On 8/31/2020 at 12:21 PM, davegrohl89 said:

Realist personality doesn't work for me. Conversation ends immediately. Other personalities work well. Does anyone else have this problem??

How far does the conversation go for you exactly before it breaks off?

Progress Update:

Hello everyone, I wanted to give a small update on how the progress of RDS comes along.

Unfortunately I couldn't mange to finish the relationship update until July as originally intended. One reason was that I was between jobs in June and planned to put all my time into modding and than I suddenly got a new full time job right away, and now I do what I can after work.

Secondly, I massively underestimated the amount of content and time this update contains, from new partner dialogue system, partner given quests, and a moving in feature. It's a lot.

But I nibbled my way forward and finished most of the  partner dialogue, which was the largest part. I still need some weeks but I am hopeful to finish this update sometime this or next month.

greetings Guffel

• 1 month later...

Update 2.3

The Relationship Update is finally ready! This update nearly drove me mad. I tried to write a complex dialogue tree to cover every eventuality, but it was like playing multiple chess games at ones. In the end I wasn't happy and decided to scrap it all and start over with a simpler approach.

If you find any but report them as usuall. And have fun!

I'll directly continue with the last planned update and write the contextual aprroaches which should be a smaller and easier in comparison ;)

6 hours ago, Guffel said:

Update 2.3

The Relationship Update is finally ready! This update nearly drove me mad. I tried to write a complex dialogue tree to cover every eventuality, but it was like playing multiple chess games at ones. In the end I wasn't happy and decided to scrap it all and start over with a simpler approach.

If you find any but report them as usuall. And have fun!

I'll directly continue with the last planned update and write the contextual aprroaches which should be a smaller and easier in comparison ;)

Glad to see an update to one of my favorite mods!

In the thread, there are a few users complaining about dialogue stopping randomly with certain personality types - I also experienced that. I don't see any bug fixes noted in the changelog, though. Were those squashed?

@Guffel I am trying to understand the reputation system in RDS_PlayerApproach. As I understand it, whenever an NPC sees PC having sex, reputation is reduced. Then, if the NPC is later killed, that reputation is restored? And if they are purged it is also restored?

Is there a bug in the conditions of the OnUpdateGameTime event there?

If (NPC_ID[index].isDead()) || ((time - NPC_time[index]) >= MCM.del && MCM.del != 0)
	If (NPC_relationshipStatus[index] == "stranger" && MCM.filteredPurge && !NPC_ID[index].isDead() && !NPC_ID[index].isDisabled() && NPC_earWitness[index] > 0 && NPC_eyeWitness[index] > 0 && NPC_cheatEarWitness[index] > 0 && NPC_cheatEyeWitness[index] > 0) || !MCM.filteredPurge

As I understand it, the block of code here (which purges actors over time, I think) only runs if the NPC is an earwitness, and an eyewitness, and a cheating ear witness, and a cheating eye witness? Also the other block triggers if the NPC is dead, but the inner block never triggers if they are dead.

3 hours ago, Operand said:

I can't change the "romantic" trait weight in MCM. Of course, I can change it via console (and it is mapped back to MCM so I can view the change), but for whatever reason the slider in MCM  doesn't seem to do the job.

You're right, I'm on it.

1 hour ago, DayTri said:

Glad to see an update to one of my favorite mods!

In the thread, there are a few users complaining about dialogue stopping randomly with certain personality types - I also experienced that. I don't see any bug fixes noted in the changelog, though. Were those squashed?

Thanks!
I didn't encounter any dialogue breaking off when I played a lot a few month ago. Originally there was a problem with "sophisticated" npc but that was fixed.  So I don't exactly know where to start to look for a problem.

34 minutes ago, DayTri said:

@Guffel I am trying to understand the reputation system in RDS_PlayerApproach. As I understand it, whenever an NPC sees PC having sex, reputation is reduced. Then, if the NPC is later killed, that reputation is restored? And if they are purged it is also restored?

Is there a bug in the conditions of the OnUpdateGameTime event there?

