Break Undies armors.

Nightwynd

So' date=' after you disabled the scripts in the items with the construction kit, how do you turn off the dependency on the breakundies esm?

[/quote']

I think you are going about this the wrong way. If you just want a few sets of armor and don't want to use or install the Break Undies system then just add the 100% model (nif file) to another esp of a mod you are using. It would be far less work than editing scripts & removing dependencies.

So' date=' a question:

When I'm adding an article of clothing to BU, I use this chunk of text:

;set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "BreakUndies\ShortDress\ShortDressE1.nif"

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

;set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "BreakUndies\ShortDress\ShortDressE2.nif"

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

;set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "BreakUndies\ShortDress\ShortDressE3.nif"

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

;set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "BreakUndies\ShortDress\ShortDressE4.nif"

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

;set aaBUData.ID to GetFormFromMod "BreakUndiesEquip.esp" "00001000"

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

copy it over and over underneath what is already in the BreakUndies.ini file, replacing the bolded parts with the mesh path, the name of the esp, and the form ID for the armor (ignoring the first two characters), yes? YES.

Now, my big question is: Can I specify an esm file as a source? That is, could I use BU on vanilla armor? (Admittedly with already altered meshes and texture). No you can't. There are no meshes\textures inside an esm file. Now you "could" use a mesh that is in a bsa file (this is probably what you meant).

Edit: I can probably make the new meshes by ripping things apart in Nifskope, so I don't think that's anything to worry about.

This is really the best way to do things is have a custom set of meshes that are loose files.

Edit2: Another question! Can I specify more than one armor, for each set of BU armor changes? Like with the different Amber armors, that's, what, 30 different versions?

No. One armor that breaks however many times you want is all that you can do. You can have 4 parts (pretty standard) or 10 if you like. However many parts you have the BU_Framework system will then assign a percentage based on the number of parts and will set the armor to break at that percentage. 4 Parts would mean it would break like this:

100-75% - unbroken (1st nif)

74-50% - 1st broken model (second nif)

49-25% - 2nd broken model (third nif)

24-0% - last broken model (fourth nif)

Now you "can" have an unlimited number of different armors but they will only break along a set path like above.

Edit3: I should think more before submitting. How would I specify which gender the armor works for?

You spec this when you enter the 100% armor nif in the esp file. That is where you pick which gender will have the broken armor. NOTE: BU armor only works for one gender per each armor. You can't have a male version and female version of the same thing unless you want your chicks to look like men or visa versa. This is the one downside of the BU system. Most BU armors are only for females anyway so that is kind of why they did what they did.

See answers in Red above.

Now, my big question is: Can I specify an esm file as a source? That is, could I use BU on vanilla armor? (Admittedly with already altered meshes and texture). No you can't. There are no meshes\textures inside an esm file. Now you "could" use a mesh that is in a bsa file (this is probably what you meant).

I meant like in this part:

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

could I do this instead:

;set aaBUData.ID to GetFormFromMod "oblivion.esm" "00001000"

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

As for gender, do you mean like when I select a path such as "armor\amber\f\greaves.nif" versus "armor\amber\m\greaves.nif"?

Thank you :)

So' date=' after you disabled the scripts in the items with the construction kit, how do you turn off the dependency on the breakundies esm?

[/quote']

I think you are going about this the wrong way. If you just want a few sets of armor and don't want to use or install the Break Undies system then just add the 100% model (nif file) to another esp of a mod you are using. It would be far less work than editing scripts & removing dependencies.

But I have absolutely no idea how to add items to a chest, I've managed to turn off the script on the item, but I can't figure out how to turn off the esp's dependency on the esm.

[/quote']

But I have absolutely no idea how to add items to a chest, I've managed to turn off the script on the item, but I can't figure out how to turn off the esp's dependency on the esm.

You don't need to add it to a chest if you don't want to. Once you put your armor into another esp, just note down the FormID number and in game type: player.additem xxxxxxxx 1

The first two x's come from your load order (look in wyre bash or OBMM and use the hexidecimal numbers next to it (like 01 or A8) and then the next six x's are the FormID of that number.

To remove a dependency you need to remove "all scripts" from that esp you are messing with and "then" you can use Tes4Gecko or Tes4Edit to remove the master.

I meant like in this part:

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

could I do this instead:

;set aaBUData.ID to GetFormFromMod "oblivion.esm" "00001000"

;SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

Yes you can do this. However' date=' you will need to make certain that the file path of the 1st bu model is identical to the file path of that armor as listed in the oblivion.esm - if the folder paths are different you will either crash or the armor will just be invisible. I don't really recommend this approach for that reason. It is better to add the armor via your own custom esp that way you can tweak the armor protection values and the durability (which controls how long it takes to break).

As for gender, do you mean like when I select a path such as "armor\amber\f\greaves.nif" versus "armor\amber\m\greaves.nif"?

Thank you :)

No. The gender is set in the construction set. That is where you identify the 1st bu model (the 100% one) and you set the gender there by identifying if it is a female armor or male. You must only choose one or the other.

