Break Undies armors.

Nightwynd

There is no set number of parts for BU. You can have 2 parts or 10. Most just stick to between 2-4 (not counting the original 100% state).

So you could make a bu armor/clothing by deleting parts off of it (assuming that it is divided into parts of course - many are one piece so this approach will only get you a few armors/clothes). This would require nothing more than nifskope. It will still take time to do but would not require blender.

As to the other part of your question: You will need to either make the entries into the BU ini file or write a script in the esp. It won't work otherwise as the BU framework plugin won't know about the armor.

EDIT: BU should not affect anything vanilla, nor should it affect any replacer you have installed. It is pretty much a stand alone deal.

thanks for the info. but i still dont know (and probably wont understand) how BU framework actually works and i'm no scripter, so i cant write such scripts, even if i could write a complete flowchart resembling what a script does/should do.

what i think of is just an automated script, whioch checks for every armor that got its durability changed, if there is a referring .nif with a certain name extension.

example:

glass armor = data\meshes\armor\glass\female\cuirass.nif

if that gets damaged to below 100 percent, the script looks for meshes in the same folder data\meshes\armor\glass\female\ for cuirassBU1.nif cuirassBU2.nif cuirassBU3.nif etc.

and by the number of meshes it can find, it divides the 100 percent by the amount of meshes and every .nif becomes one step of durability.

so if there isnt any cuirassBUx.nif, it will recognize this armor doesnt have those steps and will not do anything to it.

you could then have the script save that info to an .ini-file so it doesnt have to do all the calculation on every durability change, as that would reduce performance

Good luck with that. It is needlessly complicated and unless you do it I don't think you will ever see it. :(

All you have to do is add armors via the ini file for BU Framework 2. Doing this does not require any scripting knowledge at all.

If you want to understand how to use the ini then there is no substitute for reading through this thread. Yes, it is 50+ pages, but many you can simply scan for information and skip. I have posted quite a bit in here and if you like you can just read my posts as I explain on multiple occasions how this system works.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi! Nothing new here?

(I'm just wondering if there is a new version of the BU compilation' date=' more armors, or else...)

;)

[/quote']

Nope not yet anyway. I just finally finished up bravil underground. I have some moderator work I need to do for a few days and then I plan on restarting the BU mod. I don't think it will take me more than 1 week to finish part 1 (which will be most of what is in the current bu merge mod). Part 2 I plan on adding in all of the bu stuff from the hentai mania mod (which is quite a few armor pieces). Part 2 will take quite a while to do (which is the reason I decided to break it into parts). Hopefully I will have part 1 done before next weekend but we will see. :P

Hi! Nothing new here?

(I'm just wondering if there is a new version of the BU compilation' date=' more armors, or else...)

;)

[/quote']

Nope not yet anyway. I just finally finished up bravil underground. I have some moderator work I need to do for a few days and then I plan on restarting the BU mod. I don't think it will take me more than 1 week to finish part 1 (which will be most of what is in the current bu merge mod). Part 2 I plan on adding in all of the bu stuff from the hentai mania mod (which is quite a few armor pieces). Part 2 will take quite a while to do (which is the reason I decided to break it into parts). Hopefully I will have part 1 done before next weekend but we will see. :P

i hope i'm speakign for the whole community:

if it doesnt make too much work, can you do the conversions in a few different boy types (if stock meshes are to be found).

you might have read that from me before: i prefer hgec e-cup, but everyone has a different taste, so maybe someone wants to use that stuff and is just disappointed its not DMRA or mangabody or whatever is out there ;)

i know its some more effort, but if its possible and you're not too screwed by editing meshes (heppens to me sometimes) can you think of those pity souls who just want the BU fittign their standard body ;)

(shouldnt drink before posting here :D makes me too social)

DeadSomething,

If I could, I would. While I suck at scripting I am even worse at blender. If it could be done in nifskope alone then I wouldn't have a problem. So unfortunately you are going to be stuck with whatever body type that the armor was made in. I am trying to add BBB to all the BU stuff that is in here but there are a few that I can't pull this off without using blender.

Now I am not saying that I will "never" do this as I really do want to learn how to do it in blender but folks have been waiting long enough for this plugin and I doubt they want to wait 6 or so more months while I try to figure out blender....:)

Outstanding work you did there, Ave! The great thing about it - you didn't content yourself with just progressively removing elements.

One of my all-time favourites among all the BU armors out there is the 'Schwertleite' armor. Every phase of the breaking process adds visible and 'realistic' damage. The best thing is one deformed boob due to the dented breastplate! Your 'YAARM' version does something similar with dangling parts and such. I'm looking forward to testing the armor in-game. Keep up the great work!