If (NPC_ID[index].isDead()) || ((time - NPC_time[index]) >= MCM.del && MCM.del != 0)
	If (NPC_relationshipStatus[index] == "stranger" && MCM.filteredPurge && !NPC_ID[index].isDead() && !NPC_ID[index].isDisabled() && NPC_earWitness[index] > 0 && NPC_eyeWitness[index] > 0 && NPC_cheatEarWitness[index] > 0 && NPC_cheatEyeWitness[index] > 0) || !MCM.filteredPurge

As I understand it, the block of code here (which purges actors over time, I think) only runs if the NPC is an earwitness, and an eyewitness, and a cheating ear witness, and a cheating eye witness? Also the other block triggers if the NPC is dead, but the inner block never triggers if they are dead.

Everytime a npc sees the player having sex the penalty is added to the witness value of that npc and in a second step the sum of all witness values are subtracted from the reputation. And, yes, when they are killed, they are deleted and the rep is restored.

You have a good eye, thanks for pointing that out. The conditions don't work that way. That's an issue.

The first block is the normal actor purge, deleting dead actors every set number of days.

The second block is the "filtered purge" which is supposed to delete living actors that have never been "used", meaning they have all default values in their RDS attributes.
This includes all npc that are "strangers" and who are no wittness of any kind, skipping disabled npc (because other mods might have the npc temporarily disabled).

I will get on that.

This is very well done, bin looking for something like this.  settings are a bit confusing.  Does speech skill play a factor in this?  Anyhow looking forward for the npcs approaching bit is finished. One thing I noticed if an npc status is lover they get the same dialogue tree as friend or stranger.  So you have to work your way to sleeping with them although it seems a bit easier if they have lover status, should be much easier you'd think.  Also would be nice if there was a way to get reputation back.  Anyhow Really look forward to the next update love the mod so far :)

On 10/25/2020 at 5:15 AM, tarl7 said:

This is very well done, bin looking for something like this.  settings are a bit confusing.  Does speech skill play a factor in this?  Anyhow looking forward for the npcs approaching bit is finished. One thing I noticed if an npc status is lover they get the same dialogue tree as friend or stranger.  So you have to work your way to sleeping with them although it seems a bit easier if they have lover status, should be much easier you'd think.  Also would be nice if there was a way to get reputation back.  Anyhow Really look forward to the next update love the mod so far :)

No speech skill is irrellevant. The npcs status does not affect the dialogue tree, since there is only one tree in the game. Only "partner" with you formed a relationship can have diffrent approaches. You can gain rep back by killing wittnesses^^ But I think I will intoduce a solution for that soon.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:50 AM, Fulgrim_ said:

Great to see an update. And sorry to ask so soon, but is there an estimate when the contextual approaches will be added? I've been waiting for something like that for ages.

I plan to do it within the next month, so end of November.

9 hours ago, matt66 said:

As this asks to overwrites 4 files in sexlab survival does it matter which mod is overwritten or not ?

That is not supposed to happen. Those are 2 scripts that coincidentally have the same name. And the mod you overwrite will break at least partially.

3 hours ago, Guffel said:

That is not supposed to happen. Those are 2 scripts that coincidentally have the same name. And the mod you overwrite will break at least partially.

Thanks for the reply, since survival is such a huge part of my game I'll just have to see how your mod does with your files overwritten, not noticed any problems so far.

5 hours ago, Guffel said:

No speech skill is irrellevant. The npcs status does not affect the dialogue tree, since there is only one tree in the game. Only "partner" with you formed a relationship can have diffrent approaches. You can gain rep back by killing wittnesses^^ But I think I will intoduce a solution for that soon.

I plan to do it within the next month, so end of November.

2 hours ago, matt66 said:

Thanks for the reply, since survival is such a huge part of my game I'll just have to see how your mod does with your files overwritten, not noticed any problems so far.

image.png.5dd68325ab9276feae751a2c6a9a7b8b.png

Theses appear to be the conflicting scripts between SLS and RDS.

I'm going to guess this has something to do with why the Active NPC doesnt change in my MCM.

How are you supposed to target an NPC for debug? The active npc section is consistently empty no matter if you talk or get approached. Which brings to another point, the mod seems to knock down higher relationship ranks from 4 to 3  because apparently 99% of followers "are not attracted to you" no matter what you say. Also, still not sure how the flirting dialogue is supposed to trigger, made setting for arousal to 0 but the options stayed the same.

