Break Undies armors.

Nightwynd

I'm making hentai mania use BU Framework and hentai mania in itself defines many armors using same meshes but with different properties. so what should i do in this situation?

You can do the first method. It won't cause CTD afaik. Greg might made a wrong guess.

Well I did that already. Seems to be working but every time I load a save the armor I'm wearing gets unequipped. When I equip it again it seems to be fine

Well I did that already. Seems to be working but every time I load a save the armor I'm wearing gets unequipped. When I equip it again it seems to be fine

It has nothing to do with BreakUndies ini settings, imo. BU works in the way that replaces the armor's model .nif path, and unequip, re-equipping to update 3d.

It has nothing to do with BreakUndies ini settings' date=' imo. BU works in the way that replaces the armor's model .nif path, and unequip, re-equipping to update 3d.

[/quote']

Then I guess I'll have to figure out why that armor unequips itself. The one that has only one version does not

Are there any enchantments or anything on that particular armor? Try removing the effects\enchantments to see if this makes the armor behave normally.

or

If not, the BU system "may" behave strangely when a nif (mesh) is used more than once. If there is no enchantments or other effects then try making a separate set of nif files (just copy\paste and rename them) and then use the CS to point that armor to the "renamed" nif file and see if that gets rid of the un-equip\re-equipping.

Best of luck to you.

Are there any enchantments or anything on that particular armor? Try removing the effects\enchantments to see if this makes the armor behave normally.

or

If not' date=' the BU system "may" behave strangely when a nif (mesh) is used more than once. If there is no enchantments or other effects then try making a separate set of nif files (just copy\paste and rename them) and then use the CS to point that armor to the "renamed" nif file and see if that gets rid of the un-equip\re-equipping.

Best of luck to you.

[/quote']

It is enchanted indeed. My CS experience is zero. So far I was opening esp with TES4Edit, although when I changed something in one esp with it and saved oblivion ctd when starting up so I don't know if editing with TES4Edit is a bad idea or I broke something while editing

It is enchanted indeed. My CS experience is zero. So far I was opening esp with TES4Edit' date=' although when I changed something in one esp with it and saved oblivion ctd when starting up so I don't know if editing with TES4Edit is a bad idea or I broke something while editing

[/quote']

There are some things that you simply can't change\modify\do with Tes4edit and will need to use the CS. If you can use tes4edit then the CS won't present you with any real problems. You will simply need to load that mod via the CS (you will need to most likely start the CS with OBSE) and then find the armor and remove the enchantment.

It is enchanted indeed. My CS experience is zero. So far I was opening esp with TES4Edit' date=' although when I changed something in one esp with it and saved oblivion ctd when starting up so I don't know if editing with TES4Edit is a bad idea or I broke something while editing

[/quote']

There are some things that you simply can't change\modify\do with Tes4edit and will need to use the CS. If you can use tes4edit then the CS won't present you with any real problems. You will simply need to load that mod via the CS (you will need to most likely start the CS with OBSE) and then find the armor and remove the enchantment.

I have a slight issue CSE requires OBSE 21b1 and some of the plugins i use in Oblivion need 20. When using 21b1 they don't recognize it as a newer version and say that I need ver 20... or newer. Any tip for fixing that or do I have to switch back and forth?

Easy' date=' uninstall CSE v60 and then install CSE v51 (it is at the bottom of the downloads page for the CSE). Version 51 works just fine with OBSE v20.

I use version 51 and it works fantastically!

CSE link: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/36370

[/quote']

well i dealt with the issue in another way. The plugin that was causing problems had quite wrong statement for checking minimal required version of obse - something like this if (version < 20) || (version >= 20 && revision < 4) show error message box and don't start the plugin so i changed >= to == and now it's fine

Because you are using a stock armor. You will have to use a new formid (which means a new entry) in your custom esp, then you can use that new formid and the new esp in the BU.ini

If you were just trying to change the path of the armor mesh in the CS then the game still will consult the oblivion.esm - Now do you see why there is so much work involved in bu armor replacer mods?

By the way, another reason a bu stock replacer mod will fail, is if you try to use stock armors the bu system can't handle both male\female versions of the same armor\formid\entry. It will only accept one armor (a male's or a female's). So you will have to come up with a custom armor entry (with its own formid) for each male and female version, of each stock armor and give it to the appropriate NPC's. No small task.

Well if I want it to handle only female versions of stock armors then I should be good

Ok' date=' let's clarify things: Avoid using the term "stock armor". Stock armors contain both a male and female variant. You can't do this.

Now if you are saying that you will create a custom female only armor to replace a stock version, that you will place inside the NPC's inventory via a leveled list or just dropping it into each NPC you want to have it manually then, yes that would be fine. I know it sounds like I am being petty on niggling over details but I don't want you to put a bunch of work in only to have things fail.

