• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2020 at 9:37 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

That's unfortunately a core gaming engine issue.

I have the same problem with the Bimbo race in Hormones and with the models of ELLE SexBot in Stories. I can change the mesh of the body and skin to be customized for any NPC (and the player) but the minute you add an armor, it brings along the default adult mesh and skin with it.

The main solution is custom armors separate from the vanilla ones, which is a huge amount of work if you want to cover everything.

Another (less ideal) solution is to use armor addons that have been accessorized and separated from the skin (I remember one a long time ago but I couldn't find it on Nexus or LL anymore).

I came across this SkyDraenei mod that somehow pulled off what I was trying to do.

https://twitter.com/Eriayai

This author somehow made a patch that fixes it so when you equip a piece of vanilla armor as the Draenei race it will use a customized model. I tried my best to mimic what they did with the lass races.

I initially copied over everything race related to a new mod and set it up as an ESM. I then picked one of my armor mods and copied it to a "patched esp" I then built up a new armor addon to use the new mesh and I set it to only work for the lass races. Then I added this armor addon to the patched armor. I figured it would work as to the best of my ability I copied everything from the draenei mod but when I go in game the armor is still invisible.

Draenei Race

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.efd73444960579e87d9c32f79dd84997.png

Example of Armor Addon from the draenei armor mod

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2c0d5f124441366d84ac051fa0970256.png

Example of armor from draenei mod

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b01c3fff6c12be6deabe6b9626c97ec6.png

My alterations to the Breton Lass Race

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3dc317e9183e73972749fd8de71e4fa1.png

my attempt at an armor addon in the armor patch esp

Spoiler

image.png.5a65516e67929af557a9cedee09d85b8.png

and the armor addition in the armor patch esp

Spoiler

image.png.5d0f6053fcc40c940b749de8e0d9f1f1.png

Any ideas on how to fix it so the patched armor will actually show?

I have all the devious devices underneath options turned off. Also when I switch to a vanilla race the piece of armor will appear. 

Yeah currently, just testing that one piece. I'm stumped as to what could be the problem. Been searching all weekend for tutorials on what to do but so far no luck. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, LenaLachrymosa said:

I heard about this mod for a long time, but only now I'm seriously considering using it.
The only problem I have is that I'm using Protect your People - PyP - Better NPC Protection mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84394? ) and I'm wondering about a potential conflict between this two mods

I never used that mod and I can't assume how it works, but Family Ties isn't changing any NPC so you should be safe with it.

14 minutes ago, HerculesCow33 said:

Hi DPF, so when will the mod continue to be developed?

I have a few major constraints right now:

1- Finding the right amount of time given my work load (from Work)

2- Finding the right inspiration between Family Ties, Sanguine Debauchery + main story and a few loose ends in SexLab Stories

3- Finding solutions to some issues with what I am trying to do with the mod - mainly:

- assign Relationship FormID by script instead of inside a .esp file.

- allow the player to plays as an Elder race character

- simulate seasons convincingly to give a sense of passing time

I will have more time at the end of December.. we will see if Family Ties comes up on top :)

8 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I have a few major constraints right now:

1- Finding the right amount of time given my work load (from Work)

2- Finding the right inspiration between Family Ties, Sanguine Debauchery + main story and a few loose ends in SexLab Stories

3- Finding solutions to some issues with what I am trying to do with the mod - mainly:

- assign Relationship FormID by script instead of inside a .esp file.

- allow the player to plays as an Elder race character

- simulate seasons convincingly to give a sense of passing time

I will have more time at the end of December.. we will see if Family Ties comes up on top :)

I've been waiting for this mod for a long time. I hope it comes up on top :)

I am working on a feature for Family Ties to better mark the progression of time and aging of the player character - Seasonal weather override.

This feature is optional, with a checkbox in MCM to turn it off.

What it does is divide your allocated number of days in a year into four seasons.

When you change cell location as you move around, the mod will add a chance to override the weather with a more appropriate weather type of that season.

In other words, sunny, clear weather is more likely to happen during the 'summer' season, rain and fog are more likely to happen during 'spring and fall' seasons, and snow is more likely to happen during 'winter' season and that, regardless of where you are in Skyrim.

I am not handling ground cover or foliage effects simply because it is next to impossible to do that dynamically in a satisfactory way. I know some ENB mods add snow on the ground during snowfalls. Those mods should be compatible with this feature.

I won't be spending too much time on this aspect of the mod. It is more for flavor than anything else. And also a way for me to get started with updates to Family Ties.

