Poll: Who's Playing and Who's Waiting? (PC Version)

To Download SSE or Not to Download  

1,790 members have voted

1. 1. Are you downloading SSE?

• Yes! I want to play it right away!
    • No, I'm going to wait until it's been patched and/or my favorite mods work with it.
    • I'm modding it so I don't have to wait!
    • I'm reverse engineering it to make tools to mod it.
    • No, I'm sticking with Oldrim.

i am doing both in truth, i am playing here and there and im also waiting for my best mods like SkSE a few house mods/ body mods ect.  after that it is game (if MCM is took over its more or less a hit or miss when it comes to that.. of i dont get it it is almost a deal braker.. i HATE not having it in F4 )

It wouldn't even run for me to start with - just got it going yesterday... Finally!!  So far it doesn't seem that much different for me, as least, in a visual sense.

I played it for a wee bit, but you know, I miss my girls..... It's just not the same without my gang of 'Luvvy Cravesit' girls hanging on my every word... lol.

But besides all the randy sex mods, I'm also missing a few of the great 'normal' mods like the cheeky homicidal Sofia, with her sarcastic comments.

I can't wait for the results of our brilliant Lovers Lab modders....  In fact, I'm positively drooling..

You guys do grand work!

Waiting. Gave it a go today for about an hour or so to get a short impression of what it looks like now. After an astonishing 12 minutes of unmodded gameplay the Helgen scene bugged out and it CTD'ed for the first time. Great. Installed unofficial Patch, went crash-free to Riverwood and that will be it until atleast SkyUI comes out... which may take quite some time.

Well, Skyrim SE was released on last Friday (NZ time) and it's now Wednesday (NZ time) so its been 5 days. So far the Nexus has over 500 mods up, That's about 100 a Day, and the Creation kit was only released, what, only 3 days ago to the great unwashed after a fairly closed beta for a few weeks.

I dunno about anyone else, but that smells like a pretty successful sort of a start, overall.

So why is LL lagging so far behind?  Not a single 18+ mod yet?  I know some mods are complex, but still, not even one? - As of time of this post....

Hell, there is already a new female body up on Nexus - Pretty Girl Body -PGB) 

So exactly why this delay? Apparently texture and mesh conversion is fairly simple. ( and Yes, I know about SKSESE being in temporary abeyance but surely someone is converting clothes and armors to be ready for it?) XPMSE has already travelled over, with BBP and TBBP to hold the line while the situation with HDT is resolved (or canned, depending)..

Yes I know that Caliente & Co  (Blessed be their names!!) are talking about a new body style for CBBE, but UUNP looks like it's being ported ASAP. But I'm pretty sure someone will port over the Standard figures sooner or later, just to kick-start things. So..

I know all that sounded like a complaint, but it's more of a nudge to see if anyone is working on something... I'm a really base level modder, not advanced at all, so even doing clothes/armors or weapons is stretching my humble abilities.

But Damn, Skyrim SE is really something. I've never seen it this stable before, not even since playing the vanilla game back in 2012. (When I bought it!) I'm so glad I bought all the DLC and got this on Steam free, because I'd have happily paid for it. (But I do wish they'd redesigned that Sh*tty UI interface for PCs.!!!!)

Brett

Well, Skyrim SE was released on last Friday (NZ time) and it's now Wednesday (NZ time) so its been 5 days. So far the Nexus has over 500 mods up, That's about 100 a Day, and the Creation kit was only released, what, only 3 days ago to the great unwashed after a fairly closed beta for a few weeks.

I dunno about anyone else, but that smells like a pretty successful sort of a start, overall.

So why is LL lagging so far behind?  Not a single 18+ mod yet?  I know some mods are complex, but still, not even one? - As of time of this post....

Hell, there is already a new female body up on Nexus - Pretty Girl Body -PGB) 

So exactly why this delay? Apparently texture and mesh conversion is fairly simple. ( and Yes, I know about SKSESE being in temporary abeyance but surely someone is converting clothes and armors to be ready for it?) XPMSE has already travelled over, with BBP and TBBP to hold the line while the situation with HDT is resolved (or canned, depending)..

Yes I know that Caliente & Co  (Blessed be their names!!) are talking about a new body style for CBBE, but UUNP looks like it's being ported ASAP. But I'm pretty sure someone will port over the Standard figures sooner or later, just to kick-start things. So..

I know all that sounded like a complaint, but it's more of a nudge to see if anyone is working on something... I'm a really base level modder, not advanced at all, so even doing clothes/armors or weapons is stretching my humble abilities.

But Damn, Skyrim SE is really something. I've never seen it this stable before, not even since playing the vanilla game back in 2012. (When I bought it!) I'm so glad I bought all the DLC and got this on Steam free, because I'd have happily paid for it. (But I do wish they'd redesigned that Sh*tty UI interface for PCs.!!!!)

Brett

Two reasons why Lovers Lab exclusive mods aren't already converted.

First, Script Extender has not been created for SSE yet. Without it a lot of LL mods just won't run and can't even be converted.

Second, a SexLab itself has to be converted. That's a massive framework that will take a while to convert and it relies on Script Extender.

EDIT: Remembered a third reason. Bethesda's patches, hotfixes, and other attempts to fix what should have been fixed prior to launch will invalidate a lot of third party programs like Script Extender and other tools used to make advanced mods. We have to wait for them to get bored with it.

And they'll never change the UI. Skyrim was designed with consoles in mind first, PCs second. Less so than FO4, but still.

I'm playing now to appreciate it more later.

64bit has a lot of potential, especially with mod memory management. I think people lately have lost focus of how much fun this game is to make changes to with a clean slate. To put back something just the way I had it invites all the old problems that came with it. Starting fresh is sometimes like formatting the hard-drive and reloading only what I know now that works for me. Everything runs so much smoother without all the clutter you thought you can't live without. I love a good spring cleaning. Modded Skyrime for just over 4 years and know so much now. Time to put that knowledge to good use.

Each little mod and change makes me appreciate the modding community even more. The little details helps me focus even more on the modders I admire.

As of this moment the Nexus has 1259 mods for Skyrim Special Edition. A portion of those are admittedly cheats/translations and unsupported bodyslide output ports.... but still.... 1250+ mods in less than one week.... is still pretty impressive, even if we -are- missing the "vital" things.

Mostly waiting. Did a spam download of some of my core stuff a few days ago, but considering that the creation kit came out two days later I'm gonna give until late November/early December for the initial rush to calm down and maybe see what I got to work with again.

Definitely waiting. If there are -ever- all my "can't live without them" mods available for SSE I might download it. Right now it has nothing to offer for me. Its only advantage over vanilla Skyrim is the ability to use more mods without running into stability issues - which is meaningless without having said lots of mods.

Definitely waiting. If there are -ever- all my "can't live without them" mods available for SSE I might download it. Right now it has nothing to offer for me. Its only advantage over vanilla Skyrim is the ability to use more mods without running into stability issues - which is meaningless without having said lots of mods.

I wouldn't necessarily call it meaningless, considering I'm running 106 plugins over 198 total mod packages and haven't seen so much as an FPS dip, let alone glitches or outright crashing. That includes Renthal's super HD mesh/texture packs from classic Skyrim, which seem to work fine. There's plenty of mods to use right now to test with, just maybe not all of the ones people are used to having.

But hey, SKSE64 is on its way! =D

Archived