Sybille Stentor from Blue Palace, or rather accidentally ran into her, which, for reasons unknown to Imogen, sensed in her what a powerful magic is hidden in Imogen.
Sybille was never interested in educating novices, but she saw in Imogen a great amount of detemination, perseverance and the power of magic hidden in her ...Sybille decided to introduce it to the secrets of magic to Imogen .. for a small fee, of course.

Receiving invaluable teachings from Sybille and studying spellbooks in secret, even from the family more or less consciously of their deeds.
Nocturnal readers that she could read in secret, far from any unwanted glances of third parties, Imogen cast spells of light that helped her studying at night, which her mother herself had actually taught her. More than one college mage would burn his hands with the fiery glow of the Magician's Light in his hands ... but not Imogen.

Spoiler

20211231162704_1.thumb.jpg.5a03b43a2a2f6212bedda9216df0e610.jpg

During the day, however, without being under the corrupt (not yet aware of Imogen) wing of Sybille, she studied with her mother, who also put great effort into educating her daughter.

Spoiler

20211231163508_1.thumb.jpg.1df7ae36a7bbcb739d238c0ec28ef7ca.jpg

With each passing day, Imogen felt the need to visit Sybille at the Blue Palace more and more ... especially at night ... Voices that pushed her to meet her.

Spoiler

20211231135619_1.thumb.jpg.738f603bf6ea7f677af6814248a5c7a7.jpg20211231160110_1.thumb.jpg.bb42f162afc0961c0777cb8f84e0cf85.jpg

One day, even with as much dormant magic as Imogen possessed, she couldn't predict what would happen the next day ... Or maybe I should have told the night .........

Spoiler

Screenshot_105.thumb.jpg.b462c7fe0c197f399dec86b73b20ce08.jpg

Would-be necromancer due to ..... Thank You Bethesda :/

Spoiler

You cannot sleep while being aked to leave.

.... To be continued ?

Spoiler

20211228232828_1.thumb.jpg.f168d314a87b46928ff3ac0dfb211b49.jpg20211229001132_1.thumb.jpg.e2c4e8f78fe91ff949f263f0ba93c5b6.jpg20211229054214_1.thumb.jpg.eae96f524827666f9b4bd4d5e2faa675.jpg

Thank you DeepBlueFrog... I wouldn't do it without your mod ;)

Spoiler

Screenshot_90.jpg.95983ebf7bc7d03ea9e2c5f624191641.jpg

Regards

Unknow Necromancer ( sources unknown tales of the elder scrolls V - The Prologue ) 

I wrote this "story" in preparation for the New Year party ( make-up, nail painting ect ) so it's more of a joke. Nevertheless, I wish you all a lot of health (how much needed in these moments) in the new coming 2022. Happy New Year

Edited by LenaLachrymosa
  • 2 weeks later...

Using the rorikstead lemkil start (the best one) and noticed that sadly the mod places "home town" map marker in winterhold. I went into the plugin in SSEEDIT and simply removed the placed map markers added by this mod... I hope this does not break my game

edit: I wound up just renaming the marker to "winterhold outskirts."

Edited by aliendreamtime
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 12:39 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

I tried different strategies to make the player allowed in their family home, but something is still missing.

One thing I know for sure, the mechanics for where the player is allowed can be buggy. I'm remembering a time where I tried to sleep at the College of Winterhold, only to be unable to because I was being told to GTFO as though I was an intruder.

As an aside, there is a redux of the Driinkiin Race in the works, and a family tie for that race when the mod is further developed would be pretty cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 11:16 AM, thesteve812 said:

I've used the mod before and have a question about the Riften Orphanage start. I thought there was another lady from the orphanage that was in the Bee and Barb.

Am I thinking of an earlier version or a different mod?

thanks

It must have been another mod. I didn't add anyone at the Bee and Barb related to the Orphanage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, thesteve812 said:

I've used the mod before and have a question about the Riften Orphanage start. I thought there was another lady from the orphanage that was in the Bee and Barb.

Am I thinking of an earlier version or a different mod?

thanks

The mod Escape the Cell adds some NPCs that give dialogues and direct you to Helgen to make your Alternate Start LAL feel more immersive. That mods add an old orphanage woman in the Bee and Barb.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I had to take a long break from Skyrim mods this year but I am getting back into it.

Family Ties is on my list of things to work on this year. I am going to work first on setting up AE on my machine and move my mods to that version.

Glad to see it. I think it would be nice to have some custom dialogues or at least a way to prevent some vanilla dialogues to show up when you have the mod. Like I'm supposed to be Sissel and Britte's sibling but they sometimes greet me like I'm new to the town. To some extent, that's also an issue with other NPCs like Rorik, who should know I grew up there.

Edited by Highborn
20 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Glad to see it. I think it would be nice to have some custom dialogues or at least a way to prevent some vanilla dialogues to show up when you have the mod. Like I'm supposed to be Sissel and Britte's sibling but they sometimes greet me like I'm new to the town. To some extent, that's also an issue with other NPCs like Rorik, who should know I grew up there.

That is going to be difficult to fix I am afraid.

It is too much work to keep developing on both versions.

My plan is to get each mod in a stable place on LE, do a final release for each, and then move over to SE.

Mods like Parasites, Sisterhood, Alicia or Hormones will be first to move over since they are relatively stable.

Mods like Stories, Family Ties, Mind Control or Hormones still need work and will stay on LE for a while.

Part of that process will be for me to learn how to convert my own mod so I don't have to keep relying on the generosity of other players to do that conversion for me.

Edited by DeepBlueFrog
5 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

If possible (I totally don't even know what is required... but I think it's not too difficult?), will you be able to support SE (1.5.97) as well as AE? If not... you might be the reason I end up ditching SE lol.

I am just at the start of rebuilding for SE, so I don't know yet which mod I will need and if I will have to downgrade to 1.5.97 or not, but I will keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, LenaLachrymosa said:

I am on LE ;) And Im thinking about LE version 

I will not be able to keep developing mods in parallels on both SE/AE and LE.

However, I will try as much as possible to publish a 'final' (and functional) version of each mod for LE before moving full time for SE/AE

So you will get a better version than what I have now, but the development will more to SE/AE only after that.

18 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I will not be able to keep developing mods in parallels on both SE/AE and LE.

However, I will try as much as possible to publish a 'final' (and functional) version of each mod for LE before moving full time for SE/AE

So you will get a better version than what I have now, but the development will more to SE/AE only after that.

so you are moving to SE/AE after this last update?

I only ask because I am on AE and was hoping to get this mod and on a sidenote 

can I suggest a discord group so we can have updates and things because it would help everyone keep track too

Edited by bradster511
worded wrong
52 minutes ago, bradster511 said:

so you are moving to SE/AE after this last update?

I only ask because I am on AE and was hoping to get this mod and on a sidenote 

can I suggest a discord group so we can have updates and things because it would help everyone keep track too

I am already posting updates in my LL blog, my Tumblr blog and in the forums here. For general status updates, I use my beta testing forum discussion (link in my signature).

I don't have much use for Discord at the moment. That's not to say I will never use it, but right now, it feels redundant compared to my other channels.

I understand that. :( But I know some mods works fine for both versions liek example Radiant Prostitution, so no need to do any convertion to other version. 

Or maybe someone till port your mods to LE 

At the moment I am still loyal to my LE :D And my Skyrim LE works great with over 1000 mods

BTW did some short story where I was mentioned about Family Ties mod ;) 

Regards and Happy New Year :)