By adding the armor to the BU ini it's not even necessary to implement the script, only a few armors like 'DSR' or the Mai Shiranui clothes are using the built-in script anyway.

thanks :) i've tried to destroy the armor as realistic as possible. (you really need a repairhammer to repair it lol) if i would not be such a noob in scripting i would add the cutted of armor pieces and drop them in the ground while the armor get to the next stage, (the meshes are not the problem)that would be funny :D. perhaps someone has an idea how this would be possible.

is it realy that easy to add them to bu? because it is a replacer and there are also a male iron curiass :s maybe i have to read the readme again, damm i'm too lazy:cool:

As a replacer it is more difficult. If you make it a custom armor then it is a snap to add it via the bu framework v2. You don't need any scripting knowledge at all (which is good cause I darn sure don't have any!). You just add the required information (mostly mesh paths and esp name) to the bu.ini file and bingo you are done. If you like I can add the armor to the bu merged mod I am working on. Just post a link to the meshes (that is all I need as I already have the textures for it).

... If you like I can add the armor to the bu merged mod I am working on. Just post a link to the meshes (that is all I need as I already have the textures for it).

sure' date=' add it if u want :). the link was allready in my first post (maybe hinden in a hyperlink;)) there are also textures in for the wounds on the body

thanks for explaining, now i've carefully read the redme, sounds realy easy, but there is only talking about one armor (3 nif files), so the bu armor can only be for one gender, right?

if yes, would it work if i duplicate the original iron armor, add this script on it:

begin OnEquip

If actor.GetIsSex female

actor.additem "FemaleIronID" 1

actor.equipitem "FemaleIronID"

actor.removeitem "OriginalIronID" 1

endif

end

and on the duplicated (with bu) one this:

begin OnEquip

If actor.GetIsSex Male ;if for some reason a male gets the armor, lootet e.g.

actor.additem "originalIron" 1

actor.equipitem "originalIron"

actor.removeitem "FemaleIronID" 1

endif

end

begin OnUnequip

actor.removeitem "FemaleIronID" 1

actor.additem "OriginalIronID" 1

end

would "actor" work for npcs and pc?

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......:(

That went right over my head. To be frank with you, I couldn't script my way out of a wet paper bag so I can't tell you one way or the other. You could ask in the general tech support section for help on the scripting as there are some brilliant minds here.

All I can do teach you how to use the bu.ini. The bu.ini does not care if the person wearing the armor is male or female. That is specified in the esp. It simply points to the proper mesh to use at the various stages of broken armor.

As to how to make a replacer that would do both male and female...that I am clueless on how to accomplish. To my knowledge it has not been done yet.

as i understand, you can just simply make copies of the male version and rename them according to the BU.ini:

example iron:

armor\iron\female\cuirass.nif (actual step 100 "health" mesh)

armor\iron\female\cuirassBU1.nif (actual step 75 "health" mesh)

armor\iron\female\cuirassBU2.nif (actual step 50 "health" mesh)

armor\iron\female\cuirassBU3.nif (actual step 25 "health" mesh)

armor\iron\female\cuirassBU4.nif (actual step 0 "health" mesh)

armor\iron\male\cuirass.nif (actual step 100 "health" mesh)

armor\iron\male\cuirassBU1.nif (copy of male\cuirass.nif)

armor\iron\male\cuirassBU2.nif (copy of male\cuirass.nif)

armor\iron\male\cuirassBU3.nif (copy of male\cuirass.nif)

armor\iron\male\cuirassBU4.nif (copy of male\cuirass.nif)

that way you wont see the male version armor break down, but the female version armor will work.

Ave, I have to grab that just because its probably one of the best break effects I've seen since Schwerlite came around. Very nice job!

Can't help with the scripting, though. And what I think Dead is saying is clone one of the existing armors within the .ini, rename the file path to the male mesh, and make sure it points at the same mesh every time. Its worth a shot. You're also not going to find anything on it in the readme, solely because BU was intended for female armors, with dedicated female meshes.

Who knows, maybe you can be a pioneer into male BU armors, which a small crowd has been hungering for for a good while now!

Good luck!

Ok. I would do it myself' date=' if I knew how to :P

[/quote']

Well, it will require learning to use blender. That is something I need to try to find time to do myself. I can manipulate the shit out of things with nifskope but blender is still space magic to me....:P

Ok, I am nearly done messing with the meshes for round one's release. What I need to know is whether any of you guys actually use this with BU Dungeons or not. There are a F' ton of scripts buried in this sucker and it will take a lot of time to mess with them.

If most folks only use this to grab armors then I won't wast time with the internal scripting and will just add the armors via the ini (which allows you to edit them easily if you don't like something I have done).

If the majority of folks do plan on using this for BU dungeons then I will have to get out my scripting for dummies book and wade into the esp.

Let me know what you prefer.

Archived