4 hours ago, HerculesCow33 said:

Great news DBF! Thank you! :) I don't think it's worth wasting your time on this feature. Maybe some incest quests are can come..

It is not at all a wasted of time. 

I got the idea playing Medieval Dynasty and it gave me a good sense of passing time to have actual seasonal changes in the weather.

And since Family Ties already has controls to set a time scale for 'aging' the player, it made sense to add that feature here.

It is already tested and working well. If feels great to have mostly rain in Spring, sunshine in Summer and fog in Fall regardless of where you are in Skyrim.

It is such a simple idea, I wonder why it isn't part of the original game.

As far as I can tell, weather in Skyrim is mostly regional, with a few random variations. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pudpud007 said:

Hey, nice simple mod. I like this. Is it possible for a player Redguard or Nord to be a child of Rustleif in Dawnstar? His wife is a redguard, and Rustleif is a nord. Also the wife is pregnant. I kinda wanna be the big brother in that family. 

Peace out!

As it is right now, the choice of start is up to you. There is no race check anywhere.

Just use the right esp for the Dawnstar family and that should be enough.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great concept, one that would make me consider brushing the digital dust off of my Skyrim copy! I was wondering if there could be daily "chore" quests added. Like, for example, as Carlotta's eldest daughter/son:

• She gives you a money purse and asks you to request new cooking utensils from Adrianne, who offers to let you keep the purse if you take the time to help her smith/improve weapons/armor, after which she sends you home with the promise that Mom will get her utensils tomorrow (or later if she has a backlog [that you didn't help with]).
  • She asks you deliver a list of requests and a purse of coins to Arcadia, who (just like Adrianne) says you can keep the purse if you help her with making potions and (a bit more hesitantly, or later after you've shown to be competent) poisons, after which she sends you home with the promise that Mom will get her stuff.
  • She hands you a bow, arrows, dagger, and paralysis poisons to hunt a game animal outside the city gates (that the mod spawns, to make sure things go smoothly). After you kill the animal, she takes the bow and dagger back, thanks you, and tells you Anoriath will go and take care of the animal, and deliver what he doesn't take for himself for field dressing the deer. She gives you a kiss, tells you she's proud of you, and sends you on your way.

Just throwing it out there. I don't know.

On 12/28/2021 at 6:16 AM, 1337DragonWolf said:

This is a great concept, one that would make me consider brushing the digital dust off of my Skyrim copy! I was wondering if there could be daily "chore" quests added. Like, for example, as Carlotta's eldest daughter/son:

• She gives you a money purse and asks you to request new cooking utensils from Adrianne, who offers to let you keep the purse if you take the time to help her smith/improve weapons/armor, after which she sends you home with the promise that Mom will get her utensils tomorrow (or later if she has a backlog [that you didn't help with]).
  • She asks you deliver a list of requests and a purse of coins to Arcadia, who (just like Adrianne) says you can keep the purse if you help her with making potions and (a bit more hesitantly, or later after you've shown to be competent) poisons, after which she sends you home with the promise that Mom will get her stuff.
  • She hands you a bow, arrows, dagger, and paralysis poisons to hunt a game animal outside the city gates (that the mod spawns, to make sure things go smoothly). After you kill the animal, she takes the bow and dagger back, thanks you, and tells you Anoriath will go and take care of the animal, and deliver what he doesn't take for himself for field dressing the deer. She gives you a kiss, tells you she's proud of you, and sends you on your way.

Just throwing it out there. I don't know.

That's in my list of ideas to develop for Family Ties.

The main mod will have a few basic quests to interact with your family.

The incest side of it will be included in SexLab Stories to make it optional and keep SexLab out of the main mod.

5 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The incest side of it will be included in SexLab Stories to make it optional and keep SexLab out of the main mod.

I think the basic quests are something that would enhance this mod a lot, since the NPCs act mostly as they don't know you.

Hope you'll start working on it again. 

7 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Kisses from your mommy aren't necessarily incest! lmfao

After 2 or 3 days, I practiced magic into my own imaginary story. While practicing the summoning Familiar (wolf) and casting the Mage Light spell, my brother started telling me to leave the house because it was already late in the morning. I don't know why this happened, at the moment I can't sleep in my bed anymore. A bit sluggish as the mod takes me two .esp slots in my mod list.
Should it be like that? Because now I am treated as a stranger "in my family home"

Spoiler

20211231171158_1.thumb.jpg.7182710db041a6885b4c97b22e7bacc2.jpg

Wont even work if I load game from day before. I think I remove this mod

Edited by LenaLachrymosa