*edit* one more question. could I set up those armors from a script inside my esp or does it have to be from inside the ini file?

Yes, you can script BU from inside the esp. I have no clue why you would want to, but you can. The scripting inside the esp is more complicated and I don't have any examples to give you for it. Doing it via the ini file is so much easier and quicker.

Well if I want it to handle only female versions of stock armors then I should be good

Ok' date=' let's clarify things: Avoid using the term "stock armor". Stock armors contain both a male and female variant. You can't do this.

Now if you are saying that you will create a custom female only armor to replace a stock version, that you will place inside the NPC's inventory via a leveled list or just dropping it into each NPC you want to have it manually then, yes that would be fine. I know it sounds like I am being petty on niggling over details but I don't want you to put a bunch of work in only to have things fail.

*edit* one more question. could I set up those armors from a script inside my esp or does it have to be from inside the ini file?

Yes, you can script BU from inside the esp. I have no clue why you would want to, but you can. The scripting inside the esp is more complicated and I don't have any examples to give you for it. Doing it via the ini file is so much easier and quicker.

Well I really ment stock armors. What will happen when if i don't make the custom female only armor? will it use the meshes on males too?

as for scripting from inside esp i was curious because that would make instalation easier. throwing esp to a data folder is easier than doing this and pasting stuff into ini

Speaking of which.. will it work if we attach 'script' instead of via ini settings, to every single vanilla armor? Simply something like this.

Set Me to GetContainer

If Me.GetIsSex Male

Return

Else

blahblah (BU call script)

EndIf

As for few armors that already have attached script, well we should be careful. :)

The real challenge is creating BU meshes, not attaching scripts. There was an attempt to make vanilla BU long ago iirc..

What do you guys think of this?

Speaking of which.. will it work if we attach 'script' instead of via ini settings' date=' to every single vanilla armor? Simply something like this.

Set Me to GetContainer

If Me.GetIsSex Male

Return

Else

blahblah (BU call script)

EndIf

As for few armors that already have attached script, well we should be careful. :)

The real challenge is creating BU meshes, not attaching scripts. There was an attempt to make vanilla BU long ago iirc..

What do you guys think of this?

[/quote']

If that script you wrote check if character is female = activate BU stuff, then that would work.

The problem with adding BU to vanilla armors/clothings is that when you break male's clothings -> BAM! Crash -> or missing mesh -> invisible bodies error. That's what happened when i tried adding BU to vanilla stuff.

But making something with a script that checks if player is male/female = activate BU , i think that might work, but the amount of work needed to put up to have it done is tedious.

Yes, that is why I am harping on you when you use the word "stock". If you try to use a "stock armor" or any one that is for both male\female then you will either end up with dudes heads with chicks bodies or a CTD.

As to ini vs script - you will have to write a script for each armor or "tag" multiple armors in the same script (I am not sure that this can be done as I am not all that familiar with doing bu scripting in the esp). It is actually "more" work than using the ini IMHO. That is why the dude that made the BU_Framework mod switched things to the ini, is that it is quick and easy.

Once you have your custom armor entered into your esp, just note down the formid number (I used an excel spreadsheet when I made my BU armor packs - see link below) to keep the information in for handy cross referencing.

Link to the packs I assembled: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=10814

:( I know it's crazy too much work, while I think it's worth trying. Attaching scripts is not hard but surely a tedious work.

I believe I have at least one plugin that uses BUv2 script. I can use these examples. Using ini setting method indeed is quick and simple for modders, but in this case it's simply impossible to use ini.

From what I experienced it will take approximately 1 hour to create 1 BU nif, for simple lowpoly mehes like vanilla ones.

But I should finish my another project first. :dodgy: Forget about it.

:( I know it's crazy too much work' date=' while I think it's worth trying. Attaching scripts is not hard but surely a tedious work.

I believe I have at least one plugin that uses BUv2 script. I can use these examples. Using ini setting method indeed is quick and simple for modders, but in this case it's simply impossible to use ini.

From what I experienced it will take approximately 1 hour to create 1 BU nif, for simple lowpoly mehes like vanilla ones.

But I should finish my another project first. :dodgy: Forget about it.

[/quote']

I'm already spending a lot of time making the armors more reaviling so I don't mind wasting more time on making broken stages. Although I need to learn how to properly rig the armor to the skeleton. Using bone weight copy script from body to armor makes the armor behave a lot like body ie not rigid which looks kind of fishy. I really want to make this work.