This mod looks promising, Guffel. However, I found that whenever I unchecked, that is, turned off "Rape reduces reputation" and "Rape counts as cheating," and left the menu, the game would turn them back on. I turned them off half-a-dozen times, and every time I returned to that screen, they were on again. I loaded the save when I first added your mod and tried again. Same result. And NPCs behave consistently with those two items being checked. From my standpoint, this makes your mod unplayable. I hope you can fix this glitch. If you need any other information from me, I'll be happy to do what I can.

Best wishes.

-- edit --

I moved your mod to late in my load order and returned to the save where I first added your mod. Same results. I tested all the other items in the Reputation section. They turn off just fine. The only two that always return to checked on are "Rape reduces reputation" and "Rape counts as cheating."

HOTFIX 2

On 10/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, matt66 said:

The overwrite issue is now fixed. I found and simply renamed the conflicting scripts.

9 hours ago, wren888 said:

This mod looks promising, Guffel. However, I found that whenever I unchecked, that is, turned off "Rape reduces reputation" and "Rape counts as cheating," and left the menu, the game would turn them back on. I turned them off half-a-dozen times, and every time I returned to that screen, they were on again. I loaded the save when I first added your mod and tried again. Same result. And NPCs behave consistently with those two items being checked. From my standpoint, this makes your mod unplayable. I hope you can fix this glitch. If you need any other information from me, I'll be happy to do what I can.

Best wishes.

-- edit --

I moved your mod to late in my load order and returned to the save where I first added your mod. Same results. I tested all the other items in the Reputation section. They turn off just fine. The only two that always return to checked on are "Rape reduces reputation" and "Rape counts as cheating."

I looked into is this and found it was a small display error in the MCM. The actual functionality did work though^^ It's fix now.

17 hours ago, Durante said:

How are you supposed to target an NPC for debug? The active npc section is consistently empty no matter if you talk or get approached. Which brings to another point, the mod seems to knock down higher relationship ranks from 4 to 3  because apparently 99% of followers "are not attracted to you" no matter what you say. Also, still not sure how the flirting dialogue is supposed to trigger, made setting for arousal to 0 but the options stayed the same.

When you are in a dialogue at the point that you can choose an option, you can leave the dialogue by pressing "escape" or "tab" and then open the MCM. Now the debug part should be filled.
RDS does adjust the relationship rank corresponding to the npc's affection level. And since level 4 it reserved for "lovers" it can only be reached with an affection of 60+. So a new npc who starts with a high vanilla relationship  rank but with a affection of 0 will be reset to rank 0 or 1. You can fix that by manually set the affection.

The attraction has to do with the npcs sexuality, which is by default choosen at random. It only affects the arousal during dialogue and blocks sex animations or relationships if unmatching.

The flirty options are low in the list of dialogue options. Maybe you're having the display bug, that doesn't show the full list until you hit "arrow down" or "S".

The flirt options are in total 4 line starting with "Your look really gives me juicy thoughts" to "Let me tell you what I really like..." Maybe you just overlooked them.

4 hours ago, Guffel said:

When you are in a dialogue at the point that you can choose an option, you can leave the dialogue by pressing "escape" or "tab" and then open the MCM. Now the debug part should be filled.

@Guffel, I found this to be a little finnicky, but it did select the correct NPC eventually. Do we need to get all the way through a conversation before exiting for them to show up in the debug menu?

I'm testing the new version, if I find any oddness I'll let you know. Love this mod ❤️

12 hours ago, Guffel said:

HOTFIX 2

I looked into is this and found it was a small display error in the MCM. The actual functionality did work though^^ It's fix now.

Wow, that was quick. And efficient. If only the car dealership I have to deal with had 1/10 of your dedication and ability.

Thanks much, Guffel.

-- edit --

Though I have "Rape reduces reputation" unchecked, I not only get messages "(NPCs) saw you naked," but also "(NPCs) saw you have sex." One of these NPCs was Lydia, even though I have both "Housecarls are no witnesses" and "Companions are no witnesses" checked. I don't believe all these things are normal, are they?