Again, you set the gender in the construction set. If you add a custom armor then you do it via the construction set and you choose either the male or female grouping (where you show the esp where the nif files are located for wearing and world and you also set a icon. The location for these is right of where you identify which body part or parts the armor covers.

You can "NOT" use armors that are for both sexes! You must only use armors that are for one gender or the other. There is no way to use the ini file to spec out both male and female versions of the same armor.

The only way you can get around this is to make a custom armor for males and call it "male steel armor" and then make a second armor for females and call it "female steel armor". By making a separate male armor and a separate female armor you then will have two formid's (one for each) and can load this into the Break Undies INI file and it will break.

If you still can't understand what I am talking about then I suggest you grab a BU armor mod and open up its esp file and look at it so you can see how to do it.

[/quote']

You don't need to add it to a chest if you don't want to. Once you put your armor into another esp, just note down the FormID number and in game type: player.additem xxxxxxxx 1

The first two x's come from your load order (look in wyre bash or OBMM and use the hexidecimal numbers next to it (like 01 or A8) and then the next six x's are the FormID of that number.

To remove a dependency you need to remove "all scripts" from that esp you are messing with and "then" you can use Tes4Gecko or Tes4Edit to remove the master.

Got it.

The 4shared link on 'Tona store clothes and underwear' for the BU patch is down.

This thread is a pretty nice compilation and an easier way to find BU outfits for sure.

Beats searching ' BU ' on the Nexus and getting Buster Swords and what have you.

The 4shared link on 'Tona store clothes and underwear' for the BU patch is down.

This thread is a pretty nice compilation and an easier way to find BU outfits for sure.

Beats searching ' BU ' on the Nexus and getting Buster Swords and what have you.

I appreciate the heads up, however I don't have a working link for the Tona store BU patch. If you find one let me know. There are likely quite a few links down as this thread suffered heavily after megaupload went down.

I just stated in the post above yours that many of the links are down. I don't have time to try to track down which are broken and find alternate links, so folks are going to have to do this themselves. If you do find a working link for one that is broken, please post it and I will update the OP.

http://www.4shared.com/archive/WfZIcJFP/Dawn_Wraith_Dress_BBB.html

Found one for Dawn Wraith dress' date=' not sure if it has BU, but it was listed with a bunch of other BU stuff hosted by this dood

http://www.4shared.com/u/tdNwJMPO/pyonpyon2010.html

[/quote']

Thank you. OP updated with dawn wraith link. It does have both BU and BBB. Note that the texture paths for the nif files is wrong and will need to be corrected via nifskope.

• 1 month later...

if i add more than one armor using the same mesh do i have to do it like this

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "armors\hentai\ShadowDancer\1.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "armors\hentai\ShadowDancer\1d2.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "armors\hentai\ShadowDancer\1d3.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.DATA to sv_Construct "armors\hentai\ShadowDancer\1d4.nif"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.ID to GetFormFromMod "Hentai Mania.esp" "005271"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.ID to GetFormFromMod "Hentai Mania.esp" "00526D"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

or can i do it like this

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

SetStage aaBUDataIni 10

set aaBUData.ID to GetFormFromMod "Hentai Mania.esp" "005271"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

set aaBUData.ID to GetFormFromMod "Hentai Mania.esp" "00526D"

SetStage aaBUDataIni 30

Neither.

If you do it via the 1st spoiler all you are doing is telling the game to use the same exact nif files as the one above it and the formid's don't match: "005271" - "00526D". So you will either CTD, the game will ignore the BU, or you will get a duplicate of the same armor that you already have.

If you do it via the second spoiler the game will either CTD or ignore your armor. You have to tell the game where to go to get the nif files to use. Without the file path information the game won't know what to do.

You need to re-read my tutorial on BU armors as you are missing the fact that you have to specify the path to each nif you want to use and the first nif you list MUST be the one that you put the formid in for. Click on the bottom spoiler in the OP for my tutorial.

Neither.

If you do it via the 1st spoiler all you are doing is telling the game to use the same exact nif files as the one above it and the formid's don't match: "005271" - "00526D". So you will either CTD' date=' the game will ignore the BU, or you will get a duplicate of the same armor that you already have.

If you do it via the second spoiler the game will either CTD or ignore your armor. You have to tell the game where to go to get the nif files to use. Without the file path information the game won't know what to do.

You need to re-read my tutorial on BU armors as you are missing the fact that you have to specify the path to each nif you want to use and the first nif you list MUST be the one that you put the formid in for. Click on the bottom spoiler in the OP for my tutorial.

[/quote']

I'm making hentai mania use BU Framework and hentai mania in itself defines many armors using same meshes but with different properties. so what should i do in this situation?

I'm making hentai mania use BU Framework and hentai mania in itself defines many armors using same meshes but with different properties. so what should i do in this situation?

You can do the first method. It won't cause CTD afaik. Greg might made a wrong guess.

Archived