How about making a script that would instead check if actor is male and if it is removed the bu script from armor? if that would be possible then one script should fit all male npc instead of making one script per armor

*edit* here is my first work (keep in mind that I'm a blender noob and modding in general noob so don't be too harsh, although any constructive feedback is much appreciated)

*edit 2* I also want to make the stock armor boots to be high heeled using real high heels system. Yeah I seem to be adding more and more work to my already not simple quest of making stock armors better ;)

@rad887

Awesome! Another volunteer for vanilla BU project.

...if I got right.

A bad news however is that I haven't even tested my idea yet. If I succeed, you decide whether you in or not.

or else, again - foget about it :dodgy:

Your thief armor. I didn't test it in game just looked over in Skope but I think there won't be any serious problem on weighting because I used full BWC too when I made a pregnant leather armor. (or you meant the knee part?)

Basically I always use (or want to use) BWC entirely instead of manual weighting. It always kicks my ass. When you want to copy from the body to a rigid object like shoulder plate, knee plate... etc, what you need is some trick. e.g. cut out the body(source) above the ankle, then your boots'(target) knee won't move alongside your body's knee.

You tried again and again, and it doesn't work? Right then. Copy from other good boots out there. No one will blame you for not giving a 'weight copy' credit.

I tested thit, and it works.

but I have to wonder. Actually, it works WITHOUT sex check.

The function which changes the model path is SetFemaleBipedPath. So basically there should be no problem without any edit. I didn't noticed this before.

While adding sex checker would decrease cpu load, it's not really needed.

Why I didn't even think about testing this myself? ;;

---------------------------

+ A rather serious problem.

BU doesn't work on enchanted BU armors.

In Break Undies Framework V2.00 readme, it reads

"Moreover, it came to operate continuously when enchant was given to the BreakUndies equipment."

but it doesn't work. Anyone knows why this doesn't work? or is this the problem on my side?

@rad887

Awesome! Another volunteer for vanilla BU project.

...if I got right.

A bad news however is that I haven't even tested my idea yet. If I succeed' date=' you decide whether you in or not.

or else, again - foget about it :dodgy:

Your thief armor. I didn't test it in game just looked over in Skope but I think there won't be any serious problem on weighting because I used full BWC too when I made a pregnant leather armor. (or you meant the knee part?)

Basically I always use (or want to use) BWC entirely instead of manual weighting. It always kicks my ass. When you want to copy from the body to a rigid object like shoulder plate, knee plate... etc, what you need is some trick. e.g. cut out the body(source) above the ankle, then your boots'(target) knee won't move alongside your body's knee.

You tried again and again, and it doesn't work? Right then. Copy from other good boots out there. No one will blame you for not giving a 'weight copy' credit.

[/quote']

Making stock armor breakable is the most natural reaction I think. We just need to figure out how the hell make it not end horribly

By the way' date=' another reason a bu stock replacer mod will fail, is if you try to use stock armors the bu system can't handle both male\female versions of the same armor\formid\entry. It will only accept one armor (a male's or a female's). So you will have to come up with a custom armor entry (with its own formid) for each male and female version, of each stock armor and give it to the appropriate NPC's. No small task.

[/quote']

I had a look at BU Framework code and I can't see where the problem would be. It's only changing the female model (SetFemaleBipedPath $s rEquip) so how the armor being for both sexes would be problematic?

*edit* I somehow missed movomo's post about that.

In Break Undies Framework V2.00 readme' date=' it reads

"Moreover, it came to operate continuously when enchant was given to the BreakUndies equipment."

but it doesn't work. Anyone knows why this doesn't work? or is this the problem on my side?[/quote']Do you mean items enchanted in-game or enchantments added in the CS?

From what I gather, the moment you enchant an item in-game (at an enchantment altar or using the console command showenchantment), this item gets assigned a new and unique form ID different from the one defined in the BU ini, so the BU framework can't find the item anymore.

Directly adding enchantments in the CS on the other hand doesn't change an armor's ID.

In Break Undies Framework V2.00 readme' date=' it reads

but it doesn't work. Anyone knows why this doesn't work? or is this the problem on my side?

[/quote']

Do you mean items enchanted in-game or enchantments added in the CS?

From what I gather, the moment you enchant an item in-game (at an enchantment altar or using the console command showenchantment), this item gets assigned a new and unique form ID different from the one defined in the BU ini, so the BU framework can't find the item anymore.

Directly adding enchantments in the CS on the other hand doesn't change an armor's ID.

In-game enchant I mean. Nah, this IS a problem for me because I want to make BreakUndies work for vanilla armors. People WILL enchant vanilla armors but if it doesn't break anymore after enchanting what's good of vanilla BU??

Besides, it should work according to the readme.txt.

また、BreakUndies装備にエンチャントを付与した場合にも引き続き動作する

ようになりました。

Moreover, it came to operate continuously when enchant was given to the BreakUndies equipment.

As it says loudly and clearly.

Archived